Asians in America: Top ethnic model

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Czarina_Czarina
On CNN there is a topic about Asians in the Ivy League, and if their success is due to hard work or race. Is it genes or their upbringing?

And what about other ethnic whites who come to this country who don't do as well on the SAT, and other minorities (Hispanics and blacks) who do not do as well as Asians in the SAT.

Why is this, and please, no more PC race police, this is a fact and I love good people no matter who they are, so don't call me racist or race baiting, just want a simple understanding as to why...

If it is genetic, how do they handle ADD and autism..I would like to know this.

I know that with me, looking black, has made me have to prove myself to other blacks and EVERYBODY ELSE, ALWAYS, looking black Hispanic doesn't make it any better. If I talk about what I know, from what I have experienced thus far, it's been scorned or mocked by blacks and Hispanics (black Hispanics), even looked down on....they take the negative when talking about what a person knows. I have had little problems with whites when it has come to this (unless they are insecure, but RARELY ran into that, but when I did, it was equally with the same issues as some of the blacks who seem to culturally dislike "no it alls"wink. I have had little issues with Asians when it comes to what a person knows and enjoying discourse, unless they felt insecure, and again, rarely ran into those types.

What is it?

I worked as a private tutor before, and had a couple of Asian clients, they were raising their kids the same way we were raised, it was the positive aspect of learning and knowing and doing your best.

Schecter
die

chillmeistergen
Oh God she's back again. You know what Czarina Czarina, I hear that bleach tastes really nice.

FeceMan
It's because they are genetically inferior and need to be sterilized to protect the master race.

Schecter
Originally posted by FeceMan
It's because they are genetically inferior and need to be sterilized to protect the master race.

....and then fed to vampire saddam

debbiejo
Run Czarina Czarina runnnnnnnnnnn...Run away.

FeceMan
Precisely.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Oh God she's back again. You know what Czarina Czarina, I hear that bleach tastes really nice.

Well, I won't just take your word for it, try a taste test first!

debbiejo
They eat people in here...Don't you have any raw meat to throw?? sad

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by debbiejo
Run Czarina Czarina runnnnnnnnnnn...Run away.

run from what? from whom?

laughing

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
Well, I won't just take your word for it, try a taste test first!

Oh I couldn't, the pleasure's all yours.

Czarina_Czarina
They eat people in here...Don't you have any raw meat to throw?? sad

I threw in an intelligent conversation for them to chew on, but see what these men did thus far with it? absolutely nothing, laughing

Czarina_Czarina
Oh I couldn't, the pleasure's all yours.

You first or else I'm calling it off.

Schecter
i've got something for you to chew on. lets finally put that mouth to good use

debbiejo
Hurry throw some raw meat, they like flesh..I don't know why, but they do.... confused

chillmeistergen
You first or else I'm calling it off.

Sorry, I don't do vampire suicide pacts.

debbiejo
I like Chinese food, anyone else?

Schecter
i like chinese pussy

JacopeX
I threw in an intelligent conversation for them to chew on, but see what these men did thus far with it? absolutely nothing, laughing And lets hope all of them, in the GDF and OTF...

Get Banned

Eventually drink bleach

ragesRemorse
What is it?

I worked as a private tutor before, and had a couple of Asian clients, they were raising their kids the same way we were raised, it was the positive aspect of learning and knowing and doing your best.

Kung fu...its kung fu, kung fu helps them focus their super powers of intelligence

Or could just simply be their culture. Japanese and chinese pride themselves on Hardwork, and most chinese whom come to this country take adavatage of outlets of education and business opportunities that they have never had in China.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by JacopeX
And lets hope all of them, in the GDF and OTF...

Get Banned

Eventually drink bleach

Why would anyone get banned?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Kung fu...its kung fu, kung fu helps them focus their super powers of intelligence

Or could just simply be their culture. Japanese and chinese pride themselves on Hardwork, and most chinese whom come to this country take adavatage of outlets of education and business opportunities that they have never had in China.

Yes, but why do people only think of China when they think of Asia? There's pakistan, india, veitnam, cambodia, thialand, etc.

I should also add, they are also talking about Asians feeling forced to change their eyes, but they also change their nose more then any race too. And how they are type-casted in certian roles.

I know that Japan has a pretty high suicide rate, so they aren't taught to handle stress and depression very well, and this is something that "depression is a sign of weakness". So, culturally there are awesome things about Asians, but the "counseling" aspect is considered shameful.

debbiejo

Or could just simply be their culture. Japanese and chinese pride themselves on Hardwork, and most chinese whom come to this country take adavatage of outlets of education and business opportunities that they have never had in China. This is true also there are many that live in this area. What's with this area, everyone lives here.. confused The Chinese keep to themselves are usually quiet and don't look people in the eyes, but it more out of respect, not fear or insecurity. It's the culture.

Czarina_Czarina
This is true also there are many that live in this area. What's with this area, everyone lives here.. confused The Chinese keep to themselves are usually quiet and don't look people in the eyes, but it more out of respect, not fear or insecurity. It's the culture.

Really, I look Asians in the eyes all the time and smile right at them, most smile right back, Chinese or whatever ethnic Asian they are, they are usually pretty friendly, well, sometimes, the females maynot be if they are out for a certain look or lifestyle (females in general can be this way).

JacopeX
Really, I look Asians in the eyes all the time and smile right at them, most smile right back, Chinese or whatever ethnic Asian they are, they are usually pretty friendly, well, sometimes, they females maynot be if they are out for a certain look or lifestyle. The Japanese would never smile at me however. And neither would I....

Reason: Self explanatory...

Hint: Alberto Fujimori and Peru.....

BackFire
so don't call me racist...

Racist.

chillmeistergen
they females maynot be if they are out for a certain look or lifestyle.

That seems a bit racist and sexist to me.

Schecter
And lets hope all of them, in the GDF and OTF...

Get Banned

Eventually drink bleach

lol you're defending a white supremacist who hates you because your a dirty and infeior latino. see where your sycophantic stroke-a-thon has led you?
can i get a 'heil hitler'

debbiejo
Really, I look Asians in the eyes all the time and smile right at them, most smile right back, Chinese or whatever ethnic Asian they are, they are usually pretty friendly, well, sometimes, they females maynot be if they are out for a certain look or lifestyle. I'm talking more about the women. But why they'd want to change their appearance? I think they're beautiful just like they are. I do understand that leg lengthening is big over there. It seems that taller Asians get the jobs unfortunately.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Schecter
lol you're defending a white supremacist who hates you because your a dirty and infeior latino. see where your sycophantic strokathon has led you?
can i get a 'heil hitler' I was actually agreeing with her on the people who come into threads and start to bash it in such an aggressive way. Just be calm and give perfect explanation.

And yes im aware she is incorrect in some aspects, and I will get to that so keep your panties on. wink

chillmeistergen
More small minded stereotyping. EDIT: Directed towards Debbiejo's comment

Schecter
Just be calm and give perfect explnation

can i profile this?

Czarina_Czarina
The Japanese would never smile at me however. And neither would I....

Reason: Self explanatory...

Hint: Alberto Fujimori and Peru.....

I rarely have a Japanese ignore me, I don't allow that to happen unless I believe that person is an introvert, if they aren't introverted, they aren't going to get away with playing "social conservative" with me, I will put a smile on their faces as I smile back at them.

