What would YOU do....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Ok so heres the deal. Joey Q has finally snapped. He steps out onto the streets and singles out YOU ! He wants YOU (yes YOU) to take over Marvel while he's taking a rest-stint in the 'Happy Homes for batinzania'.

What would You do with your new found editorial power ?

Revive Cap ?
Bring back the Ultraverse ?
Make a DC/Marvel crossover ?

I'd like a decent answer with maybe a few story lines or ideas you'd spin out ect...

Juntai
Retcon his reign as editor.

marvelprince
Hmm, I'd revive the Marvel Knight's line to bring the spotlight back on some of the C and D list heroes. A lot of them have gotten a sort of new life recently.

Show the Initiative as a success. Too many people are clamouring for it to fail and for Tony to fall. I'd do that just to shut them up.

No more crossovers for a while. Let the MU actually get a chance to deal with the reprecussions of some of these huge events before you launch the characters into another one.

Sort out certain characters. No one is sure of the Sentry's actual origin or even his powers so I wold definitively explain both. I'd attempt to find a way to place some sort of limitations and restrictions on the "magic" based characters.

Tighter editorial. In the case of Civil War different writers where writing the same characters completely differently so it was jarring for readers who pick up multiple titles. Case in point, Tony in CW vs Tony in AMS.

Revive Scott Lang.

shksprtx
Call Stan Lee and ask for HIS advice...

ExodusCloak
Bring back Jean Grey in a Phoenix Mini called Phoenix Bedsong, seperate all traces of the PF from her and then have her killed off again permanently. ermm

grey fox
Originally posted by shksprtx
While I respect the man immensely he's....to out of touch. He still has good work in him ( Stan Lee re-imagines DC) but it's still a little cliched compared to current stuff....

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Bring back Jean Grey in a Phoenix Mini called Phoenix Bedsong, seperate all traces of the PF from her and then have her killed off again permanently. eerm
thumb up

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by shksprtx

That's a good idea actually. He's open to almost anything and he could probably help me set up my ideas.

Here are a couple of my ideas.

1st. 'DEATH TO THE SENTRY!' evillaugh I'll do the right thing though, make him die heroically. Maybe have him sacrifice himself to stop the void for good. wink

2nd. 'APOCALYPSE LIVES!!!!' Apocalypse returns to earth, having been repowered and boosted by the celestials. After thrashing the avengers, xmen and several other heroes, he takes 4 heroes with him and vanishes. This sets up the next big crossover, 'HORSEMEN, ASSEMBLE!!!' , in which the new horsemen team battles against people like the inhuman royal family. They can lose, but at least one of them needs to get out back to Apoc.

3rd. 'STAR WARRIORS!!!' Nova (Richard Ryder), upon finding out the situation in the Shi'ar empire, is attacked by Gladiator, sent by the new crowned emperor, Gabriel Summers, who is turning the empire into a dictatorship.

4th. 'OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE!!!' Nick Fury comes out from hiding to begin a shadow campaign aimed at bringing down Maria Hill and Tony Stark.

grey fox
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
That's a good idea actually. He's open to almost anything and he could probably help me set up my ideas.

Here are a couple of my ideas.

1st. 'DEATH TO THE SENTRY!' evillaugh I'll do the right thing though, make him die heroically. Maybe have him sacrifice himself to stop the void for good. wink

2nd. 'APOCALYPSE LIVES!!!!' Apocalypse returns to earth, having been repowered and boosted by the celestials. After thrashing the avengers, xmen and several other heroes, he takes 4 heroes with him and vanishes. This sets up the next big crossover, 'HORSEMEN, ASSEMBLE!!!' , in which the new horsemen team battles against people like the inhuman royal family. They can lose, but at least one of them needs to get out back to Apoc.

3rd. 'STAR WARRIORS!!!' Nova (Richard Ryder), upon finding out the situation in the Shi'ar empire, is attacked by Gladiator, sent by the new crowned emperor, Gabriel Summers, who is turning the empire into a dictatorship.

4th. 'OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE!!!' Nick Fury comes out from hiding to begin a shadow campaign aimed at bringing down Maria Hill and Tony Stark.

The fourth actualy sounds pretty good.

Endless Mike
Doctor Strange is back to his classic power levels

Validus
Retcon the last 5 years of Spider-Man comics.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Validus
Retcon the last 5 years of Spider-Man comics.

Does that include that Gwen Stacey/Norman thing? If so then I'm all for it.

Validus
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Does that include that Gwen Stacey/Norman thing? If so then I'm all for it.
It does. JMS has been on Spider-Man for 5 (awful) years.

EDIT - Make that the last 6 years.

Skeets
Peaches reads spider-man? i luv u...herbtouched

TricksterPriest

EDIT - Make that the last 6 years.

