GANTZ is the best manga/anime ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

judgement hand
do you agree?

~the gantz loving hand of judgement

Emperor Ashtar
Gantz is damn Good, and is one of my favorite manga second to only One Piece.

Black Adam
It's enjoyable. Wouldn't call it the best ever.

Wouldn't call anything the best ever actually.

judgement hand
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Gantz is damn Good, and is one of my favorite manga second to only One Piece.

high five!!

Lord Ryugen
The Gantz manga is pretty good but the anime made me stand up in the middle of a university hall and scream at it.

judgement hand
it just sort of cuts off

Lord Ryugen
It was so agonizingly slow. I mean I can understand the company's desire to get the entire manga into the series but I don't want to watch a bunch of characters discussing for ten minutes whether or not they'll walk down a street. Let alone how long it took to decide anything important.

judgement hand
i think that they wanted to show the trauma that these people faced

~the traumatized hand of judgement

chithappens
I got to vol. 5 and stopped. Just stupid violence for no damn reason. It just felt like everyone was dying without a damn purpose. Got real boring to me real fast. I tried but it wasn't worth it to me

boobsmagee
i liked it for the most part (i only saw the anime, one of the only animes i own the whole series of lol, both box sets together for 40$ cheap) but the anime blew, i liked the ending, it leaves you to imagine what comes next, is the ending different in the manga? but half the time, o no we cant kill th emonsters they didnt do anything to us, its wrong, bam dead

jonny-we cant kill it man we cant, thats just sick
bam dead

timmy-maybe we should kill it? what if it kills us, nvm lets hide
dead

paulie, ok guys im gonna do it
bam monsters dead

next monster

that was a lame example similar to the one i gave in the last gantz thread, but they hesitated for ten minutes as the monsters are trying to kill them, and are killing htem, then they finally decide to kill the monster :/

judgement hand
so. they have a sense of decency, "oh no"

Black Adam
Originally posted by boobsmagee
is the ending different in the manga?

hasn't ended yet. probably won't for a while.

boobsmagee
oh O>O

i may check it out then(lie)

judgement hand
gantz kick the ass, don't diss the gantz

~the black, spherical hand of judgement

HonkyTonkMan
It's damn good anime, some pr*ck stole my episode 1 DVD and ruined my collection lol. They so need to make a series 2 for it, along with a series 2 Beserk. Gantz and Beserk are my 2 favourite anime of all time.

theREvamped
The first few volumes were torture, but after that it really started to rock. Now it's in my top 15 favs. Now, instead of just action (which, don't get me wrong, is good on it's own), there's one awesome plot to go along with it.

Black Adam
Originally posted by theREvamped
there's one awesome plot

they're currently fighting a giant multi boob monster, the only decent developed characters are dead , and the main story(if you can call it that) hasn't moved that much in around 70 chapters.

Classic NES
Gantz has really slow development though, Like Berserk. How long did it take kurono to develop into the Kurono we know?

Otus

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by judgement hand
do you agree?

~the gantz loving hand of judgement

I disagree.

I say it's the "Fist of the NorthStar" and "Ninja Scroll".

Project Jedah
GANTZ is hot, but it aint the best...

FistOfThe North
I'm currently downloading parts 1-26 (uncut) of this GANTZ anime.

For the last couple of years i've been reading and hearing about how good it is and it's now time for me to see what the big deal is.

I heard it's mixed with CGI so it should be visually impressive, as well.

I'll give my humble review of it throughout and after viewing it, that i may better respond to the thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.