The Thing vs The Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tyranno-Chris
While the Thing is stronger, The Lizard is smarter and quicker. And he has claws and teeth and a gigantic tail to mop the floor with the thing.
Whats your vote?
Lizard FTW!

Tyranno-Chris
SHOOT! I accidentally voted for the thing!

don't shiv
Clobbering time! soon as Ben grabs a fistfull of tail

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tyranno-Chris
SHOOT! I accidentally voted for the thing!

Well ... at least your subconscious isn't insane.

stick out tongue

Hercules
Originally posted by Scoobless

stick out tongue laughing

Newjak

stick out tongue laughing

tkitna
The Thing would barely notice the lizard and would beat him to within an inch of his life very quickly.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by tkitna
The Thing would barely notice the lizard and would beat him to within an inch of his life very quickly.
Not really. I think Lizard is strong enough to inflict some damage, and he's certainly much much faster than Thing.

Thing still wins however. Just not as easy as one might think.

Sparkz
While the Thing is stronger, The Lizard is smarter and quicker. And he has claws and teeth and a gigantic tail to mop the floor with the thing.
Whats your vote?
Lizard FTW!

lol the Lizard isn't that smart, Conners in but the Lizard certainly isn't, Lizard is defiantly faster but the way he fights normally doesn't involve dodging so Thing 10/10 pretty easily

Scoobless
The Lizard knows everything Conners knows and is far more devious.

Sparkz
The Lizard knows everything Conners knows and is far more devious.

Oh yeah I forgot there was that story line that revealed that the Lizard was just an evil version of Conners or something to that effect. I was thinking back to the 60's where Lizard didn't even know he was Conner's and couldn't understand Conners scientific notes.

golem370
Thing has fought the best Lizard isn't one of them.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by golem370
Thing has fought the best Lizard isn't one of them.
That doesn't mean Thing will have it easy. Lizard is a fast, ferocious and cunning enemy.

Grimm22
Lizard's only attribute in this fight is his speed

His knowledge of science isn't going to help him defeat someone as skilled as Ben wink

Thing 9/10

Symmetric Chaos
Thing destroys him no expression

Tyranno-Chris
The Lizard can use his brains to strategize, and , after a while, beat thing.

Estacado
The Lizard can use his brains to strategize, and , after a while, beat thing.
Not happening.
Thing goes toe to toe with guys like Hulk while Lizard fights Spider-Man.

Badabing
The Lizard can use his brains to strategize, and , after a while, beat thing. Umm, how about no. dur

LORDSIDIOUS01
One punch from Ben and Doc Connors goes down for the count.

snoopdogg
Thing wins this one.

guy222
thing

Tony Stark
If Ben fought only hitting The Lizard with his head...
It would be Ben 10/10

StiltmanFTW
Best chance for Lizzy would going after the eyes or shoving his arm in Ben's mouth.

Me and King were discussing this a long time ago.

Horrificus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
or shoving his arm in Ben's mouth.

Me and King were discussing this a long time ago. Did you guys actually try it out together?
Just curious.

StiltmanFTW
laughing

No.

The whole trick is Lizard biting off his arm and making Ben choke on it. If not, he can always regrow it and keep on fighting.

Horrificus
laughing

No.

The whole trick is Lizard biting off his arm and making Ben choke on it. If not, he can always regrow it and keep on fighting. Hehe.
It would probably work. Since Mr. Fixit was able to beat She-Thing by jamming his fist in her mouth and pinching her uvula with her fingers.

juggernaut74
Best chance for Lizzy would going after the eyes or shoving his arm in Ben's mouth.

Me and King were discussing this a long time ago. That could actually work.

Endless Mike
Thing

Shabazz916
The lizard in a hard battle winning by fightn smart and using his speed tail and strength to counter ben slowness

Bouboumaster
It's not like Thing is a 'tard:
The dude was an astronaut, for christ sake! He's probably one of the more intelligent dude on the planet. And he hangs with Reed "Chek my big brain, *****" Richards.