It's too bad really. I liked Straczynski's work on B5. sad But yes, retcon that god awful storyline with Gwen and Norman. I'd say keep Kaine around. He's cool.

ExodusCloak
Just thought of another thing...kil...I mean get rid of Chris Claremont.(In a tactful manner)

Skeets
Kaine appeared in the last 5 years?

Faceman
1. Would stop killing of Marvels best heroes. Example : Both Cap's.

2. Stop (jobbing) to D.c. Comics, in cross-overs.

3. Create a super team, like the Jla , where everyone on that team is class- A or better.

4. Put more cartoons on T.v. so kids can get better educated with Marvel characters.

5. Explore the idea of involving cosmic characters in movies, most people are not even aware of Marvels cosmic.

6. Make a friggin Thor movie already, and try to make him look as powerful as Superman, or else the movie will be a failure.

Big Sexy

EDIT - Make that the last 6 years. It hasen't been that bad except for a a few BIG foul ups. Would you really like to go back to the clone saga?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Skeets
Kaine appeared in the last 5 years?

srug Thought he did?

willRules
I'd make issues like Captain America, Ultimates or Illuminati come out monthly.

I probably wouldn't have a major crossover for a while but if I did have one it would be one where we find out what Doom has been up to during the whole civil war event. He has been preparing contingency plan for defeating the heroes retro style- with an army of super villains!!!! Villains from different titles will be against heroes they don't normally fight, lots of mixing and matching. Plus with the whole civil war event the heroes wouldn't be working together very well.

I'd make some villains major players in the MU. For example I would make Bullseye a bit more of a strategist. have him take down guys like Cable or wolverine and maybe kill a minor hero or two like a Runaway or a young Avenger to give him a cool status.

I'd have Steve Rogers dead for a long time. In the meantime I'd have Winter Soldier not become Captain America but assume the role of the main character in Cap's title.

I'd have May Parker die. I'd have some sort of major accident that would leave the readers in doubt as to Mary Jane's death as well, like a few years back. I would introduce a new female character to Spidey's life, develop a relationship with her over a couple of years, then I'd bring MJ back to cause friction.

I'd have the FF restored to it's original rooster. I'd give Charles Xavier's powers back. Beast would be more of a major player in the X-men. MORE HAWKEYE!!!! Daredevil would eventually beat up Bullseye in a cool fight after Bullseye superhero killing spree. Wolverine's healing would be played down and his fighting skills boosted. MORE HAWKEYE!!!! I'd seriously develop this idea of SHIELD not being the nice group they were thought to be like Bendis is doing. Iron-man would stop hassling the New Avengers for a while. MORE HAWKEYE!!!!!

Black Panther would lose a fight to Molly from the Runaways, in his own title. oh and..... MORE HAWKEYE!!!!

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Faceman
1. Would stop killing of Marvels best heroes. Example : Both Cap's.

2. Stop (jobbing) to D.c. Comics, in cross-overs.

3. Create a super team, like the Jla , where everyone on that team is class- A or better.

4. Put more cartoons on T.v. so kids can get better educated with Marvel characters.

5. Explore the idea of involving cosmic characters in movies, most people are not even aware of Marvels cosmic.

6. Make a friggin Thor movie already, and try to make him look as powerful as Superman, or else the movie will be a failure.
1. agreed
2. That happens on both sides though
3. Doesn't always work
4. Depends, Marvel has a some what reputation of being cheap on animation.
5. Most people don't know who the Source, Spectre,Galactus, or concepts are anyway. They tried Mephisto in Ghost rider and look how well that turned out .
6. I would like a Thor movie but truthfully I see no way of making one where hes not a joke. Shakespearean language and Viking outfits are a hard theme to sell to people.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Big Sexy
It hasen't been that bad except for a a few BIG foul ups. Would you really like to go back to the clone saga?

Ultimate Clone Saga was the freaking sh*t!

But yeah, 616 poo-ed all over it.

sad

Validus
It hasen't been that bad except for a a few BIG foul ups. Would you really like to go back to the clone saga?
Was the Clone Saga really that recent? Seems like ages ago.

Clone Saga was a good enough idea but it was executed extremely poorly.

willRules
I liked it yes

DigiMark007
Clone Saga. Mid-90's, right? I should really know but I don't feel like looking it up. But the 90's were just a horrid decade for Pete. The last 5-6 years have been much better, flaws and all.

Validus
The early to mid 90's were pretty horrid for all comics.

DigiMark007
The early to mid 90's were pretty horrid for all comics.

I guess you're right. Post Crisis. Post Secret Wars. Post IG. No movie deals that were worth a damn. Overly-steroid-like artwork. Over the top, cheesy storylines.

Wow. I had kinda forgotten all of that. Good to know I came into liking comics a ton at a good time (circa 2 years ago).

