Will and Liz marry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tia dalma
i was reading my mag which had a interview in it with Keira knightley and Orlando. In which Keira says "...thats also a love scene where will and i finally get married"
WHAT!!! does that mean its gonna be a willabeth ending? I'm really upset nowbawling

P.S. you'll have to zoom in on it. It's in the top right hand corner.

Surreal_44
It's been a given for a while that they were getting married in the film. The leaked script had it, and it was leaked by a lighting technician that there was a "love scene" between Orlando and Kiera.

Ditte3
Don't panic please.I've read that too.But i was thinking and while watching DMC there came an idea.Remember the scene where the drw of the ship finds Lizzy's wedding dress.They say:'It belongs to a female presence widowed before her ...etc...and a virgin too.'If it's a foreshadowing,that means even if they marry,she will be widowed,before her marriage.(Will stabs the heart,becomes the FD)

tia dalma
thats a cool theory ditte3. i heard there might be a wedding i didn't know it actually happened though.

JacksSweet

IheartPocky
La la la la la la la

SarahB
aww...well if this is true (and most ppl say it is) then i guess were gna hav to go along with it..

Minie Mina
They get married on the pearl, not on that beach scene you're talking about, Surreal.

It has to be that way. There was foreshadowing about this. But there are other things that could lead it elsewhere.

I was getting sick being compared to Casablanca. Now Terry is comparing it.

T.Maria
hang on...whats this about a love scene?

We're not going to be subjected to seeing liz and will fawning allover eachother and ripping eachothers clothes off, are we?

damnit...its a good job im buying a popcorn bucket...when its empty i can use it to barf in smile

Surreal_44
Aside from the idea that Will and Elizabeth aren't "hot", is there any other justification for NOT attempting to like a Willabeth ending? I mean, give it a chance. From what I've seen, Will and Elizabeth's interactions are pretty intense and hot (not even talking sexy; I mean emotionally).

If you want substance for W/E, this is it. It's totally different from what it was in CotBP. You may be in for a pleasant surprise. big grin

T.Maria
at the end of the day, if its a willabeth ending then its a willabeth ending and im good with that, aslong as we have some sort of closure on jack and liz's feelings towards eachother, because they seem kind of up in the air right now.

But what i mean is that i dont think i could sit through watching them show their love, when for me there was no intense relationship there in the first place.

Im quite diverse in my ships.
I'm really stubborn you see, and i tend to go for the relationships that the writers/creators/authors DON'T put infront of my eyes.

heres an example;

My Main three ships over the past couple of years:

1. Buffy and Spike (from buffy the vampire slayer):
I never liked the buffy/angel relationship because it was automatically put there for the audience and we knew it would happen.
Whereas spike kind of grew on everyone, and his relationship with buffy went from loathing to bickering to god knows what, and the audience could see it blossoming over time.

2.Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy (from harry potter):
I like this because it will never happen. They are the opposite of eachother, and that creates a contrast.

3. Jack sparrow and elizabeth swann:
Again with the fact that the audience have seen their relationship develope, rather than being handed a relationship (Ie Willabeth) and having to deal with it.

Surreal,
i get what your saying.
At the point in time im not dillusional and i know which ship will end up being victorious... smile
But at the end of the day, the Sparrabeth relationship has unfolded infront of my eyes and i cant help but fall inlove with it smile

Surreal_44
Well, I see what you're saying. I always liked Buffy/Spike and Hermione/Draco is one of my favorite fanon pairings. I was just curious why a Willabeth ending, now that the relationship has changed so much would be a disappointment.

Will and Elizabeth used to be typical; now they aren't. It's more difficult, there are huge obstacles in their way, and quite frankly, it looks like there's no true 'happily ever after'. It makes them vastly more interesting as a couple.

Well, to me at least. I'd rather have Elizabeth and Norrington love any day of the week, but alas, that will never happen. *cuddles poor sunken ship*

T.Maria
i get what you mean, surreal dont worry smile

to be honest, i WANT to be able to walk out of the cinema and think;

"Yeah, they did the right thing putting will and liz together"
but so far (basically because i haven't seen the film lmao) i cant see it happenening for me.

i think i just like the idea of the redemptionist...you know; the bad guy doing something that over throws everything the girl thought of him.

A-la Spuffy and Dramione lol smile

i agree that there relationship HAS changed and everything.
But their actual relationship has never really appealed to me (mainly because of what i stated about being stubborn, and having to dig a little deeper lol) because i always thought that elizabeth and jack had the better chemistry smile

And surreal;

thank god im not the only one on here who loves spike/buffy and hermione/draco big grin
I felt so alone lmao!

willofthewisp
Do you like Snape/Hermione, T. Maria?

T.Maria
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Do you like Snape/Hermione, T. Maria?

ive played around with snape/hermione, and i adore snape!!!

But i think it was the pull of the bad boy that got me into draco/hermione. smile

siriuswriter
Why on earth would Kiera give out such a spoiler in an interview?

