Apocalypse vs. Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

His Airness
This is a battle with a few different scenarios.

1. In a strait up battle.

2. 1 day of prep

3. Year of prep

who wins?

TricksterPriest
1. Apoc.

2. Probably still Apoc.

3. Doom. But realistically, Apocalypse should do well with a year of prep. Celestial tech and all.

Evil_Ash
Doom easily.

carver9
apocalypse

I watch Pokemon
1. Apocalypse most likely
2. Doom
3. Doom

Jebus reborn
Doom.
Doom.
Doom.

redhotrash
Apocalypse would take a slight majority on the first one. But with even a few hours of prep I'd give it to Doom

grey fox
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Doom.
Doom.
Doom.

Co-sign

llagrok
Wow, people are really underestimating Apocalypses intelligence here. The man has access to Celestial tech, but apparently that doesn't count for anything.

1. Apoc
2. Apoc
3. Earth dies.

Apocalypses purpose has never been to kill a sole person. If it was, that person would definitely be dead.

I watch Pokemon
Doom.
Doom.
Doom.

rock

I'm not so sure about the first one but Doom with prep> Apocalypse with prep.

llagrok
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
rock

I'm not so sure about the first one but Doom with prep> Apocalypse with prep.

Celestial tech > Doom's tech

I watch Pokemon
Doom has more than just tech going for him. shifty

endrict
Doom will just take over Celestial tech with a little prep.

godking
Doom he has done alot more with a lot less .

It took Apocalypse thousands of years with Celestial tech to conquer the world.

Doom has already conquered the world 3 times.

Without Celestial Tech Apocalypse is'nt much.

Doom is very dangerous with or without his tech.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by godking
Doom he has done alot more with a lot less .

It took Apocalypse thousands of years with Celestial tech to conquer the world.

Doom has already conquered the world 3 times.

Without Celestial Tech Apocalypse is'nt much.

Doom is very dangerous with or without his tech.

Apoc has never managed to take over the world. But part of the reason for that is that he isn't trying to.

What are the 3 times Doom has done it?

Hyperion Prime
Apocalypse, and I am a Doom Mark.

Here is the reason why. Back during "Acts of Vengenance" Loki tricked every major villian on Earth to do his bidding including Doom, Magneto, Redskull, Mandarin, Kingpin. Apocalypse is the only villian who saw through the B.S. Apocalypse is no dummy.

I know Doom has beaten Mephisto and the Beyonder. But the Beyonder was extremely naive, but he did get his power back. Mephisto has been known to lose to prove a point and Doom had help. Doom did not beat Galactus, because that was not a straight up fight.

grey fox
Doom summons the Vishanti , or entraps him in the CBOC , or kills him as a child , or steals his powers ect....

Doom has WAY too much going for him.

Not only that but if things start going sour he could simply do the 'ol Ovoid mind-swap and crush himself.

lordboo
Originally posted by His Airness
This is a battle with a few different scenarios.

1. In a strait up battle.

2. 1 day of prep

3. Year of prep

who wins?

1.apoc ftw he is to versatile for a straight up fight.
2.apoc, again 1 day wont be enough for down to win.
3.doom ftw with 1 year prep.it would be extremely hard for apoc.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by llagrok
Celestial tech > Doom's tech Yes it does... too bad, Apoc's tech can't be compared to what an actual Celestial carries around with him.

His tech would be a fraction of a fraction as powerful as what a Celestial weilds, or if ever uses.

Also, Doom has dropped Adam Warlock, and put Magus on his knees.
His shield has taken shots that hold enough force to put him halfway around Limbo, with no pressure put on the shield.
Has summoned up the Bands of Cytorakk just by watching some magical beings. And yes, he did that without seeing it summoned.
Came second to Dr Strange, in magic, even before he actually learned how to use it properly, and was a self admitted noob in it.

Then, after he came second to Dr Strange, he got many weeks of training with him, to help hone his skills.

I wonder how good he is now...

Big Sexy
Doom.
Doom.
Doom. yup

llagrok
Yes it does... too bad, Apoc's tech can't be compared to what an actual Celestial carries around with him.

His tech would be a fraction of a fraction as powerful as what a Celestial weilds, or if ever uses.

Also, Doom has dropped Adam Warlock, and put Magus on his knees.
His shield has taken shots that hold enough force to put him halfway around Limbo, with no pressure put on the shield.
Has summoned up the Bands of Cytorakk just by watching some magical beings. And yes, he did that without seeing it summoned.
Came second to Dr Strange, in magic, even before he actually learned how to use it properly, and was a self admitted noob in it.

Then, after he came second to Dr Strange, he got many weeks of training with him, to help hone his skills.

I wonder how good he is now...

You just claimed that Dr.Doom has better than Dr.Strange when it comes to magic.