Juntai
The early to mid 90's were pretty horrid for all comics. Yep.

grey fox
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I guess you're right. Post Crisis. Post Secret Wars. Post IG. No movie deals that were worth a damn. Overly-steroid-like artwork. Over the top, cheesy storylines.

Wow. I had kinda forgotten all of that. Good to know I came into liking comics a ton at a good time (circa 2 years ago).

Plus a horrid fascination with The X-men and Supes dieing...

Big Sexy
Ultimate Clone Saga was the freaking sh*t!

But yeah, 616 poo-ed all over it.

sad It was awesome. The Ultimate Spiderman series added some creativity to alot of the 616 stories.

Juntai
I give it another 2-3 years before DC completely retcons the 90s away. Johns is so close already.

Faceman
Would cut a deal with D.c. Comics , where as Thor and Wonder Woman , would have a child together. Later that child would grow up to be the most insanely powerful hero, the hero could appear in both Marvel and D.c. Comics story lines.

DigiMark007
It was awesome. The Ultimate Spiderman series added some creativity to alot of the 616 stories.

616 Parker is obviously my boy and all. But I'll be perfectly honest: Ultimate Spidey is >>> 616 in terms of character development and story arcs in the past few years. Great stuff.

smile

grey fox
616 Parker is obviously my boy and all. But I'll be perfectly honest: Ultimate Spidey is >>> 616 in terms of character development and story arcs in the past few years. Great stuff.

smile

Yeah but also Emo-ness

Darth Macabre
Retcon the crap out of Vulcan. Bring back Adam X. Do away with Omega level in mutants. Enhance some villains, namely Toad. Keep Wolverine a mutant, and have an absolute backstory for him; with Sabretooth being his half-brother, and Wildchild being Sabretooth's son.

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Retcon the crap out of Vulcan. Bring back Adam X. Do away with Omega level in mutants. Enhance some villains, namely Toad. Keep Wolverine a mutant, and have an absolute backstory for him; with Sabretooth being his half-brother, and Wildchild being Sabretooth's son.

Cha-ching thumb up

Give the man a cigar !

DigiMark007
I'd buy the rights to He-Man. Imagine the homoerotic Golden Age-style stories we could use him for.

His first major victory after the intro arc would be an owning of a pissed Hulk.

Also, I'd hire Spider-Man a fanboy writer. Decent stories recently, but compared to the ludicrous sh*t that Black Panther, Cap, Wolverine, etc. get to do now thanks to uninformed writers, the best I could do is level the playing field some.

Newjak
First thing I would do is get Galactus back to where he needs to be. Which is close to the top of the food chain by making him stronger than any other Galactus.

I would also remove Asgard from Earth (Stupid Idea). I would completely revamp the Asgardian race. Basically make it to where the normal Asgardion Male is as strong as Namor in water. I would also return Odin to power and the newly reformed Asgard seems to be weak so it is attacked from all directions. The Asgardions go to war against all the forces that would fight them. Think about a Non holding back Thor leading the forces of Asgard against forces of Mephisto and Ymir and Surtur and Dormmaru. I would also retcon every previous appearance by Thor on Earth by saying that Odin makes them weaker on Earth.

I would just get completely rid of the Phoenix Force. The stupid Force that really does nothing but cause PISy stupid stories.

I would leave Cap dead but I would have Tony resign from his position to guilty to continue.

Black Panther would get the most serious beat down ever from Black Bolt then Hulk then Silver Surfer no expression

llagrok
1. I would give Apocalypse a little series where we find out what the celestials wanted from him and such.

2. Stop Loeb on his ****ing rampage, before he ruins Wolverine and Sabretooth completely.

3. Try to find some way of restoring a couple of more mutants, perhaps try to do something else besides making Uncanny x-men all about Rachel. Most importantly, get Prof x his powers back.

4. Kill off Hulk in WWH.

5. Do some more with Deadpool, and possibly bring back "Alex Hayden"

6. Sit down and have a serious talk with Hudlin

7. Miniseries with Drax

8. Release a much more violent cartoon, rawr!

9. Bring back Sublime and then have him killed off permanently.

10. x-rated comics with invisible woman/spider woman <.<

CasanoVa
Dan Slott on ASM

Travel Foreman on everybook twice

Bendis on a Luke Cage book

A Hercules ongoing

Nick Fury coming back and kicking arse and taking names

Fraction on more books

More Christos Gage, more Jeff Parker.

Oh and bring Doop back.

llagrok
Of course, I need to get Nick Fury back smile

lordboo
1.bring back tyrant at full power and t&a
2.make apoc return awesome,not a half aresd effort of jobberness
3.cancel onslaught reborn
4.mini series with roan the accuser
5.make better comic book movies
6.make illuminate monthly
7.kill black panther before they decide to give him an Omnipotent figure 4 leg lock

CasanoVa
Greg Pak has to be kept at Marvel, put him on more books.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by lordboo
6.make illuminate monthly

Now that's something I want to see. Monthly Illuminati = Awesome.

