Dr. Manhattan VS Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I watch Pokemon
Does Manhattan have enough showings to put him on the same level as Apocalypse?

Ridley_Prime
On the same level? Eh, I suppose so, since he seems to have at least half of the powers Apocalypse possesses. Plus, his control over space and time might give him an advantage.

Hmm. This is a tough call. Guess I'll need to think more on this...

MRasheed
Dr. Manhattan has wish-granting powers. That beats Apocalypse.

Evil_Ash
Dr. Manhattan with ridicules ease. cornwtf

guy222
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
Does Manhattan have enough showings to put him on the same level as Apocalypse?

Dr Man ftw

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
Dr. Manhattan with ridicules ease. cornwtf

The corn-wtf says it all, it really does.

Manhattan FTW.

lordboo
Originally posted by MRasheed
Dr. Manhattan has wish-granting powers. That beats Apocalypse.
apoc can also grant himself any superhuman power he wishes.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by lordboo
apoc can also grant himself any superhuman power he wishes.

Physical superhuman power.

But whatever Apocalypse can do wont help him in the slightest against Manhattan.

MRasheed
By 'wish-granting' I mean he could turn Apocalypse into a flower or teleport him into the sun at the beginning of the earth's development or something. Manhattan is like a science-based genie.

llagrok
Space and time

'nuff said

celestialdemon
Dr. Manhattan would win. No contest.

I watch Pokemon
Damn. So this is a pretty big mismatch, eh?

I'm just trying to figure out who would be a good match for Manhattan. Anybody have any suggestions?

llagrok
The In-betweener smile

MRasheed
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
Damn. So this is a pretty big mismatch, eh?

I'm just trying to figure out who would be a good match for Manhattan. Anybody have any suggestions?

You'll have to do better than Apocalypse. Dr. Manhattan is a cosmic being.

TricksterPriest
Maybe too high, but, Galactus? Hyperstorm? You really have to go high up to find someone on par with Dr. Manhattan. Sadly, Apoc dies very very very hard.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Maybe too high, but, Galactus? Hyperstorm? You really have to go high up to find someone on par with Dr. Manhattan. Sadly, Apoc dies very very very hard.

Sadly?

Pfft, deservedly

boriquaking55
Apocalypse would be no match for Manhattan. Pure spite

illadelph12
Doc Manhattan is like a stoic, detached Silver Surfer. He doesn't really have any battle feats though. All we ever saw him do was grow gigantic, blast tanks, and disintegrate Rorschach. The Mars thing was very impressive (or was he on the moon? I haven't read Watchmen in years). The part where he made the castle thing out of the sand. I believe he also created an atmosphere so that the Silver Sable could breathe (iirc). I need to re-read the book. He does have a kind of precog also. I'd say Doc's more a Surfer/Atom/GL than a Galactus, though he did mention wanting to create life. By feats he's not much, but by inference he's like a fledgling Solar.

MRasheed
Originally posted by illadelph12
Doc Manhattan is like a stoic, detached Silver Surfer. He doesn't really have any battle feats though. All we ever saw him do was grow gigantic, blast tanks, and disintegrate Rorschach.

We didn't get to see his battle feats, but in the Watchmen universe, Dr. Manhattan had a long history as a superhero of earth before he went into retirement from crimefighting. But in the end he stated contemplating his existence and the nature of the universe and he started increasing his abilities as his knowledge grew. Similar to the Star Child from 2001: a Space Odyssey (the inspiration for all Cosmic Beings in comics).

Should Manhattan encounter other cosmic level beings like him it would only expand his knowledge of what he himself can do. He already knows he has umlimited control over all space/time. The skill levels involved are only limited to what he needs to do at the time.

Mr Master
Doc Manhattan is like a stoic, detached Silver Surfer. He doesn't really have any battle feats though. All we ever saw him do was grow gigantic, blast tanks, and disintegrate Rorschach. The Mars thing was very impressive (or was he on the moon? I haven't read Watchmen in years). The part where he made the castle thing out of the sand. I believe he also created an atmosphere so that the Silver Sable could breathe (iirc). I need to re-read the book. He does have a kind of precog also. I'd say Doc's more a Surfer/Atom/GL than a Galactus, though he did mention wanting to create life. By feats he's not much, but by inference he's like a fledgling Solar.