JacopeX
can i profile this? Go ahead, because you are trying to create a huge laugh out of it. It is just like A shit on a stick. Everyone goes insane for such a pathetic joke that is not special because it is just a shit on a stick.

chillmeistergen
I rarely have a Japanese ignore me, I don't allow that to happen unless I believe that person is an introvert, if they aren't introverted, they aren't going to get away with playing "social conservative" with me, I will put a smile on their faces as I smile back at them.

Jesus, a smile tyrant. What next?

Schecter
Go ahead, because you are trying to create a huge laugh out of it. It is just like A shit on a stick. Everyone goes insane for such a pathetic joke that is not special because it is just a shit on a stick.

is that a song?

JacopeX
I rarely have a Japanese ignore me, I don't allow that to happen unless I believe that person is an introvert, if they aren't introverted, they aren't going to get away with playing "social conservative" with me, I will put a smile on their faces as I smile back at them. Why hell would you force them to do as you please. If they are not interested, then ignore them. Period.

ragesRemorse
Yes, but why do people only think of China when they think of Asia? There's pakistan, india, veitnam, cambodia, thialand, etc.

I know that Japan has a pretty high suicide rate, so they aren't taught to handle stress and depression very well, and this is something that "depression is a sign of weakness". So, culturally there are awesome things about Asians, but the "counseling" aspect is considered shameful.

I dont think of only china. however i believe that is because out of Asia, Japan and China are the largest portion of immagrants or asain american citizens living in the U.S.

I know that the Japanese are very preoccipied with their station in life. Class titles are very important to them. Some say this is due to the integration of the american culture into theirs after WWII, but i believe it goes back to fuedal japan, even though there has to be some creedence the brainwashing they went through after WWII. Considering that Japan has the strongest increasing economy in the world says they are doing something right though, even if it is feeding off of the western worlds greed and gluttony

Czarina_Czarina
I was actually agreeing with her on the people who come into threads and start to bash it in such an aggressive way. Just be calm and give perfect explanation.

And yes im aware she is incorrect in some aspects, and I will get to that so keep your panties on. wink

JacopeX, I am part Hispanic, don't believe that Hitler talk, if I supported Herr Hitler, I would say so, and I don't support him, so there you go.

debbiejo
I rarely have a Japanese ignore me, I don't allow that to happen unless I believe that person is an introvert, if they aren't introverted, they aren't going to get away with playing "social conservative" with me, I will put a smile on their faces as I smile back at them. I don't know where you live but here we have many ethnic groups. They're cordially friendly, generally but not all cases they hang out in their own ethnic groups for some reason. I see it all the time in many ethnic groups. I believe it could be more familiarity and a shared and a culture that is understood. But then it also depends on what generation you're talking about too.

Czarina_Czarina
Why hell would you force them to do as you please. If they are not interested, then ignore them. Period.

Exactly, if they are introverted, I let them be, if they are not, I will talk and smile with them and they do the same. Introvert means they aren't into socializing.

chillmeistergen
Exactly, if they are introverted, I let them be, if they are not, I will talk and smile with them and they do the same. Introvert means they aren't into socializing.

What if they just don't want to talk to you, because they think you seem like a jebend? Would you still pester them until they did?

JacopeX
JacopeX, I am part Hispanic, don't believe that Hitler talk, if I supported Herr Hitler, I would say so, and I don't support him, so there you go. Im glad I hear it from you besides from Scheter......He accuses everyone of anything. Trust me...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Czarina_Czarina
I don't know where you live but here we have many ethnic groups. They're cordially friendly, generally but not all cases they hang out in their own ethnic groups for some reason. I see it all the time in many ethnic groups. I believe it could be more familiarity and a shared and a culture that is understood. But then it also depends on what generation you're talking about too.

Uhm, I see people as extroverts, introverts, etc. If I see a white guy, I will think, is he introverted or extroverted, same if I saw someone who is Asian or Hispanic. The only problem I found with race labeling is once a person thinks you are part of our "xyz" then they may invade space easier and that can be annoying, I may smile at people and am socially friendly, but by no way interested in my space invaded or invading the space of others....the flip side is when people have the "xyz" label and they keep that hoovered in their heads until they get to know you, if that ever get over "xyz". I'm an extrovert at times, throughout elementary and high, I was the one who welcomed the new people, always making them feel comfortable and welcomed. That's my personality.

Czarina_Czarina
Im glad I hear it from you besides from Scheter......He accuses everyone of anything. Trust me...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yup.

You said that sometimes I am wrong, I would have to agree with you, as I am still learning. What do you think of the way that I am thinking that could be wrong, esp. regarding this topic?

JacopeX
Yup.

You said that sometimes I am wrong, I would have to agree with you, as I am still learning. What do you think of the way that I am thinking that could be wrong, esp. regarding this topic? Well, what is someone doesn't want to talk to you because well there Mute, can't speak your language, Etc.?

debbiejo
Uhm, I see people as extroverts, introverts, etc. If I see a white guy, I will think, is he introverted or extroverted, same if I saw someone who is Asian or Hispanic. The only problem I found with race labeling is once a person thinks you are "xyz" then they will invade your space easier and that can be annoying, I may smile at people and am socially friendly, but by no way interested in my space invaded or invading the space of others....the flip side is when people have the "xyz" label and they keep that hoovered in their heads until they get to know you, if that ever get over "xyz". I'm an extrovert at times, throughout elementary and high, I was the one who welcomed the new people, always making them feel comfortable and welcomed. That's my personality. I understand that. I'm an extrovert also, but since there are so many ethnic groups here that would not react in the same manner as others a person needs to understand where they are coming from and usually it's their heritage, belief system, and social ethics that differ from people to people. To respect that is to respect them as a person. That's all I'm saying.

Schecter
lol

debbiejo
??......You're weird.

I always say "hi" though... yes

*throws raw meat*

Czarina_Czarina
I understand that. I'm an extrovert also, but since there are so many ethnic groups here that would not react in the same manner as others a person needs to understand where they are coming from and usually it's their heritage, belief system, and social ethics that differ from people to people. To respect that is to respect them as a person. That's all I'm saying.

Me too. I had Asians smile at me, so I smile back, and if I smile at them, I assume they will take the smile and do with it what they will. Most of the time, they smile back. It's really the older ones that aren't that friendly, but even then, I have looked Asian men in the eyes and thinking (he's going to ignore me) and he has a big smile on his face and nods. I am like, wow, that's so sweet!!! I had a couple of them do a peace bow with their hands in prayer position, and I do the same thing right back to them (my mom, who is died, God rest her soul), she is Asian+her dad was mixed BlackGERMAN, but I look mostly black, so I don't think I look part Asian at all, so I don't think they "see" Asian in me, it's just some are a lot more friendlier then the stereotype.

chillmeistergen
Dear oh dear

Schecter
??......You're weird.

I always say "hi" though... yes

*throws raw meat*

i prefer raw fish

debbiejo
You're kind of a tramp aren't ya?

I'm sure you do......lol roll eyes (sarcastic)

chillmeistergen
i prefer raw fish

Don't get them started on sushi...

Czarina_Czarina
You're kind of a tramp aren't ya?

Nope. I look every person in their eyes, it's the only way to tell if a person is true or not, in some cultures it's not good (my grandma on my dad's side is Hispanic, and not sure if this is with all Hispanics, but she never liked people to look her in the eyes, esp. people who are younger then her, that's her culture). Of course, if all of the sudden things change for me, I'll know it's from an evil demon on this message board.

