Who Can Defeat Charles Xavier w/Mind Gem?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
Well, since he had it in that Illuminati issue, let's say he knows how to use it.

What telepaths could defeat him?

charlemagne9746
probably no one under abstract level.

King_Mungi
How strong is Psylocke's telepathy immunity she gained when her brother brought her back and altered her?

*cough* Dr.Strange beat Moondragon with the gem.

Endless Mike
Thanos

TricksterPriest
Martian Manhunter? Fernus could for sure.

Darth Macabre
Despero?

Symmetric Chaos
Magneto (with Wolvie's psiblockers and the helmet he used in the movie)

TricksterPriest
Darkseid. evil face

guy222
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Well, since he had it in that Illuminati issue, let's say he knows how to use it.

What telepaths could defeat him?

Jaime Braddock

Bouboumaster
Thanos

Grimm22
Karate Kid

Seriously no expression

Karate Kid is immune to telepathy? LMAO.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos

Please he doesn't stand a chance in hell against Xaviar WITHOUT the mind gem, so tell me how he wins against Xaviar WITH the mind gem.

But agree it has to be someone around abstract level in marvel cannot say for DC...

tkitna
Fin Fang Foom

llagrok
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanos

I laugh at thee.

Perhaps Bastion? smile

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Utrigita
Please he doesn't stand a chance in hell against Xaviar WITHOUT the mind gem, so tell me how he wins against Xaviar WITH the mind gem.

But agree it has to be someone around abstract level in marvel cannot say for DC...

Thanos already pwned Moondragon w/e the mind gem. He's more than powerful enough to beat Xavier. You don't have to go abstract to beat a mind gem wielder.

Bastion is not a TP, but he could probably beat Xavier.

His Airness
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Thanos already pwned Moondragon w/e the mind gem. He's more than powerful enough to beat Xavier. You don't have to go abstract to beat a mind gem wielder.

He did? ermm

llagrok

Aah, it said what telepath.

I'm thinking Dr. Strange.

Xavier > Moondragon.

His Airness
Originally posted by llagrok
Aah, it said what telepath.

I'm thinking Dr. Strange.

Xavier > Moondragon.

And you believe this why? ermm

Wally West
Originally posted by King_Mungi
*cough* Dr.Strange beat Moondragon with the gem.
I don't think she had the gem (in the fight Im thinking of, Infinity Abyss), and beating her was so taxing Strange collapsed straight after.

llagrok
Originally posted by His Airness
And you believe this why? ermm

Based on feats. Moondragon passed out after holding a crowd still during Annihilation. Prof x could knock them out and still not break a sweat.

MRasheed
The Contemplator of the Universe

The Contemplator has spent billions of years channeling the Power Primordial to develop his mind. He is one of the most powerful telepaths known. He can contact other minds across vast interstellar distances and in different dimensions. He also has other mental powers such as telekinesis and astral projection. He can achieve a meditative state that enables him to become one with the universe. This allows him to know everything about anything in the dimension he is in. It has been suggested he possesses other vast mental powers, but due to limited appearances and his passive nature these are largely unknown. He can teleport across galactic distances through the power of his mind and sometimes other dimensions.

Like all Elders the Contemplator has been rendered completely immortal due to the Grandmaster's pact with Death, even more so then before. He is immune to ageing, poisons, and disease. He can survive in space unaided and does not need food, air, or drink. If his body were to be destroyed it would either reform or he would survive as an astral spirit.

Contemplator ftw. AND he would take the Infinity Gem.

Galan007

What telepaths could defeat him? If Xavier could fully control the Mind Gem, even Abstract level beings "out-TP'ing" him is iffy. erm

Estacado
A robot.

Soljer
Originally posted by Wally West
I don't think she had the gem (in the fight Im thinking of, Infinity Abyss), and beating her was so taxing Strange collapsed straight after.

There was a time he took a full powered mind bolt without flinching, took the gem from her, and pretty much punked her.

Classic Doc Strange could do it. Thanos could do it.

Utrigita

No he hasn't Thanos has displayed telepathic abilities in the past, most notably before his death. In fact, the Loose-leaf update of the HBOTMU states that Thanos possesses psionic abilities.

This ability is typically innate among the cosmic Eternals, but not always so among the Titans.

The level of Thanos' telepathic prowess is unknown. It was presumed to be at a low level. When he decided to make a move against the Goddess during the Infinity Crusade, he employed the aid of Professor Charles Xavier to utilize his telepathic abilities. It bears mentioning that Xavier is ranked as arguably the most powerful psionic on Earth, and likely ranks among the top Psionics in the known Universe.

