Jenny Sparks vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes it?

Debate.

DigiMark007
I suppose I'm asking for a lashing from stormfront, but I think Jenny would take this. Besides my Wildstorm bias, Jenny "is" electricity. Once in electrical form, there's not much Storm could do. Water doesn't phase Jenny, wind and lightning wouldn't do anything.

I'm sure Storm has some sort of invulnerability to lightning and electricity, but even she would go down if Jenny just continually electrocuted her, which is well within her power.

-DM

Sentry
Yeah I think Jenny could take her. I was gonna stick her against Electro and Storm, but I think Electro would have been a non-factor. Jenny wins.

stormfront13
well seeing as storm can manipulate electricity and has small control over electrons she may stand a chance

FieryBalrog
I would think Storm wins, she can manipulate the EM spectrum. And if Jenny IS electricity, then...

And Storm has high immunity to lightning and electricity. It would take quite a bit of electrocuting to do anything to her.

stormfront13
I was gonna say the same thing but didn't know what people would say, so glad you said it

Scoobless
Sparks doesn't (or didn't) seem to have any limit on the amount of electricity she could control...... she's too much for Storm

whirlysplat
Well standing at a hundred feet made of pure electricity, destroying a fleet of shift ships from sliding albion is a little beyond storm I'm afraid big grin

"The Spirit of the Twentieth Century" takes this easily big grin

xmarksthespot
Bump.

Black Adam
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Bump.

he

when did your Authority phase start anyway?

i just recently read the whole series about a month ago... Real good stuff.

anyway Jenny takes this.

batdude123
Jenny

Black Adam
ninja

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Black Adam
when did your Authority phase start anyway?Recently read v1, 2 and 3.

Jenny kills the wannabe goddess with relative ease.

complexbrother
I'm a huge storm fan (you'll be hard pressed to fing a bigger fan than me) but Jenny would murder Ororo.

Black Adam
off topic but did anyone prefer the adorable little girl jenny quantum over the jenny sparks wannabe they made her into?

xmarksthespot
I preferred Jenny Sparks over either...

ebonyblade1
Hey, this isn't a fair fight. In defense of storm. She is very powerful. But jenny is really on another level. In her element she is unstoppable she could take out most of DC and Marvel's top tier. There is a way for storm to win though. If Jenny wasn't anywhere near a city or a generator. Preferably a tropical rain forest, where storm would be in her element. Then she could handle jenny, maybe even win. I am guessing, because I really don't know. Is storm immune to electricity? she has immunity to hiv and telepathy. Why not electricity?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Black Adam
off topic but did anyone prefer the adorable little girl jenny quantum over the jenny sparks wannabe they made her into?

Nope

montrail
What is Jenny's power first off? Can he/she just turn into electrictiy and shoot it at people?

montrail
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
Hey, this isn't a fair fight. In defense of storm. She is very powerful. But jenny is really on another level. In her element she is unstoppable she could take out most of DC and Marvel's top tier. There is a way for storm to win though. If Jenny wasn't anywhere near a city or a generator. Preferably a tropical rain forest, where storm would be in her element. Then she could handle jenny, maybe even win. I am guessing, because I really don't know. Is storm immune to electricity? she has immunity to hiv and telepathy. Why not electricity?
She isn't immune, she is highly resistant to telepathy...same with electricity.

Black Adam
Originally posted by montrail
What is Jenny's power first off? Can he/she just turn into electrictiy and shoot it at people?

Electro on super steroids basically..

being of pure electricity that can control everything about it.

montrail
Oh okay. Thisis sort of tough. Can she travel really fast? Because Storm has been known to travel as lightning more than once. And she has been known to disperse an electrical cage from soneome wayyy more powerful than Electro. But i really can't debate until I know her extents.

HandOfFate

Black Adam

montrail
She has a mini? And what is WW?

xmarksthespot
World War.
Originally posted by montrail
Oh okay. Thisis sort of tough. Can she travel really fast? Because Storm has been known to travel as lightning more than once. And she has been known to disperse an electrical cage from soneome wayyy more powerful than Electro. But i really can't debate until I know her extents. I'm calling bullshit. Unless I see some actual scans of Storm turning into lighting travelling some distance and turning back. The only thing that would come close to that is when she amped up for a single issue where Doom had her trapped as a chrome statue.

Jenny killed God. Storm doesn't even come close to being a challenge.

stormfront13
World War.
I'm calling bullshit. Unless I see some actual scans of Storm turning into lighting travelling some distance and turning back. The only thing that would come close to that is when she amped up for a single issue where Doom had her trapped as a chrome statue.

he mispoke... he was talking about the time she rode on a lightning bolt...no need to jump down his throat

ebonyblade1
Jenny didn't kill God by DC or Marvel standards. That creature was hardly omniscient,omnipotent or omnipresent. Since it is clear to me now that storm has a resistance to electricity, it may be a fair fight after all. Jenny has weaknesses. She cannot stay in her electric form. And when she is in her human form she is vulnerable to everything but electricity. So storm could beat her with any of her other powers: She could freeze her with artic wind or send debris flying at her with the force of a hurricane. Storm can use a straw to shatter bricks (she warned emma frost of this when emma pissed her off). She really isn't to be taken lightly. I say storm 5-6/10 times. I cant give a clear wind to either.

montrail
Hold up ebony...said she could shatter bricks with a straw....what issue?! Got a scan?! I wanna see!
World War.
I'm calling bullshit. Unless I see some actual scans of Storm turning into lighting travelling some distance and turning back. The only thing that would come close to that is when she amped up for a single issue where Doom had her trapped as a chrome statue.

Uncanny X-men #145. She didn't ride the lightning bolt, she WAS the lightning bolt. I could say Giant Size X-men #1 where she came as lightning...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
Jenny didn't kill God by DC or Marvel standards. That creature was hardly omniscient,omnipotent or omnipresent. Since it is clear to me now that storm has a resistance to electricity, it may be a fair fight after all. Jenny has weaknesses. She cannot stay in her electric form. And when she is in her human form she is vulnerable to everything but electricity. So storm could beat her with any of her other powers: She could freeze her with artic wind or send debris flying at her with the force of a hurricane. Storm can use a straw to shatter bricks (she warned emma frost of this when emma pissed her off). She really isn't to be taken lightly. I say storm 5-6/10 times. I cant give a clear wind to either. Jenny can't stay in her electricity form? Oh then she must have been in an ordinary human form when she grew 100 ft tall and fried a fleet of aircraft.

She put out enough electricity to kill a planet-sized living being. The Spirit of the 20th Century kills Storm with ease.

juggernaut66666
bump

grey fox
Storm get's crispy fried.

Jenny could power all of new york for a month with just her LITTLE FINGER.

Beta Ray Howard
Storm dies.

2damnloud
Storm wins.

She can do more to Jenny than vice versa.

Rutog98
Originally posted by grey fox
Storm get's crispy fried.

Jenny could power all of new york for a month with just her LITTLE FINGER.

That's not really very much power compared to Storm. Sorry. A few lightning bolts can do this. One bolt can power New York for a week, if I remember correctly.

If Storm is given her full credit, she's immune to electricity. She's taken electrical blasts from powerful electric characters like Blitzkrieg and not feel a thing. She can also absorb electricity. What is to stop her from absorbing Jenny? In "Hunt for Xavier," Cerebro attacked Storm with some kind of energy blast (considering the nature of the creature, it was probably electrical related) and with a thought, Storm stopped the blast cold right in front of her. It did not touch her. It just seems to me that Storm has great defenses against Jenny's powers and can come at Jenny more ways than Jenny can come at her.

Charlotte DeBel
Can Storm survive being disembodied? Please don't bring some alternate reality/ future crap as most of her fanboys like to do - in alternate reality Jubilee was high level energy manipulator Vertigo and Emma was in wheelchair.
For Jenny it's norm to turn her ENTIRE body in electricity- not as one bright but never repeated on panel feat, but on daily basis..skyscraper-sized electrical "body" anyone? She stays in that form as long as she needs to- and I really doubt that fighting Storm will give her a strain like one she felt when electrocuting "God" (when she just had to turn back into human form- she was TOO tired to stay as a pure electricity and she had to say her last will)....

