Green Lantern(Hal), Superman, Silver Surfer & Thor vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jarlaxle
Do these four have any chance against the big guy?

Juntai
They have a chance, sure, but G's chances are greater.
In a good showing though, they could take him/drive him off, whatever.

Jarlaxle
I think its a really good combo to take him on. Superman and Thor are Fast heavy hitters with other usefull powers. GL can use forcefields etc to protect, and lots of other usefull things...and of course the surfer with his energy manipulation.

golem370
Galactus would blink them into a black hole.

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
Galactus would blink them into a black hole. A black hole isn't doing anything in this one buddy.

pr1983
Originally posted by Juntai
A black hole isn't doing anything in this one buddy.

yep, each of those guys could conceivably escape the pull of a black hole (if they haven't already, which i'm sure hal at the very least has), and yeah, with a very good showing they could drive him off...

I watch Pokemon
Galactus wins. IMO it's overkill

Depowered Tyrant would probably beat this team without much trouble.

Jarlaxle
Green Lantern creates a force field around calactus' head with superman and thor inside pummeling his face. Meanwhile the surfer keeps his body distracted.

Symmetric Chaos
GL wills TehBigG into dying no expression

guy222
Originally posted by Jarlaxle
Do these four have any chance against the big guy?

Galactus can be driven away

Soljer
No. Chance. Whatsoever.

Unless Galactus is STARVING.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Soljer
No. Chance. Whatsoever.

yup.

Superman is nothing but a flea. Silver Surfer can simply be stripped of the power cosmic.

Thor and GL give, at the extreme best, soft-mild resistance.

The group has no chance in hell, unless Galactus is starving and
near-death, and even then it's noway near certain.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Soljer
No. Chance. Whatsoever.

yup.

Superman is nothing but a flea. All the solar energy he may potentially have will instantly be absorbed by Galactus. Baring that Galactus merely uses universal awareness, detects superman has a weakness to krptonite, and uses the power cosmic to form krptonite. Either that or supes is simply transmuted/turned to goo/vaporized/turned into a herald/etc. Silver Surfer can simply be stripped of the power cosmic and rendered useless.

Thor and GL give, at the extreme best, soft-mild resistance. The power ring gets transmuted/teleported away/absorbed/etc.

Galactus uses the power cosmic to isolate hammer from god and that's all she wrote.

guy222
Originally posted by Tenebrous
yup.

Superman is nothing but a flea. Silver Surfer can simply be stripped of the power cosmic.

Thor and GL give, at the extreme best, soft-mild resistance.

If Big G is weak, he's driven away

smile

Tenebrous
debateable...recall how thor with the avengers, the fantastic four, the starjammers, gladiator, an alien armada, and the silver surfer couldn't drive away a dieing galactus. they only won when they turned his own ship against him. recall...they were also losing...

guy222
Originally posted by Tenebrous
debateable...recall how thor with the avengers, the fantastic four, the starjammers, gladiator, an alien armada, and the silver surfer couldn't drive away a dieing galactus. they only won when they turned his own ship against him. recall...they were also losing...

U always make good points smile I also remember SS pushing Galactus back

Madvillain
They stand no chance whatsoever.

guy222
Galactus FTW

Harbinger
Galactus stomps.

Bouboumaster
The real question is... How Galactus could win lower that 10/10 in this match?

He squash them with a move of his little finger.

janus77
Galactus makes them all his heralds.

or if he's feeling spiteful, Galactus resurrects Odin and makes him his herald and then sends him out to kill them smile

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The real question is... How Galactus could win lower that 10/10 in this match?

He squash them with a move of his little finger.
Hal Jordan makes a machine that amplifies or splits Thor's God blast into many parts and chews Galactus a new one.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by fangirl101
Hal Jordan makes a machine that amplifies or splits Thor's God blast into many parts and chews Galactus a new one.