Despite the presumably low level at which he is able to gain telepathic egress into another's mind, Thanos is a formidable psionic combatant, having shown prowess sufficient enough to defeat both Drax and Moondragon in mental combat. While willpower isn't a quality that can be easily measured...Thanos' force of will is the equal of anyone's.

from http://corvusonline.net/thanos/powers.html and from what I know cannot agree more his WILLPOWER is second to none but his telepathic abilities isn't strong enough to take on Xaviar (who is arguably the strongest telepath on earth in my openion) even without the mind gem, so when he gets the Mind gem Thanos gets crushed. Don't forget that Xaviar was a lot of experience fighting telepaths and so on, thanos has fought what two Moondragon and Drax Xaviar has fought how many ??? don't even bother to find the number.

GalacticStorm
Many cosmics could take him out. Especially the likes of the Phoenix Force which is heralded as the strongest telepathic Force around.

The Infinity Gems on their own arent ridiculously powerful universe destroying items. Its when backed by each other that they reach that scale. For example, it is the power gem that acts as a huge energy reservoir to boost any of the other gems to universal proportions. Without its support the mind gem would just be a powerful trinket.

"A conduit to a seemingly limitless source of unfocused energy"

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914401998.jpg

"Champions gem backs all the others with infinite power"

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914402515.jpg

It is for this very reason that wielders of single gems arent very impressive in comparison to a wielder with the power gem coupled with one of the others.

Utrigita
Agree about abstracts could take him out but thanos no way in hell

spidey-dude
white queen

leonidas
depends entirely on how well he knows it. individual gem wielders have some good feats, but nothing that puts them at abstract levels. there is always talk of 'potential' but what is the greatest feat a gem wielder has accomplished? aw beating mephisto is a biggie, prolly the best. ss was able to handle moondragon's blast and not be ko'd. charlie would be above her i think because his base is higher, and he's smarter, but i'd that doesn't mean an abstract is what it would take to beat him.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
there is always talk of 'potential' but what is the greatest feat a gem wielder has accomplished? Probably when Rune used the Time Gem to acquire all the other Gems... srug

leonidas
that was a good one too, but greater than aw beating mephisto in hell . . .?

and didn't rune stop time around each individual? or did he just just it altogether? can't recall off-hand. i hate getting old . . . sad

Galan007
that was a good one too, but greater than aw beating mephisto in hell . . .?

and didn't rune stop time around each individual? or did he just just it altogether? can't recall off-hand. i hate getting old . . . sad I think he just stopped time around each person.

Or did he stop time completely? I don't know. embarrasment

I just remember Rune getting all the Gems in like 2 pages, all via the Time Gem lol.

Cosmic Flame
Neither Thanos nor Strange beat Moondragon with the gem. I don't know how that rumor got started. Perhaps my copy of the Infinity Abyss is flawed, but she didn't have the gem in that arc IIRC. Wasn't that after Rune had gathered all of the gems?

The problem is that Xavier has no means of protecting himself. Anyone that can resist him long enough can take him out. The real question 9to me anyway) is who has the ability to resist a non-jobbing, non-"Let's have world peace" Xavier.

Certainly no one below herald, and I doubt that most heralds would be able to. Off world, X's range is pretty damn good. Unless he's facing a speedster (which so many people herald level and up are), then he has a decent chance of defeating most TPs one on one.

Symmetric Chaos
and didn't rune stop time around each individual? or did he just just it altogether? can't recall off-hand. i hate getting old . . . sad

I don't think he could have stopped time all together with nothing but the TimeGem.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Neither Thanos nor Strange beat Moondragon with the gem. I don't know how that rumor got started. Perhaps my copy of the Infinity Abyss is flawed, but she didn't have the gem in that arc IIRC. Wasn't that after Rune had gathered all of the gems?

The problem is that Xavier has no means of protecting himself. Anyone that can resist him long enough can take him out. The real question 9to me anyway) is who has the ability to resist a non-jobbing, non-"Let's have world peace" Xavier.

Certainly no one below herald, and I doubt that most heralds would be able to. Off world, X's range is pretty damn good. Unless he's facing a speedster (which so many people herald level and up are), then he has a decent chance of defeating most TPs one on one.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/aae.jpg

first time Dr. Strange did it.
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4936/infinityabyss3of6181ff.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6769/infinityabyss3of6213qs.jpg

2nd time. http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4927/warlockandtheinfinitywayy1.jpg

Thanos owning Moonie in a tp battle.
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3219/energy4is1.jpg

Her TP has no effect on him.
http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1zc2.jpg

Ahem. Now quietly slink away and don't say a word. Because you just got owned. stick out tongue

Jebus reborn
Dr. Strange punked Moondragon twice.
Once with the Gem, once in Infinity Abyss.

