Fumbles of the Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Hay have any of you ever wonder why the Empire lost the Galactic Civil War well..I have you're answer

Here are like the Major Fumbles of the Empire

Number 1 - Makeing a starfighter without shields and makeing it with weak weapons

Number 2 - Hasent anyone notice how much stormtroopers suck at shooting

Number 3 - They Pissed of Chewbacca =)

Last but not Least the most MAJOR FUMBLE OF THE EMPIRE *DRUM ROLL* - DARTH VADER and Admiral Piett

CellDweller
Not to mention being on the wrong side.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor

Last but not Least the most MAJOR FUMBLE OF THE EMPIRE *DRUM ROLL* - DARTH VADER and Admiral Piett

Vader and Piett are a great team
Vader is obv fond of Piett in his tone when speaking to him at times
It gives Vader a bit of humanity in ESB

queeq
Yup, he's quite unlike Ozzel or Needa. He lacks the arrogance and is clearly quite competent.

General G
Hay have any of you ever wonder why the Empire lost the Galactic Civil War well..I have you're answer

Actually I have, a great many times. I don't really like your reasons though...the reason they lost is because the Rebels sucked and Lucas made them win.

vintageSW77
I think "fond" may have been the wrong word but theres something there from Vaders side....respect.
I like Piett in fact hes one of my faveourite OT SW characters
He has some good facial expressions throughout ESB be it seeing Vader unmasked,pissing off Ozzel or the exited look he has when he informs Vader that the Emperor wants to make contact.
Hes also a Mancunian which is another plus.

Hes got a couple of mostly crap tribute sites an all

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dunes/7637/piett.html
http://www.geocities.com/imperialchicks/piett.htm
http://www.piett.org/newsarchive.html

If you write to him too hell send you a signed pic for free

exanda kane
Reason why the Empire lost is because they are one side of a good versus evil scenario. All the other points are just moot after that.

Piett was a fun character though, for all of the reasons above.

Tangible God

Here are like the Major Fumbles of the Empire

Number 1 - Makeing a starfighter without shields and makeing it with weak weapons

Number 2 - Hasent anyone notice how much stormtroopers suck at shooting

Number 3 - They Pissed of Chewbacca =)

It's "pissed OFF Chewbacca," not OF.

Count Makashi
The Empire lost because of cuddly Ewoks and yes, i also like Captain/Admiral Piett, one of the best characters from the OT.

queeq
YAAYY!

MasterAshenVor
I like Captain Veers or is it General anyway well one HUGE reason is that the Empire deviated from the Clone's originial Template (Jango Fett = Original) which made them much less Effective take note to this

Clone Troopers Episode II - III = AWESOME ACCURACY AND TACTIC

Storm Troopers Episodes 4 - 5 - 6 = They cant hit the side of a Star Destroyer even if they wanted to Horriable Tactic the biggest note to Storm Troopers horriable accuracy is when they were shooting at Luke and Leia STAND STILL!

Sesse
The galactic Empire clearly overlooked their infantry weapon research.

They seem to have blaster rifles and pistols and thats it. No support weapons, no burst-firing weapons. Only single shot semi-automatic blaster rifles.

queeq
Guess that's all they needed at that time. Their guns have shrunk too.

General G
Well, what else would they have needed? The whole galaxy, as far as the Empire knew, answered to the Emporer, no Rebellion at first, so they probably made the cheaper weapons.

MasterAshenVor
Well when they saw the rebellion's threat if it were me i would have produced some BIG ASS weapons

Tangible God
"Threat?" The Empire totally underrated the Rebellion.

queeq
Plus they did make a BIG A$$ weapon: the DS. Twice!

General G
And they assumed it was just a small rebellion, no need for any big plans or anything, just crush it, like in Battlefront 2: The Empire treated the Rebellion like a disobedient child at first. Then it was probably too late to start producing bigger weapons.

queeq
Yup... well, with star systems turning against the Empire, it's understandable they started building planet destroying weapons. But then, they started that 20 years earlier, but that is another thread.

Count Makashi
The rebels wore so successful because they used hit and run approach, they fought unconventionally, while the majority of Empire soldiers wore soldiers by the book, they weren't trained for this kind of stuff, they didn't know how to deal with this rebels.

ADarksideJedi
Yes that is true.But the storm Troopers are alot better then they were in the new movies those roborts suck!jm

Tangible God
Originally posted by Count Makashi
The rebels wore so successful because they used hit and run approach, they fought unconventionally, while the majority of Empire soldiers wore soldiers by the book, they weren't trained for this kind of stuff, they didn't know how to deal with this rebels. No offense, but your grammar sucks.

Evil_Ash
Number 2 - Hasent anyone notice how much stormtroopers suck at shooting.

