Storm Trooper vs Rebel Trooper

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
Now Seriously the thought came to my mind WHAT SIDE'S TROOPERS are the best. please help me out with this

Setting - Cloud City

Duel 1 - Blaster

Duel 2 - Gernades

Duel 3 - Melee Weapons Knifes, Force Pikes, ect.

darthsith19
Well, this should tell you something:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e4spac52.jpg

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e4spac19.jpg

How are we supposed to know who wins in a Grenade fight?

jollyjim311
Stormtroopers. Bigger guns, actually semi-effective armor, and better training for the win.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Stormtroopers. Bigger guns, actually semi-effective armor, and better training for the win. Also, we don't know if this is an oldbie trooper, or one of the neo-stormtroopers who're not clones and lack experience in combat.

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by darthsith19
Well, this should tell you something:

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e4spac52.jpg

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e4spac19.jpg

How are we supposed to know who wins in a Grenade fight? though that does look like absolute pwnage, we also have to look at the numbers. there are twice as many stormtroopers as there are rebels in that scene... one on one, i still think that the trooper would win, especially if he was an old clone...

vader11
Storm Troopers, but close.

Captain REX
At the Battle of Endor, the Emperor's best stormtroopers were present on the planet...however, most of them died. Meanwhile, I saw very few Rebel trooper deaths in those scenes...

Yes, the Ewoks were involved, of course, but that doesn't keep Rebels from being shot at...

I think a Rebel trooper would possibly win. Possibly.

darthsith19
You'd have to prove that there were more Stormtroopers than rebels. It looked pretty even in numbers to me. At any rate there are only like 2 stormtroopers down while every rebel dies. If the stormtroopers have more numbers but the rebels are better then more stormtroopers would have died than rebels, because there's more to shoot.

That was just a small band of rebels, so the alliance probably sent some of their best down there. We didn't see many of them die because there weren't very many of them to start out, and mainly we see the Ewok's fighting - during the battle at the shield generator do we even see any of the rebel troopers fighting?

Count Makashi
Depends on which Stormtrooper and which rebel, if its some Stormtrooper from elite squads and a ordinary Rebel, then the Stormtroopers and vica-versa.
I always find that quote of Sidious, when he says my finest legion of Stormtroopers.........., if thats his finest, what is the lamest like, they didn't do themselves credit on Endor, being beaten by teddy bears.

darthsith19
To be fair, the Ewoks surprised the Storm/scout troopers, and they also had a complete terrain advantage. But still, it is lame they they pwnd the Scout troopers.

Count Makashi
Yea, they wore surprised, but still they acted like idiots. I excpected more, from the finest legion. And why is it only bad, that
they they pwnd the Scout troopers and not Stormtroopers.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Count Makashi
And why is it only bad, that
they they pwnd the Scout troopers and not Stormtroopers.
It isn't, it's just that most of the troopers there were Scout Troopers, weren't they? Maybe not, I can't really remember.

Count Makashi
No, Sidious finest legion was majority(if not all) of Stormtroopers and there was very few Scout troopers actually.

exanda kane
I think it's obvious to say that the Rebel soldiers aboard the Tantive were well below the league of Endor Commandos. However, if I knew Vader was about to board my ship, I'd be shitting myself too.

Gideon
Did they know Vader was personally on board?

Violent K
Databank

The military soldiers unswervingly loyal to the Emperor, stormtroopers represented the most visible extension of Imperial might. They were shock troopers meant to strike with speed and accuracy, putting down insurrections and maintaining order on the farflung worlds of the Empire.

The movie heavily downgrades Stormtroopers and underrated in here.

MasterAshenVor
ok to narrow it down Non - Former Clone Troopers and Normal Rebel Troopers

and yea what really sucked about endor's imperial troopers was that
THEY EVEN HAD AT-ST'S AT THE DAMN AREA OF COMBAT!

jollyjim311
"Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

(All apologies if I misquoted.)

Bruce Leeroy
K is correct.

The only reason the Storm Troopers are so bad in the movies is so that the good guys would look better. Honestly, how the hell is a farm boy, snotty princess, walking carpet, and washed up Jedi going to break out of the Death Star, one of the most guarded location in the Empire, which housed the 501st Legion no less? They wouldn't. Realistically speaking, the good guys should have been smashed in a matter of minutes.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Gideon
Did they know Vader was personally on board?

I'm not sure, but I don't think it genuinely matters; they'd feel some kind of evil presence. It's a Sith Lord for christs sake.

They obviously knew their ship had just been captured by a Star Destroyer so we can speculate that their morale was low.

