Ryo Sakazaki vs Sagat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
King had finally gotten her revenge.

Adon had became full of himself and left himself wide open, allowing King to nail him with the Illusion Dance, punting Adon out of the ring and into the audience.

But King's victory comes with a cost. She has a dislocated shoulder and a hyperextended wrist, which will put her out of action for several months.

This match doesn't go unnoticed. In Thailand, Sagat hears about Adon's defeat and can't help but to laugh. He had already redeemed himself by defeating Adon some months earlier and his defeat at the hands of King is the final nail in the proverbial coffin.

He comes to Southtown to answer a challenge from one of the fighters there. Standing at a massive 7'3", he is the odd man out. The challenger in question is Ryuji Yamazaki, who had thrashed by Sagat months earlier and once again, is no match for the Muay Thai Emperor.

Ryo, however, sees this as an impressive opportunity for the Kyokugenryu School. After Sagat gets through with Yamazaki, Yuri approaches Sagat with a message from her brother.

"My brother wishes to fight you in a match one week from now," Yuri says, obviously imtimidated by the mountain of muscle.

"Tell you brother I accept the challenge," Sagat replies.

The battle is set in Southtown's Chinatown District. Even Takuma has to question his son's sanity in challenging a veteran of Sagat's caliber.

Sure enough, Sagat arrives. Clad in his white-and-red shorts, the former Street Fighter champion is ready for a fight. But so is Ryo Sakazaki.

Will the Boisterous Tiger dethrone the Emperor? Or will Ryo be another victory before Sagat's long-awaited rematch with Ryu?

Sado22
Ryo is definitely faster than Sagat. he has moves the travel across the screen in a blur, his combination of blows is amazing, he has projectiles that are even bigger than Sagat and are extremely fast and he has a one hit punch that can easily kill an opponent if connected. A mere Koo-ken by Ryo sent the legendary Terry Bogard 20foot across the screen before collapsing agaisnt a sign (and no doubt Terry would have gone away flying even more) and koo-ken is FAR from his stronest move. on top of all that ryo has power. he has ariel projectiles, and his koo-ho uppercut has one of the highest priorities. he can levitate people with a barrage of extremely fast and extremely powerful blows (zanretsuzan)

Sagat has massive power and impressive speed for a guy his size. he has two level projectiles that is extremely FAST and he has an uppercut with massive priority too. he has a solid chin going so far as to thrash Psycho ryu who is comparable to Evil ryu.

I see this one becoming a fight over distance. Given Sagat's long limbs, Ryo (given his courage) would opt for an infight where Sagat would have trouble defending himself at close quarters since his limps are too long. Ryo would have to watch for those knees though....but then he has his reversals and parrying to take care of that. in fact, Ryo is an expert at weaving and dodging as shown in his MI2 prologue. also zanretsuzan can act as a parrying counter and so can his qcb+punch move from KoF99 onwards. his most powerful move, the ichigekihissatsu, is fast and quick on start up and he can easily connect it on Sagat given the guy's massive frame.

this will be a great fight and I see a bloody and battered Ryo finaly put away Sagat with a surprise ichigekihissatsu. Ryo wins.

Ryo takes it 7/10....or actualy make it 6/10.
Mr. Karate. 9/10.

~The Invincible Sado-sama

shin_remy
you only choose sides on who you like

Sado22
I could just turn around and say you're supporting Sagat cuz he's from SF. and i give reasons, remy. I've yet to see you give a reason.

~The Fair and Just Sado-sama

Emperor Ashtar
Sagat kills him

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Sado22
I could just turn around and say you're supporting Sagat cuz he's from SF. and i give reasons, remy. I've yet to see you give a reason.

~The Fair and Just Sado-sama

Agrees to that.

Emperor Ashtar
Here's my assessment of the fight

Range Attacks/ Projectiles: Sagat obviously has this since his limbs are so long and he's one of if not the best projectile character in Street Fighter.

Ryo's projectiles are nothing too special, at most they are simply bigger which doesn't mean much. Size =/= Damage besides his Hoashishoken couldn't even knock out a women, that's just plain Sad.

Power: Ryo has a rooted stance, Sagat has incredible muscle mass backed up by Muat Thai. He killed an opponent with his blows, that's more than I can say for Ryo.

Not to mention his Rush techniques are difficult to supress.

Experience: Sagat. . .I shouldn't really have to elaborate on this.

Durability: Survived a Metsu Shoryuken. . .