But anyways. He kills Lizard 10/10

Shabazz916
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The dude was an astronaut, for christ sake! He's probably one of the more intelligent dude on the planet. And he hangs with Reed "Chek my big brain, *****" Richards.

But anyways. He kills Lizard 10/10

Too smart ppl. But the lizard is a lil smarter and more evil and skilled as far as the way he can approach thing. The lizards tail would rock bens world. Bad!!!! Be. Is a brick and the lizard is strong if he can knock ben down by hitn ben with his tail or some other way he fight is over

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Shabazz916
Too smart ppl. But the lizard is a lil smarter and more evil and skilled as far as the way he can approach thing. The lizards tail would rock bens world. Bad!!!! Be. Is a brick and the lizard is strong if he can knock ben down by hitn ben with his tail or some other way he fight is over

I think that whatever Lizard can do, Thing can take it like a champ.
On the other hand, if Thing connect, it's all over man.

DTM
Thing is so much more powerful than Lizard, its not even funny (Im not even sure Liz can even hurt Ben). Thing for the easy win here.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

But anyways. He kills Lizard 10/10 And Lizard is a scientist himself. Not to mention that Thing doesn't gets portrayed like the typical astronaut, the Wrecking Crew, or at least 1-2 members are scientists too, I guess that makes them the smartest Bricks ever even if they're like 90% of the time portrayed like ****ing idiots.

If Liz can still mindrape this is not even worth arguing.

If mindrape is out probably siding with Thing.

StiltmanFTW
Thunderball (the only smart guy on the team as far as I know) is actually portrayed as being the second most effective guy on the team after the Wrecker.

SamZED
Lizard's last transformation was pretty ubber.

golem370
Thing would not even feel his attacks but would be destroyed with one punch from Thing

namorsubby
Thing would have alot of trouble catching him, but @ the end of the day he's just too strong/durable.

Mindset
I agree with namorshubby.

StiltmanFTW
Thing would not even feel his attacks but would be destroyed with one punch from Thing

Thing feels Spider-Man's attacks just fine... he got hurt by Pete even when he was amped by Serpent laughing out loud

Lizard's three times stronger than Parker.

golem370
PIS on the Spider-Man and Lizard has always been billed at 12 tons

StiltmanFTW
PIS on the Spider-Man and Lizard has always been billed at 12 tons

Or maybe Ben's just that weak smile

Statements in the actual comic book > handbooks. We always knew Lizard was significantly tougher and stronger by Spidey, him being only class twelve wouldn't make much sense, tbh.

StiltmanFTW
...as the Lizard, he becomes as strong as three Spider-Men (...)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1043/spectacularspidermanv21.th.jpg

golem370
Ben was able to withstand three rounds from Champion

StiltmanFTW
Ben was able to withstand three rounds from Champion

Aaand Spidey took a beating from P5 Colossus...

Thing's hardly the only one with "heart" showings.

KingD19
Colossus was holding back against Spidey, trying to make him see "sense". He wouldn't even end him even though Magik made it abundantly clear it wouldn't be too hard.

Pretty sure Champion didn't hold back against Ben.

StiltmanFTW
And Champion was going all out?

golem370
Lizard could hit him all day and wouldn't put him down in my opinion. Thing has been show fast enough to hit Spider-Man.

KingD19
And Champion was going all out?

I don't think he held back against any of them. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

golem370
He wasn't he beat Sasquatch and Colossus badly

StiltmanFTW
Lizard could hit him all day and wouldn't put him down in my opinion. Thing has been show fast enough to hit Spider-Man.

And Spidey never really got ko'd.

Lizard's more durable and has a hf. Doesn't bode well for Ben.

Claws to the eyes/choking him with a detached limb could very well work.