I don't hate Storm, people...But I find the ways of victories like "absorbing Jenny" a bit absurd.

newyorkcares
Storm would blow out her lighter as she was trying to light a cigarette, then go straight for the h2h advantage which ...would last for about 2 minutes. JS get all zappy and Storm buys it. 5 minute fight at best.

The Fake Macoy
I'm pretty sure that Storm's ability to absorb electricity isn't infinite. I'm going to say Jenny takes this, providing the fight happens before the year 2000.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Can Storm survive being disembodied? Please don't bring some alternate reality/ future crap as most of her fanboys like to do - in alternate reality Jubilee was high level energy manipulator Vertigo and Emma was in wheelchair.
For Jenny it's norm to turn her ENTIRE body in electricity- not as one bright but never repeated on panel feat, but on daily basis..skyscraper-sized electrical "body" anyone? She stays in that form as long as she needs to- and I really doubt that fighting Storm will give her a strain like one she felt when electrocuting "God" (when she just had to turn back into human form- she was TOO tired to stay as a pure electricity and she had to say her last will)....

I don't hate Storm, people...But I find the ways of victories like "absorbing Jenny" a bit absurd.

Storm absorbs electricity all the time and has absorbed the electricity of entire storm cells. That is a WHOLE lot more than a skyscraper-sized electrical being. Can Jenny power the entire United States? Storm works with electrical energies on a scale that could power the US for months, if not years, on a regular basis when she's creating her hurricanes and such. Honestly, I'm not so convinced that Jenny can even hurt Storm with her powers.

quickshot
Doesn't Absorbing electricity mash up Storms spinal cord and Jennys infinite electricity, Storm would be paralysed before she took all of Jenny.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm works with electrical energies on a scale that could power the US for months, if not years, on a regular basis when she's creating her hurricanes and such.
According to this possibly shaky article, it would take three billion lightning strikes just to power the US for a day. I want to see some numbers on how much energy it takes to trigger a hurricane.

Rutog98
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp905/html/MilkoAmorth.html

Try reading that. Also, in numerous books I have read over the years, it has been stated that hurricanes generate enough energy to power the US for six months. Storm can generate storms much more powerful than real life hurricanes and her reach is far greater than any hurricane as she can reach all around the planet for her resources. She basically has the resources of the entire planet at her beck and call.

Here is something else to read:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/D7.html

Rutog98
Originally posted by quickshot
Doesn't Absorbing electricity mash up Storms spinal cord and Jennys infinite electricity, Storm would be paralysed before she took all of Jenny.

It does not. You are thinking about X-Treme X-Men. In those instances, Viper had slashed the part of Storm's spinal chord that affects a person's mutant power or something or other. Anyway, she hit this point on Ororo and it weakened Storm. She then vulernerable to lightning and all as we saw when she tried to bring down the lightning on Khan's harem.

Rutog98
Guys, if electricity is a character's only power, Storm would be one of the last opponents they should face. That power should not be able to hurt her and she has those same resources plus much more.

ExodusCloak
Storm can generate storms much more powerful than real life hurricanes

Umm erm it says here in the New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #1 that she "cannot create atmospheric conditions that do not exist naturally in her environment." Therefore the power of her Hurricanes on Earth are equivalent to those that exist naturally on Earth.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4241/allnewofficialhandbookonc8.th.jpghttp://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5425/allnewofficialhandbookocc7.th.jpghttp://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3999/allnewofficialhandbookosa4.th.jpghttp://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4080/allnewofficialhandbookocb6.th.jpg

Rutog98
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Umm erm it says here in the New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #1 that she "cannot create atmospheric conditions that do not exist naturally in her environment." Therefore the power of her Hurricanes on Earth are equivalent to those that exist naturally on Earth.

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4241/allnewofficialhandbookonc8.th.jpghttp://img307.imageshack.us/img307/5425/allnewofficialhandbookocc7.th.jpghttp://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3999/allnewofficialhandbookosa4.th.jpghttp://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4080/allnewofficialhandbookocb6.th.jpg

You are misinterpreting it. What the Official Handbook is basically saying is that Storm is limited to the resources on Earth. In other words, if there is a potential to generate a hurricane greater than real life, she can do it. Hence she's been able to generate fields of pressure on Earth greater than the surface of Jupiter and generate winds far more powerful than any real life hurricane or tornado. In other words, there may be the resources on Earth to generate say, a thousand mph wind. However, in real life, the probability of that happening is so rare that we don't see it. Storm, however, can bring those resources together. This leaves the writer a great deal of artistic license to make her winds however strong they want to make them hence she has done things many times over to demonstrate this.

If you will notice, they finally took out that 300 mph flight for Storm as it was totally ridiculous.

ExodusCloak
You are misinterpreting it. What the Official Handbook is basically saying is that Storm is limited to the resources on Earth. In other words, if there is a potential to generate a hurricane greater than real life, she can do it. Hence she's been able to generate fields of pressure on Earth greater than the surface of Jupiter and generate winds far more powerful than any real life hurricane or tornado. In other words, there may be the resources on Earth to generate say, a thousand mph wind. However, in real life, the probability of that happening is so rare that we don't see it. Storm, however, can bring those resources together. This leaves the writer a great deal of artistic license to make her winds however strong they want to make them hence she has done things many times over to demonstrate this.

If you will notice, they finally took out that 300 mph flight for Storm as it was totally ridiculous.

It says "Storm cannot create atmospheric conditions that do not exist naturally in her enviroment". How can anyone misinterpret it?

What you're forgetting is that Pressures greater then the surface of Jupiter DO occur naturally on Earth. The pressure inside the Earths crust, mantle, core etc...is greater then the surface of Jupiter.

You have yet to show on panel proof of her creating winds more powerful then 300mph. And since winds on Earth do not reach speeds of up to 300mph I think it's safe to say that she can't create winds more powerful then 300mph on Earth. Becuase A.) She hasn't shown it...and B.) It's been stated that she can't because winds greater then 300mph do not occur naturally in the Earths atmosphere.

As for the the removal of the 300mph cap on Storms winds you'll notice that it was omitted because this line:

"Storm cannot create atmospheric conditions that do not exist naturally in her enviroment"

Basically says the same thing.

When posting a speed feat you usually looking for something on the lines of this:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3370/classicxmen01808xy8.th.jpg

With an actual sense of time and distance. It has a sense of distance and time. In the feats you're using there is no sense of time or distance or wind speed. Therefore it's all your speculation. Who's to say that winds less then 300mph can't hold a skyscraper still? And that feat from Schism has no sense of Distance(As in you don't know how far the Mansion from The X-Treme Headquarters is or the Time it takes for Storm to travel that distance.

Anyway I don't think I need to convince you....I'm just putting the scans out there...and allow people to thing and make decisions for themselves. It's better that way IMO.

Rutog98
It says "Storm cannot create atmospheric conditions that do not exist naturally in her enviroment". How can anyone misinterpret it?

What you're forgetting is that Pressures greater then the surface of Jupiter DO occur naturally on Earth. The pressure inside the Earths crust, mantle, core etc...is greater then the surface of Jupiter.

You have yet to show on panel proof of her creating winds more powerful then 300mph. And since winds on Earth do not reach speeds of up to 300mph I think it's safe to say that she can't create winds more powerful then 300mph on Earth. Becuase A.) She hasn't shown it...and B.) It's been stated that she can't because winds greater then 300mph do not occur naturally in the Earths atmosphere.

As for the the removal of the 300mph cap on Storms winds you'll notice that it was omitted because this line:

"Storm cannot create atmospheric conditions that do not exist naturally in her enviroment"

Basically says the same thing.

When posting a speed feat you usually looking for something on the lines of this:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3370/classicxmen01808xy8.th.jpg

With an actual sense of time and distance. It has a sense of distance and time. In the feats you're using there is no sense of time or distance or wind speed. Therefore it's all your speculation. Who's to say that winds less then 300mph can't hold a skyscraper still? And that feat from Schism has no sense of Distance(As in you don't know how far the Mansion from The X-Treme Headquarters is or the Time it takes for Storm to travel that distance.

Anyway I don't think I need to convince you....I'm just putting the scans out there...and allow people to thing and make decisions for themselves. It's better that way IMO.