Juntai
Monthly? Shit I'd like a new issue.

Galan007
Originally posted by grey fox
Ok so heres the deal. Joey Q has finally snapped. He steps out onto the streets and singles out YOU ! He wants YOU (yes YOU) to take over Marvel while he's taking a rest-stint in the 'Happy Homes for batinzania'.

What would You do with your new found editorial power ?

Revive Cap ?
Bring back the Ultraverse ?
Make a DC/Marvel crossover ?

I'd like a decent answer with maybe a few story lines or ideas you'd spin out ect... Out of those options?

I'd bring back the Ultraverse...

Marvel could have done SO much more with it's heroes and villains IMO. ermmhappy

Endless Mike
Oh, and the Living Tribunal should show up one day in the Ultimate Marvel universe, say "You know what? You guys suck" and then blow it up.

Heh, j/k.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Oh, and the Living Tribunal should show up one day in the Ultimate Marvel universe, say "You know what? You guys suck" and then blow it up.

Heh, j/k.

You better be. angrymob stick out tongue

Seems like one of the few things everyone agrees on, is Nick Fury coming back and beating Stark's ass.

And retconing the last 5-6 years of spidey. ermmhappy

Crossover idea: Darkseid vs. Dormammu or Odin, or some other skyfather. Ending in a draw. (Though I'd personally give Darkseid the win, I figure a draw is being fair. evil face )

Big Sexy
Originally posted by llagrok
1. I would give Apocalypse a little series where we find out what the celestials wanted from him and such.

2. Stop Loeb on his ****ing rampage, before he ruins Wolverine and Sabretooth completely.

3. Try to find some way of restoring a couple of more mutants, perhaps try to do something else besides making Uncanny x-men all about Rachel. Most importantly, get Prof x his powers back.

4. Kill off Hulk in WWH.

5. Do some more with Deadpool, and possibly bring back "Alex Hayden"

6. Sit down and have a serious talk with Hudlin

7. Miniseries with Drax

8. Release a much more violent cartoon, rawr!

9. Bring back Sublime and then have him killed off permanently.

10. x-rated comics with invisible woman/spider woman <.< Endangered species will probably fix #3

Endless Mike
Or how about Exitar vs. Galactus (with Galactus winning after a long fight)

Validus
Originally posted by Juntai
Monthly? Shit I'd like a new issue.
laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Remove the whole concept of Omega mutants.

Give Jaspers/Fury some showings.

Retcon all of Wolvie's past lives as crack induced hallucinations and the "hand of God" thing as delusion.

Force the writers to come up with a good explanation for how Hulk beats BB and Strange.

Get someone to make an all nude issue just because.

Get Strange onto a team where threats are more on the level he should be at.

Give Sentry and upper power limit and some Prozac.

Destroy the moon.

SpunkySmurph
- Define (but not get rid) of the Omega Mutant concept, and possibly tone down power levels

- Bring Black Bolt back to being written at his full potential. Possibly give him a boost in speed/strength. Then stick him in a solo story involving going to all extremes to protect his people.

- Bring Doop back, have an issue or two firmly defining his past wins, and then establishing him as Skyfather Level

- Do away with any plans for Marvel/DC crossovers

- Give Odin a bit more of an edge to his personality, update his costume, and maybe stick him with a couple awesome feats

- Emphasize Omega Flight as a big player in the MU

- Keep Thanos and Cap from coming back for however many years.

- Pluck Dr. Strange from the New Avengers, keep him in the Illuminati, but cut him out for a temporary solo in which he loses his magical ability and must regain it... actually, that sounds a bit to much like TOS... I'd still like to see it though.

- Stick Sentry with some more high feats, and have him go all out and give someone high up the food chain a good run for their money

- Disperse with all of the new mutants being pumped into and out of X's mansion, and bring X-Men back to some of their more glorifying days

- Get rid of Apocalypse and have Cable die a hero's death, make it permanent (or for at least a noticeable time), and have it have a profound effect on Marvel Earth.

- Get rid of the New Avengers in general, but have Nick Fury come back with a team of street-to-ironman levels rebelling against the Initiative.

-To match the new, avenging Spidey, have some of Spidey's classic villains (Rhino, Shocker, etc.) written up to the potential of their powers, and have some hard core fights in Spider-Man, filled with collateral damage

There's more, later.

Darth Macabre
I'd buy the rights to He-Man. Imagine the homoerotic Golden Age-style stories we could use him for.

His first major victory after the intro arc would be an owning of a pissed Hulk. Awesome. Let's pool all of our money together and do it.

Martian_mind
-establish Bill as a new player on ME band have OF throw down with the avengers.

