Would this make a good comic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy

Endless Mike
Wait, so all the threads you made in the vs. forum involving this were actually just about something you made up?

The Prophecy
Yes!

Endless Mike
Somehow I don't think that's allowed

The Prophecy
Why not? This is after all a comic book forum and I'm not spamming because I'm not advertising a business or other website this is my work.

Darth Vicious
Like Biggie would say "And another one.." How many of these stories/origin have u posted in here already? Too many!

The Prophecy
Well this the final one!

Newjak
Oddly enough that looks familiar stick out tongue

The Prophecy
Yes and I owe it all too you my friend! smile

Newjak
Your welcome it was fun writing that stick out tongue

The Prophecy
lol yeah I'm doing so major remodeling on the forum but it'll be a while.I'm also going to hold of Qezel until I'm out of school for summer vacation.

Newjak
Kool man wish you the best of luck

The Prophecy
Thanks again!

NoFate007
Man...I didn't even bother with reading this. I'm sorry, but this comic idea you've been pushing for the longest time is just an amalgam of old stories that are forcing people to think its cool. You can't make your characters indestructible in a thousand ways and expect people to care. Look at how boring the cosmics are in DC and Marvel. Aside from a few, like Galactus, nobody gives a damn about them because there's no highs/lows - just a frozen scale. And even at that, how can "They are also the most powerful (more powerful than the future bloodline)" be true? You can't have more than one character be the best. The best is the best...#1...not #1, 2, 3, 4....

For some reason, these demon/God/angel stories seem to be what most people want to write...but they all end up just copying off each other. I'd suggest doing something totally different man. Don't go the route of trying to make up "Ultra Man, a Superman ripoff with bright colors!" like a lot of fan fiction ends up being, and stray away from the deity stuff. The most realistic things (in all forms of writing) tend to get the best reception, even when you look at something that is an epic fantasy, but is rooted in our own personal psychologies to give us something to connect to. If you just throw around a concept containing characters that absolutely nobody can relate to in any way...simply put...nobody is going to care.

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
Man...I didn't even bother with reading this. I'm sorry, but this comic idea you've been pushing for the longest time is just an amalgam of old stories that are forcing people to think its cool. You can't make your characters indestructible in a thousand ways and expect people to care. Look at how boring the cosmics are in DC and Marvel. Aside from a few, like Galactus, nobody gives a damn about them because there's no highs/lows - just a frozen scale. And even at that, how can "They are also the most powerful (more powerful than the future bloodline)" be true? You can't have more than one character be the best. The best is the best...#1...not #1, 2, 3, 4....

For some reason, these demon/God/angel stories seem to be what most people want to write...but they all end up just copying off each other. I'd suggest doing something totally different man. Don't go the route of trying to make up "Ultra Man, a Superman ripoff with bright colors!" like a lot of fan fiction ends up being, and stray away from the deity stuff. The most realistic things (in all forms of writing) tend to get the best reception, even when you look at something that is an epic fantasy, but is rooted in our own personal psychologies to give us something to connect to. If you just throw around a concept containing characters that absolutely nobody can relate to in any way...simply put...nobody is going to care.

Street Levelers are always good.

Alfheim
Man...I didn't even bother with reading this. I'm sorry, but this comic idea you've been pushing for the longest time is just an amalgam of old stories that are forcing people to think its cool.

Bro you do know that alot of popular stuff is based on other ideas.

Star War -Japanese Buddhism and Jewish mysticism

Lord Of The Ring - Norse mythology

Dragonball Z - Qi gong

etc, etc.

Symmetric Chaos
If you just throw around a concept containing characters that absolutely nobody can relate to in any way...simply put...nobody is going to care.

I think you underestimate megalomania 313

DigiMark007
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Why not? This is after all a comic book forum and I'm not spamming because I'm not advertising a business or other website this is my work.

It's posting the same thing over and over about a person people obviously know nothing about. Ergo, spam. I also don't like being duped into allowing the same thread over and over without at least being informed.

If you want to dedicate 1 thread to this...whatever....then fine. But keep it out of the vs. forum or everything is closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.