Knocked Up, Judd Apatows new movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doubal
Big fan of Judd Apatow here so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the previews for Knocked Up, I hadn't heard about it before but judging by the previews it looks really funny. Anyone going to be seeing it? I found a funny little flash for the movie called the knocked up baby pic generator (babypicgenerator.com), basically you match 2 of the actors/actresses facial features up to make a baby, sometimes the results are great, sometimes, they are hideous. here is mine

http://knockedupbabymaker.com/babyimg/b55b3f153dae061b102e7a5baf9906a2.jpg

Wolfie
The 40 Year-Old Virgin is extremely overrated. This one just looks stupid.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Wolfie
The 40 Year-Old Virgin is extremely overrated.

Bite your tongue!

That movie was incredibly funny.

ADarksideJedi
It is overrated!Thta movie sounds awful.Why they keep running out of ideas is beyond me!JM

exanda kane
Saw a preview and ticked it off my list. I really didn't find the 40-year old virgin that amusing, and a lesser film like this has no chance.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
It is overrated!Thta movie sounds awful.Why they keep running out of ideas is beyond me!JM

If "they" ran out of ideas there would be no new movies. Granted there are alot of BAD movies out there, but they make money, and until a concept stops making money you will see many reincarnations of the same movie until it stops making money

and 40 year old virgin wasnt overated, Atleast not to the reviews ive heard. I only heard that it was a good comedy. I diddnt hear anyone saying it was a film that redifened how comedy should be made. I only heard it was a good movie, and thats what it is...a good movie nothing more

ADarksideJedi
We will never have a good clasic movie until Pirates 3 comes out!I meant by running out of ideas is that they can't think of better plots for movies now adays or stop from making movies so dang long.
I don't know about you but sitting three hours at the movies is really boring and pointless.jm

.Dance_Inside.
yeah I HATED the 40 year old virgin..

but like I never know, It might be really good..
I probably just rent it

ragesRemorse
We will never have a good clasic movie until Pirates 3 comes out!I meant by running out of ideas is that they can't think of better plots for movies now adays or stop from making movies so dang long.
I don't know about you but sitting three hours at the movies is really boring and pointless.jm

I think if they failed to make a classic the first two times, pirates 3 will NOT be a classic. your talking about running out of ideas but your panning for pirates 3? your talking about sitting in a theater for three hours but you like the pirates movies? Man...you have contradiction all over you buddy. to you Pirates may be an original movie, but to me its nothing but eye candy, and several other movie formulas crammed into one.

My point is that, in each generation there is always a movie template that many other movies are created from, this is because several movies came along that struck a cord with movie audiences. Seeing how studios like to make money, they wil lfollow the formula until it stops making money. Just like the remake and comic book craze. In a few more years comic book flicks wil llose their draw just as remakes. Sooner or later orginality breaks through into the mainstream from the indy market.

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think if they failed to make a classic the first two times, pirates 3 will NOT be a classic. your talking about running out of ideas but your panning for pirates 3? your talking about sitting in a theater for three hours but you like the pirates movies? Man...you have contradiction all over you buddy. to you Pirates may be an original movie, but to me its nothing but eye candy, and several other movie formulas crammed into one.

My point is that, in each generation there is always a movie template that many other movies are created from, this is because several movies came along that struck a cord with movie audiences. Seeing how studios like to make money, they wil lfollow the formula until it stops making money. Just like the remake and comic book craze. In a few more years comic book flicks wil llose their draw just as remakes. Sooner or later orginality breaks through into the mainstream from the indy market.

I agree with you, on the Pirates movies.
They annoy the crap out of me...

ADarksideJedi
I can see why you think it is eye candy.But it is made by a ride at the CA park.To make a story from a ride to me is pretty creative.So far nothing that had happen in that movie I had seen happen in other movies.
That is why I said that the plot is good.This movie abot s omeone getting knockout has happen in alot of movies "Nine Months" "Look who is talking" and alot more.
It is also happening every day in america and everywhere else that I tihnk it is more of a promblem then a joke.Anywho If you go see it enjoy!JM

H. S. 6
That is why I said that the plot is good.This movie abot s omeone getting knockout has happen in alot of movies "Nine Months" "Look who is talking" and alot more.
It is also happening every day in america and everywhere else that I tihnk it is more of a promblem then a joke.Anywho If you go see it enjoy!JM

What the f**k?