Violent K
Originally posted by exanda kane
I'm not sure, but I don't think it genuinely matters; they'd feel some kind of evil presence. It's a Sith Lord for christs sake.

Assumption.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Violent K
Assumption.

Of course it is. Your point?

Violent K
Originally posted by exanda kane
Of course it is. Your point?

Assumption = No Evidence.

No Evidence = Your spouting bullshit.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
K is correct.

The only reason the Storm Troopers are so bad in the movies is so that the good guys would look better. Honestly, how the hell is a farm boy, snotty princess, walking carpet, and washed up Jedi going to break out of the Death Star, one of the most guarded location in the Empire, which housed the 501st Legion no less? They wouldn't. Realistically speaking, the good guys should have been smashed in a matter of minutes. And to be fair to the heroes, it's a rusty 501st legion who're stated to actually enjoy being shot at again. Also, only half or less were on the Death Star, so I doubt that it was all 501st troopers running around in there.

Bruce Leeroy
It doesn't matter. A Station full of Troopers should not be unable to apprehend or subdue a small band of inexperienced Rebels.

Lord Saboteur
It doesn't matter. A Station full of Troopers should not be unable to apprehend or subdue a small band of inexperienced Rebels. It does when you're relatively unpracticed and were caught with your pants down.

Bruce Leeroy
How do you know they were "unpracticed"? I'm sure they did drills, had shooting ranges etc. And the entire ordeal had to last for at least half an hour, more then enough time to form a counter-attack.

All Military tactics, stratagies, and logic agree that when numbers, terrain, training, and equippment are all in your favor then you shouldn't lose erm

It's typical Hollywood "Kill the No-Names by the hundreds" shtick.

Lord Saboteur
How do you know they were "unpracticed"? I'm sure they did drills, had shooting ranges etc. And the entire ordeal had to last for at least half an hour, more then enough time to form a counter-attack.

All Military tactics, stratagies, and logic agree that when numbers, terrain, training, and equippment are all in your favor then you shouldn't lose erm

It's typical Hollywood "Kill the No-Names by the hundreds" shtick. I'll agree with the Hollywood thing, though going by what the BF2 narrator said, who'd have a good idea of what's going on at the time, they had boring shifts and practice was a rarity. Also, there's the other missions they took part on during the same year, which they practically botched up every time.

Tangible God
Well, according to Battlefront II, and Technology Level 4 on Galactic Battlegrounds:

Rebel Troops are better.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Tangible God
Well, according to Battlefront II, and Technology Level 4 on Galactic Battlegrounds:

Rebel Troops are better. Proof for the first, and for the second.. lawl. Game mechanics=/=Fact.

exanda kane
Assumption = No Evidence.

No Evidence = Your spouting bullshit.

I'm simply speculating that if you stand near a Sith Lord you won't feel all honkey dorey, unless they are hiding themselves, a la Palpatine. Did I say it was a fact? No.

But, and this is a mighty but here, to speculate might be even more reliable than counting the slim sources for this debate; the majority of which are all suspect. For instance, people have mentioned that Stormtroopers are a little off with there targeting, true, but that just the general conventions for evil henchman in Hollywood cinema. Others have given evidence taken from videogames, not the most reliable source. It's a silly debate quite frankly, and if your asking for sources prepare to reach the universal truth in the matter, your stuffed.

Bruce Leeroy
It's funny watching K's attempts at being a "hardcore debator".

Violent K
It's funny watching K's attempts at being a "hardcore debator".

Whoa whoa there buddy. I couldn't be a "hardcore debator" even if I had Advent's and Gideon's brains combined. I'm just Janus.

Btw, Ragnos ftw!

Lord Saboteur
Whoa whoa there buddy. I couldn't be a "hardcore debator" even if I had Advent's and Gideon's brains combined. I'm just Janus.

Btw, Ragnos ftw! ...lawl, Krueger.

Violent K
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
...lawl, Krueger.

Who told you that you can use my American name?

Bruce Leeroy
You're Chinese.

Violent K
You're Chinese.

How in unholy Darth Sidious did you get that idea? I'm Korean/Japanese.

Tangible God
How in unholy Darth Sidious did you get that idea? I'm Korean/Japanese. To-MAY-to TO-MAH-to

A Dose Of Vraya
sunnofab!tch it's teddybears all look at the cute wittle teddy bears, ow! it threw a spear at my femur. PWND!!!!
http://www.ritilan.com/archives/images/2005/11/trooper-kitty.jpg wimps

Lord Saboteur
Who told you that you can use my American name? I did. Why? BCUZ EYM CHRGN' MAH LAIZUR!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.