What about that: Galactus kill Hal by staring at him.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
What about that: Galactus kill Hal by staring at him.
I'm sure would block it with his hammer. Big G acting in charcter isn't going to just unleash a system destroying blast.

janus77
lol, you could amplify the Godblast as much as the GL ring is capable of (which wouldn't be much since Surfer >>> GL ring) and still do jack to Galactus.

hell, GodBlast <<< Juggernaut! smile

if Thor Godblast's Galactus, Galactus will simply raise Odin from the dead and beat him silly as punishment for being an irresponsible parent yes

janus77
I'm sure would block it with his hammer. Big G acting in charcter isn't going to just unleash a system destroying blast.
Galactus, in character, has annihilated solar systems smile
oh and a stray Watcher too.

fangirl101
Originally posted by janus77
lol, you could amplify the Godblast as much as the GL ring is capable of (which wouldn't be much since Surfer >>> GL ring) and still do jack to Galactus.

hell, GodBlast <<< Juggernaut! smile

if Thor Godblast's Galactus, Galactus will simply raise Odin from the dead and beat him silly as punishment for being an irresponsible parent yes
Get your bullshit out of here that surfer is >>> a Gl. Until surfer holds a big bang or contructs a machine that can send beings galactus level to heaven, then shut it. And galactus has had trouble with other beings in Odin's power level, like tyrant, why in the hell would he be able to make odin a slave?

janus77
Get your bullshit out of here that surfer is >>> a Gl. Until surfer holds a big bang or contructs a machine that can send beings galactus level to heaven, then shut it. And galactus has had trouble with other beings in Odin's power level, like tyrant, why in the hell would he be able to make odin a slave?
Galactus made Tyrant his herald, why not?
oh and Tyrant is significantly above Odin, imo.

and yes, Surfer is more powerful than the GL ring, both in the power he can output and the duration he can operate for.

big bang holding nonsense is either pre-crisis or contextually-based (thus requiring a few scans rather than your fangirl bias smile).

fangirl101
Galactus made Tyrant his herald, why not?
oh and Tyrant is significantly above Odin, imo.

and yes, Surfer is more powerful than the GL ring, both in the power he can output and the duration he can operate for.

big bang holding nonsense is either pre-crisis or contextually-based (thus requiring a few scans rather than your fangirl bias smile).
You sure as hell dont' read enough GL"s or DC to make the rediculous statements that you do. Kyle held the big bang in the Imperiex Saga. And I've seen a GL nearly Recreate and entire star system. Also seen a GL recreate every super hero on earth, all with thie rpowers and individual minds. And Tyrant has like NO feats to suggest he is over Odin. Thanos sure as hell looked worse against Odin than he did against Tyrant. And lets not forget that Tyrant was briefly matched by Gladiator in an energy contest. Odin was one shotting beings on gladiators level with no effort. Thanos never hurt odin once. yet Ganyemede managed to hurt tyrant. come now.

Bouboumaster

It's in his character, since Mighty Galactus doesn't care about "low life". But anyway, he wouldn't have to use this sort of power.

He just kill them. 10/10.

Mindset

Tyrant is significantly above Odin in power, Odin is nothing to Galactus just like these guys are.

Bouboumaster
*Galactus squashing Odin*

"Bwah! An Odin more or less!"

BradBalboa
tbh i think Supes, thor, SS, and Hal have a betetr chance of winning !!
Galactus is powerful, but Silver Surfer, Superman, Thor and the greatest GL !! he aint toppin that !!

hulkcpbifiussjf
Big G FTW

Ambient
You sure as hell dont' read enough GL"s or DC to make the rediculous statements that you do. Kyle held the big bang in the Imperiex Saga. And I've seen a GL nearly Recreate and entire star system. Also seen a GL recreate every super hero on earth, all with thie rpowers and individual minds. And Tyrant has like NO feats to suggest he is over Odin. Thanos sure as hell looked worse against Odin than he did against Tyrant. And lets not forget that Tyrant was briefly matched by Gladiator in an energy contest. Odin was one shotting beings on gladiators level with no effort. Thanos never hurt odin once. yet Ganyemede managed to hurt tyrant. come now.

