Superman in age of apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If superman was a marvel base character and he was sent to the age of apocalypse. Do you think that he could change the way the world was changed before all of the humans got killed and if so how much time would you give him to correct age of apocalypse. Or do you think that he would fail.

In this scenerio, were taking all of earth heros out of the picture leaving only superman.

Apocalypse has no kryptonite but he is well aware of superman and that hes the only hero.

Do you think that superman would succeed in making the world right.

Evil_Ash
apocdur

illadelph12
Does Apoc still have his horsemen?

Namely Sinister?

carver9
yes all of his horseman. Nothing changes except that superman is the only hero.

illadelph12
Word?

Then Apoc.

Sinister makes an army of X-man/Apoc/Northstar hybrids and dispatches them while Apoc sips Cognac. They kill Supes, then return and kill Apoc.

Sinister wins.

Avalonofthewind
After Marvel stops itś masturbation session (YAY! No more ripoffs! We have the original!) Superman stomps M. Earth. Heĺl realize itś too late to stop the AOA and destroy the planet.

carver9
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
After Marvel stops itś masturbation session (YAY! No more ripoffs! We have the original!) Superman stomps M. Earth. Heĺl realize itś too late to stop the AOA and destroy the planet.

I know this is going to hurt your feelings because I know you love superman but he cant destroy no planet, he has a hard time destroying mountains.

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by carver9
I know this is going to hurt your feelings because I know you love superman but he cant destroy no planet, he has a hard time destroying mountains.

There's more than one way to destroy a planet. He doesn't need to use physical strength.

He just covers the planet the with heat vision (something he has done before) until there's nothing left. Supes heat vision can generate heat hotter than that of stars.

Priest
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
There's more than one way to destroy a planet. He doesn't need to use physical strength.

He just covers the planet the with heat vision (something he has done before) until there's nothing left. Supes heat vision can generate heat hotter than that of stars.
he can generate star like heat from focused vision.
He would be able to cover the earth with a intence dose of HV.

Avalonofthewind

What crack have you been smoking?

Keep reading xmen, and let the debaters debate.

Soljer
What crack have you been smoking?

Keep reading xmen, and let the debaters debate.

Co-signed.

carver9
naah, I think that your on some heavy crack believing that. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, youre right, superman can destroy a planet, he did fuse with goku.

Avalonofthewind
naah, I think that your on some heavy crack believing that. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, youre right, superman can destroy a planet, he did fuse with goku.

It must be great to be ignorant to your own stupidity.

Remember, weŕe laughing at you, and not with you.

I watch Pokemon
Superman makes it clear that he can destroy the planet.

Superman battles Earths elementals (magical creatures who compose earth) and threatens to destroy the planet and them if needed.

He gave them a choice...the elementals backed down.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5466/sm20916fs9.th.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4692/sm20917gc3.th.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8695/sm20918ol5.th.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2878/sm20919fr5.th.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8199/sm20920ox2.th.jpg

Destroys an meteor with one punch. This is when Superman's powers started to increase after his return from the dead. He himself states that the meteor could demolish Earth.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2739/supermanmanofsteel03119ld0.th.jpg

I watch Pokemon

Heat Vision at full power covering the Earth = No more Earth.

It's very simple.

carver9

It's very simple.

Thats going to take a while and Im quiet sure that apocalypse has telepaths or someone that could fly up there to stop him.

Avalonofthewind

It's very simple.

Well done. I was planning on putting up those scans as well...but heĺl probably go into some fanboyish rant.

carver9
Superman makes it clear that he can destroy the planet.

Destroys an meteor with one punch. This is when Superman's powers started to increase after his return from the dead. He himself states that the meteor could demolish Earth.

Whats the point of these scans. It didnt prove anything.

carver9
Well done. I was planning on putting up those scans as well...but heĺl probably go into some fanboyish rant.

Thanos also said that he was scared of hulk, did you believe that.

I watch Pokemon

It proves that the Earth Elementals believed Superman could destroy Earth.

It proves that Superman can one-shot a meteor big enough to demolish the Earth.

TricksterPriest

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/infernalledgend/dumbass.jpg

Supes can destroy the planet. Whether he'll do it or not, is up for debate. His capability of being able to do it, is not.

Does Apoc get prep? Cause Supes is ****ed if they get prep.

I watch Pokemon
Thanos also said that he was scared of hulk, did you believe that.

He was somewhat worried about Hulk at first but then he owned Hulk every time they met.

carver9
superman cant destroy no planet.

Endless Mike
superman cant destroy no planet.

So you admit he can then, since a double negative means a positive.

LordKaos
He could fight and kill everybody on the planet but it won't matter all the other heroes don't exist so nobody did anything about the M'Kraan crystal, the end of all that is will soon come.