I mean I don't seew hat Ryo has here, even Sagat from Street Fighter one could kill Ryo.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar

Range Attacks/ Projectiles: Sagat obviously has this since his limbs are so long and he's one of if not the best projectile character in Street Fighter.

Ryo's projectiles are nothing too special, at most they are simply bigger which doesn't mean much. Size =/= Damage besides his Hoashishoken couldn't even knock out a women, that's just plain Sad.

Power: Ryo has a rooted stance, Sagat has incredible muscle mass backed up by Muat Thai. He killed an opponent with his blows, that's more than I can say for Ryo.

I mean I don't seew hat Ryo has here, even Sagat from Street Fighter one could kill Ryo.

Thats a good assessment.

King Nothing
Sagat, by a bit of a long shot.

Emperor Ashtar
I forgot to add, before anyone brings up certain arguments I already have counters for them.

1. Sagat lost to Adon, who Ryo could beat.

A: Yeah, an un-focused out of character Sagat was defeated by Adon. After which, Adon was hospitalized for four months whilst Sagat was busy kicking random fighters asses.

Sagat was not himself when he lost he was pissed off and we all know how anger clouds the judgement. Not to mention he still managed to send Adon to the hospital while he was pretty much fine.

Never mind that Adon was Sagat's student, and I'm pretty sure he knows how he fights. Sagat is not unfocused in this match, So, I don't wanna have to address this common argument. Besides, ryo had a hard time with a women.

2. King Survived because she's durable, not because Ryo's weak. Besides, couldn't we ay the same about Ryu being weak because Hugo and Sagat survived his best moves?

No, because Hugo and Sagat survived the Strongest moves in the Street Fighter Universe. Unless hoashishoken is the Strongest move in AOF/FF that point is moot.

Anyone who's played alpha 3 should realise that Metsu Shoryuken is a prototype for Shin-Shoryuken. The only possible diiference is that one uses Satsu No Hadou and is designed to kill while the other is very powerful and isn't designed to kill, But can.

Also, take into account that Shin-Shoryu-Ken is used by current Ryu who rivals his Satsu no Hadou counter part in power. So, assuming they are the same move ( Since they pretty much look exactly the same) we could roughly put them in the same power tier. Personally, I would put Metsu Shoryuken a little higher snce it bruns you as a side-effect and is designed to kill.

shin_remy
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Agrees to that.

STFU

shin_remy

exactly!!! well said emp

Emperor Ashtar
Can we stop the flames, it's exactly what's killing game versus. I'm guessing that most of us are adults here despite the fact were doing the most un-adult of things I.E. Debating which video game character can defeat who. Do we have to make it worst by swearing and cussin' at each other because we are in disagreement of a such a trivial thing?

I swear some of us want to get into fights just because of such small things:

Grown man #1: Man Ryu can totally kill Terry
Grown man #2: Nah mane, Terry never loses and has heart
Grown man #1: Dude, Ryu's like a martial arts master, he know's kung fu n' shit. He'll kill Ryu with one hadouken
Grown man # 2: Nah mane, your fu*kig idiot, terry cannot lose, so, how?
Grown man#1: Dude, Ryu can just jump into space and blow up whatever country Terry's in
Grown man#2: Dude, Terry beat Geese who can controls stroms with his chi and Geese survived a fall from a million feet and came back. . . Dude your dumb if you disagree
Grown man#1: Man who you callin' dumb!
Grown man# 2: You, I'll fu*k you up!

shin_remy
too be honest people laugh at me when i tell when i'm on a ''games verus'' forum

P-Geyser
Can we stop the flames, it's exactly what's killing game versus. I'm guessing that most of us are adults here despite the fact were doing the most un-adult of things I.E. Debating which video game character can defeat who. Do we have to make it worst by swearing and cussin' at each other because we are in disagreement of a such a trivial thing?

Grown man #1: Dude, Ryu's like a martial arts master, he know's kung fu n' shit. He'll kill Ryu with one hadouken
Grown man#1big grinude, Ryu can just jump into space and blow up whatever country Terry's in
Grown man#2: Dude, Terry beat Geese who can controls stroms with his chi and Geese survived a fall from a million feet and came back. . . Dude your dumb if you disagree
Grown man# 2: You, I'll fu*k you up!

Your right emp, I was actually about to curse the hell outta remy looking at his lastest post to me. So I will keep my cool with him. Thats a pretty funny statement.

Emperor Ashtar
I mean I know I'm not one to talk since I have a short temper as well. But, I always thought it was dumb to flames someone over an opinion. You do not have to agree, But damn. . .