Ororo did not hold that skyscraper still. She lifted it. Did you not notice that she was flying in the air with the building above her on a pillar of wind? In "Schism," she flew from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes. That was not an 8-10 hour flight given what was going on in the story. Emma was walking around in her astral form. This means all of what she accomplished was going on at the speed of thought. Bishop and Sage were not lolligagging around and they know their way around the mansion. They confronted Emma and by the time they threw her out of the building, Storm had arrived. She also flew from Australia to the Savage Land in antarctica in no time flat.

Not only this, there is the whole issue where Storm knocked down Magneto's force-field and where she redirected the full power of Siena Blaze, etc.

Storm can generate winds much greater than real life winds (and she has on numerous occassions) and it would still not violate what was printed in the source you gave. That comment about not going beyond what can occur naturally on Earth has been printed in every official handbook I have read about the character including the 300 mph thing. Its something how they took it out in this one where the bio is also more comprehensive than any previous bio written. For instance, we finally see them state that she can control the solar winds. She channelled all of that steller energy in 165 (this just came up over the last 2 years in the Handbooks).

The fact is, you are trying to tie Storm's winds down to a 300 mph limit so you can disregard her higher power stunts. This covers you in future debates because rather than having to combat a character withstanding the tremendous amounts of forces Ororo has generated with her winds, you would try and just prove they can withstand forces greater than 300 mph winds. Its not going to work. Sorry.

2damnloud
laughing my ass off @ winds not eqaul to, but LESS than 300mph holding up a SKYSCRAPER. And again I laugh laughing

Give the character her DUE already!!

Rutog98
Originally posted by 2damnloud
laughing my ass off @ winds not eqaul to, but LESS than 300mph holding up a SKYSCRAPER. And again I laugh laughing

Give the character her DUE already!!

Tell me about it. I have never seen such desperate tactics from anybody. I remember in the Storm vs. Hulk thread where he tried so hard to prove that Storm could not control the cosmic winds despite she had done it in canon. He pulled up the Classic X-Men issue complimenting issue of Uncanny 99 where the instance was rewritten by the writer and totally wanted to ignore the classic equal to Uncanny 164 where it was written back into the character. Then I beat him over the head big time with this issue of the Official Handbook that just came out that gave her the power again. Then he tried to debate that because Storm had the ability to evolve into a real goddess did not mean that she could wield unlimited power. He then tried to argue that her ability to transcend humanity was a statement not only for her, but for other mutants as well and then totally wanted to ignore the fact that her powers are limited only by the force of her will and strength of her body. In other words, if she transcends humanity (which in Storm's case, it was stated that she would become a true goddess), it would nullify that weakness. As Roguestorm, we saw her beginning to evolve and her powers were stated to be near-infinite. The issue also stated that she finally knew how Jean Grey felt as Phoenix to be tempted by ultimate power as Storm was as well tempted by ultimate power. However, she turned it down unlike Dark Phoenix (who's powers were near infinite at the time of her demise) who died before she could actually reach it.

Now he is trying again to come up with the most LUDICROUS comments imaginable to try and limit the force of Ororo's winds which would ignore a great deal of her power showings. For instance, Magneto, while stunned, was VERY easily able to withstand the combined powers of Cyclops, Wolverine and Colossus, yet Storm's winds taxed his powers greatly. I mean, the list just goes on and on.

xmarksthespot
Storm isn't absorbing anything. Jenny's control of electricity makes Storm look like a retarded toddler.

Nothing Storm can do will harm Jenny at all in her electric form.

She is electricity.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4263/authority0614ed5.th.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1572/authority0615ia8.th.jpg
She owns electricity.
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8708/p11nd3.th.jpg
It's her plaything.

She can just subtract the electricity from Storm's brain killing her instantly - as stated she can do on panel and not some bullshit speculation. And Jenny does kill. She's been doing it for a hundred years. The only way Storm would beat her is if they fought at 1 second to midnight on New Year's Eve 1999 - but for the purposes of the forum fight I'm assuming Jenny's allowed to be alive for her fight.

Rutog98
Storm isn't absorbing anything. Jenny's control of electricity makes Storm look like a retarded toddler.

Nothing Storm can do will harm Jenny at all in her electric form.

She is electricity.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4263/authority0614ed5.th.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1572/authority0615ia8.th.jpg
She owns electricity.
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/8708/p11nd3.th.jpg
It's her plaything.

She can just subtract the electricity from Storm's brain killing her instantly. And Jenny does kill. She's been doing it for a hundred years.

I disagree with you here. I don't think Jenny has more control over Storm in electricity at all. I think that she may have more stunts with it being her only power and Storm having many powers, but Storm's control is just as good if not better.

First off, Storm controls the forces behind the weather. This includes electrical and magnetic fields, heat, pressure gradiates, moisture, gravity (Surprise! No wonder Storm can also bend space to her will. big grin), etc.

When she is playing with the weather, she is playing with these forces and she plays with them on a major scale too. Blitzkrieg trapped her in a cage made up of electricity. Though we have not seen Storm apply her control in this manner, she was able to disperse it with a thought. We've seen her pull electricity out of electromagnetic fields (including planetary EM fields), fly on a bolt of lightning, manifest clothing out of thin air by manipulating electrons, break down water into hydrogen and oxygen in a roomfull of bad guys and X-Men while having the control over the electrical current to not electrocute anyone. Jenny is not taking anyting out of Storm's brain.

The fact is unless you can show me Jenny pulling some global or cosmic stunts, Storm can outpower her.

xmarksthespot
I disagree with you here. I don't think Jenny has more control over Storm in electricity at all. I think that she may have more stunts with it being her only power and Storm having many powers, but Storm's control is just as good if not better.

First off, Storm controls the forces behind the weather. This includes electrical and magnetic fields, heat, pressure gradiates, moisture, gravity (Surprise! No wonder Storm can also bend space to her will. big grin), etc.

When she is playing with the weather, she is playing with these forces and she plays with them on a major scale too. Blitzkrieg trapped her in a cage made up of electricity. Though we have not seen Storm apply her control in this manner, she was able to disperse it with a thought. We've seen her pull electricity out of electromagnetic fields (including planetary EM fields), fly on a bolt of lightning, manifest clothing out of thin air by manipulating electrons, break down water into hydrogen and oxygen in a roomfull of bad guys and X-Men while having the control over the electrical current to not electrocute anyone. Jenny is not taking anyting out of Storm's brain.

The fact is unless you can show me Jenny pulling some global or cosmic stunts, Storm can outpower her. I'm seeing a lot of blah blah speculation and hyping of Storm with irrelevant information about her "power output." with one-off SvFL powers like making clothes and not a lot of anything, not anything actually, that would actually allow Storm to win.

I very much doubt you've read a single issue of The Authority, Stormwatch or her mini; that in addition to the fact that you refuse to believe Storm can lose to nary anyone below Silver Surfer makes it a relatively pointless endeavor to try and convince you otherwise.

Bored now. Feel free to keep raving like a lunatic.

2damnloud
I gotta go with Storm.

Storm deals in electricity(sub-atomic particles) on a LAAAARGER scale than Jenny than at leisure.

I wonder if storm can affect the atmospheric ionization enough to inhibit Jenny's powers then use her other powers on her. hmmmmmmm

Storm did Electrolysis in WATER, creating oxygen without electrocuting anyone. That shows some fine control over Ions.

2damnloud
laughing. Im just readin a few articles about how storms are created and all the factors involved with regard to the Earth's electrical feilds, Ionosphere, magnetosphere etc.

If storm infact controls, and is connected with all of THAT, at ALL times, then she makes this Jenny chick look like a goddamn firecracker laughing

Jenny's powers are dependent on the Earth's natural electrical feilds right??? laughing

She's SCREWED!

Just a simple cloud formation requires so much electromagnetic polarity and all this other stuff.

I say storm can proabably mess with the Earth's atmospheric Ionization.

That seems WELL within her powers.

Beta Ray Howard
laughing. Im just readin a few articles about how storms are created and all the factors involved with regard to the Earth's electrical feilds, Ionosphere, magnetosphere etc.

If storm infact controls, and is connected with all of THAT, at ALL times, then she makes this Jenny chick look like a goddamn firecracker laughing

Jenny's powers are dependent on the Earth's natural electrical feilds right??? laughing

She's SCREWED!