KingD19
That was pretty impressive to stay conscious through all of that. But let's be honest, Avengers were given lots of favoritism in AvX. That was obviously playing to Spidey's popularity, as Colossus had his own strength amped by Juggernaut and by Phoenix. There's no way he should have even lasted a fraction of that time, much less stayed conscious and standing, and able to speak.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
That was pretty impressive to stay conscious through all of that. But let's be honest, Avengers were given lots of favoritism in AvX. That was obviously playing to Spidey's popularity, as Colossus had his own strength amped by Juggernaut and by Phoenix. There's no way he should have even lasted a fraction of that time, much less stayed conscious and standing, and able to speak. It's Spiderman.

It doesn't matter.

golem370
The day I see Lizard take three heavy hits from Gladiator and either not die or be able to get up as fast Thing did then Lizard will only then be equal to Thing in durablilty.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindset
It's Spiderman.

It doesn't matter.

I know it's Spider-Man. Just like it's Captain America. Just like it's Batman, just like etc..

Doesn't make my point less true. A guy on Spidey's level of durability should not be able to take a beating from one of the physically strongest human mutants whose amped by being an avatar of physical force and destruction, as well as 2/4 of a Cosmic being of Destruction and Rebirth.

Just like Cap shouldn't have been able to two punch Warpath or shrug off Gambit exploding half his costume.

Mindset
I know it's Spider-Man. Just like it's Captain America. Just like it's Batman, just like etc..

Doesn't make my point less true. A guy on Spidey's level of durability should not be able to take a beating from one of the physically strongest human mutants whose amped by being an avatar of physical force and destruction, as well as 2/4 of a Cosmic being of Destruction and Rebirth.

Just like Cap shouldn't have been able to two punch Warpath or shrug off Gambit exploding half his costume. What is Spiderman's level of durability?

You can't compare him to Cap.

StiltmanFTW
The day I see Lizard take three heavy hits from Gladiator and either not die or be able to get up as fast Thing did then Lizard will only then be equal to Thing in durablilty.

I was talking about Lizard having superior durability to Spider-Man who took Thing's shots just fine.

Just like Cap shouldn't have been able to two punch Warpath

How do you know it wasn't a one-shot? laughing

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindset
What is Spiderman's level of durability?

You can't compare him to Cap.

I don't know, but there've been plenty of times when much much less than what Colossus did has definitively put him out of commission and down for the count.

And I'm comparing his feat to Cap's feats to point out that the Avengers were obviously the "favored" side of this whole back and forth.

I'm also saying that if Pete hadn't been holding back when he fought Spidey in Latveria, or when he fought him in Limbo. He would not have come out looking good in any way in either of those fights.

And lol, Stilt. The fact that he was still standing after the first one maybe? Let the man have some dignity.

StiltmanFTW
Happened off-panel. All we see is Warpath's "oh shit" face when he faces Cap, then Steve is holding his limp body with one hand.

At least in the Danger Room simulation Proudstar NPC looked a bit better.

KingD19
No, they actually fought in in of the AvX vs.

It was mainly Gambit vs Cap, but Cap got Warpath with a punch and a shield bash before that happened and he fell out.

golem370
Spider-Man fought Black Tarantula to a stand still but was in bad shape Thing is many times stronger then BT, Lizard has hurt Spider-Man pretty bad and he is atleast 2 times stronger then Lizard so Spider-Man taking Thing's hits is pure pis just like Batman doing any kind of damage physically to Darkseid or Captain America being able to last any longer then 5 seconds with Hulk its pure bs

Mindset
Spider-Man fought Black Tarantula to a stand still but was in bad shape Thing is many times stronger then BT, Lizard has hurt Spider-Man pretty bad and he is atleast 2 times stronger then Lizard so Spider-Man taking Thing's hits is pure pis just like Batman doing any kind of damage physically to Darkseid or Captain America being able to last any longer then 5 seconds with Hulk its pure bs When did he fight BT to a standstill?

I remember him getting his ass kicked.

golem370
Second appearance they were staring each other down but BT walk away.

StiltmanFTW
A staring contest? laughing out loud Only way Pete could've won.

golem370
He did win it was a stalemate since BT was the one who took off. Not sure which book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.