The Mighty Avengers Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

H. S. 6
Well, the recent Mighty Avengers thread was closed, but I think Digi's reasoning was because it was for a single issue.

This will be the thread where you can discuss the Mighty Avengers (team, story, characters, whatever), similar to the New Avengers Discussion thread going on.

So, issue 3 just came out. What's everyone think?

marvelprince
I thought it was ok. Pretty good, still moving but I'm interested to see where the story will lead.

I really really like Bendis's use of thought bubbles now though. And Natasha taking over SHIELD was amazing. Here's looking forward to what happens with Pym in the next issue.

Rewmac
With to Tony dead...Or is he really dead...Hmm...
Can't wait to see what Sentry and Ares can do...

Grimm22
Why is it that Bendis thinks the best thing he can do with Tigra is make her out to be some kind of **** of the super hero community?

Seriously, why does he hate Tigra so much? First that stupid remark he had Jarvis say in The Initiative and now this? What the f**k?

CasanoVa
Tigra has never been anything more than a ****.

erm.

Still, making Pym a player = cool points for Bendis.

grey fox
Originally posted by marvelprince
I thought it was ok. Pretty good, still moving but I'm interested to see where the story will lead.

I really really like Bendis's use of thought bubbles now though. And Natasha taking over SHIELD was amazing. Here's looking forward to what happens with Pym in the next issue.

Same here.

She-Tron is awesome

"I liked Thor better"

Priest
Originally posted by CasanoVa

hahaha, Pym looked like anything but a player in issue 3.

Grimm22
Tigra has never been anything more than a ****.

erm.

Not really erm

I mean she's always been a bit provocative, but she isn't the village bicycle of the MU

And besides, what ever happened to character development? confused1

Priest
Originally posted by marvelprince

Co-signed, the buuble thoughts rocked they made the issue more funny.."...some one find Reed Richards"

Grimm22
The bubble thoughts are being a bit overused by Bendis

I mean I like that he brought them back, but he's using them WAY to much

grey fox
Originally posted by Grimm22

Not really.

Grimm22
Originally posted by grey fox
Not really.

At least in the first 2 issues he was

With the latest issue I can tell he's gotten a bit better at it, but when he has half of a conversation in thought bubbles its a bit much

CasanoVa
Not really erm

I mean she's always been a bit provocative, but she isn't the village bicycle of the MU

And besides, what ever happened to character development? confused1

Yes.. really.

Name a single good comic book that mainly featured her that was good, or name a single comic where she's ever done anything.

She's only in the comic so Cho can draw more T & A anyways.

NiņoAraņa
Yes.. really.

Name a single good comic book that mainly featured her that was good, or name a single comic where she's ever done anything.

She's only in the comic so Cho can draw more T & A anyways. laughing

i would have said A & T, but i guess i got it even switched.

outavodka
Marvel/Sentry

"Remember what we talked about"

"I know"

"And dont throw it into the sun until we find out if Tony is really gone"
laughing laughing laughing

Scoobless

People do tend to think a lot when engaging in conversations though.

wink

manorastroman
this is moving WAY too slowly. i imagine the story will benefit greatly from TPB.

tjcoady
I'm loving it. I'm also loving the kinda classic superhero feel (with the thought bubbles and all) it has compared to New Avengers.

SpunkySmurph
The Mighty A's traditionalism/engaging viewtifulness makes up for the loss that is the New Avengers, IMO.

If this series took place at any other time, I might be a little put off at how quickly Ultron was brought into this, but I've been so looking forward to an honest-to-goodness, evil, world-f*cking-threatening villain to kick some ass that I'm glad that they didn't stall for her appearance.

Anybody else notice how much better Ultron looks than Wasp (though they're supposed to look the same?) erm

Big Sexy
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The Mighty A's traditionalism/engaging viewtifulness makes up for the loss that is the New Avengers, IMO.

If this series took place at any other time, I might be a little put off at how quickly Ultron was brought into this, but I've been so looking forward to an honest-to-goodness, evil, world-f*cking-threatening villain to kick some ass that I'm glad that they didn't stall for her appearance.

Anybody else notice how much better Ultron looks than Wasp (though they're supposed to look the same?) erm You were looking at her face?

tkitna
I like this book and will be onboard for awhile. The thought ballons could be used a little less though.

llagrok

I agree.

I don't want to hear the men think "I love you" every god damn page. It's okay every once in a while, not ALL THE TIME.

Sentry didn't seem all that strong in this issue, Ultron was beating him pretty good it seemed. Wonder what'll happen in #4

Anyone think Ares is due for a good performance? and that he overuses "This is madness" ?

Grimm22
I think Bendis is a big 300 fan, seeing as he is trying to squeeze some of the quotes from the movie in there

Big Sexy
Just read that the second arc of the New Mighty Avengers will feature the return of Doctor Doom. Can't wait.

Validus
I think Bendis is a big 300 fan, seeing as he is trying to squeeze some of the quotes from the movie in there
Which ones?

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Which ones?

I'm pretty sure I saw a 'This is madness' from Ares...

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Just read that the second arc of the New Mighty Avengers will feature the return of Doctor Doom. Can't wait.

Return of Doctor Doom? erm, he hasn't exactly "gone" anywhere.

I think the same story-line is also going to be featuring the symbiotes, I mean.. symbiotes and Dr Doom? what the hell? But I'll give it a shot.

grey fox

I think the same story-line is also going to be featuring the symbiotes, I mean.. symbiotes and Dr Doom? what the hell? But I'll give it a shot.

Doonom ?

Caroom ?

Rewmac
Originally posted by grey fox
Doonom ?

Caroom ? You forgot to mention mufassa... shifty

Big Sexy

I think the same story-line is also going to be featuring the symbiotes, I mean.. symbiotes and Dr Doom? what the hell? But I'll give it a shot. He hasn't really done anything special since his return from hell.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Big Sexy
He hasn't really done anything special since his return from hell. Yes he has

I HAVE A GREAT EVIL PLAN!!!

booooooring....

Raoul
next issue coming up, its a hank pym story... written by bendis... cry

they shouldnt let writers write about characters they hate...

willRules
It's gonna be; Hank Pym, my life as a Skrull The solits and SI #1 have given it away.....

Raoul
Originally posted by willRules
It's gonna be; Hank Pym, my life as a Skrull The solits and SI #1 have given it away.....

i know, but its bendis, he HATES pym, he outright refuses to write him as any sort of hero... god only knows what a book about him being a skrull will be like...

Kazenji
I've been liking the recent stories from Dan Slott

have'nt read the conclusion to the Unspoken story still reading the other others before it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.