I have never had an Asian man think I am being sassy by looking him in the eyes. I look white men in the eyes, I usually smile and go about my way, usually they smile back, sometimes they don't, depends on the personality of the person, but most of the time, they are friendly, but I don't force my friendliness on them or anybody, it's just a Southern culture (I know, I was raised with SO MANY different cultures it's amazing), I tend to carry a lot of southern social culture (but not the speech or food, I don't sound sothern (i misspelled that on purpose)).

debbiejo
I'm only kidding.......... laughing out loud

chithappens

I knew this would come up as I read through the topic. Guess you never seen the study that kinda goes into it. I do not have a link but I will paraphrase it. It is actually pretty logical:

American kids feel like they will do "pretty well" on test but when they get the scores back they are "pretty low."

Japanese kids feel they will perform "pretty low" on tests but when they receive test scores back they are "pretty well."

The point here has nothing to do with racial, but national standards.

American teachers are often told to encourage children and say that just doing "ok" is fine as long as the child's self esteem is not affected. It is about effort and encouragement, not necessarily results. This results in people who often settle for less than their best and they will feel ok with themselves while giving a half ass effort.

Japanese teachers are often very, very strict on the kids and they stress the hell out. They may be smart as hell but they feel like a B grade is putting you below the high standards. Of course there are other varying factors in why the kids are so high strung (for example the suicide rates) but this does play a part in it. They will be smart but they will be unstable if they can't beat the Average Joe of Japan.

Czarina_Czarina
But these are Japanese Americans, not the Japanese being taught in Japan. This is about Chinese Americans, Vietnamese Americans...we all know they do very well in their own culture, but they also do very well then any other minority here in the USA, and they do better then other ethnic whites. IF this is genetic, we might be able to find a cure for ADD, autism, dementia...they may have something that can help IF it's genetic! If it's culturally, I wonder what happens to the ones who aren't labeled as "ADD, autistic, etc." I know that both dementia and alzheimer's is higher in the USA then in Europe, maybe it's food related (imo, some studies show this, that's where I am more persuaded in that opinion that it's related to our food, as it seems to attack mostly whites, and so, the only difference b/t European whites and American whites seems to be food (outside of some Asiatic mixtures). So, I would like to know if Japan has a problem with Autism, ADD, dementia, and Alzheimer's. In doing research on medicinal herbs, a lot of it comes from India and branches off into China and Japan, but even with Buddhism, it comes from India first. The good spices that our Western culture once fought for, is what they use to combat some mental issues and to help heighten alertness, concentration, and circulation...the deep breathing exercises that is stressed in Yoga (which is Indian more so then Chinese or Japanese), is helpful to get oxygen into the brains.

It's just ironic, when talking about Asia, people forget about India, and they are very smart and good at math and excel very well in technology.

chithappens
It is not genetic. Just stop there

debbiejo
It would be interesting to find the statics of different ethnic groups that have ADD, autism and dementia. Can you research it and get back with us? I think that would be telling if it was genetics or diet compared to the American diet. Or if there is no difference at all.

ragesRemorse
ADD is bullshit smile really, just concentrate.

Schecter
wait....what?

Czarina_Czarina
ADD is bullshit smile really, just concentrate.

KNEW someone was going to say that, ok, forget about ADD, let's talk about dementia, alzheimers, autism...if Asians from India, Japan, and China are really genetically superior, then maybe their is an amino acid or stem cell or some herb that they take that triggers the chemical reaction in the brain or causes less brain cells to die out...., I know that Asia is still into yoga which really focuses on overall mental health and wellness...either way, we Americans are doing yoga more then ever, but our diets haven't changed..well, if it's genetic, maybe we can use the protein or whatever DNA strain to help facilitate the difference...that's the only problem with claiming genetic, you can end up being harvested (and you know we are an industrial nation, we harvest very well)!

debbiejo
^^ You did bring lots of raw meat right?? Say you did, please.........

*throws antelope on the floor for her... runs away now*

Alliance
On CNN there is a topic about Asians in the Ivy League, and if their success is due to hard work or race. Is it genes or their upbringing?

And what about other ethnic whites who come to this country who don't do as well on the SAT, and other minorities (Hispanics and blacks) who do not do as well as Asians in the SAT.

Why is this, and please, no more PC race police, this is a fact and I love good people no matter who they are, so don't call me racist or race baiting, just want a simple understanding as to why...

I know that with me, looking black, has made me have to prove myself to other blacks and EVERYBODY ELSE, ALWAYS, looking black Hispanic doesn't make it any better. If I talk about what I know, from what I have experienced thus far, it's been scorned or mocked by blacks and Hispanics (black Hispanics), even looked down on....they take the negative when talking about what a person knows. I have had little problems with whites when it has come to this (unless they are insecure, but RARELY ran into that, but when I did, it was equally with the same issues as some of the blacks who seem to culturally dislike "no it alls"wink. I have had little issues with Asians when it comes to what a person knows and enjoying discourse, unless they felt insecure, and again, rarely ran into those types.

What is it?

Its NOT genetic. I can assure you.

There are other factors, there's not so much of a brain stigma in Asian communities as there is in black and Latino.

I'd look at poverty levels as your main factor.

Czarina_Czarina
It would be interesting to find the statics of different ethnic groups that have ADD, autism and dementia. Can you research it and get back with us? I think that would be telling if it was genetics or diet compared to the American diet. Or if there is no difference at all.

An estimated 4.5 million people in the United States have Alzheimer's disease

http://www.alznc.org/dementiastats.php

www.alzheimer-europe.org/

I can't click on the link for dementia/Europe but will provide the link, I have done 4 years of research on herbs, and there are many papers written on herbs that help slow down dementia and Alzheimer.

I think the reason why they do well is b/c of walk-ins and the spiritual work that makes them so open to it, as most into Buddha wouldn't think walk-ins or soul transference is impossible, even native Americans believed in this ability. So, b/c I have suspected some of their energies to be of a different race then Asian, sometimes, and other times, their age is different then their look, it makes me wonder if they do a lot of soul switching/transference. If I know math very well, and do a walk-in, I can help that person who I am doing that for, if I soul switch, I share what I know with that person, and I think b/c of their spiritual openness b/c of their spiritual beliefs in soul race (such as in Hinduism) and the enlightenment idea of the mind, the idea of nirvana and reincarnation and (walk ins, soul transference/switch), they are able to benefit from what the other person knows. I think it's really a spiritual issue, not genetic. But if it is genetic, we have to study this matter and find the holy study grail.

chithappens
I applaud the interest and concern but your hypothesis is just far too outlandish to even bother worth looking into.

There a lot of reasons for the disparity on different levels of races (on a general level) but genetics being the reason for this disparity? No.

Schecter

slow down

dont break your hip

Czarina_Czarina

speaking of food, Asians eat a high fatty acid diet, high in omega fatty acids GREAT FOR THE BRAIN. Most of the food combinations that they have is to counter balance bacteria in the foods and overall wellness for the energy of the body (and brain)... My love for herbs is what taught me more about India and China and Ski Lenka then any other historical research that I've done.. I have researched a lot on Japan simply b/c of their use of herbs, some on Mexico but not that much, as their medicinal foods aren't liberally publicized, same with South America, this is a big and huge battle these days when it comes to cultural agriculture and proprietary views on herbs, it's a big fit, and you know we went to a couple of wars (in European history) in order to have access to herbs... Matter of fact, did you know that potassium iodine is high in Japan, (I knew this before the movie Next), it's b/c that's the one compound that works against a nuke attack, so they say, that's what I read online when doing research on iodine (as it is a poison if overdosed).

