Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
I couldn't find this anywhere on Search...

So let's check it out.

Sith vs. Sith

First fight is a lightsaber duel on Mustafar.

Then an all-out fight on the Second Death Star.

kiddo44
Ulic was right there with Exar, Ulic would no question win both.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by kiddo44
Ulic was right there with Exar, Ulic would no question win both.

Co-signed

Darth_Glentract
^Agreed.

darthsith19
Ulic wins the saber fight with a bit of difficulty and wins the all-out fight with but minimal difficulty.

No, if you added someone else to Maul's side... say, Mighella, or AOTC Kenobi or something...

vader11
Maul loses.

Riverollv
Maul goes down

Darth Volter
Maul most likely loses but hes got a tiny little bit of chance, id say

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by Nikkolas
I couldn't find this anywhere on Search...

So let's check it out.

Sith vs. Sith

First fight is a lightsaber duel on Mustafar.

Then an all-out fight on the Second Death Star. The only chance Maul has on Mustafar is if he can kick Mr. Droma off of an observation deck but it would certainly be a fluke. It seems impossible for maul to win in the second fight.

jollyjim311
I'll be the odd man out and say Maul.

Originally posted by jollyjim311
Maul:
* Nearly bested Sidious.
* Was confident he could beat any member of the Jedi order
* Could spin his lightsaber so fast (in combat) that it looked and was as effective as a shield.
* "Mastered the lightsaber."
* Was put through the most rigorous training (such as having to survive by himself against a legion of assassin droids, who I doubt let him sleep).
* Was one of the most deadly Sith apprentices ever.
* Had "far superior darkside knowledge" than Mighella.
* Knew and used Teras Kasi.
* Was fast enough to dodge an explosion even when he only had "a microsecond" to dodge it
* Was trained by Darth Sidious.
* Defeated Anoon Bondara, whose "skills were second to none" quite easily.
* Defeated an energized Qui Gon, who was the best duelist Obi Wan had ever seen and was on par with TPM Mace in 30 seconds flat, and after having to fight both him and Obi Wan (who was Knighted the next day), while injured.
* Was from a group of Sith who were the most powerful ever seen.

I can post more or go into more depth if you want.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I'll be the odd man out and say Maul.

I can post more or go into more depth if you want.

That'd be great.

Maul:
* Nearly bested Sidious.

Not really. Sidious was far superior to him in anycase.

* Was confident he could beat any member of the Jedi order

You've proven he was arrogant. So what?

* Could spin his lightsaber so fast (in combat) that it looked and was as effective as a shield.

Even padawans use their sabers as a shield. Point?

* "Mastered the lightsaber."

But to what degree? Every Jedi masters it to some extent.

* Was put through the most rigorous training (such as having to survive by himself against a legion of assassin droids, who I doubt let him sleep).

He iss tough. So is Ulic.

* Was one of the most deadly Sith apprentices ever.

So was Ulic.

* Had "far superior darkside knowledge" than Mighella.

Than a Nightsister who didn't even know what the Force really was. So what? It puts him no where near as strong as Ulic.
* Knew and used Teras Kasi.

So what? It ain't gonna help him much in a saber fight.
* Was fast enough to dodge an explosion even when he only had "a microsecond" to dodge it

Do you expect there to be explosions during the fight?

* Was trained by Darth Sidious.

So?

* Defeated Anoon Bondara, whose "skills were second to none" quite easily.

"second to none" is hyperbole. It was a notable victory, but nothing to indicate that he'd defeat Ulic.
* Defeated an energized Qui Gon, who was the best duelist Obi Wan had ever seen and was on par with TPM Mace in 30 seconds flat, and after having to fight both him and Obi Wan (who was Knighted the next day), while injured.

Is this supposed to make him better than Ulic?

* Was from a group of Sith who were the most powerful ever seen.

Did you come up with this yourself? Cause it's wrong. TPM Sidious and Maul aren't the most powerful group of Sith ever. DE Sidious and Luke are the most powerful group. ROTJ Sidious and Vader are more powerful too. Same with ROTS Sidious and Dooku. And Lumiya and Jacen. And Exar and Ulic. There are others.

So you have no argument for Maul winning.

Gideon
Glentract, what Jollyjim means is that Maul spun his lightsaber so fast is that it essentially became an energy shield. And as far as 'the most powerful Sith ever seen', the dark side was the strongest with Sidious and his apprentices. It achieved an unprecedented state of dominance based on quotes from Labyrinth of Evil, Revenge of the Sith, and Rise of Darth Vader.

Allankles
Maul wins.

Better saber duelist. Resourceful force user. Was trained specifically to be a wrecking ball. Mentored by the greatest Sith Lord etc.

Plus Ulic hasn't demonstrated force power that would overwhelm Maul. Remember that Maul could withstand a direct blast of force lightning.

Please don't bring up TPM, he was clearly arrogant with Obi Wan and payed the price for it. When focused, he handled Qui Gon pretty impressively.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.