Karnak vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

llagrok
It's on big grin

MRasheed
Namor would smash him. It would be like Iron Fist vs the Hulk.

llagrok
I imagine Karnak could kill him with one punch, so it'd be interesting.

MRasheed
The Prince of Atlantis would make him cry.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by llagrok
It's on big grin

where are they fighting

llagrok
They're fighting in a park. 5 minutes since Namor was in the water.

guy222
They're fighting in a park. 5 minutes since Namor was in the water.

Karnak can win

jrodslam
Namor.

MRasheed
Namor would see Karnak's weakness in his oversized dome and split it open ftw.

Brian Oswald
Karnak could take out a stionary Namor who was not fighting back but he gets speedblitz in a straight up fight.

llagrok
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Karnak could take out a stionary Namor who was not fighting back but he gets speedblitz in a straight up fight.

I don't think Namor is capable of speedblitzing. He's barely faster than Wolverine.

redhotrash
Namor breaks his bones. Karnak is good, but Namor isnt a bad fighter either, plus hes pretty crafty.

jrodslam
I don't think Namor is capable of speedblitzing. He's barely faster than Wolverine.

no How wrong you are.

llagrok
Originally posted by jrodslam
no How wrong you are.

How come he wasn't able to speedblitz Wolverine then?

Wolverine who's slower than Karnak.

MRasheed

If namor can move his limbs through WATER fast enough to propel himself 60 mph, why do you think he wouldn't have super speed when moving his limbs through AIR?

llagrok
Originally posted by MRasheed
If namor can move his limbs through WATER fast enough to propel himself 60 mph, why do you think he wouldn't have super speed when moving his limbs through AIR?

Posting exactly the same in 2 threads, nice. Took you quite a while to think of that.

You don't think the fact that he's FAR STRONGER AND FASTER IN WATER has anything to do with that?

jrodslam
How come he wasn't able to speedblitz Wolverine then?

Wolverine who's slower than Karnak.

How come Flash, Superman, Thor and other heroes who move/fly at mach +++ speeds dont speedblitz? Because it would make for a boring fight.

Namor is certainly capable of doing it however.

jrodslam
Posting exactly the same in 2 threads, nice. Took you quite a while to think of that.

You don't think the fact that he's FAR STRONGER AND FASTER IN WATER has anything to do with that?

As long as hes wet, hes the same strength in or out of water.

Out of water hes faster.

srankmissingnin

Namor is faster in water then he is on land. Thats just how it is. Do you have any idea how fast the Hulk, someone who can lift 100,000s tons, should be able to move his arms? Thats not how comics work.

llagrok
How come Flash, Superman, Thor and other heroes who move/fly at mach +++ speeds dont speedblitz? Because it would make for a boring fight.

Namor is certainly capable of doing it however.

You keep on believing that.

jrodslam
You keep on believing that.

Its a fact. Its shown.

Keep denying that.

llagrok
Show me a scan of Namor speedblitzing someone with above peak human speed.

Then I'll agree with you.

jrodslam
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Namor is faster in water then he is on land. Thats just how it is. Do you have any idea how fast the Hulk, someone who can lift 100,000s tons, should be able to move his arms? Thats not how comics work.

Namor isnt faster in water than he is on land.

It may seem as if hes faster in water because his opponent isnt as mobile in water. Thats why he always has that extra speed advantage in the water.

MRasheed
Thats not how comics work.

Indeed?

That's a very interesting thing to say.

So let's examine that; exactly how DO comics work?

Well, we know that the knowledge, skill-level, character biases, imagination and limitations of the very human, under-deadline pressures of the comic book writers go into the canon of comic book continuity. We know that preesure from the fans and even investor/stock holders can effect storylines and how characters are portrayed and how high-profile they can become. And how powerful.

So if their powers aren't written in the way that they SHOULD go, does it mean that's not how the character functions?

Wolverine is a tough, hairy little guy with the strength of a superb athlete with blades coming out of the back of his hands. Healing factor or not, berserker rage or not it is absolutely ridiculous for him to be any kind of realistic threat to the one, true Sub-Mariner, Namor the Avenging Son. A being who can bend a tank over double, survive and thrive under the crushing pressure of the world's oceans, a being who can withstand mortar fire and nazi bullets without a scratch.

In other words, in the hands of truly stupid and clueless writers, comics can work dumb.

llagrok
Namor has been beaten up by Captain America.
Namor has traded punches with the Hulk

That's how comics work smile

srankmissingnin
Indeed?

That's a very interesting thing to say.

So let's examine that; exactly how DO comics work?

Well, we know that the knowledge, skill-level, character biases, imagination and limitations of the very human, under-deadline pressures of the comic book writers go into the canon of comic book continuity. We know that preesure from the fans and even investor/stock holders can effect storylines and how characters are portrayed and how high-profile they can become. And how powerful.

So if their powers aren't written in the way that they SHOULD go, does it mean that's not how the character functions?

Wolverine is a tough, hairy little guy with the strength of a superb athlete with blades coming out of the back of his hands. Healing factor or not, berserker rage or not it is absolutely ridiculous for him to be any kind of realistic threat to the one, true Sub-Mariner, Namor the Avenging Son. A being who can bend a tank over double, survive and thrive under the crushing pressure of the world's oceans, a being who can withstand mortar fire and nazi bullets without a scratch.