Jews are careful on diet too, foods rich in fatty acids as well...so, maybe it's our diet that hurts us, and maybe when people are poor and eating $1 burgers for everyone in the family, it really doesn't feed the brain...

Japanese men don't have balding hair the same way that Westerners do, why is this? Some studies say that they eat less red meat. India Asians are closer to whites linguistically (and maybe even racially) then Chinese/Japanese Asian, even though they are darker in skin, and they don't bald as much...what is going on, maybe it's related to diet as they say. Maybe a lot of our issues is related to our food quality and selection.

chithappens
There is this thing called reading that I heard works pretty well also

Grinning Goku

What is it?

Go to hell. Better yet, I hope the Ethnic confederacy kidnaps from your house at 3 A.M. in the morning, and throws your pasty ass into the dirtiest, most crime ridden ghetto they can find. Happy Dance

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Go to hell. Better yet, I hope the Ethnic confederacy kidnaps from your house at 3 A.M. in the morning, and throws your pasty ass into the dirtiest, most crime ridden ghetto they can find. Happy Dance

If you can't offer intelligent and positive responses, then just know that it's not worth the time to even write the negative. No one is trying to hurt your feelings, if someone has, then I apologize. But that doesn't change the topic, as this was on the news, people are wondering about it, so why not bring it up as an intelligent discourse? Calling me names or censuring me isn't changing anything. It may make you feel better to belittle me b/c the topic hurts your ego, but remember, I don't look Asian, so it's not exactly a compliment to me, but I am not allowing myself to throw a fit, I would like to know intelligent responses. If you are negative, it shows you are jealous, if I made you jealous by mentioning this, my apologizes.

chithappens
But that doesn't change the topic, as this was on the news, people are wondering about it, so why not in an intelligent discourse?

1) The news did not call Asians the ethnic elite.

2) This is not intelligent discourse. You are basically saying that how well a person can present themselves/speak/interact/(insert some action here) is totally based on their genetics. That thesis should be insulting to anyone who can read.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by chithappens
1) The news did not call Asians the ethnic elite.

2) This is not intelligent discourse. You are basically saying that how well a person can present themselves/speak/interact/(insert some action here) is totally based on their genetics. That thesis should be insulting to anyone who can read.

Yes it did (NOT THE EXACT QUOTES but basically -- The news did call Asians the ethnic elite --), why didn't you watch CNN when I mentioned it was on so that you could see what they were QUESTIONING, as I am QUESTIONING IT THE SAME WAY I HEARD IT ON THE NEWS, I TYPED IT AS I WAS LISTENING TO IT. GROW UP, not everyone who is better then you is your enemy! Not everyone who is better then I is my enemy. We all might be able to learn something IF WE CAN GET OVER THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE.

chithappens
Yes it did (NOT THE EXACT QUOTES but basically -- The news did not call Asians the ethnic elite --), why didn't you watch CNN when I mentioned it was on so that you could see what they were QUESTIONING, as I am QUESTIONING IT THE SAME WAY I HEARD IT ON THE NEWS, I TYPED IT AS I WAS LISTENING TO IT. GROW UP, not everyone who is better then you is your enemy! Not everyone who is better then I is my enemy. We all might be able to learn something IF WE CAN GET OVER THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE.

Define "better than." I'm not even certain what you mean. Please clarify so I do not assume

Czarina_Czarina
Define "better than." I'm not even certain what you mean. Please clarify so I do not assume

Better as a group, better as a race, better as a country, whatever is used to decide if one person is better because they belong to a more progressive group, I feel you are insecure about this. There are groups and people who are going to outdo others, that includes me and sometimes even *you*. The stats are in, and it shows that Asians do FAR BETTER then blacks, Hispanics (which I am Hispanic), and even whites, in Ivy League schools and in SAT and they do better when they finally do get work b/c they have the education, so they are doing better financially then other minorities, sorry, it's true, and I've heard it so many times b/4 and heard it again tonight.

We can discuss WHY and see what we all think is the real reason, or we can all attack me (God forbid you go out there and attack Asians), but the latter solves nothing. What are you doing to do, call up CNN and whine? Or talk about what are the conditions that make them better and work on it within your group of college buddies (regardless OF RACE). You pick the negative or positive. I pick the positive, we will see if the negativity continues about a topic that has every intent on an intelligent conversation, INTELLIGENCE MEANS INFORMATION, GAINING INFORMATION. giving and gaining information. you want to attack someone who is seeking this, it's a NO BRAINER why people are failing here in this country.

Symmetric Chaos
KNEW someone was going to say that, ok, forget about ADD, let's talk about dementia, alzheimers, autism...if Asians from India, Japan, and China are really genetically superior, then maybe their is an amino acid or stem cell or some herb that they take that triggers the chemical reaction in the brain or causes less brain cells to die out...., I know that Asia is still into yoga which really focuses on overall mental health and wellness...either way, we Americans are doing yoga more then ever, but our diets haven't changed..well, if it's genetic, maybe we can use the protein or whatever DNA strain to help facilitate the difference...that's the only problem with claiming genetic, you can end up being harvested (and you know we are an industrial nation, we harvest very well)!

What the f**k?

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What the f**k?

(end up being harvested ) omg it was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!

chithappens
Better as a group, better as a race, better as a country, whatever is used to decide if one person is better because they belong to a more progressive group, I feel you are insecure about this. There are groups and people who are going to outdo others, that includes me and sometimes even *you*. The stats are in, and it shows that Asians do FAR BETTER then blacks, hispanics (which I am hispanic), and even whites, in Ivy League schools and in SAT and they do better when they finally do get work b/c they have the education, so they are doing better financially then other minorities, sorry, it's true, and I've heard it so many times b/4 and heard it again tonight. We can discuss WHY and see what we all think is the real reason, or we can all attack me, but the latter solves nothing. What are you doing to do, call up CNN and whine? Or talk about what are the conditions that make them better and work on it within your group of college buddies (regardless OF RACE). You pick the negative or positive. I pick the positive, we will see if the negativity continues about a topic that has every intent on an intelligent conversation, INTELLIGENCE MEANS INFORMATION, GAINING INFORMATION. giving and gaining information. you want to attack someone who is seeking this, it's a NO BRAINER why people are failing here in this country.

You are deluding yourself on different levels.

1) Human capacity is not determined by genetics. I explained this to you in a different topic but I am not about to go through all of that again.

An Asian in a ghetto would be just as likely to come out prosperous as any black, white, latin person and so on.

Read up on John Locke and ideas of the "blank slate" if you want to bother going into that any further.

The issues of minorites are different since they do not have the exact same obstacles. Stop trying to just find a simple answer.

2) You keep saying "better than." You seem to have a problem with the person you are. Everyone is ignorant to something.

3) Va Tech shooter was Asian. Should we generalize Asians from that now?

I am on the phone now. Can't finish thoughts. Maybe later?

Czarina_Czarina

1) Human capacity is not determined by genetics. I explained this to you in a different topic but I am not about to go through all of that again.

An Asian in a ghetto would be just as likely to come out prosperous as any black, white, latin person and so on.

Read up on John Locke and ideas of the "blank slate" if you want to bother going into that any further.

The issues of minorites are different since they do not have the exact same obstacles. Stop trying to just find a simple answer.

2) You keep saying "better than." You seem to have a problem with the person you are. Everyone is ignorant to something.

3) Va Tech shooter was Asian. Should we generalize Asians from that now?

