The New Avengers Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marvelprince

capt it up
I like it a lot. I love the team. I have always wanted this team

To have spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Fist and doctor strange on one team is great. Luke cage also is fun to have on the team as well. Spiderwoman also surpizingly is one of my favorit characters female superheros. Also now hawlk eye on the team makes the team even greater

SpunkySmurph
Could have been done sooooo much better.

Darth Vicious
I like the chemistry between the characters. Spidey for a guy whos been down lately sure cracks a lot of jokes in the book. They need a powerhouse though.

King_Mungi
So Ronin is Hawkeye...meh! called it awhile ago.

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
So Ronin is Hawkeye...meh! called it awhile ago.

I want to know who the hell Cap is!

SpunkySmurph
Has it been confirmed that anyone will be Captain America?

Jebus reborn
Ha...
Wolverine got taken down by swords in 30.
So did Strange.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

I think someone said in an interview that Cap would live on.

TricksterPriest
Please not Punisher...........no That would spit on cap's legacy.

jasonk3
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Please not Punisher...........no That would spit on cap's legacy.

Even if he had a gun that shot mini vibranium shields?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by jasonk3
Even if he had a gun that shot mini vibranium shields?

Shit...... embarrasment That is cool. Ok, he can only be Captain America if the real cap, or someone worthy of succeeding cap, like Winter Soldier, beat his ass black and blue for wearing the uniform.

capt it up
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Ha...
So did Strange.
really..............were did it show wolverine down...............I don't recall him going down at all.............just saw him get stabbed alot.........not to mention it was pritty obvious that it likly did not take palce and it all had to do with a mental attack of some sort such as in marvel team up the battle with titanus.

jasonk3
Luke cage got stabbed too...

(I think)

Big Sexy
Ha...
So did Strange. I get the feeling that Strange's stabbing is an illusion.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by capt it up
really..............were did it show wolverine down...............I don't he call him going down at all.............just saw him get stabbed alot.........not to mention it pritty obvious that it likly none of that took place and it all had to do with a mental attack of some sort such as in marvel team up the battle with titanus. Well, at the end, it seemed as if the whole team was down, because that chick was just standing there, as if there was no fighting.
Just going by Wolverine getting stabbed so much.

Most likely, considering Luke Cage would have been dead.

capt it up
Well, at the end, it seemed as if the whole team was down, because that chick was just standing there, as if there was no fighting.
Just going by Wolverine getting stabbed so much.

Most likely, considering Luke Cage would have been dead.
I see

ya lol. Also I think it even show spiderman getting stabb or about to be stabbed.

lordboo
wolverine appeared to have about 10 sword stuck in him i think?

jasonk3
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/NewAvengers30-023-024.jpg

willRules
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

check out the preview pages on this link........

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/May07/previews/fallen_son_cap.html

Although Bruabaker hinted that it may be quite a while before anyone officially takes up the mantle yes

Doc Savage
New Avengers is nowhere near as bad as people say.

Fanboy
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I like the chemistry between the characters. Spidey for a guy whos been down lately sure cracks a lot of jokes in the book. They need a powerhouse though.

I guess you forgot that Dr. Strange was on the team.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Fanboy
I guess you forgot that Dr. Strange was on the team.

No, I didnt. I meant a powerhouse in terms of raw strength. I like Dr.Strange but I wanna see someone that can kick ass on his own, no magic. M.A has Ares, Ms.Marvel, Sentry. Maybe after WWH is over he'll join the team or at least someone like that.

Buckeroo Banzai
No, I didnt. I meant a powerhouse in terms of raw strength. I like Dr.Strange but I wanna see someone that can kick ass on his own, no magic. M.A has Ares, Ms.Marvel, Sentry. Maybe after WWH is over he'll join the team or at least someone like that.

Don't forget Simon Williams the man of Wonders.

Darth Vicious
I didnt forget about him but I dont think he is at the same level as Sentry, Ares or Ms.Marvel. He is just a mid-carter.

Buckeroo Banzai
I didnt forget about him but I dont think he is at the same level as Sentry, Ares or Ms.Marvel. He is just a mid-carter.

Who has beaten the Hulk (sort of) and Abomination. Simon has fought Hercules to a standstill and knocked out Thor.