IheartPocky
lol it would be funny if an actor just made up stuff and said it in interviews "Yeah, My character dies at the end. It's totally sad" But in a way that it was believable big grin

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Aside from the idea that Will and Elizabeth aren't "hot", is there any other justification for NOT attempting to like a Willabeth ending? I mean, give it a chance. From what I've seen, Will and Elizabeth's interactions are pretty intense and hot (not even talking sexy; I mean emotionally).

If you want substance for W/E, this is it. It's totally different from what it was in CotBP. You may be in for a pleasant surprise. big grin

there are many reasons "justifications" for not liking a will/liz ending....and we've gone over them countless times over this past year....if it ends Will/Liz..then I just can't see me leaving the movie happy, but I could be wrong...but I can guarantee you I won't be trying to find an excuse every day to try and get back to the theatres to see it over and over like I have DMc...and I know your age-old arguement....this is a movie about Pirates, there are lots of great things in this movie besides Jack, blah, blah, blah,,...but the only reason I became soooo obsessed with this movie and still am till this very day is because of the idea of the romance between Jack and LIz..it's timeless, its' very romantic...it's sexy...and sex sells big time these days....of course I like POTC...mainly because of Jack...but then as it tied in with DMC....but that's just me...sorry. If it's W/E then it will be just a good movie staring Johnny as Jack...but other than that my obessession will be over...finally. Maybe I should hope for W/E so I can just move on with my life...then I won't have to worry about spending all my money at the theatres this summer...but I got a good feeling that I will be..if ya know what I mean...T and T ain't stupid..they've seen these forums, they've seen youtube and they saw People's Choice....and I'm sure they have seen the Pirate Attack Combo "is it love or is it hate" of Jack Sparrow and Elizabeth Swann...

AudioHeart
Meanwhile, I'm still praying for a Sparrabeth... smile

Ditte3
Me too.And if AWE ends Sparrabeth,I say together with Shakespeare:'All's well that ends well.'

JaehSkywalker
i choose either... it's still Pirates no matter what happens .. *crosses fingers* still rooting for sparrabeth though lol

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Ditte3
Me too.And if AWE ends Sparrabeth,I say together with Shakespeare:'All's well that ends well.'

Aye! big grin

T.Maria
sweet sweet sparrabeth...

heres hoping!!! big grin

but i think if it is W/E then i can take the cosolation prize;

If she marries will, then we all know that it is NOT a happy ending, and we know that jack comes into the mix somewhere.

Remember the conversation "Keep telling yourself that, darling"

...and i think she will, for a long time smile

To Freedom
Keira's comments in the magazine is overexaggerated. They are in the middle of a battle, for crying out loud - how can there possibly be a love scene (sex) and wedding (bells ringing, pretty dresses, etc). That's just crap!

Her words are totally open to various interpretations. Love scene could just be a passionate kiss which we have been fed ad vomittus. Wedding could just mean Will's proposal. She may not even have the time to say yes. Or even if she did say yes, Will could at this point get stabbed. So yes, there's a sort-of wedding, no, there's no marriage.

The ending is still Sparrabeth, guys.

lovethemtigers
yes I smell something funny here...I don't think Keira would reveal that much..I think she is trying to throw us off the scent of what is really going on....

Yes, no matter what...it's going to be Sparrabeth..."keep telling yourself that, darling".....

T.Maria
if sparrabeth don't happen then i shall eat my metaphorical hat big grin

Sifzensinril
lol

T.Maria

tee_pirategirl
LOL! The important thing is that I'll always be Sparrabeth at heart.

I totally get what surreal is saying and I understand that hundreds feel the same but for me...

Even if I'm the last on this ship(which I'm sure I won't be) I'll sail through the caribbean on it. Just me and O'l Jack!

I'm still hoping that if we don't get our ending we get that rumored kiss(at shipwreck cove) and lots of witty conversations and moments I'll never forget.

I'll be with Sparrabeth till I die.

Sifzensinril
Yes, I will be Sparrabeth forever

Ditte3
i1m gonna be a Sparrabeth whatever happans in th movie.I stay on this ship.

T.Maria
theres a rumoured kiss at shipwreck cove????

Ohhhh!!!! big grin

Now they didn't shw us THAT in the trailer.....

*leans back on her black leather chair and rubs her hands with glee...*

Hehehehehe....

Ladies, I feel a sudden urge to do the snoopy dance big grin
Anyone with me??

tee_pirategirl
Hang on to your horses! But both this girl who was from the catering company(who was on here a while ago I dunno if u remember?) and the light technician guy said that supposedly Jack pulls Elizabeth into a kiss and she's reluctant at first but then she gets into it!

I wont trust it too much but it definitely deserves the celebration don't it?!

T.Maria
*Holds her fairly strong horses*

jack pulls her in for a kiss??

see, i cant see him doing that sad
Jack waits patiently for the lady to come to him...plays it cool...technically she killed him, therefore i cant see him wanting to make a desperate attempt to kiss her...

however, if it is true and the kiss does indeed end up in the film then i hope its one that will make me go "aaaaaaahhhhh!" lol smile

tee_pirategirl
I hope it happens! I agree with u about Jack waiting for HER to make the move thing big grin and I don't know the people who told us this but the girl did say that she was from the TopHat catering company and she got THAT right so maybe she was right??