I am on the phone now. Can't finish thoughts. Maybe later?

i am familiar with the "blank slate" and the "noble savage" philosophy. and i am very comfortable with who i am, from my soul to my shell. not everyone can say that, and i won't feel ashamed to admit who i am. you seem to be still attacking ME, I am not the one who came up with the research, nor am I the one who has noticed it, and even blacks in congress have asked this question before and heard them on NPR radio 3 years ago (when I was a regular listener of NPR - National Public Radio). So, stop attacking ME as if this is ME against the world argument, or ME against other minorities argument, this has little to do with "me" except for the fact that I brought it to this message board, other then that, it's still STATISTICALLY in the favor of Asians to outdo other ethnic groups in this country, WHY? You have to prove why it's not genetic without bashing me, and prove why it's cultural without bashing me. Our educators are asking this, our news reporters are asking this, our gov't officials are asking this (some are black), so PLUEEES stop attacking moi.

doan_m

Most likely it is more or less attributed to our upbringings for the most part. I cannot exactly vouch for other asian upbringings except for that of my own culture which if you should know is Vietnamese. Most
Vietnamese upbringings that I know of centralize around the children having the best marks that they can possibly muster. To illustrate this, families that I know off usually consider anything below 80-85% garbage. Some would personally place their own effort to their own kid to ensure that their kid would get the best damn marks there is.

My upbringing was something of a mad hatter back in the day. In those days after school activities were decided by an extremely strict schedule which comprised of academic homework. When I come home at 4:00PM, i'm usually only allowed about an hours worth of rest. After that designated hour, i'm to work on my homework until 7:00 PM. Should I finish my homework before that time extra work is assigned to me by my father who would personally work next to me with what would be considered advanced work. Given my age at the time the work was considered to be extremely hard. In the second grade I was learning multiplication from my father when I should have learned it in the 3rd grade. I was reading paddington bear novels in the first grade and I was also reading Lord of the Flies in the 5th grade(Lord of the Flies is something that people read in the 10th grade in Toronto). Oh yes, and also, if there was a complex word that I did not know I was ordered to look up that definition in an advanced Oxford Dictionary and memorize the meaning of that word(fun times). After 7:00 PM, I practice on the piano for half an hour and then go straight back to work until dinner time (around 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM). Hell on Holidays, extra academic work became a vicous chore for me as I work from 9:00 AM to 7:00PM doing my dads extra homework( I even recall having to read nancy drew novels and doing chunks of homework out of a math text book). And that my friends is approximately what the first 10 years of my life was like.

Anyways, my father and mother tells me stories of what education in Vietnam was like for them. And believe me, its hellishly disciplinary. My mom's high school was extremely disciplinary. Her high school was almost a prison which was enclosed in metal gates over 3 meters tall. Nobody was allowed out of the school until the gates open or unless they were allowed to be out of the school by thier parents. But thats nothing. Usually within the school there was a man with a cane who would hit people in order to urge them to get the hell in class. (Elementary schools are similar btw, dude with the cane and the gates etc). In class, were you to get a question wrong, you would get whipped by the cane as well. My mom tells me that when she was in high school in Vietnam, she cried multiple times because of how harrowing her school can be.

Can't vouch for ADD but I can at least vouch for pervasive development disorders. My uncle (God bless his soul) had a son who had a form of Autism. When he was diagnosed, my uncle refused to believe that his own son would possess such a disorder in the first place. I figure this must have been important to him because his two other sons were extremely smart people who were educated in private schools (one of them is going to be a dentist). So I guess you can illustrate how this felt to my uncle when he found out that his own son had a PDD. Also My mom was also particular worried about me because I did not start talking until around 5 years of age. I guess in the end, you can say they don't take it that well.

Thats all I gotta say.

doan_m
Hurry throw some raw meat, they like flesh..I don't know why, but they do.... confused

Well what can I say? It just taste so damn good!

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by doan_m

Can't vouch for ADD but I can at least vouch for pervasive development disorders. My uncle (God bless his soul) had a son who had a form of Autism. When he was diagnosed, my uncle refused to believe that his own son would possess such a disorder in the first place. I figure this must have been important to him because his two other sons were extremely smart people who were educated in private schools (one of them is going to be a dentist). So I guess you can illustrate how this felt to my uncle when he found out that his own son had a PDD. Also My mom was also particular worried about me because I did not start talking until around 5 years of age. I guess in the end, you can say they don't take it that well.

Thats all I gotta say.

Thank you for your response.

From what I gathered is

1. Cultural reinforcement of education from birth

2. Grades are monitored, and help is given when a person doesn't know 10 percent of the information (as most primary education is based on overlapping knowledge, you miss 10% and it adds up as you get older, or learn to slack off and don't care that you didn't know that little bit that ends up being important later, and then, miss out on that b/c you are playing catch up, and end up being a borderline B/C student).

3. Your parents gave you advance work, so you worked ahead of the class room, giving you an added benefit when learning things that could be harder later on. Also, they were right there teaching you how to study

4. Your parents were under the French system, see my dad was also, but he is Hispanic and not Vietnamese. The French have a particular way of doing math such as division and a particular way of administering study, it's rigid and rudimentary (much like the British system, I've heard the British system is better, but leans more so on memory work, but the French goes into methods). My dad felt that learning shouldn't be fun, as maybe that's what your parents were telling you with the stories of beatings when something wasn't learned. Learning to avoid the negative instead of learning to earn or seek a positive, it's a different philosophical belief about negative and positive reinforcement.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! Do you resent your parents for their strictness or how do you see it compared to non-Vietnamese parenting or upbringing? What did your uncle do with your cousin who was ADD? (maybe he gave up his smarts to his brothers and he left himself with nothing...they say that about beauty when it comes to siblings, one ends up hogging the good genes).

By the way, it's common for boys to start speaking later in life, girls speak faster then boys, it's just that girls are more social then boys, so don't feel bad about that, it's common knowledge in Western science that boys tend to speak later on in life then their sisters.

doan_m

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us! Do you resent your parents for their strictness or how do you see it compared to non-Vietnamese parenting or upbringing?

I can appreciate the fact that they meant the best for me, but from time to time I did resent them for imposing extremely strict rules on my life.

Its a PDD btw, and although I do not know entirely what he does to raise him (see, he came from Hawaii and I'm from Canada, so theres that major continental divide) I do know that he had attempted to raise him to the best of his abilities and spent loads of times with him from what I can tell. I remember the last time I saw him, he was letting his son listen to classical music( obviously for the mind, but as to what direct effect I cant recall) on a daily basis, and sitting next to him so that he learns to read and such.

Fate can certainly be ugly like that.

Oh bugger.....

Allright sure, but is it considered the norm that a child should not speaking until 5?

~Forever*Alone~
my asian friends all have really good work ethics.

not the brown ones though...

Czarina_Czarina
That's a very natural feeling to have. But the benefits are outweighing the small pang you get from time to time, I assume.

I will research PDD. With ADD we attribute it to food and lack of good nutrients or the body's ability to absorb certain (brain) vitamins (vital_minerals = vitamins). Certain supplements are geered just for ADD (or PDD).

Yes, it's very common.

