Hyperstorm w/Power Gem vs. the Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ytse
Hyperstorm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperstorm)
w/ Power Gem (Contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and backs the other gems and boosts their effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible and therefore unbeatable when using raw power alone)

vs.

Celestials (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestials)

Can Hyperstorm handle them?

guy222
Originally posted by Ytse
Hyperstorm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperstorm)
w/ Power Gem (Contains access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and backs the other gems and boosts their effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible and therefore unbeatable when using raw power alone)

vs.

Celestials (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestials)

Can Hyperstorm handle them?

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/13821251923.jpg

No. He falls

celestialdemon
Versus all the Celestials? He loses.

llagrok
He falls indeed.

TricksterPriest
He's more than good enough to beat 1 or 2 though.

Jebus reborn
Doesn't H-Storm control all hyperspace?
Which, just a tiny amount from Invisible She, was able to destroy Exitar?

Hmm... added the fact that he has the Power Gem, and there is no amount of Celestials said...

llagrok
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Does H-Storm control all hyperspace?
Which, just a tiny amount from Invisible She, was able to destroy Exitar?

Hmm... added the fact that he has the Power Gem, and there is no amount of Celestials said...

"Can Hyperstorm handle them?"

Ytse
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He's more than good enough to beat 1 or 2 though.

What about say...

Exitar, Arishem, and OAA?

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by llagrok
"Can Hyperstorm handle them?" Which tells me there is more than one, but what it would seem, is that the whole race is there...

llagrok
What about say...

Exitar, Arishem, and OAA?

One above all is above Hyperstorm

*smug*

Jebus reborn
What about say...

Exitar, Arishem, and OAA? In my opinion, Hyperstorm would smash them...

Ytse
In my opinion, Hyperstorm would smash them...

Perhaps I overestimated Hyperstorm at first. But he draws from Hyperspace just as the Celestials do. And I was thinking that the power gem, in his hands, would allow him to boost his already very impressive powers to a magnitude that would dwarf what he has without the gem. Also he becomes basically invulnerable.

I guess the question is...how many celestials could he handle at once before he falters?

celestialdemon
I think if it's going to be Arishem, Exitar, and OAA, then Hyperstorm would win.

guy222
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I think if it's going to be Arishem, Exitar, and OAA, then Hyperstorm would win.

no

Celestials are many. Hyperstorm is powerful. He's returning. He was stopped by Franklin. He isn't defeating the Celestial race.

Its cool, I did threads on Hyperstorm and not many liked his battle with teh Big G

celestialdemon
Originally posted by guy222
no

Celestials are many. Hyperstorm is powerful. He's returning. He was stopped by Franklin. He isn't defeating the Celestial race.

Its cool, I did threads on Hyperstorm and not many liked his battle with teh Big G

You're right. I don't think he can defeat the whole Celestial race. But if he's just facing these 3, then I think he can with the Power Gem.

Jebus reborn
Perhaps I overestimated Hyperstorm at first. But he draws from Hyperspace just as the Celestials do. And I was thinking that the power gem, in his hands, would allow him to boost his already very impressive powers to a magnitude that would dwarf what he has without the gem. Also he becomes basically invulnerable.

I guess the question is...how many celestials could he handle at once before he falters? The thing is, Celestials are weak to the very same thing Hyperstorm is a master of.

Ytse
The thing is, Celestials are weak to the very same thing Hyperstorm is a master of.

Yeah. Sue creates her force fields from hyperspace and she was able to damage Exitar. Hyperstorm's powers well outclass Sue's. He was able to create a time machine as well so who knows the extent that his technology might come into play. And all of this with the power gem on top of it.

Board Walker
HyperStorm wins

One his powers is that he controls the very power and life force which fuels the Celestials.

Do any of you remember how Sue killed Exitar?

Now imagine that on an infinitely grander scale.

guy222
Originally posted by Board Walker
HyperStorm wins

One his powers is that he controls the very power and life force which fuels the Celestials.

Do any of you remember how Sue killed Exitar?

Now imagine that on an infinitely grander scale.

wavey

Celestials' power far exceeds Hyperstorm. Remember what happened to the Destroyer? Regarding Sue, such a good issue. FF #400. Celestials have returned. BW, the new Eternals mini is being written.

Board Walker
wavey

Celestials' power far exceeds Hyperstorm. Remember what happened to the Destroyer? Regarding Sue, such a good issue. FF #400. Celestials have returned. BW, the new Eternals mini is being written.

Their is a new eternals series going on?