Anyway! My mood is up right now so I'll dance the snoopy dance with u even if we are dancing for a lost cause...which we hopefully aren't. big grin

IheartPocky
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't on the verge of doing snoopy dances lol

willofthewisp
I really want this ending I keep hearing about to be utter bullshit. I can accept a well-done W/E ending, but I have so man problems with this idea Liz will wait and see Will 10 years later and every 10 years from then on.

1. If Jack is over Liz and Liz and Will have a wonderful relationship.

This ending is completely unfair to all of them. Everyone, W/Es, N/Es, and J/Es all agree that if Jack loves anyone in the world, he loves Liz and Will. As friends. We'll start with Will.
Will: Captain of the Flying Dutchman, a ship he has nothing but bad memories of, unable to see the woman he loves for 10 years at a time? Sucks! I'd rather be dead than live forever parted from my family and friends.

Liz: So every 10 years she'll see her husband? She'll age and grow old while Will stays young-looking. She'll eventually be unable to have children, so Will is very, very limited on the days she's ovulating to conceive children. Plus, she's alone and the child is alone. That isn't much of a life for a child. It's not much of a life for her. 10 years is a long time to experience things and have no one to share those experiences with. A few times every 10 years doesn't generate the kind of intimacy and companionship soulmates need.

Jack: Where does this leave him? Are they going to leave him unchanged without any development? This ending does nothing for his character.

NOW what happens if Jack does love Liz?

Will: Now he's not only captain of the Flying Dutchman, but the woman he loves loves someone else and has a lifetime to be with him. Wonderful. And he can't even die of his misery.

Liz: Now that's a tough choice to make and as much as I would love for her to see that she and Jack would be good together, that leaves her with so much guilt about doing that to Will. If she decides to stay with Will, then she has temptation in front of her day in and day out.

Jack: If she loves him back, great. If not, that really, really sucks for him. The one woman he loves and probably will ever love pledged her heart to a guy that's not even around.

I really am looking forward to AWE, don't misunderstand me. I just hope that T&T are absolute geniuses that can make sense of this if this ending is true.

PirateDiva
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
I hope it happens! I agree with u about Jack waiting for HER to make the move thing big grin and I don't know the people who told us this but the girl did say that she was from the TopHat catering company and she got THAT right so maybe she was right??

Anyway! My mood is up right now so I'll dance the snoopy dance with u even if we are dancing for a lost cause...which we hopefully aren't. big grin

Ya but she later came on to laugh at all of us in our face she said that she looked up the catering company and made all that up and came on here to joke with us....she called us fools and said she couldnt believe that we believed her Joke for a long time! I was soooo pissed!!!

anywhoo....i really hope there is a Kiss between Jack and Liz it just wouldnt be satisftying with out one!

T.Maria
well, i guess it just shows you the lengths that people go to so they can try and bring you down...

On a much more snoopy-dancy-ish note: big grin

I couldn't give a flying skeletal monkey if people are making stuff up...i only believe in two things at this present moment in time;

1. Jack and liz have feelings for eachother. End of

2. there is a whole army of sparrabethers that aren't here for no reason...even the audience who are neutral are in agreement that jack and elizabeth had the chemistry between them....

Damnit...its getting so close to the end now, i can feel the sexual tension from sparrabeth from here!!! big grin

PirateDiva
SPARRABETH TIL I DIE!!! w0O0O0O0O0O0O0O!!! love

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

jackismyboo
omg i was flipping through channels and 'fresh prince of belaire' was on and one of the commercials was pirates and i saw something i can't get out of my head. I don't know if anybody has seen this or you guys have already talked about it but it was the usual new trailer the scenes we have already seen and then remember the island and Liz in a black dress well they showed a small part where Liz was running with rocks around and Will just arrived and she threw her arms at him and they kissed. Please someone tell me that is not our ending please!!!

JaehSkywalker
NO!!!!!!!!!

no no no no no no nooooooo!!!!!!

PirateDiva
Originally posted by jackismyboo
omg i was flipping through channels and 'fresh prince of belaire' was on and one of the commercials was pirates and i saw something i can't get out of my head. I don't know if anybody has seen this or you guys have already talked about it but it was the usual new trailer the scenes we have already seen and then remember the island and Liz in a black dress well they showed a small part where Liz was running with rocks around and Will just arrived and she threw her arms at him and they kissed. Please someone tell me that is not our ending please!!!

lol...yes we all saw this too....BUT....thats Not the Ending! smile Thats actually them saying GoodBye!! Just Like Jack is saying GoodBye to Gibbs and the Strumpets!! smile

jackismyboo
Originally posted by PirateDiva
lol...yes we all saw this too....BUT....thats Not the Ending! smile Thats actually them saying GoodBye!! Just Like Jack is saying GoodBye to Gibbs and the Strumpets!! smile

reallY? (a huge sigh of relief) Thank goodness!! I was going to have a heart attack!! Well then i shouldn't be upset i should be celebrating and jumping and smiling every time it see it now!!! phew!! Thank you for clarifying that i was worried for a sec.