Darth Vicious
Maybe but this time around he doesnt seem to be that much of a powerhouse. He is overshadowed by the other guys.

Priest
This maybe a dumb question..Dident Marvel stop the new avengers run at 30, and is contiuing with the Mighty Avengers?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Priest
This maybe a dumb question..Dident Marvel stop the new avengers run at 30, and is contiuing with the Mighty Avengers?

Nope; they're two different teams now.

Mighty are the Pro-Reg, while New are the rebel Anti-Reg.

Priest
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Nope; they're two different teams now.

Mighty are the Pro-Reg, while New are the rebel Anti-Reg.
Cool, cause the New Avengers rocked.

Darth Vicious
The thing Im liking about NA is that it seems to be on their way to answer some unresolved questions going all the way back to NA # 1.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Buckeroo Banzai
Who has beaten the Hulk (sort of) and Abomination. Simon has fought Hercules to a standstill and knocked out Thor. That was Pre-Crisis Wonderman.

Grimm22
The thing Im liking about NA is that it seems to be on their way to answer some unresolved questions going all the way back to NA # 1.

Thats pretty much the only reason i'm picking this book up

Oh and for Hawkeye big grin

But, I could still do without Cage's stupid rants about how he doesn't trust anyone erm

Soljer
Agreed.

Iron Fist? Spiderman? Wolverine? Doc Strange? Hawkeye? thumb up thumb up thumb up

Cage? Meh.

His Airness
Is this title any good? I was thinking about picking it up, but I don't wanna waste money on a shitty book. erm

Grimm22
It's OK

Besides the awful characterization of Dr. Strange and Wong, and Bendis's inability to write Spidey in a dark tone like he should be right now, its decent.

The art is incredible, but the story is just...well...meh.

Soljer
Originally posted by His Airness
Is this title any good? I was thinking about picking it up, but I don't wanna waste money on a shitty book. erm

Looking for a good combination of story and art?

Check out the Immortal Iron Fist.

SpunkySmurph
They've spent a good long time doing jack...

Hell, they stretched out maybe three different crappy ninja fights over about four issues...

xmarksthespot
Meh. ermm

marvelprince
Its an awesome book, I like the characterizations of everyone (except for Wong, can't recall him ever being quite as snotty as he's made out to be).

This books seems to be about answering some of the questions as the what's up with the current state of the MU and segues into the next big event so thats another reason for me to continue.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Grimm22
Thats pretty much the only reason i'm picking this book up

Oh and for Hawkeye big grin

But, I could still do without Cage's stupid rants about how he doesn't trust anyone erm

Same here. They could kill Cage right now and it wouldnt have no effect on me. I guess I tolerate him because of the other characters.

H. S. 6
The art's very "meh" in places. The writing's okay (as has been said, Bendis needs to leave Wong alone, Strange is severely depowered without explanation, and Spider-Man is cracking jokes when he clearly shouldn't be), but I'm a sucker for team books like this, so I pick it up.

willRules

I agree entirely, that's what's appealing to me at the moment as well. The whole business with SHIELD being considered rotten since issue 1. The foreboding image of Tony stark looking worried with the word SHIELD written behind him (that's in mighty avengers 1) I like the idea there might be a big mastermind behind the breakout, the problems with SHIELD and part of civil war as well yes

marvelprince
Originally posted by H. S. 6
The art's very "meh" in places. The writing's okay (as has been said, Bendis needs to leave Wong alone, Strange is severely depowered without explanation, and Spider-Man is cracking jokes when he clearly shouldn't be), but I'm a sucker for team books like this, so I pick it up.

Why shouldn't Spidey be cracking jokes?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by marvelprince
Why shouldn't Spidey be cracking jokes?

Have you read the recent Amazing?

(Unless of course, this is before Aunt May is shot.)

marvelprince
Actually I think its a while later. Aunt May is shot, then immediately after he dons the black costume and goes through the events in Amazing. The events of Amazing now all take place before the events in Daredevil which run concurrent with the events in New Avengers I believe. So that means Spider-Man would have had time to go through the events in his book now (tracking the killer, etc) and get the "resolutiuon" he needs to go back to the way he was.

marvelprince

CasanoVa
Meh, The Hood pwned, Do we know why he pwned?