"Development of speech

Three separate areas of speech were assessed: pronunciation, grammar and rhythm of speech. Abnormalities of pronunciation were present in 11.5% of the children, while deficits in grammar (2.9%) or rhythm (3.3%) were far less common. Boys were over twice as likely to demonstrate deficits in speech development, than girls (Tab. 2). No significant differences in speech development were observed after stratifying for age, duration and location of a preschool attendance "

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/6/260

Sorry I don't have the ages for you, but age 5 isn't that late for a boy at all. The study says the development is later, that doesn't mean the boy is slow or retarded, it means there is a delay for a short time, that's all. And I bet you are better at mechanics or math then English or writing or communicating. As this is where most boys or men advance in then girls or women. My nephew started talking late, but guess what he's the best at? Math and mechanical stuff (he took to all the mechanical tools toys I use to buy for him), guess what his sister is best at? Talking and writing. She wrote her first book at age 4, she cries when her teacher doesn't give her the spelling bee list, as she was the top in her school. She's the language person, he's the math/mechanics person. They can change as time goes on, but so far, their interests seem to be different from each other, and my sister didn't plan it that way. He's a boys boy, and she's a girly girl.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
my asian friends all have really good work ethics.

not the brown ones though...

East Indian is Asian, and a lot of Indians are Brown. And a lot of Indians do very well in engineering and math, soooo....they too are Asian, don't forget that!

Czarina_Czarina
Well, what is someone doesn't want to talk to you because well there Mute, can't speak your language, Etc.?

I don't know. I get smiles from foreigners too, I don't care who they are, just being friendly but people don't have to smile though.

Czarina_Czarina
I should state that the issue with African Americans stem a lot deeper then what is mentioned here. And to understand it, one has to look at the intellectuals within the AA community, not just the actually common AA person.

From what I can recall from a paper I wrote in college, the issue regarding economic progress within the AA community has to do with an old issue of duality, the law versus technology.

Right after slavery, AA intellectuals were arguing if it was better to administer better laws OR for AA to be skilled using and designing the new machines (engineering)/teachers/etc.

The battle of duality was with WEB Dubois and Booker T. Washington. Civil Rights vs Technology. See, the issue was if AA were better skilled, would this also reflect in pay, or will it be a servant/slave issue all over again. That's the question among the AA intellectuals, and of course, WEB Dubois won this argument. He was from the North (ironically where industry was taking off..but he was moreso for civil rights, hence the NAACP) and BTW was from the South (where industry was slow, but he was for building an enginering school for blacks...Tusgekee (I believe, I could be wrong)), both had white fathers, both of their genetic fathers were Generals (I could be wrong about that), and both fathers took pride/invested in their son's education. I believe WEB was further educated in Berlin, this was shortly after slavery (I think, but correct me if I am wrong).

The issue of poverty is so complex and diverse, it's hard to simplify it by one easy answer, just takes much study to realize all the factors leading up to this issue. But again, I am not the one who raises the issue of the model minority, it's been discussed among some political leaders, news reports, and it's just not going away.

The sooner we figure out "why" the better off.

debbiejo
slow down

dont break your hip Grandmas not going to bake you anymore cookies....... nono

botankus

This is Starhawk's sock, right?

Council#13

What is it?

It's upbringing. Our parents are more strict with us as children. No offense to the Caucasians out there. It's all part of the culture.

Bardock42

I know that with me, looking black

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by Bardock42

i am white on the inside and my soul spirit is not only white but also female, sorry if that messes with your logic or sensibilities.

yes, this is very true about my outer racial look, as if you were soul switched, you would have to ask yourself who you really are on the inside but know how others see you on the outside, as being mixed black for 3 generations will still have you looking black regardless of whatever else is in your "family"...

it's the same as if a female spirit was switched to be in a male body, as "he" looks in the mirror the world sees him as male (as i know the world sees me as mixed or black hispanic and female), she has to say she is male, but on the inside, he knows he's a she, and will identify with fem stuff and will not fit in well with males. sorry it happens in life, read up on soul transference before you call me crazy.

and the whole argument about this is to teach me a lesson, it's sad to take a little girl against her will and then, do something so very bad and then tell her (once she realizes what happened) that she deserved it and it was to teach her a lesson. with all the missing children, esp. white children in this country, i would not be surprised to find out a lot more of the cases of soul transference, either racially or gender switching of children and then, applying the herbs to make them forget...but the thing about forgetting is this, once you know something, it leaves a finger print in your mind, you may not recall the facts but you may sense the shadow, something familiar until the pieces come back together again. call me crazy, but stranger things happen in this world, and truth is MUCH stranger then fiction.

Bardock42
i am white on the inside, sorry if that messes with your logic or sensibilities.

yes, this is very true, as if you were soul switched, you would have to ask yourself who you really are on the inside but know how others see you on the outside, as being mixed black for 3 generations will still have you looking black regardless of whatever else is in your "family"...

it's the same as if a female spirit was switched to be in a male body, as "he" looks in the mirror the world sees him as male, she has to say she is male, but on the inside, he knows he's a she, and will identify with fem stuff and will not fit in well with males. sorry it happens in life, read up on soul transference before you call me crazy. So, you are black?

JaehSkywalker

not really raised there, but i have something that you might wanna know.

I think it's our upbringing. the way we were raised definitely contributes something.

and about the ADD stuff, some people accepts it and lets the child see counselors, or therapists, or people like that....

some just refuses to believe it and shuns the child, or harms it, or forces it to act normal.

Schecter
hoodoo and ill will wishes laughing out loud

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker

I think it's our upbringing. the way we were raised definitely contributes something.

and about the ADD stuff, some people accepts it and lets the child see counselors, or therapists, or people like that....

some just refuses to believe it and shuns the child, or harms it, or forces it to act normal.

forces "it"? who is "it"? you mean children? i believe it's cultural, i never believed it's SOLEY racial, but since they placed the question this way, i decided to follow suit.

see, our DNA is a read and write program, it's updating in real time as we speak, information is being added to our DNA, that's why they say if you have an immediate family member with an addiction, more then likely, even if the child is adopted and the parents weren't doing the addiction while the infant was in the womb, the chances of the child developing the addiction is greater b/c of what the parents did, why? b/c what we are doing right now is part of a current update in our DNA, and that info gets passed on, that's called genes. so, you can change things for your kids by doing good things now and overcoming bad, as this will be part of the genes just like the one for fat or smoking or alcohol....so, yeah, it's partially genetic b/c we are programming our self as we live, and the longer we do these things, the more likely it will be an inherent aspect of your gene pool.

Czarina_Czarina
http://metaphysical.articlesarchive.net/the-rosicrucian-council-of-three.html

http://groups.msn.com/AngelsAreOurFriends/yourwebpage43.msnw

http://www.alchemylab.com/christian_rosenkreutz.htm

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker

why is a child who is having problems seen as an "it"? (this is soley philosphical, nothing more, not hardly emotional, so just want to get the dialogue out there)...

chillmeistergen
and the whole argument about this is to teach me a lesson, it's sad to take a little girl against her will and then, do something so very bad and then tell her (once she realizes what happened) that she deserved it and it was to teach her a lesson. with all the missing children, esp. white children in this country, i would not be surprised to find out a lot more of the cases of soul transference, either racially or gender switching of children and then, applying the herbs to make them forget...but the thing about forgetting is this, once you know something, it leaves a finger print in your mind, you may not recall the facts but you may sense the shadow, something familiar until the pieces come back together again. call me crazy, but stranger things happen in this world, and truth is MUCH stranger then fiction.

This is why you have no right, to think you have an educated opinion, on mental illness. Was it written during breaks from electric shock therapy?

Bardock42
why is a child who is having problems seen as an "it"? (this is soley philosphical, nothing more, not hardly emotional, so just want to get the dialogue out there)...

Not just children that have a problem....

One child is referred to as "it"...deal with it.