JaehSkywalker
good.

xD

AudioHeart
Originally posted by PirateDiva
SPARRABETH TIL I DIE!!! w0O0O0O0O0O0O0O!!! love

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

WOO HOO Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance eek! eek!

Sifzensinril
AGREED thumb up

tia dalma
Originally posted by T.Maria

damnit...its a good job im buying a popcorn bucket...when its empty i can use it to barf in smile

laughing
I'm positive it's true. Keira Knightley was in the interview with Orlando and she said there was, and i quote "a love scene where Will and I get married." that's the words.

Jacky Sparrow
shit!! well, but it's not the end...I just believe it first when I have seen it...cos at the last film they didn't say a word about liz and jack...and?

JaehSkywalker
trying to convince my parents to bring us to the very expensive cinema with free unlimited popcorn.. so that hen i see something on POTC that i don't like i can choke on the popcorn... happy

Jacky Sparrow
well...we'll see. If I get MY ending, I go 6 times or so in the cinema, if not I just go once. That's my revenge on disney then. Last year I went 7 times so.

AudioHeart
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
well...we'll see. If I get MY ending, I go 6 times or so in the cinema, if not I just go once. That's my revenge on disney then. Last year I went 7 times so.

LOL laughing out loud

JaehSkywalker
lol. that's great... maybe i should do that too.. >.< laughing out loud

JacksSweet

JaehSkywalker
ahh... i wanted and tried to understand that, but i just can't.

can please anyone explain for me? big grin

no really.

willofthewisp
I'm at a loss for it, too.

Sifzensinril
it's a bit confusing, but I understand
ya talk like Jack

JaehSkywalker
lol. it still is confusing though. erm

Surreal_44
She's saying that the order of the film is this:

1. The battle ends.

2. Will and Liz say good-bye. So sad, what a bummer.

3. Jack and Liz have thier little exchange of "It would never have....etc" scene.

4. Liz smiles, like she knows that it COULD work between them, especially since there's no Will visible in that scene.

5. Jack says goodbye to Gibbs in Tortuga.

I assume that from then on it's assumed that Jack goes searching for Elizabeth, or in a zippy and unexpected plot twist, she is standing behind Jack in Tortuga, they'll laugh together at Jack's silliness at the thought that he would ever have gone anywhere with the Strumpets, and they share a kiss right there.

Am I close? wink

JaehSkywalker
*wishes that's what'll happen*

ADarksideJedi
I hope theyi get married.I would nto want her to marry Jack it just will not sit with me!jm

T.Maria
your right adarksidejedi.
And the end of the day if they married jack and liz off, it would be out of BOTH of their characters to do so smile

Jack and liz both seek freedom.
Therefore, if they got married to eachother then they wouldn't exactly be free...
Whereas, if they were simple lovers/parters/knew there was something sexually attactive about eachother then they would still have the freedom that they want, and yet know that they do indeed belong to the other smile

JaehSkywalker
ooh.. interesting...

yeah, liz and jack being married is way outta the picture.. but maybe lovers is passable.

Surreal_44
I know Jack seeks freedom, but where is it specifically stated that Elizabeth also seeks freedom, or at least freedom as a pirate?

Also, what are the chances that a Jack and Elizabeth relationship would actually last, since they are both so freedom-loving? Would that put their relationship at risk, and if it would, who do you suspect would wander first?

JaehSkywalker
i suspect Jack would lol.

JacksSweet

willofthewisp
"Jack and liz both seek freedom.
Therefore, if they got married to eachother then they wouldn't exactly be free...
Whereas, if they were simple lovers/parters/knew there was something sexually attactive about eachother then they would still have the freedom that they want, and yet know that they do indeed belong to the other"--------T. Maria

I have to respectfully disagree with you here, T. Maria. I think Jack and Liz are both pragmatic enough to know that the kind of unmarried relationship you're talking about (basically a common-law marriage) would be pretty much the same thing as a legitimate marriage. I think it would be out of character for them to marry right away, but after a few years of being together, I think they would be more open to it.

Liz may long for freedom, but she also longs for intimacy. She was willing to marry Will, so if she does in fact end up with Jack, she would probably want to marry him.

Jack, I can see how people would think he would cheat on her, but you also have to remember he doesn't let go of things. If you think about it, he can actually commit to things easily. Think about it. He managed to get a career in the EITC, so he can hold a steady job. He might have held onto it a lot longer if a shipload of slaves hadn't changed his mind. Fast forward a few years. Jack spends TEN YEARS looking for the same ship. He's been "in the market" for it for 10 years. I know it's a ship and not a person, but it shows resolve, dedication, and perseverance. Ok? If you're in a J/E mood, which I nearly always am, then you'll remember that the girl he couldn't get out of his head had been separated from him for a whole year. Yet he can't forget her or stop wanting her.

I think it is in character that in time (not right away) they could marry and still consider themselves free. An unmarried relationship where they live together, fight together, all of that, is pretty much marriage without all the frills.

JacksSweet

willofthewisp
I just want them all to be happy. If Jack is over her and she truly loves Will, all is well. But if there is even the slightest hint one of them will be unhappy....I think I'll shed some tears.