-make a real avengers team of Hercules,Iron man,Thor,Hawkeye,Carol danvers,Yellow jacket and Captain Mar-vell.

-Have Cable crush Wolverine in a 1v1 confrontation

-Stop hacing Cable/Daedpool have a lovers tiff and get them back together.

-Thor stops WWH in his tracks.

marvelprince
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
- Pluck Dr. Strange from the New Avengers

- Get rid of the New Avengers in general

Originally posted by Martian_mind
-make a real avengers team of Hercules,Iron man,Thor,Hawkeye,Carol danvers,Yellow jacket and Captain Mar-vell.

Do you all hate me?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by marvelprince
Do you all hate me? Yep.

But that's not why we said that.

marvelprince
Yep.

But that's not why we said that.

Oh, just wanted to get that straightened out.

I'm just glad you won't be touching New Avengers.

SpunkySmurph
Oh, just wanted to get that straightened out.

I'm just glad you won't be touching New Avengers. We won't be touching them.

We'll be crushing the concept into the ground, then making a better team, stuffed with people that make more sense, and having Nick Fury lead it. And it def. won't be called the "Avengers".

marvelprince
We won't be touching them.

We'll be crushing the concept into the ground, then making a better team, stuffed with people that make more sense, and having Nick Fury lead it. And it def. won't be called the "Avengers".

laughing out loud I could get into all the things wrong with what you've said but I think its just easier to brush you off as just same ol Smurph and laugh at your nonsensical ramblings.

SpunkySmurph
laughing out loud I could get into all the things wrong with what you've said but I think its just easier to brush you off as just same ol Smurph and laugh at your nonsensical ramblings. Think whatever you want.

I know I'm right.

And this is why

Jebus reborn
Have Sentry go on a wicked rampage, where Surfer comes in and stops him.

Make Apoc stop jobbing... and then make him lose to Sentry.

Have Thanos show up, where Wolverine tries to cut him, fails, and Thanos kills him with a punch, and makes him immortal, rather than Wolverine's stupid immortality story.
That way, he has an actual reason to be immortal, and Wolverine fans also win.

Dr. Strange can lick my balls, considering his previous feats were some of the dumbest shit in comics. Don't depower him, but don't put him back on his pre-crisis levels.

Since Mar-Vell has been brought back... actually make him have a purpose.

Keep Thanos, and Cap dead for a while, while also emphasizing on what Thanos's role/power is, and have him torture Cap for a while, until I would decide for him to come back.

Thor's new look sucks. Bring back his RKT look if he's going to get an unneeded series, which he will most likely suck in.

Don't have Hulk beat Black Bolt through raw power, and if he has to defeat him, have him cheap shot him (with a tech gun or something), because I find it very difficult to believe that he could ever beat him.

Keep Dr. Strange the f*ck away from WWH.

Bring back Silver Surfer's cartoon.

Bring back the 90's version of X-Men, with that type of art, but better, and that type of storyline.

Same goes for Spider-Man.

Keep making the F4 cartoon the same (I only saw one episode, but f*ck was it good! "Annihilation"wink.

Stardust deserves a mini, I'm thinking...

A rogue Watcher arc, where he actually does something to show a Watcher's powers. Maybe a fight with Zeus or something.

A flashback issue, where Odin gets smashed by Galactus.

Galactus beating Celestials.

Rematch between Sabes, and Omega Red, where Red wins like he should, and handily.

An Omega Red arc, that is nicely written.

Hercules deserves something... maybe a fight where he beats the shit out of Iron Man or something.
A Hercules arc, where he fights a bunch of heroes, and beats up Wolverine first and foremost.

Etc.

marvelprince
Think whatever you want.

I know I'm right.

And this is why

And that proves what exactly? That is closer to Dr Strange's original levels to get caught off guard like that and not the Dr Strange from the 90's that could do any and everything.

Besides, its not a big secret or anything that Strange is being depowered so that he can better fit into the MU. Some people don't like it, but as someone who loved Dr Strange from his Strange Tales days and loathed "cosmic" Strange this is a ery good thing for me.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Dr. Strange can lick my balls, considering his previous feats were some of the dumbest shit in comics. Don't depower him, but don't put him back on his pre-crisis levels.

I don't think COIE had a major effect on Strange. But thats just me.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't think COIE had a major effect on Strange. But thats just me. No, it wasn't that. It happened after IC, so therefore, he was affected after the second Crisis.

Would that be Post-Pre-Crisis?