Congratulations ur ah retardz

Jebus reborn
You just claimed that Dr.Doom has better than Dr.Strange when it comes to magic.

Congratulations ur ah retardz Where?
I said came second to Dr Strange, and then got training with him.
And I do wonder how good he is now.

Your second part, could very well relate to you, though, after reading both posts.

godking
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Apoc has never managed to take over the world. But part of the reason for that is that he isn't trying to.

What are the 3 times Doom has done it? Doom conquered counter earth once and 616 earth twice only to give up the power because he was bored having conquered the world.

Doom is an OVERACHIEVER.

Apoc is an UNDERACHIEVER with the tech at his hands he should have reached his goals easily enough.

llagrok
Doom conquered counter earth once and 616 earth twice only to give up the power because he was bored having conquered the world.

Doom is an OVERACHIEVER.

Apoc is an UNDERACHIEVER with the tech at his hands he should have reached his goals easily enough.

Apocalypse's goal has been far more difficult to achieve than simply taking over the world. He wants to separate the strong from the weak, you can't do that simply by killing the world leaders and taking over. Nor was his objective to simply kill the X-Men.

Though I think it's hard to determine who would win with 1 year prep, I know Apocalypse would win if he actually set his mind to killing Doom.

Apoc
Apoc
Doom

janus77
Doom
Doom
DOOM
confused

illadelph12
I'd actually take Apoc in all three stipulations. In terms of personal power Apoc trumps Dr. Doom. Doom does have magic but I haven't seen him do anything overwhelming on panel that would say he'd have a clear advantage. In the one day of prep for Doom if it were one sided prep I may give Doom the edge but Apoc has prep as well. Doom is already behind in terms of personal power so I don't think only one day to prepare for a being as powerful as Apocalypse when Apocalypse is also preparing for you is in Doom's favor. Same if both were given a year. I know Doom finished in second behind Strange in the Sorcerer Supreme contest (a ploy by Doom so that Strange would be obligated to help him save his mother from Mephisto's realm due to the tournament's stipulations), but that feat was more attributed to Doom's intelligence and guile.

Doom always gets a pass around here for some reason. He's the king of plot device based victories and he never gets called out on it here on the boards though every other character (Apocalypse in particular) become the butt of jokes due to it. It's comical.

godking
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd actually take Apoc in all three stipulations. In terms of personal power Apoc trumps Dr. Doom. Doom does have magic but I haven't seen him do anything overwhelming on panel that would say he'd have a clear advantage. In the one day of prep for Doom if it were one sided prep I may give Doom the edge but Apoc has prep as well. Doom is already behind in terms of personal power so I don't think only one day to prepare for a being as powerful as Apocalypse when Apocalypse is also preparing for you is in Doom's favor. Same if both were given a year. I know Doom finished in second behind Strange in the Sorcerer Supreme contest (a ploy by Doom so that Strange would be obligated to help him save his mother from Mephisto's realm due to the tournament's stipulations), but that feat was more attributed to Doom's intelligence and guile.

Doom always gets a pass around here for some reason. He's the king of plot device based victories and he never gets called out on it here on the boards though every other character (Apocalypse in particular) become the butt of jokes due to it. It's comical. Apocalypse has had great power for THOUSANDS of years and has not gotten close to completing his goals.

Doom with a normal human lifespan and a far lesser powerbase to start from has achieved more then Apocalypse has in thousands of years .

Apoc is a huge underachiever.

Jebus reborn
Apocalypse's goal has been far more difficult to achieve than simply taking over the world. He wants to separate the strong from the weak, you can't do that simply by killing the world leaders and taking over. Nor was his objective to simply kill the X-Men. Doom's had enough power to destroy the universe, or a good portion of it, not once, not twice, but more than thrice.

Big Sexy
Apocalypse has had great power for THOUSANDS of years and has not gotten close to completing his goals.

Doom with a normal human lifespan and a far lesser powerbase to start from has achieved more then Apocalypse has in thousands of years .

Apoc is a huge underachiever. Agreed. For the most part Dooms failures are self inflicted, his arrogance and vanity work against him alot of the time. Apocalypse's problem is that many of his plans are not thought through. Cable is a perfect example of this.

illadelph12
Apocalypse has had great power for THOUSANDS of years and has not gotten close to completing his goals.

Apoc is a huge underachiever.

Apoc has waited thousands of years to make his move because he was waiting for the mutant population to grow to a significant capacity. It's the premise of his character. He wants to usher in the coming of super mutants. Hell, the Cellestials gave him the tech to aid him in his mission of culling the weak out of their experiment (humanity). Evolution takes time.

Why does Apocalypse always get sold short on this board?

Not to mention that in numerous timelines Apoc succeeds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.