Just a simple cloud formation requires so much electromagnetic polarity and all this other stuff.

Until you show a scan of her doing that on panel, it's stupid.

You fail.

Insert quarter and try again.

Rutog98

She's SCREWED!

She can tap into the electrical potential energy of the planet and manipulate the planet's electrical impuses.

Honestly, Storm is playing with all of this stuff all the time that you mentioned.

The Fake Macoy
Storm's brain will get shut down if she isn't fried by Jenny. Show one instance where Storm's brain does not work using electricity.

2damnloud
Some of theses people's whole basis for these people's arguments against Storm is to negate the forces she munipulates to create weather phenomena. They just know that she does it without actually delving into HOW she actually does it. To do so, makes her a wee bit more powerful than people like to admit.

I can clearly see how Storm's powers can be expanded only really limited by ones imagination.

Fact is, you can't admit the fact that storm controls the weather through her own mutant, psionic will(not magic), yet in the same breath, negate the fact that with this same will, she controls the most fundemental forces in the universe, not just one force, but in CONCERT.

You just CAN'T do it guys.smart

Beta Ray Howard
She can tap into the electrical potential energy of the planet and manipulate the planet's electrical impuses.

Honestly, Storm is playing with all of this stuff all the time that you mentioned.

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Until you show a scan of her doing that on panel, it's stupid.

You fail.

Insert quarter and try again.

xmarksthespot
Just like how Kitty Pryde is always consciously manipulating weak force, strong force, electromagnetism and gravity whenever she phases the atoms of her body through matter and energy, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beta Ray Howard
Just like how Kitty Pryde is always consciously manipulating weak force, strong force, electromagnetism and gravity whenever she phases the atoms of her body through matter and energy, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

But X! You forgot air pressure dome eathquake synapse fry!

But it's weak against concrete.

Swanky-Tuna
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp905/html/MilkoAmorth.html

Try reading that. Also, in numerous books I have read over the years, it has been stated that hurricanes generate enough energy to power the US for six months. Storm can generate storms much more powerful than real life hurricanes and her reach is far greater than any hurricane as she can reach all around the planet for her resources. She basically has the resources of the entire planet at her beck and call.

Here is something else to read:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/D7.html
I'm sorry. I thought you said Storm worked enough electrical energy to power the US for months, if not years. So I automatically assumed you meant she worked with electrical energy that might power the US for months, if not years.

Obviously it would take much less energy to trigger a hurricane than it would be to create one manually otherwise Storm would be one stupid broad. And Storm doesn't usually have hurricanes going for days does she? Also, the first website is just a copy and paste from the second website.

Brian Oswald
weather earthquake ftw!!!

ExodusCloak
Ororo did not hold that skyscraper still. She lifted it. Did you not notice that she was flying in the air with the building above her on a pillar of wind? In "Schism," she flew from New Orleans to New York in a matter of minutes. That was not an 8-10 hour flight given what was going on in the story. Emma was walking around in her astral form. This means all of what she accomplished was going on at the speed of thought. Bishop and Sage were not lolligagging around and they know their way around the mansion. They confronted Emma and by the time they threw her out of the building, Storm had arrived. She also flew from Australia to the Savage Land in antarctica in no time flat.

Not only this, there is the whole issue where Storm knocked down Magneto's force-field and where she redirected the full power of Siena Blaze, etc.

Storm can generate winds much greater than real life winds (and she has on numerous occassions) and it would still not violate what was printed in the source you gave. That comment about not going beyond what can occur naturally on Earth has been printed in every official handbook I have read about the character including the 300 mph thing. Its something how they took it out in this one where the bio is also more comprehensive than any previous bio written. For instance, we finally see them state that she can control the solar winds. She channelled all of that steller energy in 165 (this just came up over the last 2 years in the Handbooks).

The fact is, you are trying to tie Storm's winds down to a 300 mph limit so you can disregard her higher power stunts. This covers you in future debates because rather than having to combat a character withstanding the tremendous amounts of forces Ororo has generated with her winds, you would try and just prove they can withstand forces greater than 300 mph winds. Its not going to work. Sorry.

Your reaching, in Shicsm there is no sense of time or distance. You are making figures up.
Emma being in her Astral Form does not mean the whole event took place in the matter of a thought. She wasn't trying to shut his mind down, she was trying to find the truth that Bogan managed to hide so well.

How do you know a wind of 300mph focused on a skyskraper couldn't hold/lift it up? Again you're making figures up...and making huge assumptions to support your this crazy idea. The handbook clearly says:

You're only assuming that 1000mph winds can occur naturally on Earth.
When it comes to debates you assume too much exaggerating Storms high level feats.

I already proved that Magneto broke his own shields by sticking his hand through the bubble. That is when Storm attacked.

Tell me about it. I have never seen such desperate tactics from anybody. I remember in the Storm vs. Hulk thread where he tried so hard to prove that Storm could not control the cosmic winds despite she had done it in canon. He pulled up the Classic X-Men issue complimenting issue of Uncanny 99 where the instance was rewritten by the writer and totally wanted to ignore the classic equal to Uncanny 164 where it was written back into the character. Then I beat him over the head big time with this issue of the Official Handbook that just came out that gave her the power again. Then he tried to debate that because Storm had the ability to evolve into a real goddess did not mean that she could wield unlimited power. He then tried to argue that her ability to transcend humanity was a statement not only for her, but for other mutants as well and then totally wanted to ignore the fact that her powers are limited only by the force of her will and strength of her body. In other words, if she transcends humanity (which in Storm's case, it was stated that she would become a true goddess), it would nullify that weakness. As Roguestorm, we saw her beginning to evolve and her powers were stated to be near-infinite. The issue also stated that she finally knew how Jean Grey felt as Phoenix to be tempted by ultimate power as Storm was as well tempted by ultimate power. However, she turned it down unlike Dark Phoenix (who's powers were near infinite at the time of her demise) who died before she could actually reach it.

Now he is trying again to come up with the most LUDICROUS comments imaginable to try and limit the force of Ororo's winds which would ignore a great deal of her power showings. For instance, Magneto, while stunned, was VERY easily able to withstand the combined powers of Cyclops, Wolverine and Colossus, yet Storm's winds taxed his powers greatly. I mean, the list just goes on and on.

I gave you the first bit because I'm not above admitting I was wrong I don't have my head in the clouds like you...the topic then changed to the credibility of that particular Gale feat in Classic X-Men the fact that they changed retcons the old issue.
However as for the rest you haven't shown anything other then speculate. Then I got bored and decided it was a waste of time debating with a fanboy. So by all means continue with the snarky comments it doesn't do anything for your case or Storm for that matter...

So far you have named 3 high showings for Storms winds.

- Skyscraper
- Schism
- Magnetos Shield.

In the first and second there is no sense of time, distance or wind speed so anything else would just be speculation.

The third did not happen.

I think I'll add this here just for the sake of adding it.

Storm attacks Magneto with her Lightning.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7471/mags9aw.jpg

Magneto sticks his hand out of his shield to absorb Storms lighting and in doing so HE BREAKS HIS OWN shield/bubble.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2016/mags22sh.jpg

Storm then attacks Magneto whose shield is already "Broken"/Dissolved because he let his hand through it, with her winds.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4839/mags34th.jpg
Therefore she did not break his shield. Magneto broke/dissolved his own shield.

Please bring up another feat...that clearly shows her flight speed.
I'm open to changing my mind...you just have to prove your point without making up figures.

An example of a flight speed feat is this:

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01808xy8.jpg

complexbrother
Jenny would kill storm with the electricity within storm's own brain .

ExodusCloak
One more thing:

Using Google Map...A straight line from New Orleans to New York is approximetely 1666.666 km in distance.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5673/untitledwt1.th.jpg

If Storm travels at a maximum speed of 300mph which is equal to 482.8032 km/hr

3.45hrs to reach her destination. This is a pretty reasonable figure for story purposes.

Also note that Storm leaves to make her journey before Emma even starts probing Jeffrey. And before Sage and Bishop reach the Security panel. Therefore it's still well within reason for Sage and Bishop to take 3.45hrs to carry out their mission. Because they still have to deal with the mansion security etc...