Mider999
have hulk stop losing to heralds YES I SAID IT but he'd still lose to there other powers ARE YOU HAPPY! but id have hulk defeat surfer fare and square and be able to hurt him I SO DONT CARE IF YOU HATE ME he'd be in the meastro story arc levels of powers though.

i would have had galactus absorb that energy at the end of annihilation to win NOT SURFER

would have had thanos die more diservingly, by more diservingly i mean in not so stupid a way as he did like umm i uno against uber annihilus or something

id have made it clear that odin was holding back during the thanos vs odin fight

maybe we could have more crossovers.......but less stupid ones NON FAN VOTED vomits knowing how wolverine defeated lobo......in a lobo comic they say that they show him talking to a bald dude who pays him to lose to wolverine lol

id have tyrant thrash thanos depowered or not

MORE MARVEL MANGAVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id have sentry stop acting like a punk and go all out PUT UP OR SHUT UP SUPER I MEAN SENTRY

spidermans aunt would never have died

kingpin would still be owning guys like capt america

captian america would still be alive sure why not

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
No, it wasn't that. It happened after IC, so therefore, he was affected after the second Crisis.

Would that be Post-Pre-Crisis?

. . . I'm not sure how to respond now . . .

Redatom65
if someone died, keep em dead, so retcon everything he did, cause that's all he did. More DC/Marvel Crossovers, Have Peter David work on genis

Grimm22
1. Fire Reggie Hudlin and put Dwayne McDuffie on Black Panther

2. Place Dan Slott on Ultimate FF (after Mike Carey is done) and Amazing Spidey

3. Retcon Sins Past and the Other

4. Cancel New Avengers and change Mighty Avengers to The Avengers

5. Cancel Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and give Spectacular Spider-Man a new status quo.

6. Put Bendis and Finch on Ult. X-men

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
. . . I'm not sure how to respond now . . . And that is why I'm here:
http://www.cmkconsulting.co.uk/images/p-mountaintop.jpg

And you're here:
http://www.chicotown.com/pics/bush-shit.jpg

Grimm22
Here's a couple more things I thought of..

7. Start a new, Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos series (with the real howling commandos)

8. Put Wolverine back in his classic costume

9. Give Franklin Richards his powers back

10. When Cap returns (because he eventually will), give him back his old look (No more super-detailed chainmail)

pr1983
a bit much but here it goes...

i'd retcon the last couple of years of marvel...

i'd have it that house of m never actually ended... that the heroes' apparent victory was just a ruse, and that scarlet witch was still altering reality, directly influencing tony to start civil war...

why? because annihilation never ended, annihilus had taken most of the known galaxy, and wanted earth... but he knew he'd have trouble taking it if every hero was there to stand up against him... his first attempt, house of m, would have robbed the earth of the avengers and f4, but that didn't succeed, so then he tried civil war, which met with more success...

galactus realises that something is very wrong, and he and his heralds (surfer, stardust, terrax), and nova, go to earth to warn everyone... at first sceptical, tony manages to get his hands on wanda, and she confirms everything once doctor strange brings her out of annihilus' control... so tony goes to the raft (the shield helicarrier thingy), and makes peace with captain america (who is actually alive), telling him what's happened...

hulk arrives back on earth, and he and the illuminati forge a truce, to fight off the annihilation wave, and then deal with their problems...

namor brings an atlantean army to the surface to help, and the heroes, who are now back together as one force, prepare for battle...

so basically you have the f4, the x-men (pretty much all of them, x-factor and excalibur too), anyone who's ever been an avenger, anyone else who's a hero, namor and his army, and the inhumans waiting to meet the oncoming onslaught of the annihilation wave, while galactus, his heralds, sentry and nova wait in orbit as the first line of defence...

soon annihilus arrives, and even though the heralds and galactus manage to slay tenebrous and aegis (spelling for both of em not sure), the annihilation wave hits earth, and the planet becomes a warzone (the planet not being destroyed like others, annihilus wants it as a trophy).

the battle rages on, and even though each hero gives as good as they get, annihilus with his recently acquired quasar powers seems to be gaining the upper hand...

that is until thor arrives with a massive asgardian army...

long story short, thor and his buddies go to town on the annihilation wave, their initial attack letting the heroes regroup and come back at annihilus, and with galactus and his heralds now back in the fight, annihilus' forces are defated...

havent thought of a fitting ending... though i had thought that maybe tony would be the one to finish it off, as he blamed annihilus for making him start civil war...

for anyone wondering, thanos hadn't actually come to earth, he'd simply sat back and waited to see what would happen if these two massive forces ever met, which they did, so he honestly just wasn't bothered getting involved...

llagrok
Originally posted by Martian_mind
-establish Bill as a new player on ME band have OF throw down with the avengers.

-Have Cable crush Wolverine in a 1v1 confrontation

-Stop hacing Cable/Daedpool have a lovers tiff and get them back together.

-Thor stops WWH in his tracks.

MM knows what the hell he's talking about! *thumbs up smiley*

I wanna see Thor come crashing down, let Hulk have a taste of Mjolnir and then turn to Iron Man and say "Silly *****, don't try to clone me"

Perhaps see some more of Nova.