Being unconscious is now equivalent to becoming pregnant?

ADarksideJedi
No but if you put your self in that sort of postion then it is not the guy's fault it is more your fault.Everyone knows the amount of beer or wine they can have before they get drunk and if you have too much you are aware of it.
Sadly it is the cause of most unwed mothers.Like I said it is not a joke it is a promblem everyone faces that is getting worst by the second.jm

.Dance_Inside.
I can see why you think it is eye candy.But it is made by a ride at the CA park.To make a story from a ride to me is pretty creative.So far nothing that had happen in that movie I had seen happen in other movies.

Good points!

SnakeEyes

Dumbest member ever?

I think so.

exanda kane
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Dumbest member ever?

I think so.

English might not be his/her first language.

Tattoo
Originally posted by exanda kane
English might not be his/her first language.

Sadly it is. smile

exanda kane
I knew that comment was going to come eek!

But never the less, don't mock those less fortunate than yourself roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strangelove
There was a sneak preview of it at my college, so I went.

srug It wasn't terrible

InnerRise
I've been hearing very good things about this movie and how good it's suppose to be.

I wouldn't have never guessed it based on the previews.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

H. S. 6
No but if you put your self in that sort of postion then it is not the guy's fault it is more your fault.Everyone knows the amount of beer or wine they can have before they get drunk and if you have too much you are aware of it.
Sadly it is the cause of most unwed mothers.Like I said it is not a joke it is a promblem everyone faces that is getting worst by the second.jm

Actually, I was referring to when you equated getting pregnant to "s omeone getting knockout."

Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

ragesRemorse

This movie looks more like a parody of topical issues rather than a promotion. Creative and orginal are Two very different things. Most movies that come out are creative spins on a recycled ideas. The comedy genre is prime example of this. To me comedies dont need to be original, i know i dont look for a story that breaks the mold when i sit down to watch a comedy. I am merely looking for good presentation of an empty story with great delivery of humorous dialogue.

As for Pirates, nothing new really went into the story that the ride diddnt offer. I know many people thought it was original because Theres not many Pirate movies being made. I'll agree that the films have been creative, Silly, childish, but creative. As a movie fan though i diddnt see anything classic or original about them. The movies serve their purpose for being fun ride, nothing more and nothing less. Movies of substance they are not. I dont have problem with this, i like your typical popcorn movie as much as the next guy, i just felt the movies were poorly paced and redundant. This is getting off topic though. I am still wandering what makes you think the pirates movies are classics

ADarksideJedi
I think different.Pirates are very creative.What does KNockup have to offer?It is just another movie that is base on it being funny that this woman is going to have a baby.
How is tht funny with all the teen preg?Is teen Preg.Funny?If so then maybe this m ovie is ok for you.If not you know what I mean.jm

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Actually, I was referring to when you equated getting pregnant to "s omeone getting knockout."

Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

laughing

ragesRemorse
I think different.Pirates are very creative.What does KNockup have to offer?It is just another movie that is base on it being funny that this woman is going to have a baby.
How is tht funny with all the teen preg?Is teen Preg.Funny?If so then maybe this m ovie is ok for you.If not you know what I mean.jm

I wasnt trying to insinuate that i thought the concept for this film was orginal.
Its not the the woman getting pregnant that is funny, it is the circumstances and situations used to tell the story that are crafted into being humorous. What is funny about a 40 year old virgin? nothing, but its a stage for a story to be told. Using topical issues serious or not have always been a source for comedy. Many of SNL or other comdey skit shows use serious situations to tell a joke. Lord knows Dave chapelle used very serious and edgy situations and crafted them masterfully into very funny jokes.

Many things can be funny about teen pregnancies, and whats the damn issue for feeling compassion for people that couldnt keep their legs closed or their dicks in their pants all of the sudden. What about you and i who have to pay for their mistakes out of our paychecks?

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Dumbest member ever?

I think so.

that's harsh.

ADarksideJedi
Glad one of you have some sence in you!jm

InnerRise
Glad one of you have some sence in you!jm I hope no one has SENCE in them.

Maybe some SENSE, but not SENCE.

This brings to question as to whether you have any SENSE in you.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
that's harsh.

Yes it is...

Glad one of you have some sence in you!jm

... But it's true.

