New Transformers Trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
The Transformers movie trailer is out. One Word SICK!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transformers.html;_ylt=AtyrzF.ufwpcw3HzikhXkCJfVXcA

forumcrew
yea its awesome.

SpaceMonkey
I can't wait!

Darth Vicious
I hope it dont sux. I like the sounds when they are transforming, straight out the cartoons.

Dreamt
Originally posted by forumcrew
yea its awesome.

Impediment
I tried to watch it twice, but the screen was green and hazy........ermmsrug

Impediment
I found a better one:

iw4Z434i9V0

vintageSW77
I hope this blows Pirates and Spidey away

WheretoVirtue?
Just hoping Shia LaBeouf's cheesy Even Stevensness doesn't rub off too much in this one.

(Seen in the tralier) I'm feeling it'll be a little Iron Giant in the fact that some of the robots are good-but they'll still be seen as Decepticons. That "Boo-Hoo those poor robots" factor-which I can't stand..
Humans can't live with anything more powerful than us-get that in those Transformers..whatever.

exanda kane
Michael Bay. Argh!

edwinian
Shia will surprise people I think. On the surface, the knee jerk reaction is to write him off as a bit of a tool, but I think the kids got chops. Have to think he does to be in Indy 4 also.

How hot is Megan Fox?

Also- anyone have more on Soundwave being an I-pod in the movie?

Impediment
I doubt, very much, that Soundwave will be in the movie. The producers are trying to keep the realistic scale proportions of the Transformers for credibility's sake, even if it is a far fetched sci-fi/action flick. That's why Megatron, instead of being a Walther P38 handgun, is now a stealth bomber jet in Transformer mode. It always baffled me how in the cartton series Megatron, as a robot, was over 12 feet tall, then after transforming into a handgun, he miraculously shrank down to handheld size.

Alpha Centauri
He shrank to handheld size for other transformers, he didn't shrink to the point that Spike could stroll around using him.

Mass displacement. That's why Astrotrain is as big as Starscream but Devestator can fit into him, it's a cartoon, you have to accept these things.

Why do they have noses? It's a cartoon. Either way, realistic or not, who is this movie going to appeal to most? Fans of Transformers, and how many fans of the show had a problem with these robots having noses? None. So they shouldn't make such drastic changes for the sake of Saturday night popcorn-goers. That's the Hollywood way, though.

-AC

edwinian
"They shouldn't make such drastic changes for the sake of Saturday night popcorn-goers. That's the Hollywood way, though."

Well said, so sad, but true.

But not getting down on Transformers at all though. Its going to be awesome for huge fans, and plain moviegoers alike.

Supreme being
That looks really good cant wait.

jules_2008
looks insane

=Tired Hiker=
I think I'm looking forward to The Transformers movie more than any other movie this Summer because it would be hard to go wrong making a movie like that. I mean, it's basically giant robots that fight each other, and that's awesome. As far as a story goes, who cares. I just want to see giant robots turning into things and blowing shit up. Sure it'd be nice to see a bit of clever plot line and character development, but the less the better. And that is the problem with these Summer blockbusters; take the Spider-Man movies for example, and the Pirates Of The Caribbean flicks, they spend too much time trying to give us a story that it becomes bogged with confusing character relations and unclear motives. Keep it simple, keep it short, and give me some good ol' action! I don't need a twenty minute scene where Peter Parker gripes over the death of Uncle Ben. I don't want to sit there sifting through what must be pages and pages of pirate dialogue designed to explain what the hell the snobby British guy is even doing there. Just blow shit up and fight, that is all. And that is why The Transformers movie will kick ass. I can't imagine there being a cheesy love story that will take up too much of the film, I mean by all means add a cheesy love story, but keep it short and then blow shit up. That is all, I'm done. Transformers. Best movie. Summer.

=Tired Hiker=
smile

doomsday49
looks dope.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think I'm looking forward to The Transformers movie more than any other movie this Summer because it would be hard to go wrong making a movie like that. I mean, it's basically giant robots that fight each other, and that's awesome. As far as a story goes, who cares. I just want to see giant robots turning into things and blowing shit up. Sure it'd be nice to see a bit of clever plot line and character development, but the less the better. And that is the problem with these Summer blockbusters; take the Spider-Man movies for example, and the Pirates Of The Caribbean flicks, they spend too much time trying to give us a story that it becomes bogged with confusing character relations and unclear motives. Keep it simple, keep it short, and give me some good ol' action! I don't need a twenty minute scene where Peter Parker gripes over the death of Uncle Ben. I don't want to sit there sifting through what must be pages and pages of pirate dialogue designed to explain what the hell the snobby British guy is even doing there. Just blow shit up and fight, that is all. And that is why The Transformers movie will kick ass. I can't imagine there being a cheesy love story that will take up too much of the film, I mean by all means add a cheesy love story, but keep it short and then blow shit up. That is all, I'm done. Transformers. Best movie. Summer.

You...you had trouble following Pirates of the Caribbean?

-AC

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You...you had trouble following Pirates of the Caribbean?

-AC

It was a bit confusing at times, yes. Many critics and fans thought so as well.

Supreme being

laughing laughing Its a Micheal Bay film i dont think you even need to worry about action.

edwinian
The Transformer Trailer TV spots look AWESOME.

Did anyone see the Bumblebee one?

Alpha Centauri
It was a bit confusing at times, yes. Many critics and fans thought so as well.

That's the worrying thing.

