Blacksite: Area 51

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burnt Pancakes
I downloaded the demo off X-Box live Marketplace and was really impressed. The graphics are superb, and the mood, controls, and action were also really good. The game's slated to come out this summer.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/879/879346.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/849/849458.html

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/759/759053p2.html

K73SK
i'm downloading it as of now stick out tongue

Burnt Pancakes
The demo is super short, like five minutes long. But it's fun. I'll be getting this when it comes out.

K73SK
only 5 minutes for 500 something MB?? O.o seems odd...

Burnt Pancakes
Yeah...

I've gone crazy with these demos quite recently, though. I've downloaded liek 5 different ones in the last 4 hours.

K73SK
5 diff demos of what stick out tongue thought there's only 1 for area 51

Smasandian
Is this demo an region exclusive?

I didnt mind the first one. Wasnt great at all, but it was fun, but ****ing tough near the end of the game.

Excellent first couple of levels though....where you go through the complex and get attacked all the time.

Burnt Pancakes
Originally posted by K73SK
5 diff demos of what stick out tongue thought there's only 1 for area 51

Well, I already beat the Blacksite demo, and the 99 Nights demo. I'm playing Midway: Battlestations demo on multiplayer, and then I have a few more...

Estacado
This game looks exciting.

DanZeke25
Yeah I thought it looked awesome too. Too bad I'm waiting for my 360 to get repiard so I can't play the demo. face-plain

Burnt Pancakes
Here's the trailor and demo walkthrough, btw.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/849/849458/vids_1.html

Estacado
Anyone one played the previous Area 51?
(I think it came out for ps2)

Burnt Pancakes
Yeah, I bought it, played it, beat it, loved it.

The beggining was the best part story wise, as your squad mates all died greusome deaths one by one, and you got to watch.

Estacado
Same here.
I think I'm gonna buy this one aswell just because the previous was awesome.

Smasandian
I liked the first one.

Straight up action movie.

This was, well, alright. Pretty cool graphics, seemed like an cool setting and the story seemed like it was pretty neat. Enemies looked pretty gool and the action was pretty decent. Definitly an rental, or if its an budget game, I would buy it.

One thing I didnt like was the idea of the squads. I dont mind fighting around with guys like the first one, but why do I have too control them. That's soo last year and it didnt seem that well implemented.

I rather just have them fighting with me.
I know....what made the last one redeemable was that it was an straight up action game...and those are getting rare nowadays.

K73SK
demo = too short, need more to be impressed...graphics & physics are AMAZING though

Smasandian
I like it as a demo.

Short, shows what the game is about, shows how the game plays, shows the graphics and some of the scenes are pretty cool.

Makes me want to play it.

I like big demo's too, but sometimes short demo were more effectively.

Rewmac
Looks awesome, I got the demo but haven't played it yet. Coz now it's Formula 1 so I gotta watch it. I hope it won't cost much since I only want to have fun a little. I also think the Area 51's multiplayer sucked so let's hope they've done some better job on this one's multi.

K73SK
demo's = 0 M$ points

Burnt Pancakes
Originally posted by Smasandian
Definitly an rental, or if its an budget game, I would buy it.

One thing I didnt like was the idea of the squads. I dont mind fighting around with guys like the first one, but why do I have too control them. That's soo last year and it didnt seem that well implemented.

I rather just have them fighting with me.
I know....what made the last one redeemable was that it was an straight up action game...and those are getting rare nowadays.

Well, I think they made it so that you don't have to keep too tight a leash on them. They will follow you, and fight for you no matter what you tell them to do, I think the only time you need to control them is if you ned to open a locked door, or you want to kill one particular enemy.

General G
Originally posted by Rewmac
Looks awesome, I got the demo but haven't played it yet. Coz now it's Formula 1 so I gotta watch it. I hope it won't cost much since I only want to have fun a little. I also think the Area 51's multiplayer sucked so let's hope they've done some better job on this one's multi.

I am downloading the demo shortly. I watched that race, it was pretty good. w00t

Smasandian
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
Well, I think they made it so that you don't have to keep too tight a leash on them. They will follow you, and fight for you no matter what you tell them to do, I think the only time you need to control them is if you ned to open a locked door, or you want to kill one particular enemy.

I guess......seemed to me like Ghost Recon with aliens.

Does anybody know if this ties into the last Area 51?

Burnt Pancakes

Yeah, that what's it feels like to me, as well.

EDIT: Though if this is anything like the old Area-51, you won't have your buddies around for very long.

Estacado

Yes it does.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16616&type=mov&pl=game

Rewmac
Originally posted by General G
I am downloading the demo shortly. I watched that race, it was pretty good. w00t Hamilton will be a big name you'll see. He is a rookie and just watch his career go. He is already a better driver than my old fav. Kimi and Massa...

Smasandian
Originally posted by Estacado
Yes it does.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=16616&type=mov&pl=game

Nah man, its an spirtual succussor to the first one.

It doesnt actually tie into the first one at all.

Rewmac
Nah man, its an spirtual succussor to the first one.

It doesnt actually tie into the first one at all. Agreed on this. This has nothing to do with the first one.

General G
Originally posted by Rewmac
Hamilton will be a big name you'll see. He is a rookie and just watch his career go. He is already a better driver than my old fav. Kimi and Massa...

I know, the shocked face I had when he did his first race, I couldn't believe it! It's a shame Schumacher is gone though...

I thought the same thing, it did seem like Ghost Recon.

Rewmac
I hated that prick. Schumi...Jaaaaaaarrrrggghhhh...Man he had a good car and now that McLaren made some upgrades Ferrari isn't as strong as it was. With Schumi it was boring man, he either won or won a race. Booooring.

General G
Are you serious!? He was great, Alonso gave him great competition last year, he didn't do too well the year before though. Ferrari is still strong, it is just Raikkonen I think that isn't doing too well, he is good, but he messes up a lot.

Blax_Hydralisk
Eh.. the game is okay.. really last-gen in both graphics and gameplay it feels like, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.