Jerry Falwell dead at 73

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18679412/?GT1=9155

"AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals."

Falwell often attributed political affiliation to the divine, claiming that God "is a Republican" and Jesus "was the First American."

After the September 11, 2001, attacks Falwell said on the 700 Club, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

Falwell has asserted that when The Antichrist comes, he "must be, of necessity, a Jewish male"

In the 1980s Jerry Falwell was an outspoken supporter of the Apartheid regime in South Africa.

May he rest in peace, or rot in hell.

Forgive my lack of compassion for this man, and showing proper respect now that he has died. But I'm sure if someone like Hilary Clinton or any "lefty" who supports an agenda contrary to his own, was hit by a bus before he died, he would have shown the same respect as I am showing for him.

Fishy
Good thing he is dead then... Certainly didn't happen fast enough.

chillmeistergen
Good riddance.

Robtard
Agreed, one less hate monger on the planet.

"God works in mysterious ways" and gluttony is a sin, no?

Schecter
good. rot you scumbag.

Goddess Kali
I'm so glad he's dead, but Pat Robertson is still at LARGE fear

SpaceMonkey
Ding Dong the witch is dead!!!!!!!

Ytse
Originally posted by meep-meep
Forgive my lack of compassion for this man, and showing proper respect now that he has died. But I'm sure if someone like Hilary Clinton or any "lefty" who supports an agenda contrary to his own, was hit by a bus before he died, he would have shown the same respect as I am showing for him.

Why does it matter what he would've done/said if Hilary died? Does that really have any bearing on how you feel about who Jerry Falwell is?

Schecter

Shakyamunison
Well, I guess now he knows the truth.

Devil King
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Well, I guess now he knows the truth.

ouch!

Strangelove
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Good riddance. Originally posted by Robtard
One less hate monger on the planet.Originally posted by Schecter
good. rot you scumbag.

Devil King
They keep talking about how he hasn't had any influence on the Republican party in 20 years. Way to down play the relationship now that your party can't get it's head out of it's ass.

WrathfulDwarf
R.I.P Jerry Falwell.

Too bad I won't be there see what happens when stands before the almighty.

God: "What you said about me?"

Darth_Erebus2
Another neofascist theocrat is dead, good riddance. I remember firsthand the war he waged on many of our liberties in the early 80s. Now if only the other tens of millions like him would follow suite and die too.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus2
Another neofascist theocrat is dead, good riddance. I remember firsthand the war he waged on many of our liberties in the early 80s. Now if only the other tens of millions like him would follow suite and die too.

In enough time, everyone will die, including you.

Darth_Erebus2
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
In enough time, everyone will die, including you.

The sky is blue. Water is wet. It gets dark at night

Shakyamunison

What's your point? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Schecter

not always. sometimes the sky is gray, water is frozen, and during certain times of the year in certain places on the globe the sun is up 24 hours.

Robtard
Larry Flint should give his eulogy...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Larry Flint should give his eulogy...

laughing

Starhawk

Falwell often attributed political affiliation to the divine, claiming that God "is a Republican" and Jesus "was the First American."

After the September 11, 2001, attacks Falwell said on the 700 Club, "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

Falwell has asserted that when The Antichrist comes, he "must be, of necessity, a Jewish male"

In the 1980s Jerry Falwell was an outspoken supporter of the Apartheid regime in South Africa.

I really hope this sack of s*** died painfully, I honestly hope he is suffering unimaginably in hell right now.

If I had my way his funeral would consist of everyone throwing a piece of feces on him and then throw the body in a ditch ass up.

Robtard
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9786/teletubbiestinkywinkyuj2.jpg

Robtard
Originally posted by Starhawk
I really hope this sack of s*** died painfully, I honestly hope he is suffering unimaginably in hell right now.

If I had my way his funeral would consist of everyone throwing a piece of feces on him and then throw the body in a ditch ass up.

Wow... so angry; so sexual...

Schecter

yeah? would you like that? would you pull out your junk and start whacking off?

Starhawk
No I just hope he suffered and is suffering.

Schecter
No I just hope he suffered and is suffering.

you're fantisizing about the suffering of others and enjoying it (probably even sexually from the pattern i see). that kinda makes you sadistic and evil.

Starhawk
Nope, as long as the people on the receiving end are evil.

Schecter
thus you will one day join them.

Starhawk
Nope, I only wish it upon those that deserve it. Motives are everything.

chillmeistergen
You're a 'law' student Starhawk, you're going to have to get used to evil people.

Starhawk
Yes, putting them away in jail.

chillmeistergen
Yes, putting them away in jail.