Because BKV created and wrote him.

What do we know about when Bendis takes over things that BKV pwns at?

They become shit.

For example: Dr Strange.

Dr Strange : The Oath = Teh Pwnsorozors!!111!1!!

Dr Strange in NA.. no expression no

marvelprince
Eh, I like his Strange. Enough with invincible thing already. BKV had it right imo but I see nothing wrong with Bendis's DS.

I think Bendis's Hood will be great (definitely better than that Hood lite who was in Beyond!). The Hood is the kind of characters Bendis writes well imo. Just look at his Daredevil for how he handles those type of characters. Far from shit my friend

CasanoVa
Eh, I like his Strange. Enough with invincible thing already. BKV had it right imo but I see nothing wrong with Bendis's DS.

I think Bendis's Hood will be great (definitely better than that Hood lite who was in Beyond!). The Hood is the kind of characters Bendis writes well imo. Just look at his Daredevil for how he handles those type of characters. Far from shit my friend

I've read his Dardevil run, IMO it's not as great as some people make it out to be. I still reckon given a bit more time, Brubaker's run will over-take it. Bendis may have a niche for street level characters, but other than Daredevil he has rarely emulated that level of writing. Look at what he did to Hawkeye.

I don't think anybody could write anything better than BKV, he's probably the best comic writer around. Dan Slott either tied or second.

I don't like how 'The Hood' is being dragged from reluctant, anti-heroish into straight villain. I would have liked him to have stayed rather morally ambigous for a while, but I guess i'll have to wait and see.

marvelprince
Originally posted by CasanoVa
I've read his Dardevil run, IMO it's not as great as some people make it out to be. I still reckon given a bit more time, Brubaker's run will over-take it. Bendis may have a niche for street level characters, but other than Daredevil he has rarely emulated that level of writing. Look at what he did to Hawkeye.

Wow. Guess its about taste. After Miller of course I can't think of a DD writer I've enjoyed more. Brubaker's Daredevil is good an all but I'm not liking it more than Bendis's run.

What's so horribelbout what he did to Hawkeye? Kill him repeatedly? Still think he writes a great Clint.

I don't think anybody could write anything better than BKV, he's probably the best comic writer around. Dan Slott either tied or second.

BKV's cool to me. I love Slott though.

I don't like how 'The Hood' is being dragged from reluctant, anti-heroish into straight villain. I would have liked him to have stayed rather morally ambigous for a while, but I guess i'll have to wait and see.

I liked to think of him as the villian that I like to cheer for. I know even the mini made him more "heroic" at the end, but I agreed with the other villians in the book that he would make a serious bad guy with that mind of his.

I can't tel you how much I hated what they did with him in Beyond! though. That just wasn't right.

CasanoVa
Meh, Bendis' run on DD is definetly the best one, but I still think it moved quite a slow pace (as most of Bendis' books do). Given enough time, I reckon Brubaker's run could easily be much better, he's a much, much, much more talented writer IMO.

What was so horrible? "Not like this!! Not like this!!" Bendis Hawkeye = Atrocious. He shouldn't be allowed to touch him, at all.

Slott and BKV pretty much make me happy to read comic books, especially Slott since he's pretty much just a fanboy at heart. I like how both of them have a mastery of continuity, also how versatile they are (Slott writing humorous books like She Hulk and then gritty ones like Gotham Central, and BKV writing books about teenage superheroes like Runaways and then stuff like The Hood).

I can see what you mean about "The Hood" though, but I still can't see how he would go from doing petty crimes (compared to some of the villains in the MU) to being the new Kingpin. I would much rather see him being used by a better writer aswell, even though I think some of the stick Bendis gets is uncalled for.

What If...
I hate the art.

TricksterPriest
Ever since I started reading NA, I've had the idea that someone big was pulling the strings on SHIELD, Hydra, etc. And maybe they're responsible for CW as well.

