Spiderman: Friend or Foe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
This looks so awesome! Looks like another Spiderman game is being made and its going to be released later in the fall. Also, I think its kind of cartoony legos look is trying to bring Something new.

Go here

The main bad guy look familier? Ya, thats right. Their re-doing the first Spiderman game. GREEN GOBLIN RETURNS!!!

steverules
It does look lego like...but I don't see the point in rereleasing the spider-man game, thats kinda what this is

Micheal_Myers
Spiderman almost looks real while GG looks...well....like he is from the PS1.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Spiderman almost looks real while GG looks...well....like he is from the PS1.

Maybe they made the Graphics like that so they could get a good version for the Wii and others that are non-PS3/360/PC. I just hope Vicarious Vissions isn't involved. mad

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Maybe they made the Graphics like that so they could get a good version for the Wii and others that are non-PS3/360/PC. I just hope Vicarious Vissions isn't involved. mad
Ohhhh crap....

This isn't a re make of the first game. You've all played Matric Path of Neo right? Know how it told the whole trilogy? Guess what this game is doing...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/786/786256p1.html

Its a remake of ALL the movies! Green Goblin, Doc Ock, New Goblin, Venom and Sandman RETURN!!!!

Arachnid1
http://www.psu.com/images/game/10683

There are screen shots.

Spiderman_RJ
couldnt care less, activision sucks! the craped sm games........BIG F to them

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
couldnt care less, activision sucks! the craped sm games........BIG F to them

You didn't like the Spiderman 1 ans Spiderman 2 game?

no expression

Spiderman_RJ
1 was really good,with the restriction to being inside only the outside really lacked ,sm2 i only got to play the pc version,and we all know what the huge pile of ******* that was.
ultimate spiderman,great concept,nice spider jokes,stupid gamplay.
sm3 pretty graphics and boredom,just a usm game with steroids,i mean even usm had better gang members than this ridiculous version who came up with those? they look what batman would face,not spiderman!
the thugs from sm2 for ps2 were better.

i hope if they do a comic based spiderman,they take all the time they need,cos its obivous sm2,usm and sm3 were rushed products.

Arachnid1
1 was really good,with the restriction to being inside only the outside really lacked ,sm2 i only got to play the pc version,and we all know what the huge pile of ******* that was.
ultimate spiderman,great concept,nice spider jokes,stupid gamplay.
sm3 pretty graphics and boredom,just a usm game with steroids,i mean even usm had better gang members than this ridiculous version who came up with those? they look what batman would face,not spiderman!
the thugs from sm2 for ps2 were better.

i hope if they do a comic based spiderman,they take all the time they need,cos its obivous sm2,usm and sm3 were rushed products.

You didn't have to explain yourself or anything. I was just Suprised because that was the first time I heard someone say that. stick out tongue

But ya, PC version sucked. The original Spiderman 2 game I think is the best out of the three. Here is a vid.

EJq9oBkQftU

Speaking of SM1, I haven't played that in forever. I think I'm going to play it later.

Menetnashté
Why does spider-man look so well done and the green goblin look like he's one of the polygon enemies from super smash brothers...

Arachnid1

Spiderman_RJ
they wouldnt show a unfinished version like that,and spiderman is kinda cartoony yoo,big head,big hands...its just that he was overmodeled.they should tone him down a bit.

Sam Z
You didn't have to explain yourself or anything. I was just Suprised because that was the first time I heard someone say that. stick out tongue

But ya, PC version sucked. The original Spiderman 2 game I think is the best out of the three. Here is a vid.

EJq9oBkQftU

Speaking of SM1, I haven't played that in forever. I think I'm going to play it later.

Best Spider-man game ever! If you haven't played it, you haven't seen Spider-man games.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Sam Z
Best Spider-man game ever! If you haven't played it, you haven't seen Spider-man games. I'm sorry but spider-man for the ps1 is the best.
I'm guessing they are either modeling it after some kind of legos thing or thats an unfinished version of Green Goblin.
If it was legos, spiderman would have a different body, I'm guessing it's just a more cartoony type game

the_satan32
These probably weren't the actual in-game models, just something to show us until they develop them.