And seeing how we don't know the exact location of the New Orleans base or the Xavier Mansion it's hard to get an accurate figure. Therefore anything else is just speculation.

I've just been informed that you're referring to the CoC V2 #2....umm how is that a skyscraper? During their fight they damaged half the building. And when Storm lifted it up it barely looked like a house let a lone a skyscraper.

ExodusCloak
Now that I realize you were talking about CoC V2 #2...

How is she lifting it? She braced it after he burnt away a few beams and even then then she only braced a part of it. Where does it show her lifting it? In the second last scan there's still a huge chunk of foundation attached to the top part. It by no means shows her lifting it. So in fact she only braced/supported the part of the building. Which hardly counts as a skysrcaper by the way. She didn't lift it, she braced it...and then let go of it....the building crumbled...and she blew the debris on top of the Human Torch.

Notice there's no actual mention of her wind speed.

Here are the scans to allow people to decide for themselves.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3293/stormvshumantorch8yw.th.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8993/stormvshumantorch27un.th.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/1663/stormvshumantorch33mk.th.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3481/stormvshumantorch45fm.th.jpg

xmarksthespot
One more thing:

Using Google Map...A straight line from New Orleans to New York is approximetely 1666.666 km in distance.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5673/untitledwt1.th.jpg

If Storm travels at a maximum speed of 300mph which is equal to 482.8032 km/hr

3.45hrs to reach her destination. This is a pretty reasonable figure for story purposes.

Also note that Storm leaves to make her journey before Emma even starts probing Jeffrey. And before Sage and Bishop reach the Security panel. Therefore it's still well within reason for Sage and Bishop to take 3.45hrs to carry out their mission. Because they still have to deal with the mansion security etc...

And seeing how we don't know the exact location of the New Orleans base or the Xavier Mansion it's hard to get an accurate figure. Therefore anything else is just speculation. It's more likely that Chris Claremont in senility and/or laziness neglected how long it would take Storm to travel the distance.

There is no way to tell the time span. A 3 and a 1/2 hour time fits fine with the story.

If someone is going to try and say she did it in a shorter time then please indicate how short?
A minute? Which would require a flight speed of Mach 81.6?
5 minutes? Mach 16.3?
10 minutes? Mach 8.2?
30 minutes? Mach 2.7?
Even an hour requires Mach 1.4.

Storm in all her numerous appearances flying has never broken the sound barrier i.e. Mach 1 on panel in flight. Ever. That I can recall. Unless and until someone can post on panel her breaking the sound barrier in flight - something like this for instance:
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1316/wonderwomanv2221page17ov3.th.jpg
She can't break the sound barrier. Therefore either she took at least 1.5-3 hours or so to fly there or that's just a single outlying and unquantifiable SvFL event.

During the House of M Uncanny tie-ins Claremont had Rachel whine about how she had no alternate reality counterparts; then in the same issue or thereabouts had an alternate reality reverse-gender X-Men team that had a Rachel counterpart. Bad and lazy writing is nothing new to Claremont these days.

ExodusCloak
It's more likely that Chris Claremont in senility and/or laziness neglected how long it would take Storm to travel the distance.

There is no way to tell the time span. A 3 and a 1/2 hour time fits fine with the story.

If someone is going to try and say she did it in a shorter time then please indicate how short?
A minute? Which would require a flight speed of Mach 81.6?
5 minutes? Mach 16.3?
10 minutes? Mach 8.2?
30 minutes? Mach 2.7?
Even an hour requires Mach 1.4.

Storm in all her numerous appearances flying has never broken the sound barrier i.e. Mach 1 on panel in flight. Ever. That I can recall. Unless and until someone can post on panel her breaking the sound barrier in flight - something like this for instance:
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1316/wonderwomanv2221page17ov3.th.jpg
She can't break the sound barrier. Therefore either she took at least 1.5-3 hours or so to fly there or that's just a single outlying and unquantifiable SvFL event.

During the House of M Uncanny tie-ins Claremont had Rachel whine about how she had no alternate reality counterparts; then in the same issue or thereabouts had an alternate reality reverse-gender X-Men team that had a Rachel counterpart. Bad and lazy writing is nothing new to Claremont these days.

Exactly...

I can recall two instances of the top off my head where they label the strength of her winds.

150 Knots = Approx. 173mph During the Roguestorm incident.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2116/uxm147page06wg2.th.jpg

And here during the Proteus incident. 100mph winds.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7876/uncannyxmen12616vu5.th.jpghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8895/uncannyxmen12617xh7.th.jpghttp://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1544/uncannyxmen12701ow5.th.jpghttp://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7780/uncannyxmen12702ac5.th.jpg

Here we can't be sure whether or not she actually does what she says but we have a sense of distance anyway. She says she can travel 90 miles in "minutes" and idiom. But if she travels 300mph(She was desperate to get to her destination really quickly it was a matter of life and death) then if my calculations are correct she'll reach their in approx. 18 minutes. Which is in fact minutes. Anyway she said it....but even here we're not sure whether or not she pulled off what she said.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5365/uxm145pg05ni3.th.jpghttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1181/uxm145pg06ak9.th.jpg

And here's the Handbook 2004 where it states that Storm is limited to 300mph winds. I'll leave it up to the reader to decide whether or not the New Handbook contradicts this statement. The new handbook is on the previous page of this thread.
Here's the 2004 Handbook.
http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page036hh5.jpg

2damnloud
Your reaching, in Shicsm there is no sense of time or distance. You are making figures up.
Emma being in her Astral Form does not mean the whole event took place in the matter of a thought. She wasn't trying to shut his mind down, she was trying to find the truth that Bogan managed to hide so well.

How do you know a wind of 300mph focused on a skyskraper couldn't hold/lift it up? Again you're making figures up...and making huge assumptions to support your this crazy idea. The handbook clearly says:

You're only assuming that 1000mph winds can occur naturally on Earth.
When it comes to debates you assume too much exaggerating Storms high level feats.

I already proved that Magneto broke his own shields by sticking his hand through the bubble. That is when Storm attacked.

I gave you the first bit because I'm not above admitting I was wrong I don't have my head in the clouds like you...the topic then changed to the credibility of that particular Gale feat in Classic X-Men the fact that they changed retcons the old issue.
However as for the rest you haven't shown anything other then speculate. Then I got bored and decided it was a waste of time debating with a fanboy. So by all means continue with the snarky comments it doesn't do anything for your case or Storm for that matter...

So far you have named 3 high showings for Storms winds.

- Skyscraper
- Schism
- Magnetos Shield.

In the first and second there is no sense of time, distance or wind speed so anything else would just be speculation.

The third did not happen.

I think I'll add this here just for the sake of adding it.

Storm attacks Magneto with her Lightning.
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7471/mags9aw.jpg

Magneto sticks his hand out of his shield to absorb Storms lighting and in doing so HE BREAKS HIS OWN shield/bubble.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2016/mags22sh.jpg

Storm then attacks Magneto whose shield is already "Broken"/Dissolved because he let his hand through it, with her winds.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4839/mags34th.jpg
Therefore she did not break his shield. Magneto broke/dissolved his own shield.

Please bring up another feat...that clearly shows her flight speed.
I'm open to changing my mind...you just have to prove your point without making up figures.

An example of a flight speed feat is this:

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01808xy8.jpg

We now have to assume he took his sheild down COMPLETELY, and not just allowed a small opening in/by the second Panel. He just stuck his hand through. Even in that, she STILL broke his sheild COMPLETELY. I can see if he let his sheild down COMPLETELY to make allowancs for te absorbtion of electromagnetic energy ala Storm's lightning, but he only made allowances through a arm-sized opening.smart

You ASSUME that just because his sheild is down in TOTALITY in the next panel, he ALLOWED it to happen. You jump to conclusions as well. eek!

His sheild is not down in totality in one panel, only a small opening. Yet, in the following panel, his sheild is COMPLETLY down in ADDITON to Storm's vortex engrossing him.

Now children, what does that tell us???? confused

The scan STILL is a testament Storm's speed since she had the tornado around him BEFORE he could re-erect his sheildeek!

Even with all that, he STILL said "my magnetic powers are anchoring me...."

smart

2damnloud
I can't believe you all are debating the speed thing.