Any thoughts on which criminal mastermind is responsible? My pick is the Red Skull. Superheroes fighting each other, worldwide organizations tearing themselves apart, fear and panic on the rise, and the Skull himself has just orchestrated the assasination of his biggest enemy, Captain America. Does anyone else see this whole thing as being his handiwork? shrug

LORDSIDIOUS01
Has Ronin been revealed yet?

capt it up
who gunna betray the new avenegers?

capt it up
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Has Ronin been revealed yet?
ya he hawlkeye

marvelprince
Meh, Bendis' run on DD is definetly the best one, but I still think it moved quite a slow pace (as most of Bendis' books do). Given enough time, I reckon Brubaker's run could easily be much better, he's a much, much, much more talented writer IMO.

We'll see. I've liked Ed's DD so far but nothing YET to make me think he's going to leave more of an impression than Bendis.

What was so horrible? "Not like this!! Not like this!!" Bendis Hawkeye = Atrocious. He shouldn't be allowed to touch him, at all.

I like his take on Clint, though his constant killing him off seems to indicate that he's not too fond of the character.

Slott and BKV pretty much make me happy to read comic books, especially Slott since he's pretty much just a fanboy at heart. I like how both of them have a mastery of continuity, also how versatile they are (Slott writing humorous books like She Hulk and then gritty ones like Gotham Central, and BKV writing books about teenage superheroes like Runaways and then stuff like The Hood).

Honestly I had no idea that the same person behind GLA Misassembled was behind the Arkham mini. Slott is the man.

I can see what you mean about "The Hood" though, but I still can't see how he would go from doing petty crimes (compared to some of the villains in the MU) to being the new Kingpin. I would much rather see him being used by a better writer aswell, even though I think some of the stick Bendis gets is uncalled for.

He does hint toward bigger things at the end of his mini. Honestly his new direction was hinted at from then. He wants to be a super villian, but has a brain for organized crime. Shocker was pretty freakin impressed with him. Natural progression imo.

marvelprince
Ever since I started reading NA, I've had the idea that someone big was pulling the strings on SHIELD, Hydra, etc. And maybe they're responsible for CW as well.

Any thoughts on which criminal mastermind is responsible? My pick is the Red Skull. Superheroes fighting each other, worldwide organizations tearing themselves apart, fear and panic on the rise, and the Skull himself has just orchestrated the assasination of his biggest enemy, Captain America. Does anyone else see this whole thing as being his handiwork? shrug

Could be. I don't think it'll be an "overt" bad guy if that makes any sense. Meaning I don't think it'll end up being a classic mastermind. Not Doom, or Red Skull, maybe someone magically like Mephisto or even the Skrulls.

CasanoVa
We'll see. I've liked Ed's DD so far but nothing YET to make me think he's going to leave more of an impression than Bendis.

I like his take on Clint, though his constant killing him off seems to indicate that he's not too fond of the character.

Honestly I had no idea that the same person behind GLA Misassembled was behind the Arkham mini. Slott is the man.

He does hint toward bigger things at the end of his mini. Honestly his new direction was hinted at from then. He wants to be a super villian, but has a brain for organized crime. Shocker was pretty freakin impressed with him. Natural progression imo.

I think Ed does brilliant works with mysteries though, he doesn't shy away from choosing the obvious choice (something Bendis does all too often, yet somehow Brubaker does it in a way that makes it work. Whereas Bendis flops. ie Winter Soldier being Bucky, compared to Ronin being Hawkeye). I just like Brubaker's style of writing IMO, I still rate Bendis' run much better than anything Bru's produce as of yet though.

I think Clint's a very easy character to get right, which is a good thing for a character I guess. But I still dislike Brian Bendis on the whole, the whole reason Hercules or Thor aren't on the team is because he doesn't like ye olde english speak. Which really annoys me, he really shouldn't have that much say on it.

Slott's a legend, he's pretty much the same as any of the posters on this board. He gets excited in the interviews, when you read them you can really tell he cares about the characters that he's writing. I doubt he'll ever be the next Alan Moore, but he's a very realistic and down to earth guy. It's good to keep that when you get into the biz' without letting it go to your head, *cough*Mcfarlane*cough*.

I guess you're right about the Hood, but I still would much rather see him back in BKV's hands.

willRules

I agree entirely and it's also been shown in mighty avengers (like I mentioned in an earlier post) but I am at a complete loss as to who it is. I mean it's gotta be big this person was not only responsible for civil war which was arguably one of the biggest Marvel events of all time but several other important events such as secret war, disassembled etc maybe it's scarlet Witch again????????

edit : what about Mandarin we haven't seen him in a while????