Thanos punked Moondragon, god knows how many times.

Moondragon with the Gem, put X in a coma, with her gem.

Thanos mind-raped the Beyonder. He blanked out a herald of Galactus's mind, and made him his herald.

Been unaffected by Moondragon's TP, while also fighting Moon, and Phyla.

Wait... Thanos is a low level TP'er?
I guess Galactus is as well, since Thanos had a little TP battle with him, in his mind.

TricksterPriest
Beat you to the scans Bran. But yeah, that entire post was BS. yes

Nikkolas
I would expect Moondragon would put Wheels in a coma...thanks to the Mind Gem....

Nikkolas
And what's the point of bringing up anything Thanos has with Big G?

They're not even in the same galaxy in power ranges unless Big G is starving.

leonidas
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't think he could have stopped time all together with nothing but the TimeGem.

hard to say. it's why i said it depends on the aptitude we're willing to concede. in theory, the time gem SHOULD be able to stop time, if it were used to it's fullest extent.

but it never HAS been, like none of the gems have been individually. there is also the notion that individually the gems are weaker than collectively, as when they are combined they draw power from the power gem which sort of serves as the 'background' for them all. still, each in itself is said to possess 'infinite power'. but we all know how much that actually means . . .

Jebus reborn
Beat you to the scans Bran. But yeah, that entire post was BS. yes I don't post scans unless I feel the need to. That's why I barely post that many anymore.

And what's the point of bringing up anything Thanos has with Big G?

They're not even in the same galaxy in power ranges unless Big G is starving. Except I know the details of the comic.

leonidas
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
I don't post scans unless I feel the need to. That's why I barely post that many anymore.

i hear THAT loud and clear. smile

so much easier that way. wink

Utrigita
Dr. Strange punked Moondragon twice.
Once with the Gem, once in Infinity Abyss.

Thanos punked Moondragon, god knows how many times.

Moondragon with the Gem, put X in a coma, with her gem.

Thanos mind-raped the Beyonder. He blanked out a herald of Galactus's mind, and made him his herald.

Been unaffected by Moondragon's TP, while also fighting Moon, and Phyla.

Wait... Thanos is a low level TP'er?
I guess Galactus is as well, since Thanos had a little TP battle with him, in his mind.

Thanos actually restructured the Fallen One's brain at the cellular level rather than using Psionics.

All your claims about what Thanos is capable of doing doesn't change the fact that he needed Xaviar to utilize his own psionics powers.

And both these times it appears that Moondragon doesn't posesses the mindgem, and don't forget that she never managed to utilize it powers to its full capacity because of Adam having put restrictions on it so that its power couldn't be fully exploited.

I will just say again Thanos willpower is second to none and in a telepathic fight that is crucial.

And when did Thanos have a fight with Galactus???

Cosmic Flame
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/aae.jpg

first time Dr. Strange did it.
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4936/infinityabyss3of6181ff.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6769/infinityabyss3of6213qs.jpg

2nd time. http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4927/warlockandtheinfinitywayy1.jpg

Thanos owning Moonie in a tp battle.

Her TP has no effect on him.

Ahem. Now quietly slink away and don't say a word. Because you just got owned. stick out tongue
Not hardly.

Nice scans, but not very helpful.

In the first set, Dr. Strange defeats Moondragon during Infinity Abyss, but there is no gem present in those scans, which was my point.

In the second, Strange defeats Moondragon essentially because he isn't a person, per se. He's a magical construct. During that same story, didn't Warlock have trouble using a karmic blast on him? Dr. Strange and Strange are not the same.

In the end, those scans only prove my point. In both the Thanos and Dr. Strange incidents, Moondragon was overcome by someone who was able to resist her. Most TPs are not strong enough to resist Xavier on an average day, much less with the Mind Gem. That was my point from the beginning.

Jebus reborn
Thanos actually restructured the Fallen One's brain at the cellular level rather than using Psionics.

All your claims about what Thanos is capable of doing doesn't change the fact that he needed Xaviar to utilize his own psionics powers.

And both these times it appears that Moondragon doesn't posesses the mindgem, and don't forget that she never managed to utilize it powers to its full capacity because of Adam having put restrictions on it so that its power couldn't be fully exploited.

I will just say again Thanos willpower is second to none and in a telepathic fight that is crucial.