Micheal_Myers
SM for ps1 was definately the best, Maximum Carnage also rules the world of Spiderman games.

Arachnid1
Hey guys. Read this! Strait out of wiki....

I was so freakin happy when I saw that! Spiderman and Green Goblin vs Doc Ock FWT!!!!

They are finally making a spiderman 3 game thats multiplayer AND you get to have side kicks. Anyone is your side kick as soon as you beat them not to mention their are other characters in the marvel universe coming. Spiderman and New Goblin vs Wolverine FTW!!!big grin

Only problem is, this is probably no longer going to be a free roaming game.sad

freezedoom
I used to love Spiderman, but now I'm more a
She-Venom fan.

Yoshi Fanatic
Hey guys. Read this! Strait out of wiki....

I was so freakin happy when I saw that! Spiderman and Green Goblin vs Doc Ock FWT!!!!

They are finally making a spiderman 3 game thats multiplayer AND you get to have side kicks. Anyone is your side kick as soon as you beat them not to mention their are other characters in the marvel universe coming. Spiderman and New Goblin vs Wolverine FTW!!!big grin

Only problem is, this is probably no longer going to be a free roaming game.sad

Wow! I heard about that game but I never really saw screenshots of it until a couple of days ago. That game ought to be hot. The fact that you can fight against the villains and then become allies with them is so cool. I can tell you right now that the character that I will be using the most will be Venom since he is the best there is.

Arctic

EJq9oBkQftU

Man you just reminded me how fun that game is. I could just jump from building to building and swing around forever lol. I think I'll play that later.

Arachnid1
Hey everyone. There is a new trailer and interview for this game. Hold on. I'll post it soon.

Arachnid1
8Cp8csH-8ko

btTdfb06w_o

Yoshi Fanatic
Cool

Menetnashté
Looks awesome from the actual video graphics but the in game graphics look blocky and unattractive. If this had been more teen oriented they wouldn't have made it look like, because it's kid oriented they get to save money. I'll still pick it up because I want to play as Sandman and Doc Ock among others. Already got to play as Venom in Ultimate alliance so it won't be as grand. They did a good job on the characters looks as far as cutscenes and such go. Venom looks and sounds better than I've heard him in awhile. Spidey seems to be a smartallic in this game to which is nice.

Spiderman_RJ
what? your previous games werent kids oriented?
THEN WHY THE HELL WERE THEY SO RETARDED BI4TCH!?
team up with villain, what ashit ass idea! RETARDED GAME!!
wasting money on another crap spiderman game, maybe i should start calling them man spider just for the kicks..........nah,.

Yoshi Fanatic
Dude, it isn't that serious...

Menetnashté
what? your previous games werent kids oriented?
THEN WHY THE HELL WERE THEY SO RETARDED BI4TCH!?
team up with villain, what ashit ass idea! RETARDED GAME!!
wasting money on another crap spiderman game, maybe i should start calling them man spider just for the kicks..........nah,.
way to fully analyze the game there.

Spiderman_RJ
aw.you liked them, did i hurt your feelings?

Menetnashté
aw.you liked them, did i hurt your feelings?
actually I was more just saying it seems like you judged to soon I don't think the game has even come out yet has it? But even if it has, a little maturity on the matter would be appreciated. erm

Arachnid1
Heres a newer trailer.

gwq98vXdHN4

This trailer is even better. Looks like Rhino and Scorpion are also playable. Sandman looks amazing.

Venomous Yoshi
I plan on getting this game. I'm looking forward to playing as Venom. In almost every game Venom's in, he has a strong and interesting set of moves. Since this is a co-op game, that would mean that he'll have tag team moves with his teammates. I can't wait...

