Teachers Stage Fake Gun Attack on Kids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schecter
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070513/faked-attack

sickening. yeah, i know i posted a RABBLE thread, but i just cant get over the level of reckless fearmongering. making children cry and beg for their lives. what were they supposed to learn?

Ytse
How would you put this?

Fail?

Yeah, it was stupid.

Darth Extecute
I believe someone is in need of a sanity checkup no expression

Starhawk
Originally posted by Schecter

sickening. yeah, i know i posted a RABBLE thread, but i just cant get over the level of reckless fearmongering. making children cry and beg for their lives. what were they supposed to learn?

I'm surprised your not making fun of this.

Tattoo
Heh, I used to live in Murfreesboro, I'm not surprised by the schools stupidity. It runs rampant there.

Schecter
Originally posted by Starhawk
I'm surprised your not making fun of this.

shouldnt you be at kinkos?

Schecter
Originally posted by Tattoo
Heh, I used to live in Murfreesboro, I'm not surprised by the schools stupidity. It runs rampant there.

good thing you moved out. i pity any student in a school system which intentionally inflicts their children with post traumatic stress disorder.

Secretus
That school district is gonna have a major lawsuit on there hands. Really wondering what was going through that idiots mind...

JacopeX
Originally posted by Starhawk
I'm surprised your not making fun of this. Seriously. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And about the topic: Only in america! wink

Schecter
is it time for another starsquawk/jaco jerk-fest? roll eyes (sarcastic)

{{QS}}
A teacher at my school said a meteorite was due to hit and would kill us all.She is now no longer employed.

Ytse
Originally posted by {{QS}}
A teacher at my school said a meteorite was due to hit and would kill us all.She is now no longer employed.

Haha. Well, I think those facts are accurate at least.

Röland

They fail. Horribly.

Bardock42
Didn't think that quite through, did they?

Symmetric Chaos
It "involved poor judgment" . . . yeah they f*cked that up big time.

LORDSIDIOUS01

Poor judgment

Fishy
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Poor judgment

Poor judgment? This isn't poor judgment, this is retarded.

Bardiel13
While it was probably not the best of times after the Virginia Tech shooting, the idea of simulating such an event would be a good learning experience, since those kinds of things are getting a bit too common. I think the trying to break in thing was a bit much though.

Fishy
Originally posted by Bardiel13
While it was probably not the best of times after the Virginia Tech shooting, the idea of simulating such an event would be a good learning experience, since those kinds of things are getting a bit too common. I think the trying to break in thing was a bit much though.

Even though the US has more of these then most other country's I would hardly call it an everyday or even normal event. Fear is ruling once again, and that is just stupid. These kids have no reason to be confronted with this. Unless they would plan to do it often the training would have no effect. And if you do it often it becomes a drill and people get used to it, and still won't know what to do in a real situation. You just can't train most kids for things like this. They are children they aren't even supposed to think about this.

chillmeistergen

What exactly is it supposed to teach them though? Seems to me to be pretty much saying if there's an attack involving a gun you're buggered. There's nothing these kids could have done, this isn't a die hard movie and all they're going to learn from it is to distrust adults in authority.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Fishy
Even though the US has more of these then most other country's I would hardly call it an everyday or even normal event. Fear is ruling once again, and that is just stupid. These kids have no reason to be confronted with this. Unless they would plan to do it often the training would have no effect. And if you do it often it becomes a drill and people get used to it, and still won't know what to do in a real situation. You just can't train most kids for things like this. They are children they aren't even supposed to think about this.

Of course. If it were Middle or High school, I don't think it would have been so controversial. We had something similar to that in middle school, except they didn't elaborate what was happening. We just had to lock the doors and stay quiet. We heard a knocking at the door and some girl got up to open it and we were all whispering loudly, "Don't open the freakin door, you moron!" And she got all snotty saying, "It's probably just an officer, jeez!" And she was right. It was our school cop and he said, "Bang. You're dead. And so is your whole class." Yeah, she wasn't too popular that day.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What exactly is it supposed to teach them though? Seems to me to be pretty much saying if there's an attack involving a gun you're buggered. There's nothing these kids could have done, this isn't a die hard movie and all they're going to learn from it is to distrust adults in authority.

