Thor #1 cover done by Micheal Turner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

His Airness
Now this makes Thor's new attire look raw ass hell.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/1097new_storyimage9421715_full.jpg

D-Block
Yessir!

His Airness
They should have requested him as the artist for the book. This is by far the best drawn picture for this attire.

grey fox
Originally posted by His Airness

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/1097new_storyimage9421715_full.jpg

THAT is how it should be done !

Scoobless
Not bad.

smile

Hercules
I like it!

His Airness
It just looks so much better when done correctly. It reminds me of the Captain Marvel Shazaam attire design.

pr1983
it amazes me how someone like turner can draw so well at times and yet still be so bad when it comes to stuff like his powergirl pic...

His Airness
Originally posted by pr1983
it amazes me how someone like turner can draw so well at times and yet still be so bad when it comes to stuff like his powergirl pic...

Maybe he can only draw men?

llagrok
They should have requested him as the artist for the book. This is by far the best drawn picture for this attire.

Co- f*cking sign.

That picture is amazing, someone should do a Thor wallpaper.

pr1983
Maybe he can only draw men?

maybe... though it could also be that the majority of the women who would draw are quite slender (even his wonder woman), and when it comes to someone who isnt like that, who has a bit of meat on her like powergirl, he just can't balance it out...

excellent thor pic tho... i liked his hulk one too a while back...

Originally posted by llagrok
Co- f*cking sign.

That picture is amazing, someone should do a Thor wallpaper.

i was actually gonna, but the amount of lightning that goes off the page would make it hard to trim it properly, at least for me...

TricksterPriest
thumb up Nice! big grin Thor looks badass as hell. Much better outfit than his classic one.

Badabing

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/1097new_storyimage9421715_full.jpg Looks good. I hope it's written well.

His Airness
Originally posted by Badabing
Looks good. I hope it's written well.

If it not I'll destroy Marvel. cool

Rewmac
Awesome cove, but is there are story hpw he comes back? Or the arc isn't even in 616? Or is it in the past or something? I hope he comes back to current Marvel.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by pr1983

I thought people complained about her being proportioned wrong, because Thor isn't exactly proportioned right here either. His waist is about the size of a 15 year old girl's. The outfit itself looks awesome though.

Evil_Ash

I normally dislikes Turner's art, but this looks awesome.

If it not I'll destroy Marvel. cool

And Stan Lee will just destroy you with the Ultimate Nullifier. no expression

NoFate007
I think this is the first time that I can say Thor actually looks cool......minus the hat haha. But yeah, that's so much better of a design than his normal look, I think.

His Airness
Originally posted by NoFate007
I think this is the first time that I can say Thor actually looks cool......minus the hat haha. But yeah, that's so much better of a design than his normal look, I think.

You didn't like this?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/012Thor.jpg

pr1983
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I thought people complained about her being proportioned wrong, because Thor isn't exactly proportioned right here either. His waist is about the size of a 15 year old girl's. The outfit itself looks awesome though.

but his proportions for powergirl were so far off it was embarassing... i think thor looks pretty cool...

people don't like the classic thor costume? seriously?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Rewmac
Awesome cove, but is there are story hpw he comes back? Or the arc isn't even in 616? Or is it in the past or something? I hope he comes back to current Marvel. It happens in current 616. Thor 1 is supposed to explain his absence and his feeling on Civil War and Caps death. I hope its explained properly. It just feels dumb to have Thor go from " unparalleled wisdom like Odin's" to just the God of thunder again. Hes come so far that its a shame to put him back to the way he was.

His Airness
Originally posted by Big Sexy
It happens in current 616. Thor 1 is supposed to explain his absence and his feeling on Civil War and Caps death. I hope its explained properly. It just feels dumb to have Thor go from " unparalleled wisdom like Odin's" to just the God of thunder again. Hes come so far that its a shame to put him back to the way he was.

Completely agree.

TricksterPriest
Given how he basically ended Ragnarok and Asgard was dead, SOME kind of reset was in order. Maybe Sif is the new skyfather? Thor's almost certainly not coming back as RKT, and they're not gonna rez Odin. So my guess is he gave the powers to someone he can trust. Which IMO, would be Balder or Sif. Since Loki's a prick, and the enchantress is a double crosser.

Btw, Kurse is still dead, right? Just asking, since I'm not sure.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Given how he basically ended Ragnarok and Asgard was dead, SOME kind of reset was in order. Maybe Sif is the new skyfather? Thor's almost certainly not coming back as RKT, and they're not gonna rez Odin. So my guess is he gave the powers to someone he can trust. Which IMO, would be Balder or Sif. Since Loki's a prick, and the enchantress is a double crosser.

