League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Alan Moore)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I checked out the 2 volumes of this from the library not too long ago and plan on reading them soon.

Opinions?

grey fox
Great series , absolutely awesome. As a Brit it honestly makes me feel pretty patriotic. Plus i'm a big fan of WOTW so the inclusion of Martians in Vol 2 made me pretty damn happy.

Alan Moore is a goddamn genius though , he's (basically) written the ultimate fanfiction crossover AND had it published.

I'm only missing Vol 1 , had a chance to pick it up a month or two back but decided to grab the Marvel Zombies Hardcover....

Martian_mind
Haha.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by grey fox
Alan Moore is a goddamn genius though , he's (basically) written the ultimate fanfiction crossover AND had it published. yes It's like one of those crappy crossover fics on FF.net, except good. eek!

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
yes It's like one of those crappy crossover fics on FF.net, except good. eek!

Not ALL of them are crappy.

Soljer
Not ALL of them are crappy.
....no expression.

By that, I'm taking a wild guess and saying that Grey Fox has had stuff published there.

And it was probably crappy too. stick out tongue.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer
....no expression.

By that, I'm taking a wild guess and saying that Grey Fox has had stuff published there.

And it was probably crappy too. stick out tongue.

...yes ok. I have an account and I can admit alot of my work there is pretty bad. I've only recently began to write some stuff which is 'ok'.

Heres an exert from my later work. It hasn't been Beta'd so expect crappy spelling. My punctuation could also do with a little work....

King_Mungi
Couldn't believe how Hyde killed the Invisible Man...yesh! Now that's ownage

grey fox
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Couldn't believe how Hyde killed the Invisible Man...yesh! Now that's ownage

More like Ass-Rapeage

King_Mungi
More like Ass-Rapeage

Literally

grey fox
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Literally

laughing

Mider999
there is a new volume comming out called black dossier

TricksterPriest
Interesting. I will always hold Alan Moore at the highest level. For stuff like the killing joke (that was him, right?) V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

I read the first volume of this and I was astounded. Great art work, spectacular dialogue, and superb pacing.

Btw, I've written some fanfiction as well. And your stuff isn't that bad. thumb up

Mider999
if you wanna see black dossier up for pre order to go amazon.com

grey fox
Originally posted by Mider999
if you wanna see black dossier up for pre order to go amazon.com

Yeah i had been waiting for TBD for a while , earlier this year (around January i think confused ) I checked the release date.

FRIGGIN OCTOBER !!!!

Mider999
good things come to those who............OH HELL JUST PRINT IT AND SELL IT ALREADY

SnakeEyes
More like Ass-Rapeage

Alright, I just finished volumes 1 and 2 and the only part I was confused on was how Hyde killed Griffin.

I know he raped him first, but what did he do next?

Maybe I'm blatantly missing something, but an explanation would ne nice.

Anyway, I thought the volumes were great. MUCH better than the excuse of a film.

SnakeEyes
Anyone care to enlighten me?

grey fox
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anyone care to enlighten me?

I'd assume rape followed with severe beating/bone breakage. Hyde doesn't seem the type to go into a detailed 'carve you up' style of torture. He'd probably do something Marv esq.

SnakeEyes
Seems logical.

It was just confusing to me how the blood started appearing all over the table randomly and then Nemo ran into the other room and apparently saw whatever Hyde did to him.

I guess I just didn't understand the whole table/blood appearing scene.

grey fox
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Seems logical.

It was just confusing to me how the blood started appearing all over the table randomly and then Nemo ran into the other room and apparently saw whatever Hyde did to him.

I guess I just didn't understand the whole table/blood appearing scene.

I guess he murdered him in the dining hall then disposed of the body elsewhere.

Coincidently , what strength level is Hyde at ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.