Favorite black and white horror movie of all time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ADarksideJedi
I would have to say "And then there are none" that movie is a classic and scary.What black and white horror movie is your favorite?jm

Impediment
Night of the Living Dead
The Wolfman
Frankenstein

xblanex
night of the living dead

Wolfie
Night of the Living Dead and The Wolf Man

NormaBates
Night of the living dead and off course PSYCHO!

Evil Dead
psycho

MildPossession
Cat People is one for me.

vintageSW77
Eraserhead

Impediment
I wanted to say Psycho, myself, but I consider it more of a Thriller/Suspense than a full fledged horror.

It is, however, timeless.

vintageSW77
i forgot YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Impediment
I wanted to say Psycho, myself, but I consider it more of a Thriller/Suspense than a full fledged horror.

It is, however, timeless. smile

king leonidas
night of the living dead, freaks, and young frankenstien

ragesRemorse
clerks...what, the thread didnt specify horror. smile

Evil Dead
I would have said Dr. Strangelove ........but she did indeed specify horror.

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I would have to say "And then there are none" that movie is a classic and scary.What black and white horror movie is your favorite?jm

doomsday49
Originally posted by Wolfie
Night of the Living Dead and The Wolf Man

haha...cosignage!!!

Espantada23
Night of the Living Dead

Jason_Krueger
THEM!
NOTLD
FREAKS
and of course PSYCHO

papabeard
Black Sunday, Nosferatu, Repulsion, Eyes without a face.

wicker_man
Nosferatu, White Zombie, The Thing, The Fly, Psycho, Night of the Living Dead, The Cat People, The Body Snatchers, I Walker With A Zombie, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? and Peeping Tom.

MightyCelestial
My top 5 fave B&W horrors classics:

5. The Blob - A big giant glob of snot that only gets bigger & bigger as the movies progresses. Could somebody hand me over a city-sized piece of tissue, please?

4. Wolfman - Just a plain ol' classic, this one is right there. I'm am a Huge fan of the original black & white Universal Monster series of way back in the day. Any datedness from these original gangstas of horror seemed to be fade with the integrity of the energy that was captured in the filming. I'm really looking forward to what they're gonna do with the the Benicio Del Toro adaptation. I was really glad that they didn't get him to look like the more wolf than man make-up that has become the standard for today. I still think that the modern look is cool an' all, but it doesn't need to be limited to one style. Despite the push that Hollywood has given movies like these as just empty escapist fare, the reality is, on a integral level, they're still an artform & thus should never be limited by any type of boxed labels.

3. Dracula - I don't care what any of you might think of the old Count, he's the O.G. of bloodsuckers, suckas. If it weren't for him, Count Chocula cereal would just be called Chocolate Flavored Cereal Wit' Chocolate Flavored Marshmellows In It.
So pay 'em his due propers.
Suckas.

2. Frankenstein - What Dracula did for Count Chocula cereal, the Frankenstein monster did for Frankenberries.
Suckas.

1. Night Of The Living Dead - This was almost the "Blair Witch Project" of it's time. It has a very documentary feel to it. And to my mind, it was the first time I had ever seen the idea of zombies as truly scary

Tyranno-Chris
Psycho, thats about it.

Magic_attack
Dracula

BackFire
Night of the Living Dead
Psycho
Freaks
Man Bites Dog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.