TricksterPriest
Could be. I don't think it'll be an "overt" bad guy if that makes any sense. Meaning I don't think it'll end up being a classic mastermind. Not Doom, or Red Skull, maybe someone magically like Mephisto or even the Skrulls.

Mephisto wouldn't work through earthly agents nor would he want to stockpile Vibranium. Skrulls got ****ed by the annihilation wave, so they're out.

CasanoVa
It's obviously going to be Fury.

lordboo
Mephisto wouldn't work through earthly agents nor would he want to stockpile Vibranium. Skrulls got ****ed by the annihilation wave, so they're out. marvel say mephisto is gonna be a major player an upcoming story,this was said at the beginning of the year.

willRules
It's obviously going to be Fury.

That would be sooooo cool. Although I'm not too keen on Fury being a bad guy sad

TricksterPriest
Mandarin is dead. and I doubt it's his son Temugin.

It's not Fury. He was fighting against this thing and using Spider-Woman as a decoy and triple agent.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by capt it up
ya he hawlkeye

Are you serious?

willRules
yes Clint Barton is Ronin, although Tony Stark would rather Clint become Cap yes

capt it up
still say some one should punt **** tony.......

Grimm22
As long as that person isn't Wolverine big grin

manorastroman
i could have sworn mandarin came back recently. i rememeber a scene in a jail cell. a figure is meditating in the center, chained into the ground. a group of men come in and claim they've found mandarin. they have the ten rings in a little case. mandarin ignores them, and when the men become convinced he's not mandarin, they decide to kill the man. the man rips the chains out of the concrete and wtfpwns the whole room.

anyone remember this? it would've been in the last two months.

candidates:

kang
red skull
doom
mandarin/temugin
mastermind
nick fury
mephisto...

i think fury would be my favorite of those.

manjaro
i didnt feel;ing like creating a whole new thread, but the illuminati comes under the new avengers banner so anyone like the idea of Beyonder being retconned as an Inhuman mutant?...me personally i figure that the original retcon was so crappy that this one was good as any

Martian_mind
Maybe Kang has been setting them up?

The Fake Macoy
Kang messes with up everything to manipulate IM to become a jerk? It seems familiar...

In all seriousness, Kang manipulating things would be good as long as he isn't responsible for IM being a jerk.

Disappear
Mandarin is dead. and I doubt it's his son Temugin.

It's not Fury. He was fighting against this thing and using Spider-Woman as a decoy and triple agent.

mandarin's back, by the way. apparently he's just been meditating in some psych ward for years. i didn't read too closely, but that's the revelation in the latest few iron man issues.

DARK_GAZER
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Maybe Kang has been setting them up?

owned....

willRules
Maybe Doom? Hopefully someone who is intelligent or powerful. Maybe both..........

.........I will be mortified if it turns out to be Kangaroo.

King_Mungi
anyone else cringe at the last few pages from New Avengers?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by King_Mungi
anyone else cringe at the last few pages from New Avengers? What happened?

King_Mungi
Elektra was killed by Echo and is revealed to be a Skrull, and then the last panel we see Jessica and Cage's bady sense something is wrong. It was weird and hard to explain

Darth Vicious
Elektra turned out to be askrull. All I gotta say is that instead of getting some answers, we get more freaking questions.

Darth Vicious
Anybody read today's article about the New Avengers/Mighty Avengers big storyline. It sound spretty interesting and after reading it the first thing that popped in my head was, "Thats how they'll bring Cap back!", "The skrulls got him by switching him while he was a prisioner of SHIELD".

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=116568

Big Sexy
Anybody read today's article about the New Avengers/Mighty Avengers big storyline. It sound spretty interesting and after reading it the first thing that popped in my head was, "Thats how they'll bring Cap back!", "The skrulls got him by switching him while he was a prisioner of SHIELD".

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=116568 According to that interview the events of civil war and House of M were with the real deal. Wow though, one of the illuminati could have been a skrull for the last 30 years.

DigiMark007
I think it's sweet, personally. I bought #30 and actually found it interesting. It might be a regular purchase for me now.