Czarina_Czarina
Not just children that have a problem....

One child is referred to as "it"...deal with it.

Hun, I am not the one who came up with this argument, the news did,and they are the ones who said that Asians don't deal with depression and other problems(children with ADD, etc), these people are seen as weak. And the news broadcasters were Asians and saying this and ASKING WHY is the culture this way, the top of their class and in this culture, asking why is this happening. Don't look at this as if this is "me" against anything or anyone, if you do, you have missed the boat. This goes back to the cultural argument made, if you believe that only Asians can further discuss Asian issues, then just say so. If someone has to be 100% Asian to care or have a spouse who is Asian to make a comment, then say so.

Czarina_Czarina
so, only race xyz can further discuss xyz issues??

if that's the case, then we can't talk about teachers neither, b/c we aren't teachers, we can't talk about gov't officials, b/c we aren't elected officials (so we can't make fun of them or help them out b/c we aren't "them"wink, we can't dicuss other countries, b/c we aren't from there...we can't talk about anything b/c we aren't THAT ENTITY....

you guys are going to regret this one day...and all of this is b/c of the lack of empaths in certain groups, they can only feel what they feel, and think this is how the entire world is, they can't feel past their own nose.

chillmeistergen
If that was directed at my post, I was talking about you going on about soul switching and all that shit.

Bardock42
Hun, I am not the one who came up with this argument, the news did,and they are the ones who said that Asians don't deal with depression and other problems(children with ADD, etc), these people are seen as weak. And the news broadcasters were Asians and saying this and ASKING WHY is the culture this way, the top of their class and in this culture, asking why is this happening. Don't look at this as if this is "me" against anything or anyone, if you do, you have missed the boat. This goes back to the cultural argument made, if you believe that only Asians can further discuss Asian issues, then just say so. If someone has to be 100% Asian to care or have a spouse who is Asian to make a comment, then say so.

You are an idiot.

chithappens
i am familiar with the "blank slate" and the "noble savage" philosophy.

You have to prove why it's not genetic without bashing me, and prove why it's cultural without bashing me.

No one is bashing "you." The idea is what I was talking about - "outlandish." I already answered this anyway:

This is about upbringing and culture.

Even if Asians were genetically superior, if you stick them in a certain habitats, they are likely to come out as the "inferior" people. There is no getting around that.

You say you are familiar with the "blank slate" and "noble savage" ideas but ignore them completely. I guess to you, people who are genetically superior are unable to feel anger and can comprehend any situation while still judging all things objectively no matter the personal affect.

Now you break it down to me. Your turn...

Robtard
You are an idiot.

Destroyed "her" rant and argument with just four little words. German efficiency at it's finest.

smoker4
Originally posted by Robtard
Destroyed "her" rant and argument with just four little words. German efficiency at it's finest.

I agree with the above statement except that the word 'Evil' should always preceed German, that is all.

Czarina_Czarina
You are an idiot.

since when did we become enemies? strange.

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by smoker4
I agree with the above statement except that the word 'Evil' should always preceed German, that is all.

aren't u racist for saying that "evil" is attached to German, would you say that about blacks, knowing that most Germans are white.

O WHITE CONDUITS, (and I am not talking about smoker, but you know who you are)

Bardock42
since when did we become enemies? strange. Since, instead of reading what I said you ranted about an idiotic topic you choose. And we are not enemies, I am just pointing something out.Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
aren't u racist for saying that "evil" is attached to German, would you say that about blacks, knowing that most Germans are white.

Are you serious?

chithappens
I should state that the issue with African Americans stem a lot deeper then what is mentioned here. And to understand it, one has to look at the intellectuals within the AA community, not just the actually common AA person.

From what I can recall from a paper I wrote in college, the issue regarding economic progress within the AA community has to do with an old issue of duality, the law versus technology.

Right after slavery, AA intellectuals were arguing if it was better to administer better laws OR for AA to be skilled using and designing the new machines (engineering)/teachers/etc.

The battle of duality was with WEB Dubois and Booker T. Washington. Civil Rights vs Technology. See, the issue was if AA were better skilled, would this also reflect in pay, or will it be a servant/slave issue all over again. That's the question among the AA intellectuals, and of course, WEB Dubois won this argument. He was from the North (ironically where industry was taking off..but he was moreso for civil rights, hence the NAACP) and BTW was from the South (where industry was slow, but he was for building an enginering school for blacks...Tusgekee (I believe, I could be wrong)), both had white fathers, both of their genetic fathers were Generals (I could be wrong about that), and both fathers took pride/invested in their son's education. I believe WEB was further educated in Berlin, this was shortly after slavery (I think, but correct me if I am wrong).

The issue of poverty is so complex and diverse, it's hard to simplify it by one easy answer, just takes much study to realize all the factors leading up to this issue. But again, I am not the one who raises the issue of the model minority, it's been discussed among some political leaders, news reports, and it's just not going away.

The sooner we figure out "why" the better off.

****! You are miseducating people.

Firstly, this conversation about education and how blacks should advance in America began in the early 20th century. Blacks were called citizens but not being given the same opportunities as white people. The discussion was to find out how to address the issue. The two arguments were the following:

- Go to white universities and eventually be accepted by the white man. The main focus here being that they would accept black people if they took the white man's education and they the white man's education was better anyway.

This is Dubois argument.

*It is worth nothing that by this time some blacks had graduated on the Ivy League level and they had been successful later on so of course that helps this side.

- Live amongst each other and continue to promote self sustaining forms of income and education. If the white man is to respect black people in time, that is fine. In the meantime, blacks must take care of themselves because relying on the white man to support them will lead to the downfall of blacks.

This is the argument of Washington.

* HBCUs (Historically Black College/Universities) had been in place for a while by this time and the schools had been doing very well. One will always say that the Ivy League education was better, for example, but self-sufficency was most important to Washington. The supposed "better education" is based on what DuBois believed blacks needed. They learned what they needed to learn to prosper within the HBCUs; all the other crap was just for prestige and pompous culture crap in Washington's opinion.

If you are going to give a paraphrasing of such a broad topic then be accurate and thorough.

Secondly,

That's the question among the AA intellectuals, and of course, WEB Dubois won this argument.

blacks followed this idea after integration. Look what happened.

Integration helped on a social level because people HAD to deal with one another.

Economically and education wise it hurt bad.

Black businesses no longer had a certain amount of income guaranteed to them because blacks could shop anywhere and they WANTED to shop where all the white people could previously. This lead to a lot of economic strife where people just wanted income and jobs from anywhere! Didn't matter from whom, just someone come in!

For example, throughout the Black Belt in the South is a large concentration of hazardous facilities. This is because community leaders were told by them "We are going to bring jobs! Just let us sit our plants in and you will get in also!" Community leaders say fine but are unaware that the companies already have subsidies drawn up and the jobs they bring in can't even be taken by those in the community they set up in because you must be thoroughly educated to handle hazardous substances.

(This sort of thing is "pro business" attitude without the political experience of it all is seen through the Native American situation and even amongst whites in the Appalachian region with the coal mining issues they have. As you can see this is not just a racial thing).

HBCUs go to the shit hole list because now black students can go to public universities which were referred to previously as "white universities." So now no one goes to HBCUs and the ones that do, do not pay back loans which is why when I apply for Morehouse College they want to ask $30,000 a year from me, and why now they actually do not have the same resources without charging me like an Ivy league school or some study abroad program.

Third, if you are going to discuss a certain race, KNOW YOUR SHIT! Get on my nerves will all this ****ing generalizing and misinforming people.

