What gets corrupted first: The will or the mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Everyone knows that will power and mind power are both different. But which is the stronger. Which is the first to get corrupted?

Goddess Kali
What is the difference between will power and mind power ?

Does not will power come from the mind ?

Tangible God
Hard definitions, but doesn't will power originate from the mind?

Strength of will = strength of mind?

debbiejo
maybe a better definition?

Storm
I see will power as an internal drive, the mental strength that produces conscious and intended actions... self motivation.

Mind power to me is focusing on my desires, training your mind to attract positives. An optimistic belief in yourself and your capabilities.

WrathfulDwarf
Most likely the mind. It is in a constant flux of ideas with thoughts and most likely to change overtime. So it's easier to corrupt. Will power? I don't see how that one can be corrupted. It's practically something that unlike the mind is driven by action rather than thinking.

chithappens
At the same time I am willing to argue that a weak will comes from a weak mind. A strong will can no exist in a weak mind.

I'm not sure how to distinguish the two properly

The Black Ghost
I see will as personal ambition, which we all know is easily corruptible, where the mind is simply the tool that implements it, so I vote will.

Mindship
The mind is a tool, a means to an end, like a muscle. Will is drive. Without will, neither mind nor muscle are active (this connection is just more obvious with muscle). I don't think mind and will are comparable as considered in this thread.

Symmetric Chaos
How can you corrupt will?

chithappens
I guess by destroying what a man wants to protect.

Samurai X (a Japanese OVA of Rurouni Kenshin) is a good example.

Shakyamunison
The will is a product of the mind. Therefore, that mind is what gets corrupted first.

The Black Ghost
until we get a clear defintion for both there is really no argument here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.