new symbols thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mss_mira
i noticed that the last symbols thread hadkind of went away lol... so i just thought with AWE so close right now would be a good time so start it back up. one thingi always wondered about were the crabs.. i am sure this hasbeen discussed b4 but like i said i couldnt find it.

ok so i found this :

CRABS : according to The Herder Symbol Dictionary, crabs symbolize a connection to the unconscious; in Christianity the crab has been used to symbolize ressurection because during it's development, it sheds it's shell. As the 4th sign of the zodiac, the totem for Cancer is the crab. Give a Cancer grief and watch them crawl into their hard shell, or try to side-step trouble. Some things in life cannot be avoided, however, and must be dealt with or else they become harmful issues that make life harder to cope with.

makes sense?

Ditte3
Thanks for starting this thread again.It's interesting what you have written about crabs as a symbol.I'm gonna look for symbols too.

IheartPocky
CRABS!

In claire's they have that necklace that Tia and Davy have, and they have a locket with a crab on it.

willofthewisp
Are there any symbols related to Singapore that are going to be prominent?

diddly
wow never knew crabs could play any part... I wonder if Gore did this on purpose?

mss_mira
compass- a way of your subconscious to show you the way. It may be an indication for you to reconsider the direction in your life and to rethink the path you are taking.

water-
underwater, suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation.

Waterfall
symbolizes beauty and grace. It may represent your goals and desires.

Water Carrier
signifies favorable prospects in fortune and love.
water carrier, foretells that you will rise above your current position.

walking on water, suggests that you have supreme and ultimate control over your emotions. It may also suggest that you need to "stay on top" of your emotions and not let them explode out of hand. Alternatively, it is symbolic of faith in yourself.

SYMBOLISM - in Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl, the corset is a blatant symbol of how stifled and restricted Elizabeth Swann feels. Nowhere in the film or screenplay does anyone call attention to the corset as a symbol, but it's obvious. However, it's NOT obvious until the story makes it such. In the beginning, the corset is just a corset. But, without it, there'd be no story at all, literally OR figuratively.
http://fencingwiththefog.blogspot.com/2007/01/symbolism-and-foreshadowing.html

mss_mira
ok so i have a theory.. i saw a picture of jack putting a sword into the globe. as i recall he is a pirate lord. then i saw a clip of elizabeth doing the same thing. do you think she becomes a pirate lord? alsoi saw a clip of jack w/ scarlett and gazelle. he was armand arm with them smiling. isthisa bad thing for j/e shippers?

Sifzensinril
nope, they are just Tortuga women, not Lizzie

Ditte3
What do you think about the charts (which is many moving circles) showing Lizzy's and Jack's picture on it?What could that mean?

mss_mira
well circle charts are used for alignment purposes. like the color charts. they show the opposite or the colors that fit best together. a circle is continuous. destiny is often related to the whole 306 degrees things right? everything happens as a result of the the thing b4 it. everything happens for a reason

AudioHeart
Does someone walk on water in AWE?

PirateDiva
Originally posted by AudioHeart
Does someone walk on water in AWE?

I Dont think so....but why do u ask?

PirateDiva
You know what i was thinking....I think Liz is going to be the 1 to kill Beckett to avenge her Father!! or my other Option is Jack because well they just hate each other!!

but i really do think that Liz is gonna go Crazy on Beckett!!! I hope so!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.