He can also rearrange the structure of Atoms, to create or un-create or alter the fundamental nature of anything.

Seemlessly unlimted Teleportation capabilities.

Self duplication, (copies of himself that have his power and operate independently)

Not only pre-cog but able to witness the Past, Present and Future, even simultaneously.

He also saw the workings of Neutrinos (Quantum level optics) in slow motion, Manhattan said the actual speed of these particles in which they pass by is so fast you can hardly say they ever existed at all.

The velocity of Neutrinos according to Watchmen is beyond that of an Electron.

Mindboggling when we consider an Electron making Trillions of revolutions around the Nucleus in a fraction of a Second.

illadelph12
Yeah, but he wouldn't wear clothes.

Mr Master
Yeah, but he wouldn't wear clothes.

laughing

llagrok
Stan Lee.

Mr Master
Originally posted by llagrok
Stan Lee.

Stan Lee?

Doc Savage
Originally posted by MRasheed
Similar to the Star Child from 2001: a Space Odyssey (the inspiration for all Cosmic Beings in comics).

Galactus was around before 2001 as were the likes of Dr.Solar.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Doc Savage
Galactus was around before 2001 as were the likes of Dr.Solar.

Space Odyssey came out back in 68, right?

Doc Savage
Space Odyssey came out back in 68, right?

Around then, yes, as a novel. I think the film was 69. As a book the star seed was fleshed out more, but it wasn't really anything like a comic character. In the 70's Marvel adaptation it was though wink.

Endless Mike
Manhattan is overrated. Didn't he say that he wouldn't be able to stop all of Russia's nukes if they launched them all at once?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Sadly?

Pfft, deservedly
sad

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Manhattan is overrated. Didn't he say that he wouldn't be able to stop all of Russia's nukes if they launched them all at once?

I don't recall him ever saying that.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by llagrok
Stan Lee. Would kick Manhattan's up and down.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Manhattan is overrated. Didn't he say that he wouldn't be able to stop all of Russia's nukes if they launched them all at once? Fairly positive that was a government estimate...

cmack
doctor manhattan is way above apocalypse, he has precognition, and he can make duplicates with the same amount of power as him, dr manhattan ftw, 10/10

Horrificus
People! For God's Sake!

Dr. Manhattan is on the level of Molecule Man. Maybe, with less human frailties than MM.

But, if it makes everybody feel better, Apocalypse would win the

1. Best Kisser Contest
and
2. Looks Most Like Angelina Jolie Contest
and
3. Sexiest Lips Contest

hehe. I'm Neat.

Omnislash Kid
I dont see why this is even debatable. This fight would either be a stalemate or just end with Apocalypse getting exhausted and giving up if he was smart enough to realize that it would be a never-ending fight. The good Dr. wouldn't easily kill Apocalypse by blowing him up. Apocalypse can also manipulate his body at an atomic level which would cancel out Manhattan from blowing him up. You guys act as if Apocalypse is a weakling. He has control over energy as well and so does Manhattan. They're both pretty much indestructible by any physical means and can both control size and Apocalypse can shape shift (though I dont see how that would be practical for a fight against Manhattan). I guess it all comes down to peoples biased opinions on who's cooler (though I suppose most of you guys have only seen Manhattan from the Watchmen movie) Now a better fight would be Manhattan vs Silver Surfer or Galacticus (though I'm sure SS and Galacticus would both beat the Dr.) I suppose Lucifer would be a good match against Dr.M

gobstakid777
doc dickslaps apoc
naked member of the blue man group ftw

Mshinu
Hm at first I thought this would be pretty easy for the Doc.. but then again Apoc handled Stryfe`s powers like they were nothing. Not so sure anymore.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mr Master
Stan Lee?