Arachnid1
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/205/939519_20070725_screen001.jpg

Sweet pic!! Ocks fusion reactor is in the backround.

Also, heres a pic from the Venom boss fight.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/192/939520_20070712_screen012.jpg

Also everyone, heres the demo. It shows the Doc Ock boss fight too.

CaSqt0FX34s

Arachnid1
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1789/1189733112.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1789/1189733113.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1789/1189733111.jpg
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/65708/SpiderMan-Friend-or-Foe/

Arachnid1
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/65706/SpiderMan-Friend-or-Foe/
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1789/1189733079.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1789/1189436762.jpg

Arachnid1
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1789/1189436763.jpg

Darkhalen
VENOM IS THE BEST CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME AS HIM AND BY MY SIDE

Darkhalen
Activision at last make a good spiderman game with my 2 favorite villains in it Mysterio and of course Venom

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Darkhalen
Activision at last make a good spiderman game with my 2 favorite villains in it Mysterio and of course Venom
I hope we can play mysterio.

Kentai
you must be kidding. mysterio? i think i ate a bowl of mysterios for breakfast. honestly, the idiot with the fishbowl. spidy laid him flat with one punch in that one store. and he saved lady liberty from him, and got through that stupid "funhouse of doom". really, mysterio is more of a nuisance enemy than ock or venom.

Kentai
im refering to the spiderman 2 game mysterio.

but really, he sucks

F_doomed
Originally posted by freezedoom
I used to love Spiderman, but now I'm more a
She-Venom fan.

YES WE CONVERTED ANOTHER ONE!

Kentai
what?..............

..............................whats goin on?, why did doom say that? is there some sort a clan or group or somethi-*is lit on fire* ohmygodimonfire.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kentai
im refering to the spiderman 2 game mysterio.

but really, he sucks
I liked him, but I liked comic him sooooooo much better. Comic him is the one in the game I think. Thats why I want to play him. If its the SM2 version, I wouldn't waste my time even attempting to play him.

Venomous Yoshi
How many characters can you have per team?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
How many characters can you have per team?
2. Spidey and a sidekick. I hate calling them side kicks when they are all on the same if not strong than spiderman. Seriously. Producers should have named them partners or something.

Venomous Yoshi
Only two? I thought we could have a team of at least three people. It would have been better...

Kentai
yeah

Arachnid1
http://comics.ign.com/articles/822/822936p2.html

Heres a boss fight trailer along with a few character bios with names of they're moves.

Characters in the game:
Spiderman
Black
Suit Spidey
Venom
Green Goblin
New Goblin
Sandman
Ock
Lizard (Haha... he looks like something out of a Ty the tasmanian tiger game)
Rhino
Scorpion
Black Cat
Silver Sable
Prowler
Blade
Fury (or so I heard)

PSP Exclusive:
Carnage
Electro

They are all playable.

Also, looks like the Goblins got no gliders. Green Goblins glider was destroyed in his fight with spidey. Don't know about Harry.

Also, the boss fights are cool.
Venom in the church witht he bell.
Goblin on top of oscorp
Ock with his fusion reactor
Sandman in front of a egyptian temple
Rhino in a roman castle kind of place with columns
Scorpion in some ritual place

I'm looking forward to it.

Venomous Yoshi
I'm getting this game only because Venom is a playable character.

Menetnashté
I'm getting this game only because Venom is a playable character.
I've got marvel Ultimate alliance gold, ha, Venom's actually badass in it.

Darkhalen
for venom and mysterio only will i get this game

Kentai
mysterio sucks. beside, there are other ppl cooler and better than him to play. like black suit spidey and venom.

Arachnid1
mysterio sucks. beside, there are other ppl cooler and better than him to play. like black suit spidey and venom.

Actually, mysterio would be kinda cool to play as what with the illusion making and all.

Kentai
hmm, make the phantoms jump off the building for some illusionic reason.

Darkhalen
mysterio, venom, symbiote spiderman cool i like symbiote spidy and venom and mysterio are my two favorite villains

Kentai
yeah, we sorta know that.