Soljer
Originally posted by pr1983
a bit much but here it goes...

i'd retcon the last couple of years of marvel...

i'd have it that house of m never actually ended... that the heroes' apparent victory was just a ruse, and that scarlet witch was still altering reality, directly influencing tony to start civil war...

why? because annihilation never ended, annihilus had taken most of the known galaxy, and wanted earth... but he knew he'd have trouble taking it if every hero was there to stand up against him... his first attempt, house of m, would have robbed the earth of the avengers and f4, but that didn't succeed, so then he tried civil war, which met with more success...

galactus realises that something is very wrong, and he and his heralds (surfer, stardust, terrax), and nova, go to earth to warn everyone... at first sceptical, tony manages to get his hands on wanda, and she confirms everything once doctor strange brings her out of annihilus' control... so tony goes to the raft (the shield helicarrier thingy), and makes peace with captain america (who is actually alive), telling him what's happened...

hulk arrives back on earth, and he and the illuminati forge a truce, to fight off the annihilation wave, and then deal with their problems...

namor brings an atlantean army to the surface to help, and the heroes, who are now back together as one force, prepare for battle...

so basically you have the f4, the x-men (pretty much all of them, x-factor and excalibur too), anyone who's ever been an avenger, anyone else who's a hero, namor and his army, and the inhumans waiting to meet the oncoming onslaught of the annihilation wave, while galactus, his heralds, sentry and nova wait in orbit as the first line of defence...

soon annihilus arrives, and even though the heralds and galactus manage to slay tenebrous and aegis (spelling for both of em not sure), the annihilation wave hits earth, and the planet becomes a warzone (the planet not being destroyed like others, annihilus wants it as a trophy).

the battle rages on, and even though each hero gives as good as they get, annihilus with his recently acquired quasar powers seems to be gaining the upper hand...

that is until thor arrives with a massive asgardian army...

long story short, thor and his buddies go to town on the annihilation wave, their initial attack letting the heroes regroup and come back at annihilus, and with galactus and his heralds now back in the fight, annihilus' forces are defated...

havent thought of a fitting ending... though i had thought that maybe tony would be the one to finish it off, as he blamed annihilus for making him start civil war...

for anyone wondering, thanos hadn't actually come to earth, he'd simply sat back and waited to see what would happen if these two massive forces ever met, which they did, so he honestly just wasn't bothered getting involved...

Wow....

Very, very, very good.

pr1983
Originally posted by Soljer
Wow....

Very, very, very good.

embarrasment

willRules
Yeah, pr, you should consider writing in my story vs thread yes

CasanoVa
It's good, I agree, but it takes away something from Annihilation; it was about the lesser known guys getting air-time.

If that had happened though, I wouldn't really hate it.

But there are VERY few things I would retcon, I'm against retconning people's work, because well if you're a good enough writer you can make it work despite how bad it is (even stuff like Sins Past).

pr1983
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah, pr, you should consider writing in my story vs thread yes

i'd considered it before, but i dunno, i'm not sure i'd know what to write...

willRules
Anything, it's your choice and I'm sure it'd be great, no obligation though if you didn't want to yes

pr1983
Originally posted by CasanoVa
It's good, I agree, but it takes away something from Annihilation; it was about the lesser known guys getting air-time.

If that had happened though, I wouldn't really hate it.

But there are VERY few things I would retcon, I'm against retconning people's work, because well if you're a good enough writer you can make it work despite how bad it is (even stuff like Sins Past).

true, though if i'd had my way, those lesser knowns would have still had alot of focus anyways... i mean, what had already happened in annihilation would have happened. what i was thinking was just something to add to it, not take away from it... stick out tongue

and i think alot of crap should be retconned... though i wouldnt overdo it either...

Anything, it's your choice and I'm sure it'd be great, no obligation though if you didn't want to yes

see, now i'm tempted... any chance of a link?

Newjak
true, though if i'd had my way, those lesser knowns would have still had alot of focus anyways... i mean, what had already happened in annihilation would have happened. what i was thinking was just something to add to it, not take away from it... stick out tongue

and i think alot of crap should be retconned... though i wouldnt overdo it either...

see, now i'm tempted... any chance of a link? You would do great pr I've posted two stories in it stick out tongue

Anyways Retconning can be done in a way that doesn't just erase the past but it can add depth to bad writing and shaky story.

willRules
see, now i'm tempted... any chance of a link?

Of course yes

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405537&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

enjoy!

pr1983
Originally posted by Newjak
You would do great pr I've posted two stories in it stick out tongue

Anyways Retconning can be done in a way that doesn't just erase the past but it can add depth to bad writing and shaky story.

that's what i was going for... not that annihilation was bad, but civil war left me kind of cold, and i'd wondered what would have happened if the wave had hit earth...