In other words, in the hands of truly stupid and clueless writers, comics can work dumb.

And Gamma radiation doesn't turn you into a rampaging monster, getting bit by a radio active spider doesn't give you super strength and having little wings on your ankles doesn't give you the ability to fly. Adamantium cuts through insanely durable stuff, its one of the properties of the metal. You don't like that it can't hurt Namor? Okay continue to cry it up, but there are worse things to complain about in comics.

jrodslam
Show me a scan of Namor speedblitzing someone with above peak human speed.

Then I'll agree with you.

There are more speed feats in his respect thread. Check it out.big grin

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8149/ill15167siup0.th.gif

jrodslam
Namor has been beaten up by Captain America.
Namor has traded punches with the Hulk

That's how comics work smile

When was Namor beaten up by Cap?

llagrok
When was Namor beaten up by Cap?

Flashbacks shows Cap beating up Namor in Weapon x 27 I think.

Namor punched Iron man and leapt at him. Iron man was able to fire back smile

jrodslam
Flashbacks shows Cap beating up Namor in Weapon x 27 I think.

Namor punched Iron man and leapt at him. Iron man was able to fire back smile

Scan?

You asked for a speedblitz and i gave you one.yes

llagrok
He just punched Iron man who had no idea he was in a fight.

Karnak knows that this is a fight. He knows Namor's going to attack.

jrodslam
He just punched Iron man who had no idea he was in a fight.

Karnak knows that this is a fight. He knows Namor's going to attack.

Uhh. This is Namor were talking about. Hes probably got the worse temper in Marvel. Iron Man knows Namor well and knows things that would tick him off. Plus Namor was already pissed, so....them be fighting words Iron Man said.

Karnak may take a while to figure out Namors weakness if he ever does. Either way, he loses.

llagrok
Ever does? He sees them instantly I believe.

Exiles karnak with same powers/skills killed hundreds of people/robots in succession.

jrodslam
Ever does? He sees them instantly I believe.

Exiles karnak with same powers/skills killed hundreds of people/robots in succession.

Naw. Not instantly.

Some Exiles characters are slightly different than their 616 counterparts.

llagrok
Naw. Not instantly.

Some Exiles characters are slightly different than their 616 counterparts.

I know, but what makes you think it takes a while? He always gets them in a matter of seconds.

srankmissingnin
There are more speed feats in his respect thread. Check it out.big grin

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8149/ill15167siup0.th.gif

Thats more of a strength feat then a speed one.

jrodslam
Thats more of a strength feat then a speed one.

Why do you say that? Namor usually hits Iron Man for loops.

Namor closed the gap on Stark almost instantly. IM even seem prepared in his last sentence(hence fists being closed). He couldnt even brace himself apparently.

jrodslam
I know, but what makes you think it takes a while? He always gets them in a matter of seconds.

Karnak and Daredevil were once fighting a version of Ultron. Karnak had to meditate on finding the weakspots while DD just went on to continue fighting him. they both found the weakspots at the same time, but it took Karnak some time.

Was it because of its robot anatomy? Possibly, but even when he was fighting Gorgon, he wasnt able to take him down. Thats why i doubt its instantly.

llagrok
Karnak's gotten a nice buff it seems then, considering Silent war.

How great is Karnka's martial arts skills? Probably not enough to make up for lack of strength .

srankmissingnin
Why do you say that? Namor usually hits Iron Man for loops.

Namor closed the gap on Stark almost instantly. IM even seem prepared in his last sentence(hence fists being closed). He couldnt even brace himself apparently.

They were only 3-5 away from each other and you can't brace your self for a punch from a guy who can lift thousands of tons when you only weigh around 500lbs. Anything other then a straight jab is going to send you flying whether you are ready or not.

jrodslam
They were only 3-5 away from each other and you can't brace your self for a punch from a guy who can lift thousands of tons when you only weigh around 500lbs. Anything other then a straight jab is going to send you flying whether you are ready or not.

Ironman has done it before. There were times IM was only knocked a couple of feet if that. Thats more consistant than Stark getting hit about 100 yards.

srankmissingnin
Ironman has done it before. There were times IM was only knocked a couple of feet if that. Thats more consistant than Stark getting hit about 100 yards.

He can do it for a jab, but anything close to an upper cut (or a even hook) should send him flying.

jrodslam
He can do it for a jab, but anything close to an upper cut (or a even hook) should send him flying.

I was talking about hooks mainly. Never really seen(or dont remeber) Namor ever giving Ironman an uppercut. True they should send him flying, but on a normal basis he doesnt. Besides a few feet if that.

srankmissingnin
I was talking about hooks mainly. Never really seen(or dont remeber) Namor ever giving Ironman an uppercut. True they should send him flying, but on a normal basis he doesnt. Besides a few feet if that.

Honestly most fights between bricks would be decided by who ever landed the first hit because he would send the other guy into orbit. I'm okay with writers/artists ignoring that for the sake of a wicked fight, but I still think that was more of strength feat on Namor's part then a speed one.

*shrugs*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.