Paul Phoenix vs Ryo Sakazaki (as Mr. Karate)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Paul and Ryo have been fighting each other for more than 20 years.

All this began shortly after Ryo, along with Robert Garcia have successfully rescured Yuri and reunited with the siblings' father, Takuma Sakazaki.

Following a motorcycle race, which Ryo had lost, he and Paul fought with Ryo winning the first round, thanks to the Haohshokouken.

However, Paul wins the second round (shortly before the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2), the Special Phoenix Smash was the move which did Ryo in.

Cut to 20 years later...

Following the fifth Iron Fist Tournament, Paul is in Second Southtown. He spies the new Kyokugenryu School and enters.

Apparently, Ryo - now the new Mr. Karate - has challenged Paul to a match to see who is the better fighter once and for all. Paul is not one to back down so easily and accepts the match.

Sado22
chuck noris jumps in the fight and beats them both~

judgement hand
paul is based on chuck norris
~the long haired hand of judgement

Emperor Ashtar
This is good fight, but it won't get anylove since game versus likes to argue mismatches.

Sado22
QFT truth emperor.
let me see:
Paul and Ryo (Mr. karate) are almsot the same age 48 and 49. That makes experience equal or somewhat in Paul's favor since he's a street fighter while Ryo is more of a dojo dork.
Powerwise, its a little hard to say. Ryo was able to smack Terry 10 feet away into a lampost by a kooh-ken so I assume Ichigekihissatsu is even worse. Paul on the otherhand was able to dust a human sized boulder to bits with one of his trade mark moves (though not his strongest). Hard to call.
Speed. No doubt about it. Ryo.
Skill. Ryo also possesses great throws of his own, though I have to say, Paul has better throws. Paul also has reversals that make his fighitng style a distinct blend of brawling and judo. at close range in fact, Paul is surprisingly fast, accurate and powerful. So is Ryo, though, he seems slower on pick up in some of his moves (minus the high priority of koo-ho).
Paul's main concern would be the specials of Ryo like the haohshikoken which is a screen filling blast of ki that is fast as hell and powerful. that and the ryukurenbu which is a blur of a special utilizing many various level attacks in a rapid succession. Paul has to stear clear of these and his best option is in-fighting. Ryo has to watch out for Paul's middlelevel punches, especially the phoenix smasher that comes out fast and is also a move that can be mixed up in a combo. Definite avoiding for Ryo there.

on the whole, I assume if this is an in-fight, Paul is going to take it. But if Ryo can somehow create distance between them then Ryo is gonna take it with a haohshikoken.
in all honesty though, I'd rather see a showdown of power between:

ICHIGEKIHISSATSU versus BURNING FIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Mr. Brawler Sado-sama

Emperor Ashtar
I say Ryo Takes the majority here. Mr. Karate hits hella hard and his blows could leave Paul stun especially from a rooted stance. Don't get me wrong, Paul has alot of power especially with his Death Puch. I believe if he can get close enough he could snap some limbs using Judo. If Ryo uses his ranged attacks wisely, he could leave paulk at a disadavantage. Though, paul has experience fighting against Karate. So, he should be able to fair well against Karate based ranged attacks. It could go either way IMO, But Ryo just has so many ranged options for me to side with Paul. . .

I give this to Ryo 6/10

Sado22
yeah true. Paul does have a lot of experience going so far as to draw with Kazuya and defeat Jin Pajama. IMO i'm still a little divided between the two. I'm still 50/50. Good fight by the way and its been a while since a good fight has been posted here. This good anyway.

~Sado

olympian
Man, two of my fav.

I would probably give Ryo the very small edge due to better long range attacks as well as having a strong close figthing style as Paul does. But a tossup is also likely.

Probably the best 1vs1 match around here for awhile. And dang close.

Xenogears
lYPWHY9i3FU_7zM-CEXl5Acrylaugh

Who else?
Ryo.

Ryo 666
Ryo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.