Not just the criminals Starry old chap, the judges and other lawyers too. Your career path is going to be full, of deceitful and corrupt characters.

Starhawk
I know, I'll get used to it, as long as I don't become one of them.

Alliance
I'd like to say a very small *yipee!*

Starhawk
Love your sig.

Devil King
Originally posted by Devil King
They keep talking about how he hasn't had any influence on the Republican party in 20 years. Way to down play the relationship now that your party can't get it's head out of it's ass.

If you'll notice, most flags in Washington are at half mast. But, don't forget, he hasn't had any influence in Washington in 20 years.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Ytse
Why does it matter what he would've done/said if Hilary died? Does that really have any bearing on how you feel about who Jerry Falwell is?

? What he has done and what I'm pretty sure he would have done is exactly why I feel about him the way I do.

meep-meep

I can understand that you might not like him but dang man. Cant you just be glad he isn't around anymore?

meep-meep
Nope, as long as the people on the receiving end are evil.

Jerry? I thought you died.

Robtard
If you'll notice, most flags in Washington are at half mast. But, don't forget, he hasn't had any influence in Washington in 20 years.

During the Republican Convention, only one person brought up the word "Bush"; that was only one time. They all kept reaching back and referencing Ronald Reagan for "Old Glories" sake. Like rats to a sinking ship.

Schecter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/hypnotoad.gif

Buckeroo Banzai
A great man and a great loss.

Robtard
Originally posted by Buckeroo Banzai
A great man and a great loss.

I love that movie... why'd you have to go and ruin it by using that name. I hope Peter Weller and John Lithgow "DP" you to death.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Schecter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/hypnotoad.gif

Everybody loves Hypnotoad? That show has gone down hill since season 3.

Buckeroo Banzai
I love that movie... why'd you have to go and ruin it by using that name. I hope Peter Weller and John Lithgow "DP" you to death.

I am Prof. Banzai

Devil King
They all kept reaching back and referencing Ronald Reagan for "Old Glories" sake.

You mean, the glory days of the moral majority?

Buckeroo Banzai
You mean, the glory days of the moral majority?

Those days will return, the liberal permissive society has gone to far. Would you and your wife want to bring children into this sin ridden world?

chillmeistergen
Those days will return, the liberal permissive society has gone to far. Would you and your wife want to bring children into this sin ridden world?

Go and fall down some stairs, mate.

Devil King

Oh yeah. My wife and I hope to contribute to the sin.

Not to mention that those days have never gone anywhere.

Buckeroo Banzai

Liberalism will have it's day and strong leadership will be needed to bring this world back from the brink. If judgement day were to come tommorrow the Liberals would damn us all.

Devil King
Liberalism will have it's day and strong leadership will be needed to bring this world back from the brink. If judgement day were to come tommorrow the Liberals would damn us all.

So, given your tour of hell thread in the religion forum, can we assume that Jerry Falwell is curently taking a guided tour of hell?

Buckeroo Banzai
So, given your tour of hell thread in the religion forum, can we assume that Jerry Falwell is curently taking a guided tour of hell?

I think that's unlikely as he was trying to save us.

chillmeistergen
I think that's unlikely as he was trying to save us.

Right, yeah yeah, shouldn't you be at an anti abortion or anti gay protest?

Schecter

dur

Buckeroo Banzai
dur

Robtard

By God almighty, we'll turn America back to the old'ole Reagan-Bush years!

Robtard

I don't like this one, Bring back "Tiberius"... your best to date.

Buckeroo Banzai
By God almighty, we'll turn America back to the old'ole Reagan-Bush years!

I would rather see a return to fifties values. The family and God. No divorce or Abortion.

Schecter
naaa tiberius was just funny because of the irony in theme.
humor lasts about as long as a fart in the breeze.

Buckeroo Banzai
naaa tiberius was just funny because of the irony in theme.
humor lasts about as long as a fart in the breeze.

Devil King
You've just been owned Schec....

Buckeroo Banzai
You've just been owned Schec....

Schecter
yeah, you're right. off topic.

i wonder if ol' jerry's getting skull****ed in hell? not that i would wish for such a thing, just wondering.

Devil King
yeah, you're right. off topic.

i wonder if ol' jerry's getting skull****ed in hell? not that i would wish for such a thing, just wondering.

He's getting sodomized, but he gets a reach around because he was trying to save us.

Assuming the devil can actually reach around his fat ass.

Robtard
I would rather see a return to fifties values. The family and God. No divorce or Abortion.