Btw, Kurse is still dead, right? Just asking, since I'm not sure. Everyone in asgard is basically dead. Kurse died in Ragnarok. The only survivors were BRB and Thor. We all know that with Thor's return, Loki will soon follow. I wonder if Surter will be resurrected.

His Airness
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Btw, Kurse is still dead, right? Just asking, since I'm not sure.

Everyone with the exception of Thor died during Ragnarok, so yes that includes Kurse.

The whole point was to end Ragnarok so the cycle wouldn't reset. He apparently did so for no reason.

For Thor to return, Marvels only option would be to bring Odin back.

Thor won't give his fathers power away.

leonidas

Happy Dance

CasanoVa
Michael Turner is hit and miss with me, sometimes his work looks great, then others it's absolutely tripe.

This is definetly one of his better though cool

Rewmac
It happens in current 616. Thor 1 is supposed to explain his absence and his feeling on Civil War and Caps death. I hope its explained properly. It just feels dumb to have Thor go from " unparalleled wisdom like Odin's" to just the God of thunder again. Hes come so far that its a shame to put him back to the way he was. Nice post and I also agree with you, but the better give a perfect explaination in the first 5 issues...Originally posted by His Airness
Everyone with the exception of Thor died during Ragnarok, so yes that includes Kurse.

The whole point was to end Ragnarok so the cycle wouldn't reset. He apparently did so for no reason.

For Thor to return, Marvels only option would be to bring Odin back.

Thor won't give his fathers power away. He never would. HE is so powerful now. I just hope they let go the Rune powers he would be too powerful and no good fights...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Michael Turner is hit and miss with me, sometimes his work looks great, then others it's absolutely tripe.

This is definetly one of his better though cool

Agreed completely. thumb up

His Airness
Originally posted by Rewmac
Nice post and I also agree with you, but the better give a perfect explaination in the first 5 issues... He never would. HE is so powerful now. I just hope they let go the Rune powers he would be too powerful and no good fights...

I don't want him to be as powerful as Rune kin Thor either just an enhanced version of Classic Thor with the classic feats. However I wouldn't mind if he kept the wisdom and lost the eyes.

Priest
Me likes the outfit.
I hope they bring back Odin smile

Validus
Michael Turner is a pin-up artist. You don't want him doing a whole book.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Validus
Michael Turner is a pin-up artist. You don't want him doing a whole book. Agreed but he can make awesome covers...For the book art I kinda like Bianchi...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Validus
Michael Turner is a pin-up artist. You don't want him doing a whole book.

His fathom was pretty good. As was his Superman/Batman erm

Newjak

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/1097new_storyimage9421715_full.jpg It does look a million times better there.

Although there are still a few things I would change about the costume just on a personal standpoint.

D-Block
It happens in current 616. Thor 1 is supposed to explain his absence and his feeling on Civil War and Caps death. I hope its explained properly. It just feels dumb to have Thor go from " unparalleled wisdom like Odin's" to just the God of thunder again. Hes come so far that its a shame to put him back to the way he was.

I agree with you on that.

His Airness
If Thor doesn't come back with some Classic like feats, and some superbly written fights, and t the very least a decent written story, I'm dropping Marvel comics. They haven't been nearly as good as DC as of late.

WrathfulDwarf
Love the Artwork.....hate that new armor.

Classic Thor for me.

His Airness
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Love the Artwork.....hate that new armor.

Classic Thor for me.

Really. dontgetit

Scoobless
*wonders who will be the first to incorporate this picture into his/her sig*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

His Airness
Originally posted by Scoobless
*wonders who will be the first to incorporate this picture into his/her sig*

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Me, I've already requested it.

(Soujaboy) cool

roughrider

DAMN! Turner should be the artist. Copiel better be bringing his A game to match this! thumb up

Ptr_Grifin
But who is the artist for the interior art? Wolverine Origins has proven to me that the cover can be far, far, far better than the interior art.

Scoobless
Me, I've already requested it.

(Soujaboy) cool

Fanboy

stick out tongue

His Airness
Fanboy

stick out tongue

Look at me!!!!! cool

His Airness
Does anyone besides me get a Captain Marvel(Shazaam) sort of feel from this attire?

DigiMark007
I dunno. Am I the only one that misses the Classic look?

sad

Also, my Thor Halloween costume is no longer up-to-date. The comic gods shall pay for this travesty!

Scoobless
Does anyone besides me get a Captain Marvel(Shazaam) sort of feel from this attire?

Only because of the lightning in that pic.

The cape is much more Superman's style than Thor's (with it going over and around the shoulders) and the two buttons holding it on seem to have been designed by Dr Doom's tailor ... he wont be happy about that.

His Airness
Originally posted by DigiMark007

sad

Also, my Thor Halloween costume is no longer up-to-date. The comic gods shall pay for this travesty!

I hated the classic look. Loved the Rune King look though.

His Airness
Only because of the lightning in that pic.