Avalonofthewind

carver9

Avalonofthewind
What was the point of those scans.

To show how blinded by fanboyism you are of course! smile

carver9
Well hey if you think that Im blinded then thats ok and if you think that Im a fanboy then hey. TO bad I collect superman comics. I just dont think that he can destroy a planet, ex... like gladiator did.

TricksterPriest
What was the point of those scans. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/getyurahstomrs.png

erm Seriously, go read some comics, learn about the characters you're debating.

I'll help this time.

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/cabledeadpool.msnw

Go read the comics there and the various threads. And in a week or two, you might turn into a decent poster. As it is, you're just embarrassing yourself and being made an object of redicule. You're basically the new Xmeat. laughing

Avalonofthewind

I watch Pokemon
Well hey if you think that Im blinded then thats ok and if you think that Im a fanboy then hey. TO bad I collect superman comics. I just dont think that he can destroy a planet, ex... like gladiator did.

Speaking of Gladiator...

Where are those scans of him moving light-speed on Earth?

carver9
Speaking of Gladiator...

Where are those scans of him moving light-speed on Earth?

laughing

You have a good memory. I showed you a scan of him moving at light speed on earth.

I watch Pokemon
laughing

You have a good memory. I showed you a scan of him moving at light speed on earth.

No you didn't.

You showed me scan of him moving near light-speed.

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/getyurahstomrs.png

erm Seriously, go read some comics, learn about the characters you're debating.

I'll help this time.

http://groups.msn.com/ultimatespidermanonlinecomic/cabledeadpool.msnw

Go read the comics there and the various threads. And in a week or two, you might turn into a decent poster. As it is, you're just embarrassing yourself and being made an object of redicule. You're basically the new Xmeat. laughing

Trickster if you feel like that then I guess i cant change your mind but Im just going to say this. Everyone that debate on this forum has there own opinion just like xmeat. If he feels that the hulk can beat superman, wonderwoman or whoever, thats his opinion and you can debate with him but if the guy just dont see it your way then give up and move on. That dont make him a bad debater, that makes him a human that has his own opinion. If someone told you that hulk can beat apocalypse, would you agree, no, because you have your mind set to believe that apocalypse has the power to take down hulk, just like the other person have their mind sat on the opposite. Thats why it is called debating, that word is there for a reason.

I enjoy debating with a lot of people on these forums no matter what there mind is sat at because its a challenge and hell it has been some people on here that actually made me see the truth. I dont say the things that I say because I hate the character or dislike the character, I just go by what I see and if I dont portray this character doing things out of his norm then Im not going to give him props for something that he just cant do.

I love superman and I love his character. He is the greatest hero alive but I dont consider him a herald level being, not even close, even though he has great power. Like I said before, you can put me in the same category as xmeat, I dont mind because to me xmeat speaks for what he believe can happen and I respect him for that. I would rather be on xmeat category then yours anyway because from what I have seen of you, the only thing you do is down people.

carver9
No you didn't.

You showed me scan of him moving near light-speed.

Ill try to get one for ya.

LordKaos
In carver9s defence nobody in the marvel universe moves at light-speed on earth it has been said over and over that those who can move at light-speed don't do it on earth because they would cause a bunch of damage to the environment.

I watch Pokemon

Redatom65
Carver, I hear by award you the mongoose award. You are now known as the most idiotic stuborn user on the forum, even more so then 2damnloud and rutog, as they are only obsessed with their one character, your just misguided alltogether

carver9

TricksterPriest
Trickster if you feel like that then I guess i cant change your mind but Im just going to say this. Everyone that debate on this forum has there own opinion just like xmeat. If he feels that the hulk can beat superman, wonderwoman or whoever, thats his opinion and you can debate with him but if the guy just dont see it your way then give up and move on. That dont make him a bad debater, that makes him a human that has his own opinion. If someone told you that hulk can beat apocalypse, would you agree, no, because you have your mind set to believe that apocalypse has the power to take down hulk, just like the other person have their mind sat on the opposite. Thats why it is called debating, that word is there for a reason.

I enjoy debating with a lot of people on these forums no matter what there mind is sat at because its a challenge and hell it has been some people on here that actually made me see the truth. I dont say the things that I say because I hate the character or dislike the character, I just go by what I see and if I dont portray this character doing things out of his norm then Im not going to give him props for something that he just cant do.

I love superman and I love his character. He is the greatest hero alive but I dont consider him a herald level being, not even close, even though he has great power. Like I said before, you can put me in the same category as xmeat, I dont mind because to me xmeat speaks for what he believe can happen and I respect him for that. I would rather be on xmeat category then yours anyway because from what I have seen of you, the only thing you do is down people.