Now let's just chill and laugh:

SJDnMDJVWmQ

P-Geyser
Yep I told you that was my problem. Normally I hate to directly call someone names instead I curse at them meaning "who the **** are you talking to" and stuff like that. Though when some one tells me to STFU with just making a little a agreement to a statement, it kind of really tightens my lip.

P-Geyser
Now let's just chill and laugh:

SJDnMDJVWmQ

laughing I am down wit that.

Emperor Ashtar
1TXi-1AuY3Q

This is hilarious. . .

shin_remy
Yep I told you that was my problem. Normally I hate to directly call someone names instead I curse at them meaning "who the **** are you talking to" and stuff like that. Though when some one tells me to STFU with just making a little a agreement to a statement, it kind of really tightens my lip.

go ahead!

i'm still right

you and sado supports the characters you like

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by shin_remy

And, you don't, c'mon Remy. . .were all guilty of that at some point in time.

Sado22
Thank you, emperor.

if you're talking about tiger versus kooken then I agree. Sagat's regular projectiles seem faster to me than Ryo's.
Hoahshikoken, however, turns the tide in his favor IMO since its really big and really fast, especially the SDM version of it. i know, size isnt everything but when a screen filling projectiles comes like a blur at you, then you have a reason to worry.

also, true that Sagat has longer reach but Ryo isn't a dumbass either. I alreayd went over Ryo's moves and how they have a fast pick up. all his strongest moves are done with very little pick up time.

emperor...you sexist pig! mad
stick out tongue
i mentioned this before to people, by the way, that Ryo only mastered the haohshikoken in his fight agasint Takuma. that was the first time he pulled it of or atleast got it right at any rate. even in-game, Takuma remarks that Ryo can only beat him if he masters the "haohken". so either Ryo did a weak version of haoshikoken to King........or he didn't do it to her at all and just ripped her shirt with a koo-ken instead.
either way, the fact that he pwned a hightier of his series (as much as you hate her, King really is one of the high tiers of AoF universe going so far as to stalemate against Robert) with a really weak version of his move speaks for itself. also Ryo was about to kill takuma with the haohshikoken hadn't yuri interfered.

Ryo was about to kill Mr. Karate with the haoshikoken but yuri stepped in. One year later, even someone like Geese had to run away when Ryo was about to do the haohshikoken.
not to mention that his finisher, the ichigekihissatsu is literally a one-hit kill move....as the name suggests.

no arguments there. should be mentioned though that Ryo did cancel out and overwhelm Geese while Geese was pulling off his Deadly Rave. Ryo literally cancelled him out with his ryukurenbu and put the hurt on Geese.

agreed. btw, any idea how old sagat is? Ryu is 22 in SF1, 23 in SFA2, 25 in SFA3, 28 in SF2 and 33 in SF3. what abotu Sagat?

Survived his fight against Mr. Big and Takuma, back to back. and it was Mr. Karate and he was going all out. Takuma wasn't holding back since he knew Yuri's life would come to an end were he to lose (lucky for him she managed to escape).

depends which Ryo it is, really.

~Sado

King Nothing

I mean I don't seew hat Ryo has here, even Sagat from Street Fighter one could kill Ryo. Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
I forgot to add, before anyone brings up certain arguments I already have counters for them.

1. Sagat lost to Adon, who Ryo could beat.

A: Yeah, an un-focused out of character Sagat was defeated by Adon. After which, Adon was hospitalized for four months whilst Sagat was busy kicking random fighters asses.

Sagat was not himself when he lost he was pissed off and we all know how anger clouds the judgement. Not to mention he still managed to send Adon to the hospital while he was pretty much fine.

Never mind that Adon was Sagat's student, and I'm pretty sure he knows how he fights. Sagat is not unfocused in this match, So, I don't wanna have to address this common argument. Besides, ryo had a hard time with a women.

2. King Survived because she's durable, not because Ryo's weak. Besides, couldn't we ay the same about Ryu being weak because Hugo and Sagat survived his best moves?

No, because Hugo and Sagat survived the Strongest moves in the Street Fighter Universe. Unless hoashishoken is the Strongest move in AOF/FF that point is moot.

Anyone who's played alpha 3 should realise that Metsu Shoryuken is a prototype for Shin-Shoryuken. The only possible diiference is that one uses Satsu No Hadou and is designed to kill while the other is very powerful and isn't designed to kill, But can.