Well it's about time kids learn how to fight like in Die Hard! You'd have to admit, the gunman would be too surprised to retaliate. wink

chillmeistergen
Using fear to keep kids under control. That's a new generation of terrorism and indoctrination if you ask me.

chillmeistergen
Well it's about time kids learn how to fight like in Die Hard! You'd have to admit, the gunman would be too surprised to retaliate. wink

Well yeah I'm sure they would be. Would certainly surprise me.

Fishy
Of course. If it were Middle or High school, I don't think it would have been so controversial. We had something similar to that in middle school, except they didn't elaborate what was happening. We just had to lock the doors and stay quiet. We heard a knocking at the door and some girl got up to open it and we were all whispering loudly, "Don't open the freakin door, you moron!" And she got all snotty saying, "It's probably just an officer, jeez!" And she was right. It was our school cop and he said, "Bang. You're dead. And so is your whole class." Yeah, she wasn't too popular that day.

So what did you learn from all of that? That somebody can't kick open a door? Get a key? Shoot through a door? If a situation like that arises you aren't going to respond like during some test.

I think it's completely useless.. It just scares a lot of people.

Bardiel13
So what did you learn from all of that? That somebody can't kick open a door? Get a key? Shoot through a door? If a situation like that arises you aren't going to respond like during some test.

I think it's completely useless.. It just scares a lot of people.

I'm sure the first thing a crazed shooter would want to find is a key, and of course he knows where to look for one. Also, the doors have those kind of frames where you can't kick them open, because part of it is raised. But, please, share your fool-proof alternative to surviving a school shooting. And we we're supposed to learn anything besides don't open the door. It was basically a test to see how we would handle a real life situation.

chillmeistergen
Makes me wonder why on earth these people are willing to scare the hell out of children, but they won't push for a gun ban. What kind of place is it where the adults, are so scared of letting go of their guns, that they have to scare children into the fact that a gun toting madman, may well one day make their way round the schools in their area?

Bardiel13
Makes me wonder why on earth these people are willing to scare the hell out of children, but they won't push for a gun ban. What kind of place is it where the adults, are so scared of letting go of their guns, that they have to scare children into the fact that a gun toting madman, may well one day make their way round the schools in their area?

There ARE people who are pushing for a gun ban. Honestly, I couldn't agree more. Ever since our pot ban, we've had virtually no reports of marijuana in our country at all! And remember that prohibition era? The only time in our history when we weren't wasting our lives drinking the devil's water. Since our police force is so advanced, if a gun ban went into effect, we could probably reduce gun-related fatalities to zero!

Robtard
This was an isolated incident, no? Let's not get ahead of ourselves... stupid move by the teachers; they'll pay for it now.

BackFire

...How to cry and beg for their lives...

I'm in amazement that someone, somewhere, thought this was a good idea.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Robtard
This was an isolated incident, no? Let's not get ahead of ourselves... stupid move by the teachers; they'll pay for it now.

Yeah as long as it doesn't get a public defence, I can't foresee a problem. Hopefully, the school, and the teachers will be severely punished though.

Fishy
I'm sure the first thing a crazed shooter would want to find is a key, and of course he knows where to look for one. Also, the doors have those kind of frames where you can't kick them open, because part of it is raised. But, please, share your fool-proof alternative to surviving a school shooting. And we we're supposed to learn anything besides don't open the door. It was basically a test to see how we would handle a real life situation.

I don't have a way to survive school shootings that's the entire point. Nobody is going to know how to react in a situation like that, nobody will know what they can or can not do and the people knocking on the door may very well be someone you know. Someone screaming for help. You'd keep the door closed hear somebody shooting kid is dead, and your traumatized for life, even more then you would have been already.