Jebus reborn
wavey

Celestials' power far exceeds Hyperstorm. Remember what happened to the Destroyer? Regarding Sue, such a good issue. FF #400. Celestials have returned. BW, the new Eternals mini is being written. A Celestial is most likely lower than Hyperstorm, without the apparent weakness.

guy222
A Celestial is most likely lower than Hyperstorm, without the apparent weakness.

vs Arishem/Exitar
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/13815371040.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/13815371054.jpg

vs Tiamut
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/5/13821140543.jpg

vs Celestials...Hyperstorm falls yes

Tenebrous
Not sure about the entirety of all the celestials...but hyperstorm has the power to draw limitlessly from hyperspace, which is the celestial "energy source" in a way.

Now the power gem gives its user limitless power.

Coupled with the fact that Hyperstorm>>>>Doom in terms of intelligence and prep, I'm sure he could figure out SOMETHING with the power gem.

A lot more dangerous than people think. He just lacks on panel feats, which of course makes him speculative in nature at best.

guy222
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Not sure about the entirety of all the celestials...but hyperstorm has the power to draw limitlessly from hyperspace, which is the celestial "energy source" in a way.

Now the power gem gives its user limitless power.

Coupled with the fact that Hyperstorm>>>>Doom in terms of intelligence and prep, I'm sure he could figure out SOMETHING with the power gem.

A lot more dangerous than people think. He just lacks on panel feats, which of course makes him speculative in nature at best.

He lost to Franklin smile I have always said Hyperstorm is badass. Look at his parents

Ytse
He lost to Franklin smile

guy, you seem to know a lot about the celestials. Their powers seem to involve a lot of energy projection. But how would that manage to harm Hyperstorm at all if he has the power gem? I can see how Hyperstorm would be able to hurt the celestials since they seem to be vulnerable to hyperspace derived powers and Hyperstorm has that in spades even without the power gem. I just can't see how they would stop him aside from maybe trapping him in another dimension or something.

Tenebrous
He lost to Franklin smile I have always said Hyperstorm is badass. Look at his parents

Ah but remember that wasn't the Hyperstorm that lost to Galactus, that was the (weaker version of) Hyperstorm in the MC2 universe...where Franklin was part of the Fantastic Five....so the story is not canon smile

616 Hyperstorm beat everybody-including Reed and Doom, going so far as to break Reed's confidence in his own abilities and humiliate and outsmart Doom at every turn-until Reed unleashed Galactus on him.

guy222
guy, you seem to know a lot about the celestials. Their powers seem to involve a lot of energy projection. But how would that manage to harm Hyperstorm at all if he has the power gem? I can see how Hyperstorm would be able to hurt the celestials since they seem to be vulnerable to hyperspace derived powers and Hyperstorm has that in spades even without the power gem. I just can't see how they would stop him aside from maybe trapping him in another dimension or something.

Celestials made the mutants. Celestials are many. Arishem the Judge, Scathan the Approver, Exitar the Exterminator, Ziran the Tester and baddest of all Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial. Hyperstorm vs all the Celestials. He will not win

The Celestials along with Living Tribunal are my favorite Comic characters smile

guy222
Ah but remember that wasn't the Hyperstorm that lost to Galactus, that was the (weaker version of) Hyperstorm in the MC2 universe...where Franklin was part of the Fantastic Five....so the story is not canon smile

616 Hyperstorm beat everybody-including Reed and Doom, going so far as to break Reed's confidence in his own abilities and humiliate and outsmart Doom at every turn-until Reed unleashed Galactus on him.

Hyperstorm said not even Galactus could defeat him smile He should return

Ytse
Celestials made the mutants. Celestials are many. Arishem the Judge, Scathan the Approver, Exitar the Exterminator, Ziran the Tester and baddest of all Tiamut, the Dreaming Celestial. Hyperstorm vs all the Celestials. He will not win

Yes, I'm aware of 20 or so different Celestials. And I find them quite interesting as well. I also find Hyperstorm quite interesting because he seems to be one of, if not the most powerful mutant to have existed.

But what I am curious about is what a Celestial could do to harm Hyperstorm if he is wielding the power gem. And wouldn't that provide him access to more energy than all of the Celestials combined?

I'm not taking sides here, I just want input from anyone who knows anything about Hyperstorm, the power gem, or the Celestials.

smile

Board Walker

Ah some one who actually read both story arcs, good good!

guy222
Originally posted by Board Walker
Ah some one who actually read both story arcs, good good!

I did also yes

Endless Mike
I'm looking for them but I can't find them.

guy222
Billions of Celestials vs Hyperstorm. Poor Hyperstorm

Scathan, Tiamut, Arishem, Exitar or Ziran stomp Hyperstorm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.