1) You never experienced the "50's"
2) Divorce and abortions happened in the "50's"
3) Things like "gay bashing", "racism" and "sexism" were far more acceptable back then too...

"Glory Days!"

Schecter
i think its fingercuffs for the win. would only make sense. god forbid, of course

:edit: banned lol i love watching you fail

Robtard
That was quick...

Schecter
it must be my birthday

Robtard
it must be my birthday

Happy Birth Day @sshole... wait, you're a Libra like me.

meep-meep
That makes 3 of us.

Doc Savage
Of course you can never really be banned and anyone who thinks you can is very stupid

thumb up

Robtard
That makes 3 of us.

Schecter will suck you off come September/October.

Robtard
Originally posted by Doc Savage
thumb up

So, what is the Man of Bronze's angle?

Oh, if you have time to add to this one (before the banning), would you choose a classic look of the Doc for your avatar, the updated version looks too much like Race Bannon.

meep-meep
Schecter will suck you off come September/October.

Yet another reason I should never post personal info over the web... wink

Devil King
That makes 3 of us.

Schecter
looks like i better get working on that gag reflex

Devil King
looks like i better get working on that gag reflex

and your sky miles.

debbiejo
Ok Jerry, you've been banned

Devil King
Which one of us is Jerry?

Impediment
Good riddance for no good, worthless pieces of shit. He should have been an abortion.

I hope he died on a puddle of his own excrement in agonizing pain.

Falwell, and people like him (Pat Robertson), are some of the reasons why I'm an atheist.

Larry Flynt must still be gut-laughing. hysterical

Sorgo X
*Jerry enter heaven*

Jerry: Eh Jesus, how's it hangin'?
Jesus: Not bad. You?
Jerry: Just busy ending my life as a reformed racist, biased, american fundamentalist christian and I'm comin' up here to chill with you, son.
Jesus: There's a few ... Things we need to clear up.
Jerry: Shoot.
Jesus:Well, you hate homosexuals.
Jerry: Yup.
Jesus: Abortionists too.
Jerry: Yup.
Jesus: And ... You stated that my pops used AIDS to ward off homosexuals from the earth?
Jerry: Yeah ... *Snickers* I like that one.
Jesus: Do you enjoy segregation? And be honest, Jerry 'ol pal!
Jerry: Ooooooooohhhhh, alright. I have a weakness. I love it!
Jesus: Then I'll segregate you into hell!
Jerry: Wait, wha'?

Fin/

debbiejo
Which one of us is Jerry? Falwell! God banned him from the earth. He was a naughty boy. Hope he's not buried in Pet Sematary and returns as a SOCK! eek!

Starhawk
Originally posted by Impediment
Good riddance for no good, worthless pieces of shit. He should have been an abortion.

I hope he died on a puddle of his own excrement in agonizing pain.

Falwell, and people like him (Pat Robertson), are some of the reasons why I'm an atheist.

Larry Flynt must still be gut-laughing. hysterical

Thank you for that, I still say his grave should be filled with feces instead of dirt.

They should go and protest at his funeral the way his kind protested when a gay person died.

Robtard
Thank you for that, I still say his grave should be filled with feces instead of dirt.

They should go and protest at his funeral the way his kind protested when a gay person died.

Maybe we should force convicted felons to sodomize his corpse in some necrophiliac orgy before your fecal games begin, or during?

-

Anyhow.... Larry had a few words to say:
http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah5356.shtml

Larry Flynt On Jerry Falwell: Hustler Lawsuit Revisited On Day Of Rival's Death
LYNCHBURG, Va (May 15, 2007) -- The Rev. Jerry Falwell, the folksy, small-town preacher who used the power of television to found the Moral Majority and turn the Christian right into a mighty force in American politics during the Reagan years, died Tuesday at 73.

One of Falwell's most memorable opponents was Hustler kingpin Larry Flynt, who had a very public legal battle with the Reverend over freedom of speech rights.

At the heart of the case was a satirical ad that ran in Hustler in 1983with the headline "Jerry Falwell Talks About His First Time," in which the magazine described a drunken Falwell having an incestuous encounter with his mother.

Falwell sued Flynt, alleging libel and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

However, the Supreme Court ruled that a public figure could not recover damages over distress based on satire under the umbrella of free speech.

Upon hearing of his death, Flynt released the following statement to Access Hollywood:

"The Reverend Jerry Falwell and I were arch enemies for fifteen years. We became involved in a lawsuit concerning First Amendment rights and Hustler magazine. Without question, this was my most important battle – the l988 Hustler Magazine, Inc., v. Jerry Falwell case, where after millions of dollars and much deliberation, the Supreme Court unanimously ruled in my favor.