Of course yes

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405537&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

enjoy!

coo, thx dude...

Neil Gaiman
If I told you I doubt I would get any more work at Marvel and with the success of "Eternals" this is not something I wish to happen.

pr1983
Originally posted by Neil Gaiman
If I told you I doubt I would get anymore work at Marvel and with the success of "Eternals" this is not something I wish to happen.

blink

Newjak
that's what i was going for... not that annihilation was bad, but civil war left me kind of cold, and i'd wondered what would have happened if the wave had hit earth...

coo, thx dude... I don't want the AW to hit Earth but I do think Civil War should be somewhat changed.

pr1983
I don't want the AW to hit Earth but I do think Civil War should be somewhat changed.

cw could have done with quite a few changes imo...

Newjak
cw could have done with quite a few changes imo... Yeah quite a few stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Here is mine....

Cancel every single upcoming movie project and cartoons. Dedicate my time to the comic books and ONLY comic books. I don't want no friggin movie bandwagon jumpers buying titles so that later they can go an change the characters to their stinking lousy taste (case in point Spiderman)

Marvel should be Superheroes vs Villains! That's what I'd loved in the 80's. I want good writers in my staff NOT some controversial writer that directs stories into controversy just to sell the books. I want the classics to return. I want to please the die-hard fans (like I was) and not the wimpy annoying clueless bandwagon fans.

Most important of all is to solidified the Marvel Mythology just like DC comics. I want the characters to be loved once again. Not hated like Iron Man or lame like Captain America.

This isn't the Marvel I grew up with...this isn't Make mine Marvel for me anymore. I welcome all fans new and old. I would want to give them the real Marvel Experience.

Fans want good stories with their favorite characters. That's what I want to give to the fans. Not cater the bandwagon fanatics. Sure, they bring more money...but I'd rather not use that to carry the stories.

pr1983
Yeah quite a few stick out tongue

damn straight...

Mider999
id stop giving thanos so many PIS moments like when he actually got up after a fight with ODIN or held his own for a moment against tyrant everyone knows odin was holding back and if they say otherwise thats just silly.

llagrok
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Here is mine....

Cancel every single upcoming movie project and cartoons. Dedicate my time to the comic books and ONLY comic books. I don't want no friggin movie bandwagon jumpers buying titles so that later they can go an change the characters to their stinking lousy taste (case in point Spiderman)

Marvel should be Superheroes vs Villains! I want good writers in my staff NOT some controversial writer that directs stories into controversy just to sell the books.

Co-sign.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Mider999
id stop giving thanos so many PIS moments like when he actually got up after a fight with ODIN or held his own for a moment against tyrant everyone knows odin was holding back and if they say otherwise thats just silly. Are you ok? The Odin/thanos fight really seems to be bothering you. It happened over ten years ago, its no big deal.

grey fox
Are you ok? The Odin/thanos fight really seems to be bothering you. It happened over ten years ago, its no big deal.

It's Mider, EVERYTHING is a big deal to him.

grey fox
bump

grey fox
I'd do a Lizard Mini series.

3 issues possibly,

1st Issue - Connors snaps after finding out Billy has joined a group of rebellious super-thugs and (after a failed attempt at reasoning followed by a humiliating beat-down form 14-17 year olds) uses a risky attempt at merging both 'Lizard' and 'Connors' mindsets from the (now gimmicky show-artist) Ringmaster. The issue ends with connors eye opening only for it be framed with a animalistic slit pupil

2nd Issue - The New Lizard tries to track his son across New York (evading the occasional police hot spots and using his formidable powers to steal the odd snack along the way) he'd inadvertently save a woman from a rapist, several old folks from a gang of youths (idly commenting that 'These aren't the ones he want') and even takes down a New Stiltman (whose failed attempts at holding up a Bank would be vaguely humorous).

3rd Issue - The Lizard finally confronts his son in the middle of robbing a small 'Fisk-Co' which is hiding a stash of old Iron-Man tech ( Armour Wars). His son finally realises that he's not playing around when the leader of the gang (some skinhead utilising MGH to amp himself up) dons the Armour and murders a large amount of the staff . Lizard finds himself at serious odds here when (out of the blue) Spidey arrives , making several wisecracks at how he's had to follow Connors across town.

The series would end on a high-note, Connors vowing not to transform unless necessary, Billy being interviwed by the YA and the Skinhead (after being peeled out the suit by both Lizard and Spidey) having a 'meeting' with Fisk about the damage he caused.

Neo2000
Start a weekly Versus comicstrip with 5 different interesting fights.

Example:
"In this issue... Captain America vs Spiderman. Hulk vs Thing. Daredevil vs Elektra. Cyclops vs Wolverine. Thanos vs Apocalypse"

and sowink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.