ADarksideJedi
Not sure what you put at the end there.But whatever!Go see the movie if you want!Anyway I was talking good to that person who argeed with me not mocking them!
Man you guys can't take a insult from saying something nice about a person!jm

SpaceMonkey
Just saw this movie last night and it was EXTREMELY good. Very funny and the story was really good. It's gonna be this year's 40-Year Old Virgin.

Solo
It's twice the film the 40-Year Old Virgin is.

Skeets
Great Movie.
Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd,great duo.

=Tired Hiker=
I'll go see this.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Strangelove
There was a sneak preview of it at my college, so I went.

srug It wasn't terrible After thinking about it and reading a few reviews, I've come to the conclusion that past the juvenile humor (which is still very authentic), this is an intelligent and very human film, as well as being genuinely funny. Good stuff thumbsup

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Strangelove
After thinking about it and reading a few reviews, I've come to the conclusion that past the juvenile humor (which is still very authentic), this is an intelligent and very human film, as well as being genuinely funny. Good stuff thumbsup

I felt the same way about 40 Year Old Virgin. That movie had heart. I can only imagine that this movie will too.

Strangelove
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I felt the same way about 40 Year Old Virgin. That movie had heart. I can only imagine that this movie will too. Gotta love movies with heart yes

Darth Vicious
Ive heard/read nothing but great reviews for this movie which is surprising because Seth dont struck me as a big satr. Will most def check it out.

Strangelove
well being a big star doesn't really affect the quality of a film

Tattoo
Strong numbers, and had it opened in more theaters could have easily surpassed Pirates this week.

On another note, Seth Rogan is awesome, I loved him in Freaks and Geeks and I hope his star continues to rise because he's hilarious without being over the top.

Tattoo
I got to see it today. I have to agree with everyone else, a hilarious film with heart. smile Defiantly purchasing the Unrated DVD when it comes out.

RedAlertv2
Wierd, I didnt expect this movie to recieve such good reviews. Ill definitely need to check it out

ADarksideJedi
It is one of those movies that teens would go see or imature boys.There is nothing funny about being knocked out.Because it happening all the time to teens everyday.Why make a movie out of something that is not funny?jm

PONG_MASTER
It is one of those movies that teens would go see or imature boys.There is nothing funny about being knocked out.Because it happening all the time to teens everyday.Why make a movie out of something that is not funny?jm

Get your panties out of a wad. Do you get offended by cheesy, horror movies too?

Tattoo

There you go showing your blatant bias and idiocy once more.

1. The title is Knocked Up, learn to read.
2. They are taking a serious topic and throwing in some jokes, but also showing the guy being a man.
3. This has nothing to do with teenagers.

Darth Vicious
Finally got to see it. Pretty good movie with tons of heart. Most of the jokes were pretty funny too. Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen have excellent chemistry together. One thing I noticed was Paul Rudd mentioning "Everybody Loves Raymond" again (He mentioned it in the 40 Year Old Virgin), either he loved the tv show or the writer do.

Smasandian
This movie was soo ****ing funny.

I liked how the director and writer let loose on language and adult jokes. I'm sick and tired of seeing movies made for PG-13, and not R rated comedies.

Seth Rogen was awesome and Paul Rudd was great.

Great movie. Hundred times better than the 40 Year Old Virgin.

Dusty
Seeing it tonight.

SnakeEyes

You are SO ****ing stupid.

exanda kane

I know I'm going to dislike the "humour" in this movie, but why should you need to make a movie about something being funny?

I'd recommend Kids for you.

BackFire
Holy shit, this movie was so impressive, blew me away. ****ing hilarious and really touching. I love when a movie comes out and just totally destroys your expectations!

H. S. 6
Wow. I've heard nothing but great things about this movie.

I was planning on waiting for the DVD, but I'll definitely be checking this out in theaters.

Dusty
Excellent film.

Da Rev
Originally posted by Dusty
Excellent film. That said it all.

[Walkah]
I hated it. I mean, I actually expected better, but I just didn't like it.

SnakeEyes
Saw it last night.

Loved every minute of it.

Deano
"Explosively funny" said Variety. Huh? It was explosively *frightening*...to hear the audience howl and laugh ON CUE, as they have been conditioned to do by corporate 'entertainment' moguls who literally are engineering culture...and mind-molding generations...with this and similar exploitation films.

