Darth Maul vs The Exile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Null ARC Avis
This is a lightsided jedi exile. Lets call her a weapons master (mistress?), vs Darth Maul. who wins?

Null ARC Avis
If you vote, give a reason please. I belive the Exile will take this. she was a powerful Jedi, and fought through many battles. She was a general in the Mandalorian wars, which killed many jedi. she also fought through many battles on the search for the lost jedi. She defeated Sion 4 times, Nihilus, and Traya, who was increadibly powerful in the forcce. she also fought through many powerful storm beasts and sith on Malachor V.

Maul has done impressive things, but i believe the Exile has this one.

kamikz
In a saber duel, I'm pretty damn sure Maul will win. In the force, I bet she might score a victory, but we don't have THAT much to go on. But since Maul is fast, and a very resistant guy to damage of all sorts, it'll probably come down to a saber duel, which Maul will most likely win.

That's my opinion.

vader11
I think the Exile is better.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by kamikz
In a saber duel, I'm pretty damn sure Maul will win. In the force, I bet she might score a victory, but we don't have THAT much to go on. But since Maul is fast, and a very resistant guy to damage of all sorts, it'll probably come down to a saber duel, which Maul will most likely win.

That's my opinion.

Agreed. Maul is a better duelist. The Exile has enough of an advantage in a force fight to win in an exclusively force powers duel. In an all out match, though, Maul's resiliency and speed would be enough to hold off force attacks from completely debilitating him so that he could get into melee and take the win.

Count Makashi
I think Maul wins, Maul is a better lightsaber dualist that anyone Exile has defeated in KOTOR2 and i don't think her Force powers can bring her victory, so the fight would have to go to melee, where Maul would defeat her.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Maul has the advantage of keeping her at bay with his Sith Saber and martial art prowess. Maul should easily beat her.

exanda kane
Are there any canonical facts regarding Exiles duelling prowless?

I was just led by playing the game to believe that you effectively customise your Exile as much as you want? Spend all your attribute points in strength and dexterity, upgrade the saber, and you could cut down Traya or Sion etc with one or two hits? Of course, it's a game, not the most reliable source for canon information...

vader11
Maul has 3 votes and Exile has 11 votes?

A Dose Of Vraya
Maul does have the physical advantage, but if the exile has completed the game and is lightside, that means she has force enlightenment which would put her at least equal with maul's lightsaber skills, so I say that she stays back and wears him down with the force, then when shes running low she can put on the power and get him.

Darth_Glentract
Well, I belive it's canon that the Exile defeated Traya. If infact it is, the he or she wins. Traya was a freakin beast.

jollyjim311
She was a one-handed old woman. She has no saber skills to speak of.

Riverollv
Maul takes this easily. The Exile hasn't proved to be anything special in saber combat.

Sion - She only broke his will, and Sion hasn't proved anything with the lightsaber yet.

Nihilus - He was weakened when he fought the Exile, he wasn't at his full powers, since she being a wound in the Force affects him.

Traya - As Jolly said, she's a one-handed ol' woman, no saber skill to speak of.

Besides, Maul is on of the deadliest Sith apprentices of all times. I don't think the Exile's Force powers (which aren't that great) are enough to help defeat Maul.

Gideon
Traya may not be a beast when it comes to lightsaber combat, but she certainly is a very powerful Force user.

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Gideon
Traya may not be a beast when it comes to lightsaber combat, but she certainly is a very powerful Force user.

Being cryptic doesn't mean you're powerful. Her only feat is killing those three Jedi Masters, which, for all we know (seeing as how she sat down beforehand and refused to enter) required preparation to do.

And anyone can lift three lightsabers.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Are you serious?

She force pushed three powerful Jedi Masters at once, Vrook twice who was noted as being on of the most powerful Jedi Masters in the galaxy.

She can cloak her presence in the force to the point that she can literally stand right in front of Jedi Masters faces and have them not even notice her.

She is able to own Dark Side Exile (who's probably stronger then LS Exile) in the force toward the end of the game on Dantooine

She studied on Malachor for years and subsequently was the Keeper of the Jedi Archives and she's said she delved into Jedi and Sith knowledge

She has healing abilities that have only been mimicked by Cade Skywalker, who as Luke Skywalker said "he'd never seen before."

She can dig through beings minds with ease and even toy around with people who are specifically trained (Atton) to resist Jedi mind tricks.

Aside from you blatant misinterpretation of the scene in the Academy she needs zero prep time to perform the drain as she does it again to the 10 Sith Assassins who surround her on Malachor.

She continually makes Mical forget about her being a Sith and such.

Mical didn't even know she was on board the ship.

And I'm sure anyone can "lift" three lightsabers, but to have them perform seemingly independent of each other attacking in sporadic random patterns...no.

But yeah she's never done anything

jollyjim311
You're right, I was blatantly underestimating her. She does seem to be over-glorified from time to time on these forums, though.

Borbarad

jollyjim311
Nai has some very good points. (Don't worry, I wouldn't waste a post to point out the obvious).

Just two quick things: Maul could have destroyed the Black Sun, but he didn't thanks to Sidious' orders, I just wanted to clear that up.

The Exile's only praise with a lightsaber is her versatility. Maul crushed Anoon Bondara, who's adaptness was praised, and was also overall one of the best lightsaber fighters, with the most technical skill at the time.

kamhal
This is too unconclusive. While we have records from other Kotor character's feats, the jedi exile has not much information. Also, if i am not wrong, Vandar described her to Vrook as an "average force user", so if she was powerful was due to all the other force users around her. She used their power to power herself up it seems.

So, since i don't believe a "average force user" can beat Maul and since this is a alone fight (she will not have other force users to drain in), i give it to him.

xxXAcStylesXxx
What the hell was the point of that post Nai? Obviously you missed the point:

My post was refuting that incorrect assertion with things she's done. I didn't go:

"OMG KREIA IS TEH BESTEST EVAR SHE PWNS ERABODY!!111!!!BBQ!11!1LOL loook at all teh powas n fets she did!! NO ONE comapers!!!11"

You trying to refute that my post has no relevance to what the point was. You do this alot, barge in not knowing what the f*ck your talking about. Anyways on topic, I agree Maul would whoop on her in lightsaber combat.

Other then that comment was said about her when she was a PADAWAN, unlike in the context of this debate in which she's a full blown Jedi Weapon Master, with multiple comments from characters refuting the one from Vandar and Vrook.

ThoraxeRMG
Jedi Exile wins

Gideon
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Jedi Exile wins

Jesus. I can tell already you're the first of a new series of KotoR fanboyism sprees.

ThoraxeRMG
Jesus. I can tell already you're the first of a new series of KotoR fanboyism sprees.

No, I joined this site a while back, but my time kinda ceased here.
And I just typed one of them, my feelings on Maul and The Jedi Exile are neutral at best.

EDIT: If I was a KotoR fanboy, I would either be having a Revan or Jedi Exile sig.

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Darth Maul wins

Is that better for you now?
Again, I do not care for the Jedi Exile anymore than I do with Darth Maul.

Gideon
Sure...

...Anyways, Darth Maul has shown himself to be so much more proficient with a lightsaber than the Exile that it's not particularly funny. A Force contest is debateable, but Maul was said to be "far more knowledgeable" than a powerful nightsister - and, of course, he was trained by the most powerful Sith Lord in history. So, Maul owns her.

ThoraxeRMG
Sure...

I hope to god, that wasn't sarcasm, because calling me a KotoR fanboy is like a punch to the face to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.