The cape is much more Superman's style than Thor's (with it going over and around the shoulders) and the two buttons holding it on seem to have been designed by Dr Doom's tailor ... he wont be happy about that.

I think the cape fits him. What I don't like is the boots, I'd much prefer a different style.

Symmetric Chaos

sad

You're not. The classic Thor look conveyed the character quite well.

The RKT look was awesome but he wasn't normal Thor right? He'd taken up the mantle of Odin and needed to look more the part.

His Airness
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You're not. The classic Thor look conveyed the character quite well.

The RKT look was awesome but he wasn't normal Thor right? He'd taken up the mantle of Odin and needed to look more the part.

I honestly hated the classic look with a passion.

He had worn the RKT look before Ragnarok, it was just it was so long ago that the art was horrible so that attire appeared to be horrible.

Jebus reborn
I honestly hated the classic look with a passion. Yet, you have the nerve to call yourself a Thor fan, and by others a Thor fanboy...
Your kind sickens me.

His Airness
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Yet, you have the nerve to call yourself a Thor fan, and by others a Thor fanboy...
Your kind sickens me.

Who said I'm a Thor fan?

Who called me a fanboy? I'll kill em. mad chair cursing

DigiMark007
Wow. So we beat a Thor fanboy down with Thor in the last tourney?!

The irony makes it more amusing for some reason. It would be like me losing to Spidey. I'd be like "Yeah, ok. Good luck Pete" then I'd give them scans.

Newjak

The irony makes it more amusing for some reason. It would be like me losing to Spidey. I'd be like "Yeah, ok. Good luck Pete" then I'd give them scans.

31 Did he give you scans stick out tongue

His Airness

You shut your damn mouth!!!! mad

willRules
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
But who is the artist for the interior art? Wolverine Origins has proven to me that the cover can be far, far, far better than the interior art.

It's Olivier Coipel

Here is some of his stuff........

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=290

Martian_mind
[email protected] a nice pick.

but done right,Thors classic look was a brilliant costume.

Newjak
Originally posted by Martian_mind
[email protected] a nice pick.

but done right,Thors classic look was a brilliant costume. Meh his classic look isn't bad but it just doesn't scream God of Thunder, a prince of Asgard to me.

It says more of, I just woke up and threw on an old shirt and some spandex pants and to make myself look cool I also put on a helmet with wings on it, look.

Hercules
Red Norvell had the classic Thunder God look for me, I still think he looks much better as Thor than Thor does. shrug

Alfheim

That might be the case in Marvel but as far as im concerned the Thor from Norse lore is just as intelligent, sorry I guess this is slightly off topic.

Mindship
Am I the only one that misses the Classic look? I like the classic look. This new look...it works better if Thor was a Viking, not a thunder god.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Newjak
Meh his classic look isn't bad but it just doesn't scream God of Thunder, a prince of Asgard to me.

It says more of, I just woke up and threw on an old shirt and some spandex pants and to make myself look cool I also put on a helmet with wings on it, look.

The things that made the classic look work for me was that they were making Thor as a superhero and a god not just focusing on his god side.

The spandex and the helmet can convey the hero aspect of the character and the characterization can convey the god aspect of his character. It's something that really made him stand out IMO.

Newjak
The things that made the classic look work for me was that they were making Thor as a superhero and a god not just focusing on his god side.

The spandex and the helmet can convey the hero aspect of the character and the characterization can convey the god aspect of his character. It's something that really made him stand out IMO. Oddly enough that is why I do not like the look.

Thor is supposed to a be a God first and foremost he should look the part. I just think some more grand looking designs would be better.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Newjak
Oddly enough that is why I do not like the look.

Thor is supposed to a be a God first and foremost he should look the part. I just think some more grand looking designs would be better.

When he was being the new Odin sure erm

But as Thor working on earth as a heroic character it doesn't make much sense to have him looking the part of a god. I mean it would just seem so incredibly unnatural for a guy in full Norse armor to be fighting along side heroes in spandex and supertech.

Newjak
When he was being the new Odin sure erm

But as Thor working on earth as a heroic character it doesn't make much sense to have him looking the part of a god. I mean it would just seem so incredibly unnatural for a guy in full Norse armor to be fighting along side heroes in spandex and supertech. I'm not saying to put him in full Norse Armor. I'm thinking more of an adventurer prince type look. With Armor incorporated but still show some good common elements.

Mindship
The things that made the classic look work for me was that they were making Thor as a superhero and a god...
'Zactly so. I mean, his new look is more realistic from a time-period POV. But it just ain't superheroish enough for me...especially with those sleeves. The sleeveless look was tres cool.

His Airness
I dislike the way Oliver draws Thor. The art by Michael Turner is much better.

His Airness
I dislike the way Oliver draws Thor. The art by Michael Turner is much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.