They should have set their guns for aim.

Ushgarak

That's actually an EU fetish.

In the films- especially ANH- the TIEs seem to be pretty even with X-Wings. Lighter but faster. The 'weak' weapons seem to blow the shielded X-Wings to pieces very quickly.

Seeing as the shots were based on the heavy vs. light combats of US vs. japanese fighters in WWII, that's no surprise.

General G
WWII, where would Star Wars be without it?

Tangible God
Vietnam.

queeq
Booom...

General G
Originally posted by Tangible God
Vietnam.

Wouldn't be as good.

queeq
No?

General G
No, there would be storm troopers running around with flame throwers.

queeq
Sweet.

Sesse
As with the WW2 roots...

Germans too igored their small arms development to focus on their tanks and airplanes.

Their tanks were excellent while the bulk of their infantry fought with WW1 era bolt-action rifles and some rather unreliable "machinepistols". Mp-38 .

The Galactic Empire has some high-end armored walkers and Star destroyers yet their footmen lack the firepower to perform a good offensive.

The original german strategy was to breach the enemy lines with combination of tanks and air support and have the infantry pour in to secure and defend the newly gained ground while the tanks continued to crush the surrounded enemy formations. German infantry had no need for heavier weapons in their task.

Hooray. WW2 = Star Wars.

Gideon
Tangible said it; the 'fumbles of the Empire' are related to ego.

Tarkin could have curbstomped Luke and co. at Yavin, but didn't consider the squad a threat - so he didn't deploy the thousands upon thousands of TIE fighter squadrons available in the Death Star's hangar.

And something happened to Emperor Palpatine over the twenty years as sovereign of the galaxy; he got really cocky. Personally, he should have put the Darth Sidious robe away and settled for military tactics and the Empire's vast arsenal. I mean, really, he already conquered the galaxy, so to me, his brilliant scheme in RotJ was just to show off. He had a vast fleet present at Endor that not only outnumbered the enemy, but outgunned them, and instead of unleashing them on the Rebellion, he simply gives them orders to place the Rebellion under interdict and prevent them from retreating. That, and of course, he failed to forsee the intervention of the Ewoks on the Sanctuary Moon and Vader's internal conflict.

The Battle of Endor was a huge disaster; they lost the Death Star, HIMS Executor, and - of course - Palpatine himself, which according to the RotJ novelization, pretty much screwed the Empire, as Palpatine was the 'cohesive force in the Empire'.

From then on out, the Empire's biggest flaw was twofold: arrogance and warlordism. Didja know that 10 years after Endor, the Empire was still the dominant galactic government? They were just fighting each other as well.

General G
Originally posted by Gideon
Tarkin could have curbstomped Luke and co. at Yavin, but didn't consider the squad a threat - so he didn't deploy the thousands upon thousands of TIE fighter squadrons available in the Death Star's hangar.

Yeah, I agree that was a very dumb idea, they could have taken out the bulk of the Rebels right then and there, but I can kind of see why Tarkin didn't, the one weakness that the Rebels found wasn't very noticeable and the shot was 1 in 1000, and he didn't know about the Jedi they had, that would have had an effect on the decision as well.

Originally posted by Gideon
And something happened to Emperor Palpatine over the twenty years as sovereign of the galaxy; he got really cocky. Personally, he should have put the Darth Sidious robe away and settled for military tactics and the Empire's vast arsenal. I mean, really, he already conquered the galaxy, so to me, his brilliant scheme in RotJ was just to show off. He had a vast fleet present at Endor that not only outnumbered the enemy, but outgunned them, and instead of unleashing them on the Rebellion, he simply gives them orders to place the Rebellion under interdict and prevent them from retreating. That, and of course, he failed to forsee the intervention of the Ewoks on the Sanctuary Moon and Vader's internal conflict.

He got cocky because nobody was openly forming a campaign against the Empire, and the Rebels were probably scattered throughout the galaxy and so they could have thought that random attacks by them were all from different organizations. And he can't just stop being a Sith, and he may not be the best military strategist and would explain more of why he got others to do it.

He probably could have gotten away with sending about half of the ships stationed there to engage the Rebels, but he couldn't let them escape, there was no way, if they escaped, then they would be harder to track down than ever, but he definately should not have had that many ships just sitting there. That ewok thing was stupid, nobody could have foreseen that.

Tangible God
He could manipulate galactic events, create an Empire the likes of which had never been seen, destroy the Jedi, yet couldn't foresee a bunch of sentient teddy bears helping out the Rebels to hurt the guys who were taking over their planet. They may be primitive, but to totally ignore them when he knew the Rebels would be coming? Really, really cocky.