You open the door and the kid screaming was the shooter and kills you. You think these classes teach you act to act calmly and think about situations like that? I very much doubt it's going to do any good. It just scares the hell out of some kids

Strangelove

sickening. yeah, i know i posted a RABBLE thread, but i just cant get over the level of reckless fearmongering. making children cry and beg for their lives. what were they supposed to learn? *chuckle*

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BackFire
...How to cry and beg for their lives...

I'm in amazement that someone, somewhere, thought this was a good idea.

Not really. Odds are there are dozens of idiots who still think it's a brilliant idea.

Schecter
Originally posted by Strangelove
*chuckle*

ZOMG YOU HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING!!!
YAP!!!! YAP!!!! YAP!!! FILTH!!! SCUM!!!! YAP!!!

Shelbert Lemon
Having small children myself, had it happened to mine, I would have been outraged as well... that was terrible of them and I hope it cost them their job.

.......what if they had consulted a councilor and got written permission slips from the parents for their child to be put through this 'learning experience'?

It would have NEVER happened.

Retards.

Bardiel13
I don't have a way to survive school shootings that's the entire point. Nobody is going to know how to react in a situation like that, nobody will know what they can or can not do and the people knocking on the door may very well be someone you know. Someone screaming for help. You'd keep the door closed hear somebody shooting kid is dead, and your traumatized for life, even more then you would have been already.

You open the door and the kid screaming was the shooter and kills you. You think these classes teach you act to act calmly and think about situations like that? I very much doubt it's going to do any good. It just scares the hell out of some kids

Well, I'll tell you how the best way to improve your survival rate. Lock the doors, keep down, stay quiet, wait for local school cops to take shooter down. Which is exactly what the drill taught us. If we ran around, screaming and crying, then the shooter could quite easily pick out the next spot to waste some kids. In that paniced state, they probably wouldn't have even bothered to lock the door.

chillmeistergen
So your school had to teach its students common sense?

Bardiel13
So your school had to teach its students common sense?

Yes. A person can handle common sense. People cannot. Remember that quote from Men in Black? "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." When in a drill, no one cares. People just sit and wait for it to be over. When faced with the same situation in real life, it's completely different. Since your life is actually in danger, it can cause people to act quite differently. In that sort of situation, it would be very likely that someone would simply lose it and start screaming their head off. And as you read in my post, someone opened the door. If it were a real life situation, she would have acted the same, since we were convinced that something really was going on.

I'm not saying it's proper to go around banging on doors, scaring the crap out of little kids, but for those who are put in environments where such occurances are quite plausible, it's good to exercise proper ways to deal with such matters. If the drill at my school were real life, I would probably be dead because that girl opened the door against our better judgement. She learned a very important lesson.

FeceMan
Jesus H.

It's like the time a local radio station said they were going to drown a puppy to raise awareness about water safety (in light of the recent drownings of a bunch of probably-illegal Mexicans who didn't know how to swim who decided to go swimming anyhow).

Bardiel13
Originally posted by FeceMan
Jesus H.

It's like the time a local radio station said they were going to drown a puppy to raise awareness about water safety (in light of the recent drownings of a bunch of probably-illegal Mexicans who didn't know how to swim who decided to go swimming anyhow).

That's terrible D: They didn't go through with it, did they?

KidRock
Oh Hai PVS!

Strangelove
ZOMG YOU HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING!!!
YAP!!!! YAP!!!! YAP!!! FILTH!!! SCUM!!!! YAP!!! I reserve my right to laugh at whatever I want evillaugh

pfft

Schecter
how could it possibly be funny when anal rape isnt involved?

FeceMan
That's terrible D: They didn't go through with it, did they?
No. I laughed when tons of their sponsors pulled their support.

Fishy
No. I laughed when tons of their sponsors pulled their support.

Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid that schools have sponsors?

FeceMan
I'm talking about a radio station, not a school.

Fishy
I'm talking about a radio station, not a school.

Never mind then.

Violent K
I would LOVE to see what happens if the REAL ISSUE HAPPENED. My friends don't take fire drills these days cause they know its either:

A Joke.
Drill.
Fake.

But this...Teacher broke their student's trust. Now if the real issue happened, student won't take this seriously, and bam. Their dead.

ragesRemorse
im surprised one of those kids werent packing, and diddnt retaliate with thei gat.

