Point Break 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
Nope it isnt a joke.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20408

Peter Iliff Helming Point Break 2
Source: Variety
May 15, 2007

Peter Iliff (Patriot Games) will write and direct Point Break 2, a 20 years later sequel to the surfing crime thriller that he co-wrote in 1987 and was a hit for Largo Entertainment in 1991.

Variety says the new film will be set in Southeast Asia and uncover the fate of the surfers' leader Bodhi who was supposedly killed by a giant wave. The action follows a surfer-turned-SEAL on the trail of a criminal gang. Locations being scouted include Indonesia and Singapore.

The film is being set up by Singapore-Australian talent management and production firm RGM Entertainment as a $20 million-$30 million independent production.

Production schedule sees filming starting by the end of current year with delivery for late 2008. RGM's CEO Devesh Chetty said casting will include English-language and Asian male leads and Asian female love interest.

ragesRemorse
sounds like a TnT original movie laughing

Smasandian
I loved Point Break.

It was soo campy....but I loved it. Something I would watch every year or so when I'm tired and just feel like crashing on the couch.

As for a sequel, if Swayze aint in it...no point.

exanda kane
Aww christ.

I loved the original, but this...dangerous terriotory.

MildPossession
Didn't think much of the original, so will not be rushing to see the second movie, but will be nice to see the Singapore locations.

forumcrew
they already did it as a remake with cars and called it fast and the furious.

Solo
Gimme some Keanu and Swayze and I won't have a problem.

The Hawk
Bad idea... the original was classic, shouldnt mess with it.

Smasandian
It wasnt an classic.

Not even an cult classic.

I would say one of those movies where you watch when your extremely bored, but not ready to go to bed and you happen to catch it on TBS, or some other guy network station.

=Tired Hiker=
Anthony Keidis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers was the bomb in Point Break! He was the guy who gets his foot blown off by a shot gun in the house they raid.

Solo
Originally posted by Smasandian
It wasnt an classic.

Not even an cult classic.

How would you define classic?

phillymax
Bohdi or bust. Although Swayze is looking kind of haggard lately.

Smasandian
I cant.

But when people talk about movies and great ones, how many times have you seen anybody even mention Point Break in those discussions, let alone mention it in terms of being cult classics.

filmser
It's certainly classic camp. The kind of movie you know isn't great, but can't stop watching anyway. I kind of hate Lori Petty, but Swayze... ohhhhh Swayze.

The Hawk
The movie made 83 million bucks and was box office smash... Obviously it had a following. All I know is me and my friends all know Point Break.. I even have PB on my myspace friends list...lol

Its definitly a cult classic.

Smasandian
Still, dont consider it as an classic.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by filmser
It's certainly classic camp. The kind of movie you know isn't great, but can't stop watching anyway. I kind of hate Lori Petty, but Swayze... ohhhhh Swayze.

Even then I thought Lori Petty was kinda ugly for a lead romantic interest. As for the classic part I agree that it really isnt but 7-10 is on TBS I cant stop watching it.

The Hawk
Originally posted by Smasandian
Still, dont consider it as an classic.
Gee, thats great.

History Buff
This sounds like a teeeeeeeeerible idea!

Smasandian
Originally posted by The Hawk
Gee, thats great.

Gee, it made 83 million dollars at the box office and your friends remember Point Break.

Totally makes that an cult classic.

wuTa
I would defintely say its a cult classic. Some people think it's a great movie (ala classic) but more people than not probally think its just an "ok" movie (ala cult). But that's just my take on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.