The audience wasn't served humor...it was fed pure TRASH...and the most UN-funny, crushingly boring dialogue, and crass amateur 'acting' this writer may have ever witnessed.

http://rense.com/general77/luci.htm

This despicable mind control spiritual butchery and cultural car wreck of a movie is termed " a terrific film - one of the year's best, easily " by the Village Voice, and " an instant classic..." by the NY Times, and get this one:

"more explosively funny, more frequently, than nearly any other major studio release in recent memory." said Variety.

Huh?

An 'instant classic'?

A 'terrific film'?

And 'more explosively funny' than any major film in 'recent memory'?

In fact, 'Knocked Up' is the most vile, most despicable rape of what's left of morality and decency...and *boundaries*... in America this viewer can imagine. It is a de facto celebration of the devastation of our young peoples' sensitive, forming minds and hearts, and teaches them that animal

behavior and gross irresponsibility is the NORM...that it's OK...that it's a desirable, trendy, good times lifestyle that counts.

In fact, this beyond vulgar film is emblematic of the depths to which the majority of our younger society has been led...sunken to the bottom of a cesspool of drugs and sex...and drugs and sex. Oh, and 110 decibel 'music', too. Just ask any honest, socially-active teen.

The degradation of women and the mindless, cretinous behavior of the central group of young 'men' in this 'screenplay' sent the message loudly and clearly to the audience: no responsibility, no restraint, no respect, no reverence for common decency and no serious self-control.

"Explosively funny" said Variety. Huh? It was explosively *frightening*...to hear the audience howl and laugh ON CUE, as they have been conditioned to do by corporate 'entertainment' moguls who literally are engineering culture...and mind-molding generations...with this and similar exploitation films.

The audience wasn't served humor...it was fed pure TRASH...and the most UN-funny, crushingly boring dialogue, and crass amateur 'acting' this writer may have ever witnessed.

Yet, the de-sensitized zombies and mind-controlled dolts in the theater ate it up and screamed with porcine delight.

Each time the script cadence said 'laugh', they howled. Everything is 'funny' now. Especially when the feminine lead goes into the bathroom and farts. Great humour, indeed. Witty, sophisticated and fabulously creative.

Our children have been irrevocably mind-melded by the ghouls who churn out this kind of wretched product...nothing less than a putrid debasement of the values that once put America on top of the planet in setting the example of personal kindness, decent values and social morality.

This kind of moronic, degenerate role-modeling is being used and misused by millions of young people trying to figure out the mess they are living in. Pathetically, this film and its brethren will do nothing to aid in that process. Instead, this kind of garbage will be conveniently employed by impressionable and malformed youth to justify and mitigate their failure to achieve...or even to strive for...much of anything in life beyond wage slavery. And today's staggering *peer group pressure* makes it a perfect partner to mind control/influencing films like this.

Our young people will never know the gentleness, kindness, care and civility of the times in which American culture achieved its zenith. Those days are gone. Replaced by the new, despicable baseline behavior so luridly splayed across the screen.

As a footnote, the editing was pathetic... including the three-times disappearing seat belt of one of the two little girls in the back seat of the car in the opening minutes of the film. What a joke.

And the woman who played the foul-mouthed, quasi-unfaithful wretch of an older sister was so overly made-up, she made the Stepford Wives look like paupers. One scene has her sitting in her fluffy bed in pajamas, painted up like a halloween mask, wearing at least a pound of lip gloss and with every little strand of hair, curled and locked into perfect precision. Absurd.

This incredibly destructive, debasing 'film' is, of course, reflective of what America has become. It IS the new NORM. The only question remaining is, one supposes, how much lower can it go?

Smasandian
That guy needs to get laid.

[Walkah]
Originally posted by Deano

This despicable mind control spiritual butchery and cultural car wreck of a movie is termed " a terrific film - one of the year's best, easily " by the Village Voice, and " an instant classic..." by the NY Times, and get this one:

"more explosively funny, more frequently, than nearly any other major studio release in recent memory." said Variety.

Huh?

An 'instant classic'?

A 'terrific film'?

In fact, 'Knocked Up' is the most vile, most despicable rape of what's left of morality and decency...and *boundaries*... in America this viewer can imagine. It is a de facto celebration of the devastation of our young peoples' sensitive, forming minds and hearts, and teaches them that animal

behavior and gross irresponsibility is the NORM...that it's OK...that it's a desirable, trendy, good times lifestyle that counts.