Darkhalen
yes i go on about it alot but so does VY

Kentai
he does?

Ozone
I'm getting this game to play as Venom and the Rhino.

That's all.

Arachnid1
New trailer guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsjoVL97qyw

I am Mysterio!
Is that a fish bowl on your head?

big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
Meh.. played the demo. I wasn't impressed with the lack of combo's your side kick has, and the graphics and game mechanics kinda suck.

Darkhalen
Mysterio + Venom = GREAT

Ozone
Venom = GREAT

thumbsup

Darkhalen
Why thank you Ozone

Kentai
heh. mysterio (a.k.a. fishbowl dude) is probly the main villain of the game, and all the "phantoms" are probly holograms, or something like that, with the game ending like everybody realizing that, then going back to fighting each other.

Venomous Yoshi
Even if that is true, which I definately hope not, I would still play this game.

Since Venom's in it, the game is worth my time.

Kentai
the "is that a fishbowl?" thing is still funny

Arachnid1
For all who care, this game is out.

Kentai
i dont get it

Arachnid1
i dont get it

no expression

Dude. Whats to get? The game has been released.

Venomous Yoshi
I might get this game for Christmas.

I'm willing to wait that long in order to play as Venom.

Ozone
Me, too.

Darkhalen
me three

Kentai
no expression

Dude. Whats to get? The game has been released.

oooooh, i thought you ment this game was out in the this game is bad way

Ozone
I'm disappointed in the fact that they made the Rhino fat in this game.

The Rhino is suppose to be muscular. He isn't suppose to look fat at all.

Kentai
umm, thats all of his muscle, doofus. seriously, why make the rhino all strong, but then have him fat.

Ozone
In all of the cartoons and comics books that I've seen, the Rhino looks like a bodybuilder. In this game, he looks fat.

Did you just call me a "doofus"? I hope you plan on taking that back before something bad happens to you...

Kentai
ok, i take it back! but seriously, thats all of his muscle. hes a classic "really really strong guy, but extremely dumb"

Ozone
I know that he's a "super strong, but dumb" guy.

It's just that he usually has a chiseled body.

Kentai
*sigh* that is a muscular body, ok?

Ozone
Not it isn't. He looks more like a fat guy than a muscular guy.

Moving on...

I'm getting this game for Chirstmas, or my birthday. I bet it's going to be a great game.

Kentai
muscular body! those are his huge muscles, ok?!!?

Venomous Yoshi
no expression Kentai, it isn't that serious.

Kentai
ok, ok. but really, thats muscle

Venomous Yoshi
Let it go, Kentai, and get back on topic.

Kentai
ok, ok, ok. *sigh* does anyone know what part of the game where you get the sym on spidy?

Venomous Yoshi
I wouldn't care.

Kentai
i sorta would, because i love brock and all, but the v-sym looks good on spidy. and besides, i think you cant make your party venom and scorpion, or stuuf like that. what i mean is that maybe you always have to have spidy with you

Darkhalen
IF BROCK DIES I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER FORGIVE MARVEL AND WILL DEFECT TO DC FOREVER

Well that is a bit harsh but still I won't be the same with them

Venomous Yoshi
besides, i think you cant make your party venom and scorpion, or stuuf like that. what i mean is that maybe you always have to have spidy with you

Didn't you pay attention to the videos?

Kentai
yes.

Venomous Yoshi
Then you should know for sure.

Kentai
ok, then.

Venomous Yoshi
When do you all plan on getting this game?

I plan on getting this for either my birthday or Christmas.

Kentai
eh, birthday

Darkhalen
Christmas

Kentai
eh, my birthday is dec. 14, just 4 days before my moms birthday. wierd?

Ozone
Not really.

Kentai
well i know a guy at my school who was born on either easter or christmas.

Ozone
I'm sure that there are several people in this country who were born on Christmas or Easter.

