Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Alright, so basically I've been curious about this series and I've been wondering if it's worth reading or not.

What's it like?

Is it good?

Discuss.

cool

Buckeroo Banzai
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Alright, so basically I've been curious about this series and I've been wondering if it's worth reading or not.

What's it like?

Is it good?

Discuss.

cool

Brilliant, the best stories in my opinion are not the big Opus ones but the Hob Gadling and Shakespeare stories, The midsummer nights dream one is just beautiful. The best story arc is probably "The Dolls House". The serial (cereal you'll get the joke) convention is sickening and hilarious. Damn, i've noted how you are trying to raise the quality of comics discussed here. Admirable stuff.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Buckeroo Banzai
Brilliant, the best stories in my opinion are not the big Opus ones but the Hob Gadling and Shakespeare stories, The midsummer nights dream one is just beautiful. The best story arc is probably "The Dolls House". The serial (cereal you'll get the joke) convention is sickening and hilarious. Damn, i've noted how you are trying to raise the quality of comics discussed here. Admirable stuff.

Cool! So that's one recommendation. I'm one step closer to actually checking it out. smile

And thanks, man. I do what I can.

Galan007
Sandman is an awesome acr.

"Sandman vol. 4: Season of Mists" is a favorite of mine.

DigiMark007
Yeah, the art is...interesting sometimes. But the writing is as good as any great literary work.

Big Sexy
Great series even though how tragic Dream is as a character. I agree with Galan Season of the mist is probably the best volume. The gathering of all the deities for the key to hell was one my favorite scenes.

Loot
Watchmen and Sandman are my favorite comic books.
they are masterpieces

Endless Mike
Personally I liked Lucifer better

DigiMark007
Watchmen was like the Godfather series for me: I have to admit it's a brilliant acheivement, but it didn't strike anything personal within me. Personally, I liked V For Vendetta better, though on an intellectual level I can admit that Watchmen is the greater work.

But Sandman was both personally touching and literarily stunning. I'm actually not through the whole series (I'm up through...that Inn that's in a time vortex or somesuch), but it's easily one of the greatest literary sagas I've been priveleged to encounter.

Galan007
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I agree with Galan Season of the mist is probably the best volume. The gathering of all the deities for the key to hell was one my favorite scenes. yes thumb up

Dream's journey to Hell was an excellent part of the story as well.

DigiMark007
My favorite arc was "Brief Lives" though there were random incidents from the earlier ones that I loves as well.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Galan007
yes thumb up

Dream's journey to Hell was an excellent part of the story as well. Both were great. What stood out to me was how,"Each deity had their own hidden agenda". Some were lying, and some even planned to attack Dream. Even Odin was scheming on Dream and resorted to releasing Loki even though he couldn't be trusted.

Galan007
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Both were great. What stood out to me was how,"Each deity had their own hidden agenda". Some were lying, and some even planned to attack Dream. Even Odin was scheming on Dream and resorted to releasing Loki even though he couldn't be trusted. That was great...

If I remember correctly, weren't the Angels the only characters who had no other agenda then just to observe?

Rick/Genis
I Cried at the End..... if that says ANYTHING...

Seasons of mist was Great..... then I think I like Either Worlds End or Fables and Reflections the best....

My least favorite was The Kindly Ones do to the art.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Galan007
That was great...

If I remember correctly, weren't the Angels the only characters who had no other agenda then just to observe? Yeah, Funny considering how it ended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.