An entire Empire at his disposal, yet he amassed a few dozen ships? Coulda done with a few more. And he told them to HALT?! Shwat the f*ck?

He knew Vader was traitorous, conflicted even, and he ignored his presence and feelings when he was torturing the guy's son?

Palpatine was good, but damn, the Dark Side can inflate one's ego.

queeq
And ruin one's looks.

Count Makashi
Maybe some women like the old crispy look.

queeq
Oh.. I'm sure. Maybe some guys do too.

General G
Creepy.

queeq
Very.

General G
You came up with it.

queeq
I thought GL did.

Count Makashi
Sidious spend to time in the sun, now you see kids, what the sun can do to you.

vintageSW77
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFRzjl7XYas

i didnt know WHERE to post this but its ESB related in here and its "T'March

General G
That is definately something I thought I would never see.

queeq
An old one, but great to see again.

General G
That was the first time I saw it.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by General G
That was the first time I saw it.

Me to, DJ Vader, he brings all the parties to life. There is no Imperial ball without him.

queeq
And yet, it's rather old.

General G
Thanks for telling me about it.

queeq
Welcome.

Count Makashi
Why don't you two just get a bed.

queeq
Yuck.

General G
sick

queeq
Makashi has bad ideas.

Count Makashi
You two can pretend there is no chemistry between you, but we all see it.

General G
Originally posted by queeq
Makashi has bad ideas.

Ban him. evil face

queeq
Why? Then we can't tease him anymore.

MasterAshenVor
and this is EU kinda but if he had brought Thrawn into Endor BYE BYE rebels....and personally i would have taken every star destroyer out there and bombed endor till it was nothing but a dust cloud.

General G
Why would the Empire have destroyed the planet that their shield was emitting from?

MasterAshenVor
well thats just me destroy Han and Leia HAHA.........

General G
But if he did that just to destroy those two, he would have lost a bunch of his troopers and lost his shield and his ships would have been distracted which would allow the Rebels to take good shots on them. And I don't think he knew that they were there. As far as Vader knew, Han Solo was still frozen and still with Jabba.

Count Makashi
But it happened anyway, The Shield generator being destroyed that is.

MasterAshenVor
NO NO NO you see the Shield Generator was a far off i ment to destroy the ewok village and the area the rebels were in outside the bunker star destroyer's are accurate in that fashion.....and get the troops out of there is all i can say

Count Makashi
Hmmmmmm, that would be a great idea, i would just bomb everything, except the shield generator. Even the troops on the planet, sacrifices have to be made.

General G
It's not like they were running out either.

queeq
And there would be little excitement.

General G
They probably wouldn't see it coming.

queeq
SW napalm... that would have worked. Lucas would have had another poitn to make.

Count Makashi
And some Imperial officer says after the Napalm bombardment, I like the smell of napalm in, whatever the time of day was.

MasterAshenVor
Are yall makeing fun of me big grin

Count Makashi
Yes, behind your back.

Alliance
The empire's primary flaw was that Lucas wanted them to lose.

queeq
The bastard!

Alliance
Yes.

General G
I'll show him.

Count Makashi
Show him what, that your a spineless consumer, who buys everything he sells, you really shoved him.

General G
I will show him by not buying the next version he comes out with...I will download it!

Alliance
Hmmmmmm, that would be a great idea, i would just bomb everything, except the shield generator. Even the troops on the planet, sacrifices have to be made.

Is this some strange seperatist war strategy?

General G
Shhh! Don't tell anyone.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Alliance
Is this some strange seperatist war strategy?

Its kill them all and rearrange the landscape strategy.

General G
What did the CIS do differently?

Alliance
Its kill them all and rearrange the landscape strategy.

Since the damn station was operational anyway...the gournd battle wasn't even needed. they should have just let the rebels land and then Alderaaned the moon. Leia, Han...all gone...Luke's anger would have been insurmountable and he would have turned. "crush the Rebellion with one swift stroke"

Perhaps the Empire should have simply installed shields on the damn space sation?

Count Makashi
You were being sarcastic right, i meant they destroy everything around the Shield Generator,(even there own men, don't really care for stormtroopers, Clones are my boys)i am sure they were accurate enough.

Alliance
NO DESTROYING YOUR OWN MEN.

The "shield generator" should have simply been used as a decoy to lure the rebel leaders there and then when the shield is "deactivated" the death star simply Alderaans the moon.

There should have just been a shield generator on the damn Death Star II.

queeq
What did the CIS do differently?

What did they do at all?

General G
Kicked ass.

NO DESTROYING YOUR OWN MEN.

The "shield generator" should have simply been used as a decoy to lure the rebel leaders there and then when the shield is "deactivated" the death star simply Alderaans the moon.