-AC

cruel jedi
last night me and my fiancee went to see potc: worlds end and i saw the trailer for transformers (the one with bumblebee) and it looks fantastic eek! its on my "must see as soon as it comes out list" stick out tongue

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's the worrying thing.

-AC

You're really worried about it? laughing

Alpha Centauri
You sheuuuudup.

-AC

forumcrew
They moved up the release date from July 4th to July 3rd

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by forumcrew
They moved up the release date from July 4th to July 3rd
That's titz on Ritz, because I have that day off! Happy Dance

forumcrew
now they moved it up again 8pm July 2nd ala POTC3

edwinian
Sweet Maria! That is awesome. I may have to take that whole week off to see it.

How amazing did:

A. Optimus look in those clips
B. Megan Fox look

Yowser!

forumcrew
heh did you guys hear Optimus talk yet? They did a spoof of the trailer durring the MTV movie awards (they used the awards as a big add campaign for it, even making up a new award to give it one already) In the spoff though it had Optimus talking which was bad ass. He went with the "more than meets the eye" line.

edwinian
Yeah, I saw that spoof with Optimus. Sweeeeet.
You knew the "more than meets the eye" line was coming. I thought his voice sounded cool. Now I'm VERY curious to see how the others sound. Any word on Soundwave?
Looking at the stills from the film and various other clips, the attention to detail on things like Prime's face is so well done.

darthmaul1
It looks totally wicked, but I am still going into it with low expectations cause it's michael bay. It can be hit and miss with him.
bad boys was good
the rock was great
armageddon sucked the big one
pearl harbor sucked even bigger
bad boys 2 didn't see (didn't peak my intrest to see it)
the island was good

so that's 2 good, 3 bad and 1 good so if the trend continues Transformers should be good.

forumcrew
Originally posted by darthmaul1
It looks totally wicked, but I am still going into it with low expectations cause it's michael bay. It can be hit and miss with him.
bad boys was good
the rock was great
armageddon sucked the big one
pearl harbor sucked even bigger
bad boys 2 didn't see (didn't peak my intrest to see it)
the island was good

so that's 2 good, 3 bad and 1 good so if the trend continues Transformers should be good.

Um what? you listed good twice by the way.
Your math is bad. From your list it is 2 good, 2 bad, 1 great. And not sure how your rating a movie you didnt see (maybe thats your 3rd bad?) Also the director isnt the sole person to blame when you dont like a movie.

lilylidou
trailer means, i am chinese. can you tell me?

forumcrew
trailer = a preview for the movie

Scythe
I'm proposing to KMC to start a Transformers Sub-Forum for all our Transformers related discussions to finally belong, so if any of you may, please aid me on this. here's the suggestion thread, thanks.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/301368_230-the-suggestion-thread#post9062576

Face
Just saw the latest trailer its looking awesome

AngryManatee
0kZHybANP4k

edwinian
Originally posted by Face
Just saw the latest trailer its looking awesome

Did you catch the latest Bonecrusher trailer? Its AWESOME. If you find it please send me the link.

Also- check out this contest if your interested in some Transformers swag...

http://blog.myspace.com/transformers

Menetnashté
Loved it, can't wait for this movie to come out! Oh, and did anyone else notice that right by Hotshot (I think that's his name) there was a beetle? I found that pretty funny, whether they meant to put it there or not.

bigflames
i JUST saw this trailer the cgi in this movie looks ridiculous, i hope the acting isnt super lame and ruins the moie, so i've had my fingers crossed on this one for a while

Impediment
Originally posted by bigflames
i JUST saw this trailer the cgi in this movie looks ridiculous, i hope the acting isnt super lame and ruins the moie, so i've had my fingers crossed on this one for a while

Ridiculous CGI? What more do you want? It looks abso-f*cking-lutely gorgeous.

New clip I found:

rzWVkeR0ChM

Impediment
Another quick clip one of Optimus vs. Bonecrusher:

0kZHybANP4k

edwinian
Originally posted by bigflames

Honestly - Megan Fox (besides being painfully hot) looks like she can act, and Shia LaBeouf DEF. has some serious acting chops. Did you see Disturbia? He was really good. Plus they wouldn't put him in Indy 4 if he didn't have talent.

Losty
I saw it last week at the world premire in Sydney

best ****ign movie ever if ur a fan

9.5 out off ten

Losty
Originally posted by edwinian
Honestly - Megan Fox (besides being painfully hot) looks like she can act, and Shia LaBeouf DEF. has some serious acting chops. Did you see Disturbia? He was really good. Plus they wouldn't put him in Indy 4 if he didn't have talent.

Megan can act, the other chick in the flick from NZ cant but.

ShoopDaWhoop
Originally posted by Impediment
Ridiculous CGI? What more do you want? It looks abso-f*cking-lutely gorgeous.

I think he meant 'rediculously good'. yes

NinthSith
Im not a fan of CGI in movies like Die Hard and such......but the CGI in Transformer's look's spot on.

Menetnashté

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by NinthSith
Im not a fan of CGI in movies like Die Hard and such......but the CGI in Transformer's look's spot on.

there are a lot of practical fx in TF right? like those explosions and stuff, or w/e like how Hulk had cgi character w/ real fx in the environment?

grey fox
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
there are a lot of practical fx in TF right? like those explosions and stuff, or w/e like how Hulk had cgi character w/ real fx in the environment?

Probably Hulk like, wherein the CG interacts with the RW surroundings.

Impediment
8 clips from the Transformers movie:

Hbm5ZTp_nMg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.