Surreal_44
Ah, the kiss was me own special touch to the scene, Jacksweet. I knew you didn't have Jack and Liz kiss, but I added it in because I assume that's what would happen after Jack and Liz reunited. stick out tongue

ETA: Just a little nit-pick, but, if Jack has been thinking about Elizabeth ALL YEAR, why didn't he recognize her on the docks? Her voice wasn't that disguised. stick out tongue

T.Maria
Ah, the kiss was me own special touch to the scene, Jacksweet. I knew you didn't have Jack and Liz kiss, but I added it in because I assume that's what would happen after Jack and Liz reunited. stick out tongue

ETA: Just a little nit-pick, but, if Jack has been thinking about Elizabeth ALL YEAR, why didn't he recognize her on the docks? Her voice wasn't that disguised. stick out tongue

lmao! big grin

ok im stumped on that one smile

Willo, yeah i actually agree with your comments, ive seen that im actually talking utter crap, as i tend to do sometimes smile

REMEMBER THOUGH:

At the end of DMC, jacks exact words were;

"Shes only a ship, mate"

This to me indicates a change in him.
What kind of change, im not so sure. But i'll bet all that will be figured out by AWE smile

IheartPocky
Ive got an answer for the dock scene lol! If he did think it sounded like her, when he turned around he would see boots, a jacket and a hat and think"Nah not her, just a sailor"

willofthewisp
That's very true, Iheartpocky. Along with that, it's the same logic why people don't get the fact that Clark Kent is Superman. If you aren't looking for a person, would you really notice them in a crowd? Jack is not expecting her.

I do like the follow-up question, Surreal. You and your eye for detail. However, even T&T admit in the director's commentary that Liz has been playing into Jack's thoughts for an entire year. And since she is on his mind that makes the compass move, it opposes his other want, which is to save himself from Davy Jones. Self-preservation is a pretty powerful thing and few things can override it. Love is one of them, although at that point, I wouldn't call Jack's feelings love. Just getting there.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by willofthewisp
That's very true, Iheartpocky. Along with that, it's the same logic why people don't get the fact that Clark Kent is Superman. If you aren't looking for a person, would you really notice them in a crowd? Jack is not expecting her.

I do like the follow-up question, Surreal. You and your eye for detail. However, even T&T admit in the director's commentary that Liz has been playing into Jack's thoughts for an entire year. And since she is on his mind that makes the compass move, it opposes his other want, which is to save himself from Davy Jones. Self-preservation is a pretty powerful thing and few things can override it. Love is one of them, although at that point, I wouldn't call Jack's feelings love. Just getting there.

I've said this before, too, willo..but Surreal always tells me I'm missing other points of the plot...but sorry, DMC was promoted as Jack having a debt to pay to Davy Jones..his soul...and how can he save his soul...by using that stupid compass to lead him to the chest...which is what he should want most in this world because...if Jack wanted to live and escape Davy most of all...then why wasn't the compass working for him..gahhhhaggrrrrr...this is soo frutrationg...t and t what have you done to me, to jack to all of us....Jack's compass wasn't working cuz Elziabeth was playing into his thoughts...and that's why Jack's compass wasn't working..and from the clips in AWE it appears his compass still isn't working.....

willofthewisp
Lovethemtigers, the compass in itself is confusing and sucks and is open to interpretation, but the writers blatantly say that the compass wavers to Elizabeth and only wavers back because Jack does not want to want her. She complicates his life, probably doesn't want him (in his mind), and isn't his type (or so he thinks). It's a huge plot turn that the compass doesn't work for him. There would be no reason in the world for him to interact again with Will and/or Liz if it worked for him. There would be no story.

Now, I'll admit. It doesn't always point to her. It wavers. In fact the writers say that if it pointed to her all the time, Jack wouldn't be surprised to see her in Tortuga. But he was. But it points to her enough that it vexes him.

tee_pirategirl
Agreed! I always thought that the compass points to variouse places for Jack. It points to Elizabeth at times but then cause Jack wants to NOT want her the most sometimes it points to the furthest point from portroyal. make sense? (I think u can most want to NOT want right?)

Then at times when his selfish side kicks in it points to what he NEEDS but than it points back to PortRoyal or whatever. Just my thought.

So I think Jack was pretty surprised. I agree with willo but T&T DID confirm that even in the bar scene the compass WAS pointing to Elizabeth and so it moves around more than ever making Jack more confused. Savvy?!

As for Jack not recognizing her. hmmm. I think when u think about someone for a YEAR u start thinking that ur paranoid even if u DO see that person but my honest opinion is that while this scene IS telling for the characters this whole Jack not recognizing Liz thing?

It's more plot neccessary than character telling . It was there so it could lead to all those great entertaining lines. "Hide the rum!" "My first and only love is the sea!"

I know T&T rarely do anything without being true to the characters but they NEED to make those complications. YES we JE shippers do take everything as a sign but I personally agree that maybe SOMETIMES it's more about entertainment than the characters.