No he didn't, not the totality energy of the bigbang. Portions where siphoned by Darkseid/Brainiac and Kyle is no ordinary ring bearer, well atleast not at his earlier run..

Surfer>>>>>Normal Gl.. Anytime/anywhere..

fangirl101
Originally posted by Ambient
No he didn't, not the totality energy of the bigbang. Portions where siphoned by Darkseid/Brainiac and Kyle is no ordinary ring bearer, well atleast not at his earlier run..

Surfer>>>>>Normal Gl.. Anytime/anywhere..
Who the hell is talking about a normal GL? We are talking about Hal and Kyle.

Ambient
I am..

Hal and kyle debatable but my take Surfer above them but thats just me..

fangirl101
I am..

Hal and kyle debatable but my take Surfer above them but thats just me..
name five things that Surfer can do that they cannot.

janus77
carry on blasting for 24hrs 2 minute
carry on blasting for 24hrs 4 minute
carry on blasting for 24hrs 6 minute
carry on blasting for 24hrs 8 minute
carry on blasting for 24hrs 10 minute...

shifty

tdazz

shifty

laughing laughing laughing stick out tongue

Nihilist
big g easy

ultimatethor

shifty

laughing out loud

Ambient
Make a blackhole
Destroy a planet
Dimensional hopping
Process info at ftl speed
chronal BFR
Project yellow energy big grin
etc..etc..

fangirl101
Make a blackhole
Destroy a planet
Dimensional hopping
Process info at ftl speed
chronal BFR
Project yellow energy big grin
etc..etc..
Nah.

GL's can make a black hole.
Kilowog absorbed an entire planet's worth of souls into his ring, what makes you think he can't destroy one?
Um, it was a GL ring that sent the angels back to heaven and sent the quantums onto thier next dimension.
Thier rings can process info. Hell thier rings usually have most info on hand.

Ambient
Nope?? when??
1 feat showing.. When did he destroy a planet?
speculation..
Anyone can process info but not @ FTl??

kgkg
Nope?? when??
1 feat showing.. When did he destroy a planet?
speculation..
Anyone can process info but not @ FTl??
Gl has showns planet destroying feats before at least in the Pre Crisis days , as far as what a Gl can do? well pretty much anything Surfer can and more only thing I whould say puts Surfer over Top Gl's whould be his power is not based on Will and like you were saying can react and opperated faster than Gl's.
But as far as feat goes Gl's has tons of Surfer like feat and more. And am only talking about top Gl's :/

TricksterPriest
The extreme Surfer wankery wears thin............uhuh

Val-E-Doosh
I never thought I'd see the day when kg was the sensible Surfer fan on KMC.

ultimatethor
Nah.

GL's can make a black hole.
Kilowog absorbed an entire planet's worth of souls into his ring, what makes you think he can't destroy one?
Um, it was a GL ring that sent the angels back to heaven and sent the quantums onto thier next dimension.
Thier rings can process info. Hell thier rings usually have most info on hand.

When has any gl ( non pre crisis), created a blackhole? Ive seen them escape, survive and evn close blackholes but never create them.

kgkg
Originally posted by ultimatethor
When has any gl ( non pre crisis), created a blackhole? Ive seen them escape, survive and evn close blackholes but never create them. I didn't know the Crisis affected the Gl's smile

ultimatethor
Originally posted by kgkg
I didn't know the Crisis affected the Gl's smile

Well im not sure what to believe on that issue. There was a discussion on it some weeks back and both sides seemed pretty convincing.

kgkg

guy222
Geez Marvel

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/625532_Fantastic_Four_559-022-023.jpg
http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/625533_Fantastic_Four_559-024.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.