If it was well over 3 hrs, why would the writer use the termonology "MINUTES"????!?!?! laughing

It was at least in the time frame of 1- 59 mins(less than an hour)otherwise it would have been stated "in an HOUR"

It said MINUTES to show a VERY short timeframe(not OVER 3 hrs, but more than likely under an HOUR). Otherwise, it would have sated 'x'amount of HOURS

laughing @ the DESPERATION.

xmarksthespot
I can't believe you all are debating the speed thing.

If it was well over 3 hrs, why would the writer use the termonology "MINUTES"????!?!?! laughing

It was at least in the time frame of 1- 59 mins(less than an hour)otherwise it would have been stated "in an HOUR"

It said MINUTES to show a VERY short timeframe(not OVER 3 hrs, but more than likely under an HOUR). Otherwise, it would have sated 'x'amount of HOURS

laughing @ the DESPERATION. The terminology "minutes" was never stated anywhere. It never states any time frame whatsoever in X-treme X-Men #22. You fail. Get back on the short bus.

2damnloud
Desperate

2damnloud
That IS a Building that weighs TONS. She supported it with EASE.

Prove that 300 mph winds can do THAT since it was STATED.

xmarksthespot
Desperate My you're a witty one today. You obviously brought your A-game.

manorastroman
where do these people come frome? how come nobody reps, say, cyclops in this idiotic manner?

ExodusCloak
We now have to assume he took his sheild down COMPLETELY, and not just allowed a small opening in/by the second Panel. He just stuck his hand through. Even in that, she STILL broke his sheild COMPLETELY. I can see if he let his sheild down COMPLETELY to make allowancs for te absorbtion of electromagnetic energy ala Storm's lightning, but he only made allowances through a arm-sized opening.smart

You ASSUME that just because his sheild is down in TOTALITY in the next panel, he ALLOWED it to happen. You jump to conclusions as well. eek!

His sheild is not down in totality in one panel, only a small opening. Yet, in the following panel, his sheild is COMPLETLY down in ADDITON to Storm's vortex engrossing him.

The scan STILL is a testament Storm's speed since she had the tornado around him BEFORE he could re-erect his sheildeek!

Even with all that, he STILL said "my magnetic powers are anchoring me...."

smart

Eh she attacks him with her tornado while he's absorbing her lightning...there's a hole in his shield...hence he is now open to attack. What's so hard to understand?
I never said it was down in totality the fact that there's a hole in his shield means she didn't break it. She saw an opportunity and took it. The hole in the shield is what made him vunerable to attack. It was her window of opportunity.
Magneto has on ocassion turned Storms lightning against her by setting up an interference field, I don't think speed is that much of problem since he managed to attack her before her lightning could even connect.

Fact remains she didn't break his shield. He broke it himself.

BTW Do you know anything about Storm? You realize that she's an Atmokinetic right? The fact that there was a hole in Magnetos shield means Storm would have been able to manipulate the atmosphere inside his shield. Hence the window of opportunity. She has never shown otherwise when he has had his shield up in perfect condition.

The terminology "minutes" was never stated anywhere. It never states any time frame whatsoever in X-treme X-Men #22. You fail. Get back on the short bus.

Cosigned

Anyway I said what I have to say....now it's up to the KMC people to look at both sides and make a decision for themselves...

grey fox
Originally posted by manorastroman
where do these people come frome? how come nobody reps, say, cyclops in this idiotic manner?

Because Cyclops doesn't have boobs. Duh !

Swanky-Tuna
It looks like his shield continued to dissipate after he stuck his hand through it. As if the comic panels were supposed to represent single instances in a moving scene.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It looks like his shield continued to dissipate after he stuck his hand through it. As if the comic panels were supposed to represent single instances in a moving scene.

Not so. Magneto allowed a small opening for his hand to get through. When the lightning was not working, Storm TOLD Magneto she was going to use a different power from the lightning before she did her tornado. Stop reaching.

To the others:

Also, trying to say from the point Ororo left New Orleans to the point where Emma was ejected from the mansion was hours is crazy. Most of the story with Emma was in her astral form which means those things were being done at the speed of thought. This is really silly.

Anyway, your argument does not hold water considering she lifted the skyscraper, redirected Sienna Blaze and smashed Magneto's force-field. I notice how in your posts of the Storm/Magneto fight you INTENTIONALLY left out the next panel where Magneto states that her winds are placing a great strain on his magnetic powers. That comment as well weakens your argument.

Swanky-Tuna
Not so. Magneto allowed a small opening for his hand to get through. When the lightning was not working, Storm TOLD Magneto she was going to use a different power from the lightning before she did her tornado. Stop reaching.
All I'm saying is it looks like he's sucking his shield in. If he can move friggen asteroids through space I don't see why a tornado on any level would do jack to his shields. Magneto must of been having a really off day.

Rutog98
All I'm saying is it looks like he's sucking his shield in. If he can move friggen asteroids through space I don't see why a tornado on any level would do jack to his shields. Magneto must of been having a really off day.

Space has no gravity. If he can move his base here on Earth, it would be much easier to pull that in space as there is zero gravity.

Storm's winds can beat Magneto as she redirected Sienna Blaze. I would also argue her winds being able to level a mountain, but since Magneto can do that as well, he can probably deflect that (with a struggle).

Sienna's blasts>>>Magneto

Swanky-Tuna
Space has no gravity. If he can move his base here on Earth, it would be much easier to pull that in space as there is zero gravity.
Yeah, it's easier but it's still a daunting task. One I would put above a silly tornado, depending on who's drawing the asteroid that day.

I can't comment on this Siena person as I don't really know what she can do. Judging from the wiki, she looks like she might be more powerful than Magneto in a few respects but at the cost of not controlling pretty much anything as Magneto usually does.

manorastroman
combined avengers assault (featuring thor) >>>>>>sienna blaze.

but let's not talk about how unbelievably easily magneto would whoop storm's ass. let's talk about how easily jenny sparks would.

2damnloud
^Explain

Beta Ray Howard
^Explain

Okay.

http://www.kenkellyart.com/commissions/Untitled_1/IMAG003.JPG

+

http://home.att.net/~raidcon/avengers.jpg

is >

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/Siena_Blaze.jpg

Simple enough math?

2damnloud
OKAY

If you ask me, from what I read about Siena combined with the fact that Storm's wind pressure per square inch and suction from her vortex had Mags gasping for air......

Siena Blaze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magneto.

eek!

Beta Ray Howard
OKAY

If you ask me, from what I read about Siena

Siena Blaze>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Magneto.

eek!

You need to read more about Magneto. Sienna isn't that powerful.

and nobody would ask you, considering your major Storm bias. Was it you or Weather God who said Storm could take Thor?

2damnloud
It said on Wiki that her powers "inadvertently" can destroy the earth(ecosystem) just by USING them.

Storm taps into the elctromagnetic, the electrical, the Ionosphere, tempereature etc to effect weather. Her powers/control over said forces can be isolated and thus she has a WIDE range of things she can do/has done.

Mags only controls the electromagnetic spectrum.

The right amount of heat can DESTROY magnetism(Curie Point).

Weather control takes alot control over ALOT of POWERFUL forces in CONCERT.

Mags only has control over one.

Both Bloodlusted, I think Storm would win. She would just tap into ALL of these resources, irreguarles of anything and bend them to her will, electromagnetic and all.

Given all the elements involved, storms powers can be expanded almost limitlessly.

Mags only has ONE at his disposal.

inamilist
ok

so I am not giving the Storm fanboys any more scientific jargon to throw around...

Swanky-Tuna
It said on Wiki that her powers "inadvertently" can destroy the earth(ecosystem) just by USING them.
It would be far more impressive if she was doing this without using her powers. Technically, wouldn't Iceman and Human Torch do the same on some level? Bringing crap to subzero temperatures or emitting the heat of a small sun can't be doing any good.

And pretty much everything else. I mean, he can't manipulate time or anything but if it's an energy or you can feel it in any way chances are Magneto has done something to it from his powers leaking into almost every other universal force.

Swanky-Tuna
Whoops, accidentally quoted.

2damnloud

And pretty much everything else. I mean, he can't manipulate time or anything but if it's an energy or you can feel it in any way chances are Magneto has done something to it from his powers leaking into almost every other universal force.