There should have just been a shield generator on the damn Death Star II.

Sacrifices must be made.

queeq
Films must end.

General G
History winds upon itself.

Alliance
Kicked ass.

Failed miserably.

Sacrifices must be made. Thowing you men into a hopless situation with no objectives is not sacrifice, its murder.

General G
If you are able to kill some major Rebel leaders in the process, it would then be a worthy sacrifice. There is something that is known as "acceptable losses."

Alliance
but why waste the troops if you can get the scum without having a presence there?

MasterAshenVor
Yea i agree with Alliance Destroy Endor and kill all of it without any storm trooper loses at all

Ushgarak
The Death Star was far too close to Endor for that, I think is the simple answer.

And if they could have pout the generator on the DS they would have done, so evidently they couldn't.

As queeq says, films have to end. This level of questioning of it is ratjer anal.

General G
but why waste the troops if you can get the scum without having a presence there?

Because they have millions more!

Originally posted by Ushgarak
The Death Star was far too close to Endor for that, I think is the simple answer.

And if they could have pout the generator on the DS they would have done, so evidently they couldn't.

As queeq says, films have to end. This level of questioning of it is ratjer anal.

Yeah, but what else can we argue?

They may have end up putting it on the Death Star, remember it wasn't finished.

MasterAshenVor
They should have had Storm Commando's on that Moon...but hay thats EU isent it?

Alliance
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Questioning is such damnable activity. The death star might have been too close to endor...but the DSII wasn't finished yet.

queeq
And the point is.

General G
That the shield generator could have been on the Death Star 2 by the time it was finished.

Alliance
Defense before Offense...the Empire messed that up.

queeq
I thought they sprung a trap.... that was rather offensive.

Alliance
They forgot to check home-plate. They didn't have thier defense up and running.

queeq
THey did... they had teh shield. But who can truly resist the power of the Ewoks... I mean, come on... that is too much. Teddy bears rule the world, those vicious critters.

Alliance
Teddys raped GG.

queeq
Painful... it does explain his looks though.

General G
Not cool. Ewoks are bad enough, then you have to go that much further.

queeq
Exactly.

Alliance
We do.

Count Makashi
Ewoks are the worst idea in the movie history ever.

General G
Hmm. Maybe second.

MasterAshenVor
lol no GUNGANS ARE THE WORST MOVIE IDEA EVA!

and how bout STORM COMMANDO'S

Alliance
LOLOLZLZOZLOLZLZ

No.

General G
laughing out loud

queeq
I vote for Gungans...

General G
Why?

Count Makashi
No Ewoks are, only Jar Jar sucks, but all Ewoks are ridiculous.

General G
I think you meant to say that they are all stupid and not needed and should be burned in a huge pit of tar.

Alliance
I vote for Gungans...
Gungans at least had a well developed and interesting culture. Besides, it was the first time Lucas directly addressed a planetary conflict between two resident sentient species.

General G
Why would there really be a need for that though? Where else would he have had that?

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Vader and Piett are a great team
Vader is obv fond of Piett in his tone when speaking to him at times
It gives Vader a bit of humanity in ESB

I have to say they do make a good team.They are the best!They should had made the death star alot better and not so weak.Or stop the rebels from finding a weakness.jm smile

General G
Or they could have had a better security team in keeping the Death star plans out of Rebel hands.

queeq
Gungans talk like a bunch of retarded pieces of green goo.

General G
That's a little harsh don't you think?

queeq
No.

Count Makashi
Absolutely not, although Jar Jar is by far the worst.

General G
No.

Alright, I guess not.

MasterAshenVor
The major fumble of the Empire is pissing off Leia during her PMS BOUT

General G
Ah what could she do?

queeq
She didn't do anything, she was just minding her own business. Did you ever try to board a girl when she's in PMS? Then you know what happens.

General G
laughing out loud

Alliance
Absolutely not, although Jar Jar is by far the worst.

thumb up

Count Makashi
Yey, another Jar Jar hater.

General G
You don't have to look too hard.

queeq
Absolutely not. Childish addition in SW, totally obsolete.

General G
And quite un-needed.

Alliance
nah...thats too far.

queeq
And quite un-needed.

That's what obsolete means...

Alliance
obsolete means once needed, but no longer...not un-needed.

queeq
Once needed but not anymore... ergo un-needed now.

Alliance
yes, but there's a time dimension to it

queeq
Ah yes... I see.

Alliance
Excellent.

General G
I still prefer un-needed.

Alliance
any word with a hypen should be shot.

General G
Why? What is wrong with hyphons.

Alliance
hyphens?

queeq
Any thread with hyphens should be shot. CLOSING

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.