And when did Thanos have a fight with Galactus??? He made Fallen One into his herald... making him do whatever he said.
Wait, where did you get that he did this anyway?

So, all of the many other feats that rule this one feat out, automatically lose, because Thanos needed help?
Also, what you neglected to mention, was that Thanos had defeated Goddess, essentially by himself (he had the Mind Gem, but, I didn't bring it up, just telling what actually happened).

And the point of the scans are?

In Thanos's mini-series. When he used Moondragon and himself to get into Galactus's mind (it's Galactus), and Thanos then fought him.

Utrigita
He made Fallen One into his herald... making him do whatever he said.
Wait, where did you get that he did this anyway?

So, all of the many other feats that rule this one feat out, automatically lose, because Thanos needed help?
Also, what you neglected to mention, was that Thanos had defeated Goddess, essentially by himself (he had the Mind Gem, but, I didn't bring it up, just telling what actually happened).

And the point of the scans are?

In Thanos's mini-series. When he used Moondragon and himself to get into Galactus's mind (it's Galactus), and Thanos then fought him.

I know he made him his herald.

From the comic.

No it doesn't but the scans shown that I choose to post is that of moondragon without the mind gem and on top of that she couldn't even use it powers fully.

He had professors help to utilize his own psionic power before going to battle the godess.

Which moondragon with ore without the mind gem. And what happen to thanos when he fought Galactus???

Utrigita
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
In the end, those scans only prove my point. In both the Thanos and Dr. Strange incidents, Moondragon was overcome by someone who was able to resist her. Most TPs are not strong enough to resist Xavier on an average day, much less with the Mind Gem. That was my point from the beginning.

Couldn't agree more

long pig
Ah, very true about the Dr.Strange/Strange being different people. Most people wouldn't know that. Bravo for not saying he's a robot or something.

But, remember, Dr.Strange w/Eye of Agg=Pretty much immune to TP attacks.

Strange can hold X off for as long as he needs to get his eye, and the all he needs to do is walk over and punch him. The Eye is, in effect, a mind gem level TP enhancement artifact itself. Given that Strange is a more powerful telepath naturally and his telepathy is magical and works completely differently allowing him to go straight through mental barriers, he should win handily.

Utrigita
Yes telepaths generally have problems with users of magic enchantress was capable of blocking out professor Xaviars mind probe with a magical shield.

long pig
Yes telepaths generally have problems with users of magic enchantress was capable of blocking out professor Xaviars mind probe with a magical shield.
Well, yeah. That and of the three gods who power him, one is basically the "god of the mind". That's really all Agamotto is.

Hoggoth is shown as a god of wisdom and Oshtur is a god of power.

But, yeah, Strange was given Agamotto's mental powers when he recieved the eye, which makes him, imo, able to take out someone like X w/gem.

StyleTime
Is this a purely telepathic battle or is this just whoever can Xavier?

qqqqqqq
chuck norris

Cosmic Flame
Originally posted by long pig
Ah, very true about the Dr.Strange/Strange being different people. Most people wouldn't know that. Bravo for not saying he's a robot or something.

But, remember, Dr.Strange w/Eye of Agg=Pretty much immune to TP attacks.

Strange can hold X off for as long as he needs to get his eye, and the all he needs to do is walk over and punch him. The Eye is, in effect, a mind gem level TP enhancement artifact itself. Given that Strange is a more powerful telepath naturally and his telepathy is magical and works completely differently allowing him to go straight through mental barriers, he should win handily.

The other problem is that the mind gem will probably also give X TK, as it did with Moondragon. I think there are very few TPs that could exploit the gem as fully as Xavier.

Jebus reborn
I know he made him his herald.

From the comic.

No it doesn't but the scans shown that I choose to post is that of moondragon without the mind gem and on top of that she couldn't even use it powers fully.

He had professors help to utilize his own psionic power before going to battle the godess.

Which moondragon with ore without the mind gem. And what happen to thanos when he fought Galactus??? Skreet called it a brain whammy.

Wait, Moondragon couldn't use her powers fully? So using that logic, Moondragon has never been able to use her powers fully?

Yes, so I see, but what exactly does that say, since Goddess was a telepath, with the cosmic egg?
Also, Thanos wasn't wearing the machine when he blasted Goddess.
Although, it could have been the Gem, but I don't remember it destroying people... oh well.

Moondragon without the Gem. Thanos used her, and himself to project a signal to Galactus, to invite him to a mental plane, and Thanos battled him himself.
Thanos lost of course, but it's Galactus, and Thanos managed to almost submit him with a bunch of wirery things.

Nikkolas
In a pure TP battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.