My mother always told me that no matter how much you dislike a person, when you meet them face to face you will find characteristics about them that you like. Jerry Falwell was a perfect example of that. I hated everything he stood for, but after meeting him in person, years after the trial, Jerry Falwell and I became good friends. He would visit me in

California and we would debate together on college campuses. I always appreciated his sincerity even though I knew what he was selling and he knew what I was selling.

The most important result of our relationship was the landmark decision from the Supreme Court that made parody protected speech, and the fact that much of what we see on television and hear on the radio today is a direct result of my having won that now famous case which Falwell played such an important role in."

Falwell is survived by his wife, Macel, his two sons and a daughter, Jeannie Falwell Savas. Funeral arrangements were not immediately known.

Starhawk
I'm just saying this bastard deserve to be laid to rest in some humiliating way.

Robtard
I'm just saying this bastard deserve to be laid to rest in some humiliating way.

He's dead; he can no longer cause any harm with his hateful rhetoric. Let it go.

ragesRemorse
Im really going to miss this guy. He made for some great entertainment.

smoker4

You if feel the same as fishy then yes you lack compassion.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starhawk
This bastard has caused so much pain and suffering and promoted such hate, he does not deserve a proper burial.

ragesRemorse
everyone deserves a proper burial

Starhawk
I disagree, this bastard does not.

ragesRemorse
I disagree, this bastard does not.

laughing out loud ok, diddnt know you were that serious

Starhawk
Seriously, guys like him turned me and the people I know against organized religion(LOL that and the fact that it's all based on fairytales)

ragesRemorse
(LOL that and the fact that it's all based on fairytales)

just had to go the extra mile huh

Robtard
This bastard has caused so much pain and suffering and promoted such hate, he does not deserve a proper burial.

"caused so much pain and suffering..." Now, are those facts or are you talking out of your ass again?

Schecter
i wonder what laws need to be passed right this second to prevent another jerry falwell. TO KINKOS!!!!

xmarksthespot
I think I'd like a source for that. Maybe some scans.

Starhawk
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
just had to go the extra mile huh

Yup, I still want to make the church of Skeebol, the 60 foot carrot that farted the universe into existence. It's just a plausible as the bible. LOL

Schecter
"caused so much pain and suffering..." Now, are those facts or are you talking out of your ass again?

actually its both. ill explain later

xmarksthespot
It's relatively annoying when people "LOL" at themselves as if they're funny or witty, when they don't fall into either category.

Starhawk
X are you just going to troll?

Yup, I still want to make the church of Skeebol, the 60 foot carrot that farted the universe into existence. It's just a plausible as the bible. LOL

xmarksthespot
Are you going to provide the scans you said you would provide "today" 5+ days ago or are you content being a liar, liar?

Starhawk
Again are you just going to keep trolling?

Schecter
the only troll in this thread is you

chillmeistergen
Again are you just going to keep trolling?

Are you going to keep lying?

xmarksthespot
How about you answer my question, Eclipso? And then I'll answer yours.

Oh, and "LOL." Micromanaging your own threads is one thing, trying to micromanage another person's thread? Priceless.

Starhawk
the only troll in this thread is you

No I post on the topic, if you want a thread where you can just b*tch and moan without any topic, then go to the OTF.

Schecter
No I post on the topic, if you want a thread where you can just b*tch and moan without any topic, then go to the OTF.

you're a liar, a coward, and a hack. everyone knows it. cry.

chillmeistergen

This is on topic I suppose?

Starhawk
Yes since he was the leader of the religous right.

Schecter
LOL I see people are still impatient, Ill try to have those scans by the end of the day.

chillmeistergen
Yes since he was the leader of the religous right.

Well some would say you were offending Christians. Yet when we call you a liar, which, you are, you have a problem with it.

Starhawk
Calling me that is a personal attack which is bashing. Me stating that I don't believe in Religion or the bible is not.

Schecter
you stating that religion is a fairy tale is off topic and trolling. but you know that.

xmarksthespot
All the while proclaiming your sexual proclivities towards scat, LiarSquawk. I don't think scat is on topic. 313

Badabing
Wow to many of the posts in this thread. blink I can understand disagreeing with the man's view on many social issues but some of the tasteless and classless vitriol spewed is shocking. He had faults as we all do but he's done a lot of charitable work and has helped people in need. Disagreeing with a person's social/political views should not be reason to spit and piss on their grave. I for one don't think it's any person's place to condemn another person to Hell the way he did at times but it's his Right to free Speech.

Starhawk
you stating that religion is a fairy tale is off topic and trolling. but you know that.