In fact, this beyond vulgar film is emblematic of the depths to which the majority of our younger society has been led...sunken to the bottom of a cesspool of drugs and sex...and drugs and sex. Oh, and 110 decibel 'music', too. Just ask any honest, socially-active teen.

The degradation of women and the mindless, cretinous behavior of the central group of young 'men' in this 'screenplay' sent the message loudly and clearly to the audience: no responsibility, no restraint, no respect, no reverence for common decency and no serious self-control.

Yet, the de-sensitized zombies and mind-controlled dolts in the theater ate it up and screamed with porcine delight.

Each time the script cadence said 'laugh', they howled. Everything is 'funny' now. Especially when the feminine lead goes into the bathroom and farts. Great humour, indeed. Witty, sophisticated and fabulously creative.

Our children have been irrevocably mind-melded by the ghouls who churn out this kind of wretched product...nothing less than a putrid debasement of the values that once put America on top of the planet in setting the example of personal kindness, decent values and social morality.

This kind of moronic, degenerate role-modeling is being used and misused by millions of young people trying to figure out the mess they are living in. Pathetically, this film and its brethren will do nothing to aid in that process. Instead, this kind of garbage will be conveniently employed by impressionable and malformed youth to justify and mitigate their failure to achieve...or even to strive for...much of anything in life beyond wage slavery. And today's staggering *peer group pressure* makes it a perfect partner to mind control/influencing films like this.

Our young people will never know the gentleness, kindness, care and civility of the times in which American culture achieved its zenith. Those days are gone. Replaced by the new, despicable baseline behavior so luridly splayed across the screen.

As a footnote, the editing was pathetic... including the three-times disappearing seat belt of one of the two little girls in the back seat of the car in the opening minutes of the film. What a joke.

And the woman who played the foul-mouthed, quasi-unfaithful wretch of an older sister was so overly made-up, she made the Stepford Wives look like paupers. One scene has her sitting in her fluffy bed in pajamas, painted up like a halloween mask, wearing at least a pound of lip gloss and with every little strand of hair, curled and locked into perfect precision. Absurd.

This incredibly destructive, debasing 'film' is, of course, reflective of what America has become. It IS the new NORM. The only question remaining is, one supposes, how much lower can it go?

Right on!

manorastroman

Huh?

An 'instant classic'?

A 'terrific film'?

*cough*

i don't even know where to start. luckily, as the author presumably hasn't left his house or had a mutually beneficial human interaction in years, i don't really have to know where to start.

he's right, though; we should certainly go back to an older time, where american culture was reflected--through film--by women being backhanded, rampant alcoholism, and people in blackface. awesome.

SnakeEyes

Huh?

An 'instant classic'?

A 'terrific film'?

Pathetic.

RedAlertv2
Its funny, in Deano's desperate attempts to seem rebellious, hes actually endorsed a conservative article.

Deano = phail

Solo
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Its funny, in Deano's desperate attempts to seem rebellious, hes actually endorsed a conservative article.

Deano = phail
im pretty sure he didnt actualy agree with the arcticle

RedAlertv2
Its from rense.com. Deano gets a boner for that kind of stuff

SnakeEyes
The movie came out yesterday on DVD.

Needless to say, I ran out and bought/watched it immediately.

Still love this movie.

Dusty
Originally posted by InnerRise
I've been hearing very good things about this movie and how good it's suppose to be.

I wouldn't have never guessed it based on the previews.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

You can never judge a film by a preview. Some of the best movies out there have shitty ass trailers.

=Tired Hiker=
I just watched Knocked Up on dvd the other night, I thought it was classic. Those guys are totally like my friends and I when we were in college. Love it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Knocked Up was one hell of a great movie.

Dusty
Just re-watched it. Fantastic. Love this film. Superbad was funnier, but this has more replay value for certain.

yvonnekarate
I didn't like it to be honest, too cheesy in my opinion.

Regards, Yvonne

Discos
*end of credits roll in*.....

*stands and applauds*.

Dudes this movie wa sheer amazing, I cant believe I didnt see it in the cinema when I had the chance. I aint laughed like that in a long long time. Better than Superbad IMO.

Discos - "when I shoot, i always aim right"
"yeah right into a guys ass"

Outbound
Watched it the other night, wasnt that funny, but alright to watch.

Discos
for some reason I was in stitches, I dont usually laugh at movies too much but this one was good. Probably the last movie I laughed that hard was American Pie 3

Discos - which reminds me, I need to see that Beta House

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.