Sorry rambled on again. I'll stop now big grin

willofthewisp
"So I think Jack was pretty surprised. I agree with willo but T&T DID confirm that even in the bar scene the compass WAS pointing to Elizabeth and so it moves around more than ever making Jack more confused. Savvy?!"---------tee pirategirl

Yeah, the first time I listened to the director's commentary, I completely didn't understand what they were saying. Then it made sense that the compass wavers. I can't remember what one of them was starting to say, but it was about the compass and it sounded important and then the more outspoken one blurts, "Sh! It's Jack Davenport!" And while Jack Davenport's entrance is enchanting, I really wanted the other one to finish his thought.

tee_pirategirl
Exactly! and I was also annoyed in that scene where Jack is coming back to the Pearl one of them is like "it was pointing to the same place all along." and the other is like "well it was pointing to...no I just won't say."

or along those lines. anyways it annoys me that they don't tell us things!

willofthewisp
Yeah, so that confuses me. They state in the commentary the compass wavers when Jack holds it. They've pretty much stated that it always did point to the chest when Liz held it, but she interpreted it as pointing to Jack which is very suggestive about how she feels about him anyway.

Back to when Jack holds it:

What do they mean by saying it's always pointed to x when they've said it wavers? They hint and hint that it points to Elizabeth at times for whatever reason, but I'm confused as to what they were going to talk about in the part you mentioned, tee pirategirl.

See, I thought at first the compass was just over-complicated by a lot of people and it was truly a simple little device, but it really isn't.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by T.Maria
your right adarksidejedi.
And the end of the day if they married jack and liz off, it would be out of BOTH of their characters to do so smile

Jack and liz both seek freedom.
Whereas, if they were simple lovers/parters/knew there was something sexually attactive about eachother then they would still have the freedom that they want, and yet know that they do indeed belong to the other smile

Thanks for argeeing with me!As Jack always say to her
"It would had never had worked out between us Elizabeth!"Or something like that!jm smile

Gold
For all the gold in the world PLEASE tell me Jack gets Liz in the end!!!

MillaDepp
I've talked with the people from my forum...keeptothecode...
NO spararbeth ending........
Willabeth
there are only a few scenes with them...
I'm not lieing if you want to know. Go and check this forum...a lot of people which where at the premiere confimed it....i still cannot believe there are only few j/e scenes............. sad sad sad sad mad

lovethemtigers
^^^ditto...it's all downhill from here...everything about DMC was just one big joke to suck in us sparrabethers...get us hooked on this stupid movie worse than any drug...and then spit us out to lie broken ont he sidewalk......stomped on and left to die.....just like Poor Jack in the end of DMC....by the she-devil woman that tricked him..knew he was having feelings for her, used that to trick him and chain him to the mast....so good riddance Lizzy....hope you have fun sucking face with ol' fishface (j/k)....really, i'm sure the movie will be really lovely (crying as i say this) and i'm sure Elizabeth has made the most correct choice...and i'm sure the audience will leave the theatre cheering and estatic cuz Jack Sparrow is once again alone on a dumb dingy sailing into the horizon after the stupid ship and barbossa just as he sailed into port royal four year ago.....such a fascinating ending for such a fascinating character..wow, jack sparrow has really completed his character arc, i'll say..... mad sick roll eyes (sarcastic) wacko

Djinn
INDEED!

JacksSweet

lovethemtigers
^^^^i wish i had your enthusiam.....you amaze me....i just feel so deflated...like i've given it my all for 10 months...and now i'm just too exhausted....

Gold
I'm haveing flash backs of the whole Janeway/Chakotay thing all over again. Oy I can't take this anymore!!!

WHY THE HELL CREATE SOMETHING SO WONDERFUL, LOVABLE AND ROMANTIC JUST TO LEAVE IT OUT LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED????

I swear hollywood has a constipated view of the world. All this magical relationships get backed up with no where to grow. Screw that and screw TPTB for it's lame ideas. I'm so mad it's not right for us to be ignored. It was bad enough waiting 7 years on Voyager only to have nothing come of it. We don't want the established relationships to finalise.

What do you think is better?
1. A relationship established at the beginning, we all know whats gonner happen, how they interact with one another and end up getting married. or
2. Seeing a relationship develop through teasers and looks that leave you wondering. Slowly over time the suspense grows untill your totally obsessed to a piont you could die. Then all of a sudden BANG! they kiss and live happily ever after?

The only thing I see in Will/Elizabeth is insest. They a more like brother and sister not husband and wife.

YES! you can tell this movie was created by males!. TPTB are imbociles!!!

WHY THE HELL WOULD I WANT TO GO ALL THROUGH THAT, ONLY TO BE RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING?

Ditte3
To tell you the truth i never saw any chemistry between them,not talking about how little common things they have,not like between Jack and Elizabeth.Maybe something's wrong with me and I see this in a wrong way.

To Freedom
Originally posted by MillaDepp
I've talked with the people from my forum...keeptothecode...
NO spararbeth ending........
Willabeth
there are only a few scenes with them...
I'm not lieing if you want to know. Go and check this forum...a lot of people which where at the premiere confimed it....i still cannot believe there are only few j/e scenes............. sad sad sad sad mad

KTTC is filled with Willabethers. Listen, Whelp and Liz can kiss, marry, **** each other like dogs BUT at the end of the day, we know that Liz had a thing for Jack and might just probably dump Whelp during the next 10 years 'cos she's such a ****ing pirate-*****!