I guess however, if we learned anything from the virginia shootings, its that we are all pussies and secretly hope that someone confronts us with a gun so we can cower in a corner and let them shoot us

GCG
__________ is what they tought they would have achieved by this.

Dreamt
Even though the US has more of these then most other country's I would hardly call it an everyday or even normal event. Fear is ruling once again, and that is just stupid. These kids have no reason to be confronted with this. Unless they would plan to do it often the training would have no effect. And if you do it often it becomes a drill and people get used to it, and still won't know what to do in a real situation. You just can't train most kids for things like this. They are children they aren't even supposed to think about this. Earthquake's aren't normal either but we have drill's for them. They're rather horrifying as well.

Fishy
Originally posted by Dreamt
Earthquake's aren't normal either but we have drill's for them. They're rather horrifying as well.

Earthquakes are more common then school shootings, and you can better learn to prepare yourself against earthquakes then against school shootings. They are two completely different things.

Schecter
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
im surprised one of those kids werent packing, and diddnt retaliate with thei gat.

I guess however, if we learned anything from the virginia shootings, its that we are all pussies and secretly hope that someone confronts us with a gun so we can cower in a corner and let them shoot us

well if that was me i would have gotten angry and turned green. i would laugh as the bullets bounce off my chest and then proceed to twist his head off.

*gunman enters*

scratch all that. i think ill just defecate in my pants and cry for mommy

Shelbert Lemon
the day after the Virginia tech tragedy happened... my oldest daughter was sitting in her class (high school) when outside their class room down the hall they heard what sounded to them and the teacher to be gun fire followed by screams and angry mumbling....

They were so scared and as she told me about it.. her voice was cracking with emotion... turned out to be a couple kids who thought it would be funny to set fireworks off in the hall. ...... Morons.

That was a small thing.. I can only imagine the fear those children felt.

botankus
I see why parents would be upset, but in a world where kids regularly turn fire drills and bomb threats into social meccas, maybe they need a little reality check that doesn't involve blackberries and gossip quicksand. Sometimes the thought of an emergency can actually supercede whether or not Sarah stuffed her bra today or whether or not Mike did both the LeFevre twins last Saturday night.

Fishy
Originally posted by botankus
I see why parents would be upset, but in a world where kids regularly turn fire drills and bomb threats into social meccas, maybe they need a little reality check that doesn't involve blackberries and gossip quicksand. Sometimes the thought of an emergency can actually supercede whether or not Sarah stuffed her bra today or whether or not Mike did both the LeFevre twins last Saturday night.

Mike is one lucky bastard...

And yes you are right emergency's are more important then this. But do you think people care so little about fire drills because they are just that drills, or do you think we really just don't care?

A fire drill is funny, but the thing is you never know if it's a drill or not until it's to late, so next time they call that stupid bell they might just think it's a drill again and stay put in their class while the entire building is one fire...

botankus
And yes you are right emergency's are more important then this. But do you think people care so little about fire drills because they are just that drills, or do you think we really just don't care?

The latter. Hell, it doesn't stop at school. Here at work we have fire drills, and it's usually a time for us to ask everyone "Is your uncle still sick?" or "What kind of mileage does your Camry get?" or "Has that rash cleared up?"

Fishy
Originally posted by botankus
The latter. Hell, it doesn't stop at school. Here at work we have fire drills, and it's usually a time for us to ask everyone "Is your uncle still sick?" or "What kind of mileage does your Camry get?" or "Has that rash cleared up?"

I wish I could say I still felt differently but I just read a news report saying people in a few city's ignored our alarm system because they thought it must have been a drill or just an accident and didn't want to go inside..

botankus
Oh, I agree on that part, too. One time when I was in high school we had about 5 bombs threat in a week. We had to go to the football stadium on each occasion. After the third one, we weren't exactly moving in orderly light-speed, to put it mildly.

Tontonhugstrees
...I live like 20 mins from that place. Oh dear. I really am surrounded by a bunch of idiots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.