Movie Battle: Doc Ock/Venom vs. Spider-Man/Goblin II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Title says it all.

The big baddies from Spidey 2 and 3 take on the daring duo themselves...

They fight in the middle of a theme park, that has no guests in it. Rides are running though.

Who takes this?

braz
Spiderman and Goblin

SpunkySmurph
I agree. smile

Harry was by far the most impressive in combat in Spidey 3, IMO. In an open ended, fair battle, he takes either Spidey or Venom.

braz
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I agree. smile

Harry was by far the most impressive in combat in Spidey 3, IMO. In an open ended, fair battle, he takes either Spidey or Venom.

wink But hey, about those Venom Graphic novels I PM'ed u about, do u happen to know if Eddie Brock was Venom in that one called 'Shiver'?

SpunkySmurph
Fairly positive I never read "Shiver". But I don't follow Venom that closely, or I haven't in the last little while. If you like though, I could check it out, or ask someone who would know.

SevenShackles
Goblin is last man standing... peter dies some ways along the battle.. screw him.

braz
Fairly positive I never read "Shiver". But I don't follow Venom that closely, or I haven't in the last little while. If you like though, I could check it out, or ask someone who would know.

Alright yeah, that'd be great. smile

guy222
Title says it all.

The big baddies from Spidey 2 and 3 take on the daring duo themselves...

They fight in the middle of a theme park, that has no guests in it. Rides are running though.

Who takes this?

spidey and goblin

Entity
Pete and Harry all the way.
The end to that movie almost made me want Harry to come back to life in the comics just so they could team up form time to time.

Almost.

I would love to see an alternate version of Harry at his full heroic potential end up in 616 and have to battle Norman.
That'd be so sweet. Like Alexander Luther vs Lex in DC. Only I'd of course want the alternate Harry to totally own and humiliate Norman.

playa1258
Venom could win this by himself.

SpunkySmurph
I think Xmeat learned how to sock...

Oh, and anybody in this match could either tie or beat Venom.

Symmetric Chaos
Non-comic!

Soljer

I, personally, don't think that Spidey could take Venom, assuming he was barred from using his weakness to sonics.

SpunkySmurph
SC Fails!

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
I, personally, don't think that Spidey could take Venom, assuming he was barred from using his weakness to sonics. Yes, well, in an open environment, I think it should be close, maybe with a VERY meager edge to Venom.

In the movie, Venom never had a battle with him where he didn't cheap-shot Spidey from the start.

Soljer
Yes, well, in an open environment, I think it should be close, maybe with a VERY meager edge to Venom.

In the movie, Venom never had a battle with him where he didn't cheap-shot Spidey from the start.

But that's the thing. He CAN cheap shot Spidey if he feels like it. Spiderman SERIOUSLY relies on his spider sense, and as Venom's immune to it....it give him a SERIOUS advantage - even if we are assuming that Venom ISN'T faster or stronger than Pete.

I'd give more than a meager edge to Venom against Parker.

Estacado
How about when Spidey tried to attack Brock and he got bitchslaped?Or the fight in the air?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer
But that's the thing. He CAN cheap shot Spidey if he feels like it. Spiderman SERIOUSLY relies on his spider sense, and as Venom's immune to it....it give him a SERIOUS advantage - even if we are assuming that Venom ISN'T faster or stronger than Pete.

I'd give more than a meager edge to Venom against Parker. Venom fought Peter three times, IIRC- once, when Peter was talking to MJ, and he cheapshotted Parker. Twice, when Peter was jumping up to rescue MJ, and he cheapshotted Parker. Thrice, once Spidey was already worn down from battling everybody, and he reached down and grabbed him. Also, that was in the middle of a construction building, where the fight wouldn't be taking place. So there was no maneuverability. In an open-air environment, Spidey could match Venom.

Also, Parker didn't really rely on his Spider sense at all in the movie. They seemed to forget about it. Little things like being hit with a spit ball at the beginning, to being side swiped by Harry partway through off his moped.

So, all of his dodging feats and crap like that were really all him, no spider sense. So, the parker that you see throughout the movie wouldn't have much of a disadvantage in this fight.

braz

no

Sry, I gotta disagree with ya on that one. A bloodlusted Venom would be more than capable of beating Doc Ock who was shown to have no durability enhancement or HF like the Goblins and Spidey. All he'd have to do is web him up from a distance and then eat his brains out. evil face
And also, the only reason Spidey can beat Venom is because of the symbiote's vulnerabilities- fire and sound. Otherwise, as you saw, Venom royally owned Spiderman hand-to-hand. Yes, there were some cheap shots, but still, thats the power of the symbiote(and it has a weakness I know sad ) and like when they fought in the air, Venom was def taking the majority if there were judges with score cards present in mid-air smile I saw Venom get 3 really nice licks on him while Spidey got 0.

Also, I forgot to add: was that an incendiary bomb Spidey used on Venom or the same kinda atom disintegrator Norman used to take out the board of directors in SM 1? Cuz I wouldnt think that the symbiote would be THAT vulnerable to fire considering Pete and Harry both got blown up in the face with one and didnt even come close to dying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.