It was not 'law v. technology.' Everyone agreed laws had to change; certainly after Jim Crow NO ONE was arguing IF it need to be done or WHEN. They had been talking about that from the start.

DuBois and Washington is not 'civil rights v. technology!' That is purely a debate on education and the social hierachy!

Damn I should start smoking smokin'

smoker4

No, no and WTF is that signature about??

Czarina_Czarina
Since, instead of reading what I said you ranted about an idiotic topic you choose. And we are not enemies, I am just pointing something out.

Are you serious?

I don't know why it was such an attack, even other posters offered a high five about it by saying something about being German, so yeah, it was seen as attacking me, not my argument. embarrasment And the other person said something about "evil" next to German, as if that's necessary (maybe now they can say they were only joking). wink

Czarina_Czarina
what is wrong with the "white man's education" or being accepted as being educated by whites? don't forget, both WEB Dubois and Booker T. Washington had white fathers who personally educated them, that's why they were so smart, their dads put care into their education, this is what I am trying to say without having to say it, but still, it seems I must just come out with it. They did well b/c their parents cared and taught them, same with the Vietnamese guy, he said his dad was right there teaching him. The entire issue about WEB vs BTW is about civil rights vs technology, as civil rights is about social reform, and technology is about education, hence the reason why BTW started that engineering school with his white daddy's money, trust me, if whites were as racist as you make them out to be, there would be NO BLACK colleges, these colleges have been supported by whites who understood that blacks wanted their own separate education away from being "the white man's education". NAACP was also funded by whites and with the help of Debius dad, who is white. So, yes, both were involved with "helping" blacks who wanted seperate but equal.

Schecter
Originally posted by smoker4
No, no and WTF is that signature about??

its a stock photo of a random white chick...because she wishes she was white...but she isnt. LOLZ

chithappens
if whites were as racist as you make them out to be, there would be NO BLACK colleges, these colleges have been supported by whites who understood that blacks wanted their own separate education away from being "the white man's education".

Where did I even make a comment about whites being racist? Just point it out in my quote. No context.

Quote me.

Czarina_Czarina
its a stock photo of a random white chick...because she wishes she was white...but she isnt. LOLZ

don't speak for me please. you don't know what the hell you are talking about....

back to the topic.

Schecter
request a name change: WishIWasWhite

smoker4
I don't know why it was such an attack, even other posters offered a high five about it by saying something about being German, so yeah, it was seen as attacking me, not my argument. embarrasment And the other person said something about "evil" next to German, as if that's necessary (maybe now they can say they were only joking). wink

I'll use your quote as it seems to fit, me being the other person.

don't speak for me please. you don't know what the hell you are talking about....

back to the topic.

Czarina_Czarina
Where did I even make a comment about whites being racist? Just point it out in my quote. No context.

Quote me.

"Go to white universities and eventually be accepted by the white man. The main focus here being that they would accept black people if they took the white man's education and they the white man's education was better anyway. " Your last statement is stating that.

I personally believe that the Western educational system is something to preserve and it's a great system, to mock someone by your tone (that whites are racists), because the tone of your last statement was, ..."as if "white" education"... (which they wanted to share) "is not the better way"...and we all know it is the better way, sorry, people are getting their education here or in the UK, for good reasons.

chithappens

- Go to white universities and eventually be accepted by the white man. The main focus here being that they would accept black people if they took the white man's education and they the white man's education was better anyway.

This is Dubois argument.

You left out "This is DuBois argument."

That is not my opinion. That is paraphrasing what he said. Terrible. rolling on floor laughing

chillmeistergen

back to the topic.

Yeah, what's really going on is that you have a white soul trapped inside you. Herbs were used to make you forget, but you know better.
Text book example of an idiot if you ask me.

Czarina_Czarina
Yeah, what's really going on is that you have a white soul trapped inside you. Herbs were used to make you forget, but you know better.

wtf is it to you? and what does this have to do with Asians being the top model minority, how does your opinion of me have anything to offer Hispanics? Or other minorities? It offers nothing but a feel good moment for your ego. How weak and what a loser.

if this happens to another white female, she will see what happens to her once she realizes what had happened, it's not good, as you can tell with what i have experienced, but i know that the ones attacking me couldn't live a day with what i have experiened, would die of shock, their best idea is playing fantacy but if anything weird happens in real life with them or their loved ones, they aren't going to be helpful at all. total zeros. and this is a perfect example of how blacks will treat you and their white conduits. LEARN from my experience.

Lord Melkor

Hey, this is not much more weird that some beliefs of widespread religions. I can believe in soul being trapped in diffrent body as much as I can believe in Jesus being son of God, that he was resurrected, and the fact that wine and bread can be his fresh and blood. You don`t need to insult her all the time becuase of her beliefs you find ridicoulous.

chillmeistergen
wtf is it to you? and what does this have to do with Asians being the top model minority, how does your opinion of me have anything to offer Hispanics? Or other minorities? It offers nothing but a feel good moment for your ego. How weak.

Because a lot of your views are just as small minded as this idiotic belief of yours. Oh, I'd better watch out; your cracking open the Freudian terminology on me.

chithappens
She misquoted me and then when I correct her she ignores it altogether.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Hey, this is not much more weird that some beliefs of widespread religions. I can believe in soul being trapped in diffrent body as much as I can believe in Jesus being son of God, that he was resurrected, and the fact that wine and bread can be his fresh and blood. You don`t need to insult her all the time becuase of her beliefs you find ridicoulous.

I believe there was the small issue of symbolism in the Christian practices you mentioned. She said that the original poster had no idea what she was talking about, so I described her beliefs. I then gave my opinion on them.

Schecter
she ignores it altogether.

thats what these forum-killing kmc clowns do best

Lord Melkor
Okay, I am not active in general discussion forum so I might have taken something out of context.

mighty adam
i like chinese pussy i never had any is it good? i hear its real tight/wet. but chinese women are not that goodlooking there are better asian women out there.

mighty adam
wtf is it to you? and what does this have to do with Asians being the top model minority, how does your opinion of me have anything to offer Hispanics? Or other minorities? It offers nothing but a feel good moment for your ego. How weak and what a loser.

if this happens to another white female, she will see what happens to her once she realizes what had happened, it's not good, as you can tell with what i have experienced, but i know that the ones attacking me couldn't live a day with what i have experiened, would die of shock, their best idea is playing fantacy but if anything weird happens in real life with them or their loved ones, they aren't going to be helpful at all. total zeros. and this is a perfect example of how blacks will treat you and their white conduits. LEARN from my experience. not with this black shit again please just leave kmc.

mighty adam
lol you're defending a white supremacist who hates you because your a dirty and infeior latino. see where your sycophantic stroke-a-thon has led you?
can i get a 'heil hitler' i love this guy he should be a mod

debbiejo
NO

You don't know what you're asking.......We are suffering enough... messed

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.

leonheartmm
being an asian, n knowing and benig in contact with quite a few koreans, chinese, indians, sirilankans, etc. i can attest almost 100% that it is HARD WORK. nuthing to do with the fn race. studying here is to the point where it is insane, infact, people live, eat, sleep, and die, studying and trying to acheive success and grades. its sickening. and NOT sumthing to be admired or propogated.

botankus
Damn it, I thought this was a thread about the Top Asian-American Models.

debbiejo
I like Chinese food!

vinz07
Filipinos are hard working in nature and hospitable....they excel in all aspect...they can compete internationally especially white races....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.