Squall Leonhart and Cloud Strife vs. Ryu Hayabusa and Hayate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xenogears
Who wins this bout, Team Ninja or Team FF? This is a movie-based battle. In other words, the FF characters fight as they would in a CG movie. The same applies to the ninja's, except the games they're featured in have more realistic fighting mechanics, so they can be used in both. Glitches are not allowed. Ryu/Hayate have projectile weapons. Ryu's elemental Ninpo is disabled; Cloud and Squall's magic abilities are disabled. Ultimate attacks are enabled.

Emperor Ashtar
Devil Incarnate Ryu kills them all

Xenogears
TDS/DDB is irrelevant in this match.

StyleTime
Eh heh. I believe Emperor Ashtar said that in jest Xenogears.

Well uh, everyone knows what I'll say here. It involves a certain ****ing someone.

King Nothing
Good fight. I lean towards Cloud and Squall. Hayate sorta brings Ryu down, IMO.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by King Nothing
Good fight. I lean towards Cloud and Squall. Hayate sorta brings Ryu down, IMO.

Don't know. Hayate may be a pussy when it comes to fighting h2h, but he displayed nice skills with his Katana in his DOA4 ending. He might be a decent matchup for Squall.

I'd say this is pretty much dead even. Cloud & Ryu might stalemate, and Hayate & Squall might stalemate as well. And even if Hayate's sword skills are not up to par, team Ninja will still have the better team work.

King Nothing
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Don't know. Hayate may be a pussy when it comes to fighting h2h, but he displayed nice skills with his Katana in his DOA4 ending. He might be a decent matchup for Squall.

I'd say this is pretty much dead even. Cloud & Ryu might stalemate, and Hayate & Squall might stalemate as well. And even if Hayate's sword skills are not up to par, team Ninja will still have the better team work. Yeah, when I thought of Hayate, I was thinking more in game. He did prove his skills so he may not hold Ryu back after all.

Although, I would give Ryu the SLIGHT edge over Cloud, if Cloud can't use his magic and meteria or items. If this is just a straight up sword fight I think Ryu would win. I would still lean towards Squall against Hayate though. Squall is better then Cloud, IMO, even though I like Cloud WAAAAAAYYY more.

StyleTime
Truthfully, I think Team Ninja takes this like 8/10.

Ryu always seemed more dangerous to me in melee combat than Cloud or Squall. Hayate can hold his own until Ryu can help. Then someone from the Final Fantasy side is going to get double teamed.

With their teamwork, Hayate and Hayabusa should be fine. Unless ****ing Hayate screws it up.

King Nothing
Idk, Squall is pretty tough. 1 Lion Heart could be the end of anyone who gets hit by it. That move is extreme.

Xenogears
Extinction Slash, anyone?

Superboy Prime
The Storm of the Heavenly Dragon for the win.

Ryu Hayabusa's ultimates moves are comparable to Cloud & Squall's limit breaks.

So yeah...I don't think this battle will be decided by limit breaks.

StyleTime
Right. It will be decided by whether Hayate decides to screw up or get serious. He's the the determining factor in this fight. If he keeps his head in the game, the ninja take it.

judgement hand
ninjas are the cheapes thing in DOA so they win

~ the not-so-ninja-loving hand of judgement

StyleTime
Cheapest? You forgot about DOA2 Tengu.

Xenogears
TENGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/69/Doa_tengu.gif

MadMel
i remember him...damn i loved going right to the edge and doing that throw where he flies up and slams the other person down 6 or so stories stick out tongue

Xenogears
Yeah, he goes yop yop yop! and slams you.

EDIT: Or how 'bout the high kick that has really fast execution? When he does it he says "seee!!"

StyleTime
Originally posted by Xenogears
TENGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/69/Doa_tengu.gif
haahahahhaah

God, Tengu was so lame lmao. It sucked getting beat by people who were like.....average with him because of his stupid, overprioritized diagonal up kick. I mean he had the single best move in the game. That throw also does waaaaaay too much damage whether it was a normal,counter, or high counter throw. I think it even did more than izuna drop.

He was the ONLY character banned from official gameplay in Dead or Alive History.

Xenogears
Originally posted by StyleTime
haahahahhaah

God, Tengu was so lame lmao. It sucked getting beat by people who were like.....average with him because of his stupid, overprioritized diagonal up kick. I mean he had the single best move in the game. That throw also does waaaaaay too much damage whether it was a normal,counter, or high counter throw. I think it even did more than izuna drop.

He was the ONLY character banned from official gameplay in Dead or Alive History. Yeah, I hate that high kick he does. You can keep doing the move really quickly after doing it the first time.

"seee! seee! seee! seee! seee! seee! seee!"

Ahaha

I also hate that move he does where he flies around and then hits you when you're on the ground.

And the move he does where he charges at you after doing a back flip.

"Whaaaaa! Whoaaa!"

Violent2Dope
Tengu is gay but not as much as Moloch from MK that gay kick to the jaw he does takes away almost 1/4 of your friggin health.

Xenogears
Team FF wins 313

StyleTime
Originally posted by Xenogears

Man, that smiley cracks me up for some reason.

Xenogears
Originally posted by StyleTime
Man, that smiley cracks me up for some reason. 131

Bruce Leeroy
Hayabusa and Hayate win. Emo Cloud is the liability here, being too busy worrying about the Gel in his hair to fight effectivly. The Ninja'sgang up on Sephy FTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.