Darth Vicious
Ive always liked NA. Im glad that finally all loose ends will be answered. Maybe some of the politicians in the MU white house are skrulls which will explain the push for a SRA.

Validus
I'm tired of big events but this is real interesting. Could be a great, great storyline for Marvel.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Validus
I'm tired of big events but this is real interesting. Could be a great, great storyline for Marvel.

You fool, the big events are great ... get back to commerica ya commie.

stick out tongue

Grimm22
Well, I wouldn't call World War Hulk a "Big Event", other than a couple of miniseries' and Hulk books, there are hardly any tie-ins

As for the latest issue of NA, while reading it I kept getting pissed about how god awful Electra's dialoge was, but the big reveal made sense of it.

Darth Vicious
I did like the dialog between Spidey and Hawkeye/Ronin.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Grimm22
Well, I wouldn't call World War Hulk a "Big Event", other than a couple of miniseries' and Hulk books, there are hardly any tie-ins

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/416/wwhulklistrg4.th.jpg

Darth Vicious
Plus as I remember CW started the same way and it became so freaking huge.

JasonK4
Just read NA 34.

The Symbiotes have arrived

Battlehammer
you have any scanns I can't get to my comic book store

JasonK4
Originally posted by Battlehammer
you have any scanns I can't get to my comic book store
yuup. I just have to upload them.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by JasonK4
yuup. I just have to upload them.
sweet could you pm me them once there uploaded?

JasonK4
sweet could you pm me them once there uploaded?
sure.

and if anyone else want's them, just Pm me.

Battlehammer
sure.

and if anyone else want's them, just Pm me.
thanks

Battlehammer
it was pritty good

Deathstroke
Does Spider-man still have the symbiote in his solo books or does he only have it in New Avengers? I noticed he didn't have it in the most recent ASM but he had it in NA.

JasonK4
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Does Spider-man still have the symbiote in his solo books or does he only have it in New Avengers? I noticed he didn't have it in the most recent ASM but he had it in NA.
He doesn't have the symbiote, he's just rocking a black costume.

Deathstroke
He doesn't have the symbiote, he's just rocking a black costume.

Ah Ok. That makes more sense now. Thanks.

tjcoady
anyone else think NA 34 was one of Bendis' better books? I haven't enjoyed something he's written so much since he started up Powers.

JasonK4
Ah Ok. That makes more sense now. Thanks.
no problem
Originally posted by tjcoady
anyone else think NA 34 was one of Bendis' better books? I haven't enjoyed something he's written so much since he started up Powers.
I liked it.

willRules

yes

It was a good issue. I just realised Bendis may be trying to trick us into thinking the new Avengers are a Skrull free zone. After all, in ish #34 when they established they weren't skrulls, they didn't refer to spider-woman who is a potential skrull. Also if Dr Strange performed the spell, he could be a skrull tricking everyone. That would mean anyone else on the team could also still be a Skrull yes

Tron
Didn't anyone else happen to notice Spider-Woman flying with the Mighty Avengers at the end of issue #34?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Tron
Didn't anyone else happen to notice Spider-Woman flying with the Mighty Avengers at the end of issue #34?
dam I dident even notice that good point.

tjcoady
Originally posted by willRules
yes

It was a good issue. I just realised Bendis may be trying to trick us into thinking the new Avengers are a Skrull free zone. After all, in ish #34 when they established they weren't skrulls, they didn't refer to spider-woman who is a potential skrull. Also if Dr Strange performed the spell, he could be a skrull tricking everyone. That would mean anyone else on the team could also still be a Skrull yes

yea! I feel like the evidence is kinda pointing towards Doctor Strange to be a Skrull: if he is not the member of the Illuminati who was replaced, at least recently.

Look at Night Nurse's comments towards him, about how different this seems for him to have the new avengers just camping out in the Sanctum. and the "evil intention" spell in 32 and then this spell in 34 show that the NA aren't Skrulls... but only if Strange himself isn't one.

I thought the "visions" of who everyone truly was/wished to be was pretty cool, didn't you?

Battlehammer
ya it was cool .

NiņoAraņa
"someone says a magic word, like: Mxyzptlk" laughing

willRules
I thought the "visions" of who everyone truly was/wished to be was pretty cool, didn't you?