And the same can't be said about Storm, "Mistress of the Elements"??

Symmetric Chaos

Note that you are using Wiki as your source. Anything that looks like conjecture on Wiki probably is.

Swanky-Tuna
And the same can't be said about Storm, "Mistress of the Elements"??
With creative writing, yeah. But her thing seems to be manipulating lesser amounts of energy to create much more powerful effects via the weather. It just seems kind of awkward. Regardless of which of her hundreds of nicknames are brought up.

Magneto on the other hand... the writers see the word "bond" or "elec" or "mag" in an article and Magneto has power over it. As I've said before, Magneto has bastardized science based powers. The sky's the limit!

RisingStorm

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5365/uxm145pg05ni3.th.jpghttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1181/uxm145pg06ak9.th.jpg

And here's the Handbook 2004 where it states that Storm is limited to 300mph winds. I'll leave it up to the reader to decide whether or not the New Handbook contradicts this statement. The new handbook is on the previous page of this thread.

Thanks, Exodus.wink
Indeed it's been said that her max winds are 300mph. It is official. But I read somewhere that her max winds have been changed in the most recent official handbook because if I base it on her fight against Clor (spoilers) she created winds faster than 300mph.wink

But not really sure the exact speed that has been updated, nor I'm sure it's really true. If anyone have the most recent issue, feel free to correct me.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by RisingStorm
Thanks, Exodus.wink
Indeed it's been said that her max winds are 300mph. It is official. But I read somewhere that her max winds have been changed in the most recent official handbook because if I base it on her fight against Clor (spoilers) she created winds faster than 300mph.wink

But not really sure the exact speed that has been updated, nor I'm sure it's really true. If anyone have the most recent issue, feel free to correct me.

I thought the issue only comes out next month? Is it out already? The most I've seen of Black Panther #25 was the 4 scan preview.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?book_id=6047
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/003180036.cfm

Here you go the most recent issue of the Handbook.

Rutog98
With creative writing, yeah. But her thing seems to be manipulating lesser amounts of energy to create much more powerful effects via the weather. It just seems kind of awkward. Regardless of which of her hundreds of nicknames are brought up.

Magneto on the other hand... the writers see the word "bond" or "elec" or "mag" in an article and Magneto has power over it. As I've said before, Magneto has bastardized science based powers. The sky's the limit!

Not so. She is able to disperse hurricanes. She has even dispelled a hemisphere-sized hurricane. Ergo, she does manipulate those enormous amounts of energies.

As far as Magneto goes, Storm's powers technically overlap his. She controls the forces that governs the weather as well as weather manifestations themselves. This includes EM fields. Considering the amount of ecosystem she has been able to alter without outside enhancements, she's much more powerful than he as he can't move that much energy on his own.

Also, in Uncanny 147, she control over ALL elemental forces which would include Magneto's powers. Not only that, but in the Brood Saga, we see that Ororo can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend them to her will. This included planets, stars and even empty space. What you are trying to assert with Mangeto, Storm has already achieved and gone beyond. Magneto has never wielded the power of millions of stars or even a single star. He would kill himself even trying to do a global EMP wave without artificial enhancements or extraordinary circumstances surrounding the condition of the EM fields.

Rutog98
Originally posted by RisingStorm
Thanks, Exodus.wink

ExodusCloak's tactics here goes against forum rules. Sure, that issue may have said 300 mph, but she has done things well beyond that.

What has been done with Ororo is they now just have her winds performing huge stunts and not giving any speed for them. EC's attempt with this 300 mph thing is to try and get around Ororo's enormous power stunts with her winds so as to keep her in a box/category where he feels that she should be. The fact that the lady can create pressure systems greater than the surface of Jupiter or pressure of sufficient force to create a barrier which she can punch her way out of a mountain/iceberg with is extremely impressive. Then she can easily create lows that can suffocate people or snuff out flames too? The fact that she has this kind of pressure control alone combined with her ability to take resources from anywhere on the globe gives her well beyond the 300 mph wind thing. You do not get pressure differences in hurricanes or tornadoes this extreme. That is going to make the winds move faster.

What Exodus Cloak is trying to do is say Storm's max winds are 300 mph. This way, he can argue that MAgneto's force-field can withstand them since he withstood a nuclear missile. However, when you have stories like Storm redirecting Sienna Blaze's full power which makes a nuke a (very minor) firecracker in comparison, his argument is lost. See the tactic he's trying to pull? Won't work.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Note that you are using Wiki as your source. Anything that looks like conjecture on Wiki probably is.

Actually, this is true. Hence, she has always kept her emotions in check and tended to be very responsible with her powers given the damage she can wreck on the ecosystem.

Swanky-Tuna
Crimany, this is way off topic. I'll push it further.

Not so. She is able to disperse hurricanes. She has even dispelled a hemisphere-sized hurricane. Ergo, she does manipulate those enormous amounts of energies.
These weather phenomenas require certain conditions to exist. A few little tweaks and the whole thing falls apart. What it sounds like you're suggesting is she's moving every individual air particle in big loops to form hurricanes or tornadoes like a telekinetic, which in turn would mean she's probably manipulating way more power than the actual weather effect generates.

This would mean Storm has risked and cost lives refusing to use a non-weather abilities because she's a show off, Storm is one of the most air headed characters ever penciled, or this explanation is nothing but wishful thinking. That's if that is what you're suggesting.

When did Storm start manipulating enough radiation and light to be consider a manipulator of the EM? I know once she made an EMP out of lightning, somehow, but I don't think she ever did that again. I know she shoots that moder-ightning out of her hands so I supposed you could technically say she manipulates EM energy.

Again, I haven't seen her manipulate any gravity or anything in the EM spectrum or split atoms or anything. Even if her powers do spread into Magneto's area of expertise it's still that, his expertise. He's far more skilled and far more powerful in this area. Although Storm can probably do things in a wider area, I doubt it's enough to trump the sheer power Magneto screws with doing pretty much anything.

Just a simple shield with enough magnetic force to make even non-metallic objects hit it as if it was a solid object just boggles the mind.

What's wrong with this one? I just grabbed it out of the Magneto respect thread whilst looking for his tanker lifting feat. Which I never found. Did the captain say how much that weighed? Does anybody know?

Anyway, are there three occasions where Storm is manipulating even half a star? Maybe she went out with a couple girlfriends and they split a star 4 ways. Any of those?

2damnloud
LMAO@"a few little tweaks"

Explain what exactly she "tweaks" to disperse a Hurricane???

laughing

Swanky-Tuna
LMAO@"a few little tweaks"

Explain what exactly she "tweaks" to disperse a Hurricane???

laughing
Puh-leeze. Hurricanes aren't perpetual motion machines. Muck up the fronts fueling it and it dies. Of course, this being fiction and a comic, double fiction, it happens way faster than it would normally.

inamilist
These weather phenomenas require certain conditions to exist. A few little tweaks and the whole thing falls apart. What it sounds like you're suggesting is she's moving every individual air particle in big loops to form hurricanes or tornadoes like a telekinetic, which in turn would mean she's probably manipulating way more power than the actual weather effect generates.

This would mean Storm has risked and cost lives refusing to use a non-weather abilities because she's a show off, Storm is one of the most air headed characters ever penciled, or this explanation is nothing but wishful thinking. That's if that is what you're suggesting.

Man, this is very well put!

2damnloud
Puh-leeze. Hurricanes aren't perpetual motion machines. Muck up the fronts fueling it and it dies. Of course, this being fiction and a comic, double fiction, it happens way faster than it would normally.

Im sure it takes a little bit more that that to disperse a Hurricane.

And to "muck up the fronts fueling them" consist of what on Storm's part.

In the answer you'll find that Storm is tapping into a GREAT deal of POWERFUL forces in concert in order to make this happen. Electromagnetic is just one.

Let me reiterate, Storm controls the weather. This means........................alotta shit.

And weather always exist in one form or another everywhere at all times, and storm can control it

inamilist

In the answer you'll find that Storm is tapping into a GREAT deal of POWERFUL forces in concert in order to make this happen. Electromagnetic is just one.

Let me reiterate, Storm controls the weather. This means........................alotta shit.

all weather is electromagnetic force

maybe a little bit of gravity....

