He Man vs Mar-Vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Who takes it in a fight to the finish?

leonidas
mar-vell could BARELY stand toe-to-toe with the controller. in he-man you have someone FAR stronger, FAR more skilled AND possessing magic.

he-man would massacre him.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by leonidas
mar-vell could BARELY stand toe-to-toe with the controller. in he-man you have someone FAR stronger, FAR more skilled AND possessing magic.

he-man would massacre him. He beat up Controller...

Also, he stood toe-to-toe with Classic Drax, who destroyed a planet, with his fists... and ripped out the core of a small sun...

Just throwing it out there...

darthgoober

he-man would massacre him.
I could really see this one going either way. Mar-Vell's cosmic awareness, flight and speed advantage makes up for a lot of what he lacks(namely strength and durability), and his Nega Bands allow a greater amount of ranged attacks also. This would be a good fight IMO.

guy222
Originally posted by darthgoober
Who takes it in a fight to the finish?

he man

leonidas
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
He beat up Controller...

blink

mar-vell was BARELY holding his own and doing no real damage to controller. mar-vell never came close to 'beating him up'. controller was actually bfr'd by thanos, and a bloody mar-vell was left behind . . .

the first bit is hyperbole. he was battling thanos and TOGETHER they destroyed . . . something. the actual size of the 'planet' is unknown, as is drax's contribution to its destruction. we also have no indication it was ONLY with 'fists'. at the end, thanos is standing over drax's ko'd body (both still standing on the planet they supposedly 'destroyed' . . .) his hand glowing with power -- a pretty clear indication that there was MORE than just a physical battle taking place.

i don't know about the sun incident, so can't comment.

in any event, ben grim ALSO proved to be considerably stronger than marv. and in neither of those battles, did marv's speed or flight mean much. in this fight, mar-vell's flight would be pretty meaningless as well -- he would STILL need to come into range as he-man's sword could easily handle his photonic blasts. marv could stalemate by avoiding him, but once he got in close, he-man would demolish him. even his awareness wouldn't mean much. regardless of what he knew, he would STILL have to close with he-man to end the fight, and there is no way in close he could handle he-man.

DigiMark007
He-Man can absorb energy into his sword and has decent reaction time. His durability and lack of flight/mobility/speed are always a concern for him, but my guess is that he'd win the healthy majority here. Mar-Vell would need to be very cautious, skilled, and lucky to pull any number of wins off against an opponent who outclasses him in most major categories.

Jebus reborn
blink

mar-vell was BARELY holding his own and doing no real damage to controller. mar-vell never came close to 'beating him up'. controller was actually bfr'd by thanos, and a bloody mar-vell was left behind . . . Thanos killed Controller, because he knew if he didn't, a couple more blows would have finished Controller off...

the first bit is hyperbole. he was battling thanos and TOGETHER they destroyed . . . something. the actual size of the 'planet' is unknown, as is drax's contribution to its destruction. we also have no indication it was ONLY with 'fists'. at the end, thanos is standing over drax's ko'd body (both still standing on the planet they supposedly 'destroyed' . . .) his hand glowing with power -- a pretty clear indication that there was MORE than just a physical battle taking place.

i don't know about the sun incident, so can't comment. Here is Drax meeting planet:
http://i80.imagethrust.com/t/1096611/captainmarvel4213.jpg

Here is Drax meeting another planet, and then destroying a sun:
http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1096612/captainmarvel4303.jpg

in any event, ben grim ALSO proved to be considerably stronger than marv. and in neither of those battles, did marv's speed or flight mean much. in this fight, mar-vell's flight would be pretty meaningless as well -- he would STILL need to come into range as he-man's sword could easily handle his photonic blasts. marv could stalemate by avoiding him, but once he got in close, he-man would demolish him. even his awareness wouldn't mean much. regardless of what he knew, he would STILL have to close with he-man to end the fight, and there is no way in close he could handle he-man. He didn't show to be much stronger than Mar-Vell in that fight, and that was a Mar-Vell who wasn't as powerful.

Mar-Vell beat Ronan up pretty badly in one of his fights, and beat up about 5 robots who each one was as strong as Iron Man, and had even taken out Iron Man...

I'm not saying Mar-Vell wins either, I'm just saying what I know.

Faceman
blink

mar-vell was BARELY holding his own and doing no real damage to controller. mar-vell never came close to 'beating him up'. controller was actually bfr'd by thanos, and a bloody mar-vell was left behind . . .

i don't know about the sun incident, so can't comment.

in any event, ben grim ALSO proved to be considerably stronger than marv. and in neither of those battles, did marv's speed or flight mean much. in this fight, mar-vell's flight would be pretty meaningless as well -- he would STILL need to come into range as he-man's sword could easily handle his photonic blasts. marv could stalemate by avoiding him, but once he got in close, he-man would demolish him. even his awareness wouldn't mean much. regardless of what he knew, he would STILL have to close with he-man to end the fight, and there is no way in close he could handle he-man. That was before the power up.

Faceman
Mar-Vell is used to fighting better opposition than He-Man on a regular basis. Along with his cosmic awareness, and flight / long range attacks, Mar-Vell has dealt with higher caliber threats than He-Man will ever deal with. Lets not forget he is able to absorb solar energy , folks.

leonidas
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Thanos killed Controller, because he knew if he didn't, a couple more blows would have finished Controller off...

Here is Drax meeting planet:

ah, cool. i assumes you were referring to the thanos battle that is so often brought up. never saw those scans. however, a planetoid is certainly not a planet.

not sure what happened to the planet or how drax destroyed it or what kind of planet it was, but the star feat shows somes good durability as well as a lot of cis -- 'ripping out the core of a star'? meh, whatever. i pretty good feat though.

the only thing he lacked was his cosmic awareness.

that's another bit of hyperbole. mar-vell battled 2 robots -- knocked the head off one and fought 1on1 with another for a while before beating it. that whole time IM was battling THREE of them simultaneously. marv saved him by simply knocking them away, not beating them . . .

and yeah, ronan was nowhere near what he is now, though it is still a decent feat. his ko of superskrull was pretty good as well.

fair 'nuff. personally i still see no way that anyone who really knows what he-man is capable of can say marv beats him. he-man went toe-to-toe with pre-c supes and has basically an infinite supply of energy to draw from. marv is no where near that level.

leonidas
Originally posted by Faceman
Mar-Vell is used to fighting better opposition than He-Man on a regular basis. Along with his cosmic awareness, and flight / long range attacks, Mar-Vell has dealt with higher caliber threats than He-Man will ever deal with. Lets not forget he is able to absorb solar energy , folks.

flight and range are meaningless. he-man's sword handles the energy easily. he needs to beat he-man physically. no chance he can do that to someone who can stand up to pre-c superman.

guy222
He-Man

TricksterPriest
I can't see this being a fair fight. Marv's got speed and reactions, and he theoretically shouldn't get hit......

but he can't do shit to He-Man. He-Man's stamina is incredible from what I've seen, and I can't see Marv having the physical ability to compete with him in CQC, or the stamina to outlast him.

What's stopping He-man from thunderclapping or spamming the sword in wide bursts? Or worse, throwing mountains?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Here is Drax meeting planet:

Here is Drax meeting another planet, and then destroying a sun:
http://i79.imagethrust.com/t/1096612/captainmarvel4303.jpg those aren't scans of drax. that's clearly sue richards standing in front of a dead imagethrust link. haw-som

Jayct
He Man takes this easily. I think most people underestimate He Man completely because of those old cartoons.

hulkcpbifiussjf
He-Man---I HAVE THE POWER!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.