Even though we have few J/E scenes, the audience will only remember those and not those nauseous Whelp/Liz moments. After all, Johnny Depp IS the star of the show! Too much of something is bad for you and can only make you puke.

AudioHeart
OMG this thread is soo depressing!!! ... sad

lovethemtigers
i say we let the public know how bad this movie is.....i for one am not going spend my money...then Disney, t and t, gore, etc. will realize how they really missed this "opportune moment"......

the reviews i'm getting from prof. review and from those at kttc is that this movie is not good at all, besides the point there is no j/e at all....the whole movie is one big mess....

Gold
all the reviews are saying they F**ked up big time with the whole Jack/Liz thing!

Ditte3
I tell you that whatever the ending may be,even if they didn't put the Jack Elizabeth scenes in the story,I'm sure Johnny,Keira and all the actors are going to be brilliant in the movie and it will be a good film.But I'm not going to make a secret of what I didn't like in the movie (if it ends the way they say it would).

LovelyOne
heres my question willofthewisp..

IS THAT LITTLE KID REALLY WILLS SON OR IS IT JACK?

1. there was no w/e sex scene or hint of it am I right?

2. Jack went off in seach of the fountain of youth right? and there was no ending for him

3. Terry said that the ending is a surprise ..its unclear and is the result of 3 possibilities

1. wills son
2. Jacks son
3. Jack after finding the fountain of youth? (according to the green script anyway)

interesting how Dominic Scott Kay was labled to be playing a younger verion of Jack Sparrow before movie 3 hit..that little kid at the end IS Dominic Scott Kay...

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
heres my question willofthewisp..

IS THAT LITTLE KID REALLY WILLS SON OR IS IT JACK?

1. there was mo w/e sex scene or hint of it am I right?

2. Jack went off in seach of the fountain of youth right? and there was no ending for him

3. Terry said that the ending is a surprise ..its unclear and is the result of 3 possibilities

1. wills son
2. Jacks son
3. Jack after finding the fountain of youth?????

interesting how Dominic Scott Kay was labled to be playing a younger verion of Jack Sparrow before movie 3 hit..that little kid at the end IS Dominic Scott Kay...

this is interesting.....i saw the clip....it's Liz back in a dress and looking very "womanly, motherly" with a young boy, her arm is around him and they are looking out at Sea...and Will comes sailing in with his hair blowing in the wind and he's smiling......

lovethemtigers
i posted one review of this crappy movie on another thread...."what did you think of part 3?"

LovelyOne
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
i posted one review of this crappy movie on another thread...."what did you think of part 3?"

LOl I know I saw..how you been lovethemtigers?

lovethemtigers
hi...i've been pretty good...up until about 5 days ago......how have you been.....you were so right...and you know what i revived a thread you and i talked abunch on back in october and we were right on the money while mina and others were telling us we were wrong...then i turned my opinion around only to get slapped in the face by reality..the thread i revived was "i've had it witht his trilogy"..if you go read it, it is amazing what we said back then and how true it was....

LovelyOne
hi...i've been pretty good...up until about 5 days ago......how have you been.....you were so right...and you know what i revived a thread you and i talked abunch on back in october and we were right on the money while mina and others were telling us we were wrong...then i turned my opinion around only to get slapped in the face by reality..the thread i revived was "i've had it witht his trilogy"..if you go read it, it is amazing what we said back then and how true it was....

yep we were right. I think we kinda tricked ourselves into believing that it would be a J/E ending..but its not really a silly notion though.. DMC was just leading everything to that ending and movie 3 acts like it didn't happen damn T&T LOL

in the movie, when Jack plans to betray Will back again after Will betrayed him at shipwreck cove (or what ever its called)

when Jack said "kill them all especially that Will Turner"

did they even have the scene in there where Beckett says "and what of Elizabeth Swann"

and Jack stays quiet for a moment and says "she stays with me"

was that taken out of the final cut? mad

even the hug scene was right??

and the "my soul I do swear for a gust, a whisper a kiss" scene in purgatory

Surreal_44
Hey LovelyOne.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, there is W/E smut. Sex on the beach, anyone? big grin

2. Jack's ending is that he's relaxed and happy for the first time in nearly 10 years. I think that's pretty good. He doesn't have the Pearl, but he does have Barbossa's charts, which opens up the door for all kinds of fun adventures.

3. The child is Will's. Since Elizabeth and Will are married and had much smuttiness on the beach, I don't think that Disney would remotely suggest that Elizabeth cheated on Will while he was captain of the dutchman.

4. Disney execs pulled a fast one on the public by making up a total lie about what part Dominic played. They wanted the W/E marriage and child to be secret. big grin

TnT didn't act like DMC never happened, but there IS a problem with how you viewed the subtext of that film. If you step back from the prettiness of J/E and really examine the subtext, you'd see how certain things add up to a W/E ending, though as was noted by many of you, it certainly wasn't the happily ever after, nauseating fairy tale ending that many of you figured they'd have.