*sigh* This is why you're not respected on here.

Your example proves it. I don't have to say anything about Apoc beating the hulk. IT'S ON-PANEL. He's already done it. On-panel evidence, also called scans, are the gold standard for debating. You are arguing against canon material and scans.

You debate using feats, evidence, logic, and ignore PIS moments. You do not debate with opinions and heresay. Xmeat is outright wrong and so are you. You want to debate that way, go to comicvine, or CBR, or Superherochat. This is KMC, we are the big leagues on debating. And your style of debating simply does not work and is not respected here.

Redatom65
then you should go there too durfist

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Redatom65
then you should go there too durfist

you first, oh fearless leader. durfist

Redatom65
you first, oh fearless leader. durfist

na, that's what i got scouts for ermmhappy cubscouts

I watch Pokemon
Im saying that people that has the ability to fly outside of earth hemisphere can fly faster in space than on earth due to the gravity.

So Superman can't fly FTL on Earth (according to you he's only a little faster than the speed of sound) but can go over 2.3 million light-years in a matter of hours if he's in space? laughing

Redatom65
I didn't read that before hand! hysterical

carver9
So Superman can't fly FTL on Earth (according to you he's only a little faster than the speed of sound) but can go over 2.3 million light-years in a matter of hours if he's in space? laughing

I believe he can do that in space since magneto can fly near light speed in space and nova can fly only the speed of sound on earth but in space he can fly faster than light and terrax can fly faster than light in space but on earth never showed any kind of speed. Rogue can fly sub sonic speed in space but can go the speed of sound on earth (classic rogue). I believe you since people slower than superman can do the same thing while in space. Theres no gravity to slow them down in space, none, so superman can pull them feats along with almost any body that has any kind of speed and flight.

Read:

Even marvel knows this. Like using nova because he's pretty fast.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Nova_%28Richard_Rider%29

go to where it says known powers, you should see this.
Can fly faster than speed of sound (mach 3) in Earth's atmosphere. Able to reach light speed and access hyperspace when in space.

Endless Mike
If they're bloodlusted for the purposes of a vs. thread they'll fly as fast as they can on earth since they won't worry about killing people due to the side effects (which is the reason they don't do it in the comics)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Endless Mike
If they're bloodlusted for the purposes of a vs. thread they'll fly as fast as they can on earth since they won't worry about killing people due to the side effects (which is the reason they don't do it in the comics)

QFTMFT. (Quote for the mother****ing truth.) thumb up

Redatom65
what is it with u and mother f*cking?

TricksterPriest
It's my favorite curse word. stick out tongue That and bastich, bastich. laughing

I watch Pokemon
I believe he can do that in space since magneto can fly near light speed in space and nova can fly only the speed of sound on earth but in space he can fly faster than light and terrax can fly faster than light in space but on earth never showed any kind of speed. Rogue can fly sub sonic speed in space but can go the speed of sound on earth (classic rogue). I believe you since people slower than superman can do the same thing while in space. Theres no gravity to slow them down in space, none, so superman can pull them feats along with almost any body that has any kind of speed and flight.

Read:

Even marvel knows this. Like using nova because he's pretty fast.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Nova_%28Richard_Rider%29

go to where it says known powers, you should see this.
Can fly faster than speed of sound (mach 3) in Earth's atmosphere. Able to reach light speed and access hyperspace when in space.

I want some on-panel evidence, not a bio. I could become a member at Marvel Database and edit that bio.

The only reason people don't got light-speed on Earth is because it would damage the surrounding area. Even going FTS can damage the surrounding area due to sonic booms, in fact Superman has stated on-pannel that he had to learn how to suppress sonic booms. Earth's gravity is nothing to Superman, you're talking about a guy who's resisted the gravitational pull of a red sun several times.

You do realize that Superman going 2.3 million light-years in a matter of hours puts is faster than Gladiator going a 100 times light-speed, don't you? Looks like Superman is faster than Gladiator in space. laughing

carver9

I guess you dont understand what me and I watch Pokemon is arguing about.

I watch Pokemon

Redatom65
It's my favorite curse word. stick out tongue That and bastich, bastich. laughing

so, to get this straight, you're not a mother f*cker...? confused

I watch Pokemon

Endless Mike

carver9
I want some on-panel evidence, not a bio.

The only reason people don't got light-speed on Earth is because it would damage the surrounding area. Even going FTS can damage the surrounding area due to sonic booms, in fact Superman has stated on-pannel that he had to learn how to suppress sonic booms. Earth's gravity is nothing to Superman, you're talking about a guy who's resisted the gravitational pull of a red sun several times.