Also, take into account that Shin-Shoryu-Ken is used by current Ryu who rivals his Satsu no Hadou counter part in power. So, assuming they are the same move ( Since they pretty much look exactly the same) we could roughly put them in the same power tier. Personally, I would put Metsu Shoryuken a little higher snce it bruns you as a side-effect and is designed to kill. Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar

Grown man#1: Dude, Ryu can just jump into space and blow up whatever country Terry's in
Grown man# 2: You, I'll fu*k you up! clapI am so proud of you!

Emperor Ashtar

if you're talking about tiger versus kooken then I agree. Sagat's regular projectiles seem faster to me than Ryo's.
Hoahshikoken, however, turns the tide in his favor IMO since its really big and really fast, especially the SDM version of it. i know, size isnt everything but when a screen filling projectiles comes like a blur at you, then you have a reason to worry.

No, actually I agree about the hoashishoken. It's a very powerful projectile, but to what degree is unknown.

also, true that Sagat has longer reach but Ryo isn't a dumbass either. I alreayd went over Ryo's moves and how they have a fast pick up. all his strongest moves are done with very little pick up time.

Well, that's really more of a Gameplay element than anything. Anyway, my point is that Sagat is much better at keeping/gauging a distance overall when compared to the likes of Ryo.

i mentioned this before to people, by the way, that Ryo only mastered the haohshikoken in his fight agasint Takuma. that was the first time he pulled it of or atleast got it right at any rate. even in-game, Takuma remarks that Ryo can only beat him if he masters the "haohken". so either Ryo did a weak version of haoshikoken to King........or he didn't do it to her at all and just ripped her shirt with a koo-ken instead.
either way, the fact that he pwned a hightier of his series (as much as you hate her, King really is one of the high tiers of AoF universe going so far as to stalemate against Robert) with a really weak version of his move speaks for itself. also Ryo was about to kill takuma with the haohshikoken hadn't yuri interfered.

I'm Sorry Sado, this is gonna sound bias, but I don't give fights AOF/FF credibility anymore. Way too much accounts of hero's owning God Tiers for no apparent reason what so ever. The God Tiers in SNK are big joke to me.

the ichigekihissatsu is literally a one-hit kill move....as the name suggests.

That sounds like Hyperbole to me, besides Hissastsu Ichi Geki is the japanese warrior maxim. It's more of a philosophy for fighting than anything.

Survived his fight against Mr. Big and Takuma, back to back. and it was Mr. Karate and he was going all out. Takuma wasn't holding back since he knew Yuri's life would come to an end were he to lose (lucky for him she managed to escape).

Refer to what I said about fights in SNK.

depends which Ryo it is, really.

~Sado

I agree, here's my assessment:

Young Ryo loses

Mr. Karate Ryo wins after a tough fight all the way up to current Sagat. He might Stalemate Street Fighter 2 Sagat as well.

shin_remy
And, you don't, c'mon Remy. . .were all guilty of that at some point in time.

true, but i don't make big gaps between them like Joe or King winning from Sagat for example roll eyes (sarcastic)

what i mean is, i don't give extra credits and overhyping some feats

P-Geyser
go ahead!

i'm still right

I tried to keep my cool with this FOOL Emp buy ya know. Listen Rem, It's true I do tend to stick up for the characters that I like, but I do not go around saying Terry wins this and that or any chracater. In case you did not notice, I stated that Ryu vs Terry would be a tie and I am not fond of Ryu...as well as Terry vs Haohamru and you are right about jack.

I can be hot headed, but I would not make a troll statement to agreeing with someone.

olympian
true, but i don't make big gaps between them like Joe or King winning from Sagat for example roll eyes (sarcastic)

what i mean is, i don't give extra credits and overhyping some feats

Words to the wise:

Never accuse someone of doing something we end up doing ourselves.

TricksterPriest
No. It's accurate. Sagat WILL kill Ryo. whistle I'm serious. Ryo is seriously outclassed in this fight. I can't think of anyone in the AOF cast (besides maybe Mr. Karate and of course, Serious Mr. Karate) who'd take a majority from Sagat.

brainchild81
Yeah. Ryo would get FUBARED by Sagat. Plain & simple

shin_remy
I tried to keep my cool with this FOOL Emp buy ya know. Listen Rem, It's true I do tend to stick up for the characters that I like, but I do not go around saying Terry wins this and that or any chracater. In case you did not notice, I stated that Ryu vs Terry would be a tie and I am not fond of Ryu...as well as Terry vs Haohamru and you are right about jack.

