Ares versus Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Both combatants are given a choice of an adamantium sword or adamantium war axe to start the battle if they wish.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/12000/11940/16227-ares_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/161331-hulk_400.jpg

roughrider
Hulk perhaps...unless Ares gets the use of his gauntlets.

golem370
Until Ares destroys a asteroid twice the size of the Earth he ain't got a chance. It would be like a dog fighting a bear the dog is faster and smarter but the one time the bear gets a hold dog then it's lights out.

TricksterPriest
Bendis is about to give Ares a major upgrade, something that will put him on par with Thor. Until then, Hulk wins.

Board Walker
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bendis is about to give Ares a major upgrade, something that will put him on par with Thor. Until then, Hulk wins.

Which Thor though? RKT?

Tron
Originally posted by Board Walker
Which Thor though? RKT?

That would be overkill, so that's severely doubtful. He more likely means classic Thor.

masterbruce
I think Ares can win. With an adamantium sword or axe and his great skills, Ares could actually decapitate Hulk.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Tron
That would be overkill, so that's severely doubtful. He more likely means classic Thor.

Wasn't he already classic Thors equal, until Zeus striped him of his power and sent him to humanity to teach him humility?

llagrok
Wasn't he already classic Thors equal, until Zeus striped him of his power and sent him to humanity to teach him humility?

yeah, I think so.

Have a feeling Bendis' going to reverse that.

Magee
Wouldn't Ares be near skyfather level since he is an Olympian god? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Magee
Wouldn't Ares be near skyfather level since he is an Olympian god? confused

Not at all. He's just superstrong and durable and has really good skills.

olympian
Rigth now, Hulk would.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by masterbruce
Both combatants are given a choice of an adamantium sword or adamantium war axe to start the battle if they wish.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/12000/11940/16227-ares_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2267/161331-hulk_400.jpg

Ares? You mean the guy that Namor owns? Namor has beat him in water on land everywhere.

Hulk wins this.

olympian
The recent Ares isent exactly been written as he was before.

Even so, i dont recall Namor ever casually owning Ares even when he was a villain.

Board Walker
Ares prior to his depowering by Zeus, defeated several skyfathers who Zeus and the others could not.

TricksterPriest
Ares prior to his depowering by Zeus, defeated several skyfathers who Zeus and the others could not.

That wouldn't be DC Ares, would it? He'd own both of these 2.

miraclethree
That wouldn't be DC Ares, would it? He'd own both of these 2.

Your dc bias is really embarassing

Marvel > Dc

Big Sexy
Bendis is about to give Ares a major upgrade, something that will put him on par with Thor. Until then, Hulk wins. Haven't seen it yet. Unless getting owned by ultron is now a power.

llagrok
Originally posted by miraclethree

Marvel > Dc

You're ignorance is embarrassing for all of us big grin

Marvel > DC

Marvel Ares < DC Ares

TricksterPriest

Marvel > Dc

no Not DC bias at all. DC Ares is a serious powerhourse, he's over herald level.

Darth Macabre

Marvel > Dc Um, no? DC Ares would beat Marvel Ares like a red-headed step child.

llagrok
no Not DC bias at all. DC Ares is a serious powerhourse, he's over herald level.

That's one thing I like about DC.

Their gods are really, godly big grin

Big Sexy
no Not DC bias at all. DC Ares is a serious powerhourse, he's over herald level. But he has "batman and robin"metallic nipples on his armor. Thats an automatic loss.

Superboy Prime
Right...anyways

Hulk takes it.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Big Sexy
But he has "batman and robin" nipples on his armor. Thats an automatic loss.

Never noticed. And that is pretty gay. But he still owns Hulk and Marvel Ares. big grin

miraclethree

Make me guess, Darkseid would beat Dc Ares roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Macabre
Make me guess, Darkseid would beat Dc Ares roll eyes (sarcastic) ...how is that showing DC bias when they're both from DC?

SpunkySmurph

Marvel > Dc The hypocrisy of this post is overwhelming...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The hypocrisy of this post is overwhelming...

sad I wanted to be the one to say that!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
sad I wanted to be the one to say that! What can I say?

I saw the comment... I was like POW! POW!

Fastest Smurf in the West.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
What can I say?

I saw the comment... I was like POW! POW!

Fastest Smurf in the West.

I've heard your GF says that about you . . .

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I've heard your GF says that about you . . . Obvious comeback. ermmnone

TricksterPriest
Make me guess, Darkseid would beat Dc Ares roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why guess, he already did beat him. stick out tongue

olympian
Originally posted by llagrok
That's one thing I like about DC.

Their gods are really, godly big grin

Depends who the Gods are. DC Zeus isent all that he should be, for instance.

DC Ares is cleary better than his Marvel counterpart, tho. Mostly because hes written ala the Roman Mars who occupied Athena`s place in the Olympian hierarchy under the Roman literature.

Marvel Ares is more like the Greek Ares, all around.

CasanoVa
Hulk wins 8/10.

Priest
WWH wins easily

charlemagne9746
Really...Hulk shouldn't be able to touch ANY deity.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Really...Hulk shouldn't be able to touch ANY deity.

This is true. Gods should be higher up. But if you want gods who live to their hype, DC is usually the better place.

Until Bendis's upgrade comes in, I give Hulk the nod.

UniOmni
Why should the gods be completely out of reach, when they weren't that way in their own myths?