Even now, with the marriage, child and curse broken, I'm not sure how much time Will can spend with his family, so it's still not a 'perfect relationship'.

As far as I know, Jack does betray people, I'm not sure about the Beckett/Jack scene, but I do know that DEPP is the reason the "My soul do I swear etc" scene was cut. He changed the wording around, ruined the mood for it and it made it unfunny, according to Terry on KTTC. big grin

I get to see the movie tonight, and I'm excited, except for one particular part. *sighs* My poor Norrington...

LovelyOne
ahh bonjour!

I guess the kid is Wills because if he has the curse and has to go back every 10 years liz will die and at least he has family there still to wait for him

and poor liz, she only gets some once every 10 years...thats her punishment for taking advantage of Jack muhaha

yeah that scene from the green script never made it online..some how how the script I had was getting out on the net and whoever was posting it didnt manage to get past a certain point, they obviously didnt have all of it

Ditte3
Yeah I'm sorry for Norrington too.

tee_pirategirl
It would be great if liz DID get punished but after 10 years the curse is broken!

BTW that line "my soul do I swear etc." how was it changed? What did Jack say instead?

lovethemtigers
you know the way johnny is...it wouldn't surprise me really if he was against the j/e pairing......he had a big say in how it all played out...maybe he didn't want "jack" to end up with Elizabeth..maybe he liked the idea of jack just being jack.....sadly for us fangirls LOL - we wanted to see some more hot stuff between him and the girl, but perhaps that's not what johnny saw for jack....

lovethemtigers
girls..i'm calming down some...getting more reviews from trusted sparrabethers..some like it, some hate it....but it is Pirates of the Caribbean and it is starring the great, the one and only Johnny Depp.....and who knows what could happen if there is a POTC 4...i did here that Liz's rests her head on Jack's chest and that jack's sacrifice proves his love for Elizabeth.....

Gold
girls..i'm calming down some...getting more reviews from trusted sparrabethers..some like it, some hate it....but it is Pirates of the Caribbean and it is starring the great, the one and only Johnny Depp.....and who knows what could happen if there is a POTC 4...i did here that Liz's rests her head on Jack's chest and that jack's sacrifice proves his love for Elizabeth.....

I'm thinking along the same lines. There might be a different outcome if POTC4 comes about.

calypso
Yea, Tigers I agree with you on the Johnny/Jack thing. TnT said they were on the Johnny's yacht and he told them Jack wouldn't do something that way and they sort of argued. Maybe this was the argument. POTC is about freedom and the consequences of your actions and IMHO if JD didn't think Jack needed to be with the girl at the end for sake of freedom and "It's not ......but what you can live with" as spoken by Pappy Teague then that was the foreshadowing for Jack to let Lizzy go with Will.

To me, Jack was a minor character in this one. He was not his forceful personality that he was in the prior two. He had his moments, but not many. In the scene with KR he seemed almost to grovel to KR character.

I guess if I hadn't been so reved up for a J/L ending I could have enjoyed the whole movie more. I did like it, but there were points that did not work for me.

Jack showed his love for Lizzy and that he was a good man by sacrificing immortality for Will, and in the scene with the parachute thingy. He even did at the end when he refused the kiss from Lizzy and the look that followed. Only problem is Lizzy never acknowleged him as a good man and that was not right.

Surreal_44
Another quick note here, I think that the curse is officially broken for Will at the end of ten years, so I don't think he is captain of the Dutchman any longer, so he's completely free to be with his family. big grin

I need to re-watch the film to get all the nuances of it, but that is my understanding of how it works.

Leggy_n_Merry
Another quick note here, I think that the curse is officially broken for Will at the end of ten years, so I don't think he is captain of the Dutchman any longer, so he's completely free to be with his family. big grin

I need to re-watch the film to get all the nuances of it, but that is my understanding of how it works.

Is he? Oh I hope that's true 'cause it's really sad thinking that they're not together properly sad But why would he be free? My understanding was that it was every 10 years that he'd get to see her.

Surreal_44
I need to rewatch it again (oh no, the torture! wink ) but I recall that DJ basically hinted at it. He said he did as Calypso asked, ferrying souls for ten years, and when his time was up he came looking for her, and she wasn't there.

It's implied (although the writers said some lines were cut) that at the end of ten years of service, if the captain of the Dutchman finds a love who will be true, his attachment to the ship is finished.

I hope there's some deleted scenes that explain it better, but I think it'd be so great if Will was free at the end of ten years. big grin

Leggy_n_Merry
I need to rewatch it again (oh no, the torture! wink ) but I recall that DJ basically hinted at it. He said he did as Calypso asked, ferrying souls for ten years, and when his time was up he came looking for her, and she wasn't there.

It's implied (although the writers said some lines were cut) that at the end of ten years of service, if the captain of the Dutchman finds a love who will be true, his attachment to the ship is finished.

I hope there's some deleted scenes that explain it better, but I think it'd be so great if Will was free at the end of ten years. big grin

Oh yeah! I forgot that he said he went looking for her. Yeah I will be seeing it again too (at least twice.. yay!) so I will try and understand it better aswell. If it was the case though you'd think they would have made it more clear roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.