I can be hot headed, but I would not make a troll statement to agreeing with someone.

okay sorry

peace smokin'

P-Geyser
okay sorry

peace smokin'

Cool wink

Emperor Ashtar
Young Geese could do good against Sagat.

brainchild81
The one who ran away from Suckassaki? Sagat would kill him. Why the f**k did they even make him all cool & shit if they were gonna bit*h him out ALL the time? Sh*t! Whenever he's not running away like a bit*h ass coward from a character that should never have been created, he's getting beat to death by Terry Bogard. & this is AFTER cheating & becoming "Godtier". WTF!??!?!?!?!

Emperor Ashtar
Simple, they set up Geese or any other SNK boss to be a uber powerful by owning the cast and achieveing GOD like power. The purpose of this is to make the hero look cooler when defeats the boss. Sort of a "Bigger they are, Harder they fall philosophy". By doing this it makes the hero cooler.

brainchild81
Then how come Ryo ain't cool? Don't they realize people end up just losing respect for the bosses & the cast?

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by brainchild81
Then how come Ryo ain't cool? Don't they realize people end up just losing respect for the bosses & the cast?

I never said the idea was good.

olympian
Originally posted by brainchild81
The one who ran away from Suckassaki? Sagat would kill him. Why the f**k did they even make him all cool & shit if they were gonna bit*h him out ALL the time?

Of course Sagat would kill him at that point. The guy just lost against the great one. A Pootang Pie ownage is difficult to recover from.

I bet thats why he lost years later against Terry. He didnt needed a powerup, he needed a psychiatrist.

shin_remy
EMP i like your new sig

cool art of cody man!!

TricksterPriest
I never said the idea was good.

Rugal came out pretty well. He owned the cast, AND DIDN'T GET OWNED in return. He would have won if not for the self-destruct.

brainchild81
True. O.Rugal was a boss that acted like a boss. I wish I liked him more than Geesesad

olympian
Memory is dizzy. Why did Rugal self destructed anyway?

TricksterPriest
Orochi power. Either you're of the bloodline of the orochi, or it ends up killing you. Case in point: Yagami clan cut a deal with the orochi and gained the magatama no orochi, but it cut their lifespans down dramatically. Most of them died in their 20s-30s. All the mothers died in childbirth. The Yagami clan finally broke the blood curse when Iori and Kyo sealed away Orochi in 97'.

Rugal got the power as a 'gift' from Goenitz. Who warned him not to overuse it. What ended up happening, was that Rugal expended so much energy fighting the KOF 95' cast (and winning!) that the power overloaded his body and ended up causing him to self-destruct. Had he not self-destructed, he would have killed every last one of them. On the other hand, God Rugal was not affected by this problem, probably because Satsui no hadou was counter-balancing the effect of the orochi power.

Darkstorm Zero
I want to say Ryo wins, but Sagat has that edge, the same edge he had over Ryu in SF1... Reach, speedy projectiles with little recovery, muscle mass and the experience and knowlege of how to use it...

But yeah, it is dependant on whuch version of each is being used....

BTW; I thought that Ryo only used the Haoshokoken until he became 2nd Mr. Karate, and then he started using the Haoshikoken like Takuma did. (Hence why there isa difference bitween Ryo and Roberts super fireball and Takuma's... Correct me if I'm wrong

Haoshokoken = Ryo, Robert, Yuri
Haoshikoken = Takuma, Mr. Karate, 2nd Mr. Karate

???

Emperor Ashtar
EMP i like your new sig

cool art of cody man!!

thanks, I got it from an arcade flyer and asked Ice Jaw to make it.

Who else?
Nice Cody sig. thumb up

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
BTW; I thought that Ryo only used the Haoshokoken until he became 2nd Mr. Karate, and then he started using the Haoshikoken like Takuma did. (Hence why there isa difference bitween Ryo and Roberts super fireball and Takuma's... Correct me if I'm wrong

???

Hello? won't anyone answer me?
sad

Sado22
*ignores Darkstorm*
big grin

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

???

There are five levels of study in Kyokugenryu Karate: Kou-Ou, Ryugeki, Raiou, Hienshippu and Shoran.

Kou-Ou is the standard level, and is used by Ryo.

Ryugeki is more kick-based, and is used by Robert.

Raiou is the most basic level of study and is used by Yuri.

Hienshippu is basically an advanced form of Kou-Ou and is used by Marco/Butt.

Shoran is the highest level and is praticed by Takuma.

For the Haohshikoken, if one masters the Haoshokoken, then you are trained to master the Haohshikoken.

Xenogears
*ignores Darkstorm*
big grin *Does the same*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.