Mythical Aries could be wounded and injured by men, he just wouldn't die.

Myth Aries vs Hulk would be Hulk all day everyday.

And Marvel Ares vs Hulk is a joke as of right now.

Ares isn't even bullet proof.

Though with the jobber aura that comes part and parcel with adamantium, he could likely be a threat to Hulk in the comics.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by UniOmni
Why should the gods be completely out of reach, when they weren't that way in their own myths?

Mythical Aries could be wounded and injured by men, he just wouldn't die.

Myth Aries vs Hulk would be Hulk all day everyday.

And Marvel Ares vs Hulk is a joke as of right now.

Ares isn't even bullet proof.

Though with the jobber aura that comes part and parcel with adamantium, he could likely be a threat to Hulk in the comics.

In terms of mythology, you're right. But don't try to claim he has a prayer in hell of beating DC Ares. That's the myth taken to the next level. and Marvel Ares is about to get an upgrade, so this fight might be better in a few months.

UniOmni
Has Marvel said they'd give him an upgrade, or is Bendis just gonna have him do better against Thor than he's any right to without any outside circumstancial upgrade?

Him stalemating Thor once = jobbery.
Him stalemating or beating Thor twice = harder to dispute.
Him doing the deed thrice = Thor's just not as powerful as we thought.

TricksterPriest
Bendis said he's gonna upgrade him. srug no idea what he's gonna do. I assume an actual upgrade, or reinstatement of his full godhood.

Mider999
i dont get it if he's so weak WHY bother even calling on him was zues being lazy that day its like HAY YOUR A FREAKING SKYFATHER WHY DONT YOU JUST FIGHT ON YOUR OWN AND OWN THE ENEMY AND IF THAT DONT WORK DO WHAT ODIN DOES AND GET EVERYONES POWERS IN YOU AT ONCE YA LAZY TOGA WEARING BUM.

I mean WHY did he NEED ares so despratly.

Mider999
this is DC ares

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ares_%28DC_Comics%29#World_War_III

the Darkone

Thor and Ares has never been equals, Thor has fought him on more than three different occassions and has own Ares, even Ares strength increase and he still got his a$$ beat down. Current Hulk beats his a$$ down.

Mider999
why the freck did zues even want ares for help if he's not even thors equal i dont get it

joesha28
It will be an interesting fight. Ares is the most dirtiest fighter in the club. He'll do anything to win, he's logan x100. That's tough for Hulk.

The Fake Macoy
Question: is this the same Ares who Ikaris owned, or was that a different Ares?

K3VIL
Ares
Powers: As an immortal god, Ares possesses vast strength and endurance. His physical attributes are superior to the majority of Olympian gods. He is able to lift approximately 70 tons. He has virtually inexhaustible stamina, not tiring appreciably after any exertion. Like all immortals, Ares cannot die by any conventional means. His life force is beyond the reach of mortal injury. He can be wounded in battle, but his godly life force gives him incredible recuperative abilities. He can heal from penetration wounds (such as by knife, sword, or bullet) in anywhere from minutes to hours, depending on their severity. Only an injury of such magnitude that it incinerated him or dispersed a major portion of his bodily substance could kill him. However, in that case, Zeus or one of his fellow gods may have the power to resurrect him.
This is reported from immortalthor.net
Ares is also able to fly, and that's another major advantage.
With his weapons, which are in the durability league of Mjolnir, cause made of adamantine, Ares can surely manage to damage Hulk, and Class 70/75 tons of strength is enough to slice and behead Hulk.Wolverine can do it, so according to Marvel, Ares should be able to do it as well.Like Thor should own Hulk mostly, Ares should be able to kill him, with more fatigue, but still able.

FearOfBlood
Ares should beat Thor most of times.
Hulk should beat Ares most of times.
Nuff Said.

K3VIL
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Ares should beat Thor most of times.
Hulk should beat Ares most of times.
Nuff Said.
Wrong Said.
Thor outclass Namor in strength, durability, and match his skills and experience, if not outclass even them.
Thor can use various energy abilities, from the famous GodForce, to magnetism, anti matter and others and even the anti-force which can kill even immortals.
Versatility is the key.
Thor is more powerful and versatile than Ares, which is more versatile than Hulk and has enough physical power to do the job.Doc Samson, who is Class 70, has knocked UNCONSCIOUS the Hulk by pummeling him no-stop never letting him to catch a breath, and Ares is a "bit" more skilled and faster than Doc Samson.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by K3VIL
Wrong Said.
Thor outclass Namor in strength, durability, and match his skills and experience, if not outclass even them.
Thor can use various energy abilities, from the famous GodForce, to magnetism, anti matter and others and even the anti-force which can kill even immortals.
Versatility is the key.
Thor is more powerful and versatile than Ares, which is more versatile than Hulk and has enough physical power to do the job.Doc Samson, who is Class 70, has knocked UNCONSCIOUS the Hulk by pummeling him no-stop never letting him to catch a breath, and Ares is a "bit" more skilled and faster than Doc Samson.

laughing out loud are you saying Ares would not lose 8-9/10 versus current hulk ? laughing out loud

guy222
hulk

george '06
even though i like ares better, hulk takes this easy
ares is nowhere near as strong and i doubt he can do too much damage to hulk before hulk catches him and tears him up,
the dog to bear analogy on the first page was pretty accurate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.