It's not off topic at all as he was the leader of the religious right.

Schecter
It's not off topic at all as he was the leader of the religious right.

the topic is not christianity. you insult all christians and attack their beliefs because someone manipulates a group stupid people who happen to also be christian. you're trolling and playing strawman tactics.

xmarksthespot
the topic is not christianity. you insult all christians and attack their beliefs because someone manipulates a group stupid people who happen to also be christian. you're trolling and playing strawman tactics. Don't forget he's also the Scatman.

Starhawk
No, he is the leader of the religious right, people attacked me for having a problem with him and the religious right, so I was giving my reasons.

Schecter
No, he is the leader of the religious right, people attacked me for having a problem with him and the religious right, so I was giving my reasons.

most christians do not subscribe to the beliefs of the 'moral majority' thats the name of the organisation he headed, not the entire religious right. you'd know that if you researched half as much as you ran your mouth.

Schecter
also this:

Seriously, guys like him turned me and the people I know against organized religion(LOL that and the fact that it's all based on fairytales)

this is trolling against all religion. not just christianity
you fail

get thee to kinkos yipyap

Starhawk
most christians do not subscribe to the beliefs of the 'moral majority' thats the name of the organisation he headed, not the entire religious right. you'd know that if you researched half as much as you ran your mouth.

Actually, the majority of religion sides with the religious right that have observed when their reps appear on political shows.

Schecter
Actually, the majority of religion sides with the religious right that have observed when their reps appear on political shows.

you have no idea what the **** your talking about. clown

Starhawk
See you can't give a mature response.

Schecter
you've said nothing to warrant one.

Starhawk
Wow ego much? When you respond to someone's points with childish insults, it just gives the appearance that you couldn't come up with anything and acted out of frustration and had to compensate with insults.

Schecter
Wow ego much? When you respond to someone's points with childish insults, it just gives the appearance that you couldn't come up with anything and acted out of frustration and had to compensate with insults.

"waaaa he was evil

waaaaaaaa i want to see his body desecrated

WAAAAAAAAAAAA all religion is just fairy tales

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA why is everyone calling me a stupid clown shoe troll?

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Starhawk
And you just proved my point.

Schecter
And you just proved my point.

lol

fail

Starhawk
You continue to prove me right.

Schecter
yeah,just because you say so, yipyap

Starhawk
No because of what you say and how you say it.

Schecter
No because of what you say and how you say it.

so now the topic is your pissing and crying?

Starhawk
You continue to prove me right.

Devil King

I'm pretty sure that's just another example of your pissing and crying.

You're almost as funny as Larry the Cable Guy.

Starhawk
No just trying to show how childish PVS is. Seriously are you defending Fahwell?

Schecter
lol

botankus
Hey, I didn't know who the guy was, but this is more of an FYI: On Monday, on my way to Lexington, Virginia, I passed by Liberty University. On Wednesday I passed by Liberty again on the way home, but all the scrolling marquees, signage, and TV news crews were there. Okay, that's my story.

debbiejo
Nice story, can I tell mine?

botankus
Okay, I'm ready. I hope.

debbiejo
I found out on KMC.....It's really sad isn't ?

This is my only source of news........

botankus
That's more than really sad, Debs.

I'm still waiting for the "old guy beat-down in Detroit" thread so I can insert the following statement:

"I'm sure glad the assailant wasn't white and the victim black, because I'd hate for Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson to have to come off of vacation."

debbiejo
Well I"d rather be oblivious to it all. It's called therapy.. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts...happy

Schecter
Originally posted by botankus
That's more than really sad, Debs.

I'm still waiting for the "old guy beat-down in Detroit" thread so I can insert the following statement:

"I'm sure glad the assailant wasn't white and the victim black, because I'd hate for Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson to have to come off of vacation."

evil face

smoker4
No just trying to show how childish PVS is. Seriously are you defending Fahwell?

If Fahwell was buried at kinkos would that make you get those scans?

Schecter
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

wait...i think you just proved him right again....somehow

brainchild81

Forgive my lack of compassion for this man, and showing proper respect now that he has died. But I'm sure if someone like Hilary Clinton or any "lefty" who supports an agenda contrary to his own, was hit by a bus before he died, he would have shown the same respect as I am showing for him. I was glad to see him gone before I read this. I didn't know he was for Apartheid. Now I'm extra glad this @sshole is worm chowbig grin

smoker4
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

wait...i think you just proved him right again....somehow

Oh S**t, To the Batmobile!

http://www.bdasites.com/fedexcollection/assets/product_images/100560_s.JPG

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>