You do realize that Superman going 2.3 million light-years in a matter of hours puts is faster than Gladiator going a 100 times light-speed, don't you? Looks like Superman is faster than Gladiator in space. laughing

Like you said, I want some on panel speed quotes, ex... with the gladiator feat reed richards said he was going 100 times the speed of light. Is there any kind of comic saying the same for supes.

When gladiator disarmed that weapon it said that he was going near light speed (about 180,000 mps) I want to see something that is saying the same for supes.

And as it stated in the bio, that nova can go the speed of sound on earth and outside of the earths atmosphere he can go the faster than the speed of light. I think that earth gravity does play a major role in the speed dept, especially when your in space and youre not even affected by any type of atmosphere. You might think that its nothing to supes but it is. I can say the same for nova since he is nigh invulnerable and is a cosmic being with enormous powers but earth atmosphere plays a major role on him.

If you dont like bios then this one will really hurt, this came from a writer by the name of brian azzarello (hes a superman writer). During a interview that was in a wizard book they asked him questions that compared our superman to earth 2 superman and this was superman stats.

He could lift 100,000 tons +
Then they asked about his speed, he simply stated that superman max speed is 2000mps

Earth 2 superman speed is 1750mps.

I didnt say this, brian azzarello said this, argue with him.

Endless Mike
What actually happens in the comics overrules what writers say in interviews

carver9

Endless Mike
Or they can both go FTL, but Flash is faster?

Besides, Zoom is faster than Flash anyway.

carver9
Or they can both go FTL, but Flash is faster?

Besides, Zoom is faster than Flash anyway.

Or one of is just faster than the other incredibly and the other dont come close to his speed. Flash is the fastest being on his planet and his top speed is the speed of light. I dont think that zoom is faster than flash.

Symmetric Chaos
Or one of is just faster than the other incredibly and the other dont come close to his speed. Flash is the fastest being on his planet and his top speed is the speed of light. I dont think that zoom is faster than flash.

Wally has gone faster than light. Zoom has left Wally in the dust.

Badabing
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
apocdur eek! laughing laughing Happy Dance

w00tdur

I watch Pokemon

Avalonofthewind

I watch Pokemon

Flash can go beyond light-speed.

He's done so before. Just take a loot at the time he searched through a crowd of people and placed two of them in front of Green Lantern's blast. He did that in just a picosecond.

carver9

Avalonofthewind

Avalonofthewind

carver9

Symmetric Chaos
You really dont understand. In order for flash to even taste the speed force he would need to go the speed of light. Do you remember when black adam was racing one of the flashes and the flash couldnt get into the speed force until he reached the speed of light. He struggled to do that and it took time. So what you all are basically telling me is that superman is faster than any of the flashes.

They don't have to physically get into the speed force. All versions of the Flash are connected to and channel it to get speed.

Avalonofthewind

carver9
I dont know why we're arguing about this, its pointless. Whatever the comics want superman or any other character to do, theyre going to do it. Superman has flown faster than the speed of light (outside of earths atmosphere) but it depends on the writer who is writing the book. His bio says that his top speed is 2000mps but in comics his speed fluctuates. Now you all believe that superman goes faster than the speed of light because your going by comics feats and not bios but when wonder woman beat superman during the max lord saga and could have killed him you all went off of bios saying that superman has this, this, and that and he shouldnt have lost to wonder woman. Bios only seems good when people want to use it to help themselves. Well since comics are alway cannon and right, I might as well believe that wonder woman is >> superman since she did own a superman that wasnt holding back.

I'll see you all tomorrow and I will be back to reply to your post. Have a good one.

I watch Pokemon

I watch Pokemon
I dont know why we're arguing about this, its pointless. Whatever the comics want superman or any other character to do, theyre going to do it. Superman has flown faster than the speed of light (outside of earths atmosphere) but it depends on the writer who is writing the book. His bio says that his top speed is 2000mps but in comics his speed fluctuates. Now you all believe that superman goes faster than the speed of light because your going by comics feats and not bios but when wonder woman beat superman during the max lord saga and could have killed him you all went off of bios saying that superman has this, this, and that and he shouldnt have lost to wonder woman. Bios only seems good when people want to use it to help themselves. Well since comics are alway cannon and right, I might as well believe that wonder woman is >> superman since she did own a superman that wasnt holding back.

I'll see you all tomorrow and I will be back to reply to your post. Have a good one.

Wonder Woman was getting the shit beaten out of her. Superman punched her from the Sun to Earth in seconds, she had to resort to calling some birds to keep Superman distracted.

I watch Pokemon

Avalonofthewind

I watch Pokemon
Things change regarding the speed and strength of characters.

After COIE Wally could only move at the speed of sound for some time, but as time went by he became faster.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9586/flashv2annual0126yk7.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.