Hawkeye's was very interesting and perhaps a hint for the future????? smile

JasonK4

lordboo
laughing out loud laughing

tjcoady
Hawkeye's was very interesting and perhaps a hint for the future????? smile

yea, I agree. especially when you also add in the scene in Fallen Son where it shows how Hawkeye is the only person who is able to wield the shield like cap- and the one Stark wanted to don the costume.

Grimm22
yes

Or Wong for that matter

Battlehammer
yea, I agree. especially when you also add in the scene in Fallen Son where it shows how Hawkeye is the only person who is able to wield the shield like cap- and the one Stark wanted to don the costume.
only out of the people who tried.

tjcoady
only out of the people who tried.

welll. yea.... obviously.... how would you compare people who didn't try it? I mean... I don't really understand why you included this point? and I wouldn't have included a response unless I was really drunk.

(which I am)

Battlehammer
here the thing hawk eye is not the only person to wield capt shield like capt did. He simply the only one tony saw. which means nothing since they werent really going out of there way to find really skilled combatants and giving them the oppertunity to try.

JasonK4
Anyone read New Avengers 36?

Thor and the Mighty Avengers join New Avengers to take out the Hood.

roughrider

Say What?? All those people involved haven't actually mended their fences, have they?

JasonK4
Originally posted by roughrider
Say What?? All those people involved haven't actually mended their fences, have they?
Check your pm.

Soljer

It's an illusion. C'mon - strange is on the team.

marvelprince
Originally posted by roughrider

I'm pretty sure its just an illusion. Some of the characters there are in different costumes/off world.

JasonK4
Originally posted by Soljer
messed Can't believe I fell for one of Strange's illusions. laughing out loud

B.A
messed Can't believe I fell for one of Strange's illusions. laughing out loud Its an illusion. sad

Damn I thought Thor was there. But if Mighty Avengers is after WWH, and Strange knows about Thor and his new suit then Thor takes place between the very small time gap or its before WWH.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Soljer

That's pretty much the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the page.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
That's pretty much the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the page.

Thats the first thing that popped in my mind too but if it was then shouldnt Thor be using his old costume? If it was real then I think it is too soon for both heroes to come together again.

B.A
Thats the first thing that popped in my mind too but if it was then shouldnt Thor be using his old costume? If it was real then I think it is too soon for both heroes to come together again. Not if Mighty Avengers is AFTER Thor come back.

Is Mighty Avengers before or after WWH?

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by B.A
Not if Mighty Avengers is AFTER Thor come back.

Is Mighty Avengers before or after WWH?

Before

B.A
Which means Thor came back BEFORE Hulk arrived.

I would love a WWH/Thor fight. A rematch of WWH and Sentry on an abandoned planet like Earth and Thor vs Sentry on another planet as well. All current versions.

DigiMark007
I'm pretty sure its just an illusion. Some of the characters there are in different costumes/off world.

That's what I thought too. I mean seriously...Surfer?! That would just be heavy-handed writing.

NiņoAraņa
ok. so what is with characters's eye colors changing?

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
That's what I thought too. I mean seriously...Surfer?! That would just be heavy-handed writing. I agree, I mean that entire team to take down the Wrecking crew?

ragesRemorse
mighty avengers blow

i want the new avengers back

Deathstroke
Does anyone else think illusion Thor's hammer looks a little on the small side or is it just me?

tjcoady
heh. I was wondering why they were using such poor writing till I noticed that Howard the Duck and someone who appears to be a blue faced Question in the bottom left corner. And Darkhawk, who, aside from briefly in Civil War acting ridiculously out of character, hasn't been seen since the Defenders took over the world. and, uh, Willoughy Kipling. Either that or Wyatt Wingfoot. That's my best guest to who the other dude down there in the bottom left is. It was kinda obviously an illusion.

Unless this page heralds Dr. Strange's return to greatness and he just ripped all of these characters from their respective places in the time stream. Ahhh, that'd be cool. Plus it would mean Howard the Duck versus the Wrecking Crew, and c'mon, who wouldn't LOVE to see that fight?

tjcoady
Does anyone else think illusion Thor's hammer looks a little on the small side or is it just me?

Dainty Mjolner. For thumbtacks rather than nails, and summoning minor rain showers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.