Stan Lee doesn't wear cloth aswell smile

Doc takes it

RyTek
Originally posted by Mr Master
He can also rearrange the structure of Atoms, to create or un-create or alter the fundamental nature of anything.

Seemlessly unlimted Teleportation capabilities.

Self duplication, (copies of himself that have his power and operate independently)

Not only pre-cog but able to witness the Past, Present and Future, even simultaneously.

He also saw the workings of Neutrinos (Quantum level optics) in slow motion, Manhattan said the actual speed of these particles in which they pass by is so fast you can hardly say they ever existed at all.

The velocity of Neutrinos according to Watchmen is beyond that of an Electron.

Mindboggling when we consider an Electron making Trillions of revolutions around the Nucleus in a fraction of a Second.

Would you consider Dr.M abstract then?

SoulDevourer
dr. Minidick wins

gobstakid777
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
dr. Minidick wins laughing

bobbi
Manhattan has complete control over all atoms, not just his own bodies and sees the past present and future. So apocalypse can never win, at best stalemate. manhattan seems to have much more control of reality though. Time and space > complete body control

Omnislash Kid
Dr. M also says even though he can see into the future he cant do anything to change it so even if he could change it he wouldn't. Also, Apocalypse has complete control over his body on an atomic level. I give this to Manhattan though since I imagine that his energy projectile it probably much stronger than that of Apocalypse's.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by bobbi
Manhattan has complete control over all atoms, not just his own bodies and sees the past present and future. So apocalypse can never win, at best stalemate. manhattan seems to have much more control of reality though. Time and space > complete body control

Because seeing your own future and not being able to do jack shit about it, is the same as having control over time and space. Right!

batdude123
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Because seeing your own future and not being able to do jack shit about it, is the same as having control over time and space. Right!

Dr. Manhattan 10/10.

Parmaniac
Because seeing your own future and not being able to do jack shit about it

what do you mean by this? I mean the "not being able part"

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Parmaniac
what do you mean by this? I mean the "not being able part"

Well what could I mean by "Not being able to do anything about it"

My bet would be that I meant "he can not do anything about it"

Parmaniac
Well what could I mean by "Not being able to do anything about it"

My bet would be that I meant "he can not do anything about it"

What I wanted to have was an example and not a sentence in the same league as: "He will find a way" and "he's the better man"

Kris Blaze
What I wanted to have was an example and not a sentence in the same league as: "He will find a way" and "he's the better man"

Now what are you talking about?

Placidity
Um, Manhattan's precog is limited, and can be clouded. Also he does not have "complete control over space/time".

Silver Surfer is probably on par, although I could see a high level telepath taking him.

Parmaniac
Now what are you talking about?

I was just curios about the example you were reffering to with the sentence "not being able to do jacksh!t about it" I wanted a little description of the part where he fails, well I haven't read the story only saw the movie I wasn't trying to argue just curios about it.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Placidity
Um, Manhattan's precog is limited, and can be clouded. Also he does not have "complete control over space/time".

Silver Surfer is probably on par, although I could see a high level telepath taking him.

Yeah I would definitly compare him to SS. Except for the duplication thing which is pretty cool is his power was not divided among his duplicates. Sexually satisfying his woman and inventing a brand new machine that manipulates energy that no other tech in the world come even close to replicating. Pretty good imo.

Would be great to see what his limits are. Everything he did seemed to be absolutely effortless.

His mind would be interesting to for any telepath imo. His mind "sees" more. The way he described the way he thought was kinda strange. But then again doesn't mean a a high grade Telepath wouldn't be able to effect him.

Kris Blaze
I was just curios about the example you were reffering to with the sentence "not being able to do jacksh!t about it" I wanted a little description of the part where he fails, well I haven't read the story only saw the movie I wasn't trying to argue just curios about it.

It's fairly simple.

Doctor Manhattan can only see his future. End of story.

dr-Sidious
dr Ivos android would be the perfect match for dr manhattan

he has full control over molecules, atoms and time nuf said

he has evolved beyond any metahuman and life itseld , his body is in a constant state of - learn and overcome and has become god like

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.