Kentai
eh, its still kinda cool/wierd for me

Arachnid1
When do you all plan on getting this game?

I plan on getting this for either my birthday or Christmas.
I plan on getting in as soon as I get enough money.

Kentai
...maybe ask santa

Ozone
...maybe ask santa

no expression Don't tell me you believe in Santa Clause.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Ozone
no expression Don't tell me you believe in Santa Clause.

Dude. I'm pretty sure he was kidding. no expression

Venomous Yoshi
Don't forget that this is Kentai that we're talking about.

Darkhalen
yeah true

Arachnid1
Wow. Doesn't anybody respect Kentai?

Venomous Yoshi
whistling

Darkhalen
i do I'm just joking a don't know about the others

Kentai
hey, santa is real. how else did i hear the foot steps in the middle of the night, and see the faint red light in the sky out of the window? oh, and would parents buy themselves gifts then put on the tag: from santa? no.

besides, how else are the cookies always eaten?

Darkhalen
Does Santa come to the void

Kentai
eh, sometimes

Darkhalen
If I capture him I could escape the void and plot my vengeance what a great Christmas for me

Kentai
what? and be killed by my ninja army (its always nice to have a backup) ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja

Darkhalen
I doubt it my soliders are more experienced and deadly then yours now back to topic

Venomous Yoshi
Does this game have a main villain?

Arachnid1
Does this game have a main villain?

Mysterio.

Arachnid1
Venom gets PWNed the **** out of. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
This is the Venom boss trailer.

Epml2qUQlPw

eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing

Arachnid1
Sandman gets PWNed the **** out of. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
This is the Sandman boss trailer.

bYQ6T3QOJYc

eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing eek! laughing out loud laughing

Kentai
heheh, sandman getting a wedgie

Arachnid1
heheh, sandman getting a wedgie
And Venom getting a nuggy. eek!

Ozone
It's better to get a noggie than a wedgie.

Darkhalen
who's the Daddy Why Venom is not you

Arachnid1
It's better to get a noggie than a wedgie.

Ya, but the were both funny.

Whos you daddy?
Arh! You are! *roar*

What do you fight for?
Truth!
And?
JUSTICE!

Lozez. laughing out loud

Kentai
hahahah

Ozone
no expression It wasn't that funny.

Arachnid1
no expression It wasn't that funny.

To you.

Ozone
Anyway, I wish that Spiderman could have two partners fighting with him at the same time instead of just one.

I would have liked that.

Arachnid1
Anyway, I wish that Spiderman could have two partners fighting with him at the same time instead of just one.

I would have liked that.
It would have been better. A lot better actually.

Venomous Yoshi

I would have liked that.
Yeah, it would have much better than just having one partner.

Darkhalen
yeah that would have been better

Kentai
totally.

Venomous Yoshi
I'll just play as Venom throughout the whole game.

I don't care that much about the rest of Spiderman's partners.

Darkhalen

With you 100% there

Kentai
With you 100% there

Darkhalen
i am

Kentai
thats what we both said just right there.

Ozone

That's goes for me, too.

The only other partner that I might play with would be the Rhino.

Regardless, I'll play as Venom the majority of the game.

Darkhalen
me too

Kentai
you already said that.

Darkhalen
oh well

Ozone
you already said that.

He can say it as much as he wants as long as it's related to the topic.

Darkhalen
I can

Venomous Yoshi
Have any of you guys played this game yet?

Darkhalen
YES

Menetnashté
Have any of you guys played this game yet?
Nope. Only thing I've seen it for was the wii and I've been busy watching Transformers and playing halo 3. This game doesn't peak my interest that much. I'll probably play it later for like Sandman and GG. Don't care much about Venom in this game, if he's like Spider-man I don't want to play as a spiderman and a bulked up spiderman

Venomous Yoshi
I'm pretty sure that Venom would have a different and interesting set of moves from Spiderman.

Darkhalen
Venom is more then that

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>