Beta Ray Howard
Originally posted by inamilist
all weather is electromagnetic force

maybe a little bit of gravity....

That doesn't necissarily mean that she has the same control over the EMS as, say Magneto or Thor.

It sounds more or less like an assumption from 2damloud and Rutgog that she'd be able to do the same things that beings that are considerably more powerful than her could do.

tjcoady

just out of curiosity, why does the fact that Emma is in her astral form mean that everything is taking place at the speed of thought?

And just out of curiosity, what's the defense against Jenny Sparks simply shutting down Storm's brain by depriving it of electrical currents?

Swanky-Tuna
Im sure it takes a little bit more that that to disperse a Hurricane.
It seems like it'd take just that. Cancel out the storms, change the pressure, hurricane over.

This coincides with my theory that Storm has really intricate control over energy, but not really a lot of it. Well, she's got the range thing so it's just really spread out, but per square foot pretty low; if that makes sense. Thus she has to coax the weather into doing her bidding to have a greater effect. It would explain being able to play with the water currents, which work just like winds, basically running cold to warm or warm to cold, I forget which direction. And possibly the solar wind stuff.

inamilist
That doesn't necissarily mean that she has the same control over the EMS as, say Magneto or Thor.

It sounds more or less like an assumption from 2damloud and Rutgog that she'd be able to do the same things that beings that are considerably more powerful than her could do.

lol

nono, thats not what I was implying at all

It was more in comment to the "powerful forces" controlled by Storm, and "electromagnetism" being just one.

I'm simply pointing out that all the effects of weather we observe are electromagnetic. Gravity might help rain fall down versus anything else, but I cannot fathom what nuclear fores would do in the generation of lightning or in dropping barometric pressure...

Its a ridiculous jump to go from atmospheric manipulation of EM fields to magneto-esque EM manipulation, so I totally agree with that.

Rutog98
Crimany, this is way off topic. I'll push it further.

In Uncanny 151, it explains that it is more difficult for Ororo to disperse storms than to create them since when the forces come together, they are far greater than the sum of its parts. Hence, what I am saying is correct. Storm's ability to control the forces of nature are owed to her unity to the life-force of the planet. Storm is FAR more powerful than you are trying to make her out to be.

No, she has done EM pulses a number of times, actually. Also, in "Magneto War," she controlled the EM energies in Magneto's energy tower. She has also generated EM fields and controlled them.

Again, I haven't seen her manipulate any gravity or anything in the EM spectrum or split atoms or anything. Even if her powers do spread into Magneto's area of expertise it's still that, his expertise. He's far more skilled and far more powerful in this area. Although Storm can probably do things in a wider area, I doubt it's enough to trump the sheer power Magneto screws with doing pretty much anything.

You should have asked me about gravity a few years ago. Anywhoo, Magneto is shown doing more stunts with it, but technically, Storm is more powerful. There is no way he is more powerful than a character who can alter as much as the ecosystem as Ororo.

I just call it a suspension of belief for the sake of the comic.

The EM fields in that instance were tampered with by a machine Forge created. The field was warped to such an extent that Magneto could not use his powers within the atmosphere lest the EM fields backfire his power upon him and destroy him. He blasted the field while it was in this warped state and the global pulse was the reaction. Read the captions. Now, in "Magneto War," when the fields were not tampered with, MAgneto had to use a machine to augment his powers to cause a global blackout in order to blackmail the world's goverments. In other words, he cannot pull a stunt like this unless there are extenuating circumstances surrounding the conditions of the EM fields or he has a machine to boost his powers.

Storm can control the matter of stars as she has summoned the full power of millions of stars, she can and has controlled the cosmic winds which come from stars and is composed of steller energies and Uncanny 166 flat out states that she can control these forces as well.

Rutog98
It seems like it'd take just that. Cancel out the storms, change the pressure, hurricane over.

This coincides with my theory that Storm has really intricate control over energy, but not really a lot of it. Well, she's got the range thing so it's just really spread out, but per square foot pretty low; if that makes sense. Thus she has to coax the weather into doing her bidding to have a greater effect. It would explain being able to play with the water currents, which work just like winds, basically running cold to warm or warm to cold, I forget which direction. And possibly the solar wind stuff.

Uncanny 179 states that Storm has absolute control over the weather. End of story. She is "Mistress of the Elements" and Cable issue 18 or 19 states that her control over the elements cannot be matched. Give the lady her due.

juggernaut66666
Jenny FTW.

Swanky-Tuna
In Uncanny 151, it explains that it is more difficult for Ororo to disperse storms than to create them since when the forces come together, they are far greater than the sum of its parts. Hence, what I am saying is correct. Storm's ability to control the forces of nature are owed to her unity to the life-force of the planet. Storm is FAR more powerful than you are trying to make her out to be.
So she actually controls the amount of energy it would take to create a hurricane that covers half the planet? Then why does she choose to waste it making silly weather effects? Is she so full of herself that she has to create a show when she does anything? On the contrary, I think you're making her out to be way more powerful than she actually is.

In a massive area, perhaps, but it's very debatable within Magneto's range. Many of the things he does that are possible through magnetic fields require obscene amounts of energy. Sadly, I don't have any kind of numbers or formulas so my word is about as concrete as yours. Except mine's wearing a viking helmet.

I call it a tribute to the amount of power he summons. It's really not that unusual when looking at all his various other feats.

The captions say nothing about Forge, the field being warped, or any kind of reaction. So I'll have to take your word for it.

Oh well, I'm sure there are others. Or other feats that trump a global EMP.

What kind of BS one shot set up this millions of stars stuff? Question: Why is Storm letting Galactus butcher billions upon billions of people when she can easily feed him energy or create planets for him to feed on? The answer is probably because she can't and it was a one time feat.

The plasma thing is no big deal though. That stuff's in lightning and light bulbs. It's mostly electrons apparently. I don't know if you know this, but she shoots that stuff out of her hands.

Rutog98

The lady has been able to focus the full electrical power of a storm into a single bolt of lightning. And yes, she does control that much energy. As for why she is not always written at that power level, she outpowers all of the X-villains.

Here is Storm doing what I am saying with a blizzard on a continental scale: http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uxm121pg145yd.jpg

Now, she dispelled a HEMISPHERE-sized hurricane with just a gesture in Hidden Years issue 7.

If Ororo wanted to, she could drain Earth of all of its life energies as she does stars. Its a living world. She's far more powerful than the x-villains and far more powerful than you give her credit for. However, I do agree that you raise a good point: If she has all of this power, why doesn't she use it more? The answer is simple: She should be an Avenger or Fantastic Four otherwise the fights would be one-panel fights with Storm.

He's not as powerful as Storm as we know he can't alter that much of the ecosystem. Do you see how much stronger Storm is? For her to alter weather over a continent (which she has done at least twice) or a hemisphere, she is not only controlling EM fields, but even other forces like moisture, pressure gradients etc on that scale that Magneto has no control over at all. Within Magneto's range, Storm *should* be more powerful. Its not so much range that limits Magneto but the amount of power his body can handle. Hence in "Magneto War," when that machine that was boosting his power to enable him to cause that planetary black outwas destroyed, that power was forced in Magneto's body. He nearly lost his life and was burned out of power as a result of it. Storm is doing FAR worse than a mere blackout and is controlling not only the energies Magneto uses, but other forces that she has dominion over that he does not on a massive scale simulaneously. This means that Storm can draw upon more energy than Magneto.

I call it a tribute to the amount of power he summons. It's really not that unusual when looking at all his various other feats.

Magneto is powerful. I will give him his due there, but Ororo is much moreso. He's just not in her category is all. I will go even further and state that if Storm were not on the X-Men or a Phoenix-possessed Jean Grey, Magneto could realistically have a 50/50 shot in taking down the team in open combat without any of the characters being written down or any enhanced reaction brought to bear on Magneto's part.

The caption does mention that the EM fields were skewered. It may be other pages in the issue, but Forge did create the machine.

Such as?

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandthegalaticcore15zq.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandthegalaticcore15zq.jpg

Actually, it is now in the official handbook that Storm can do this.

Here is Storm redirecting the energies in Magneto's energy tower during "Magneto War:" http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=redirectinglightning4sx.jpg

2damnloud
LMAO@ the "If she has that much power why doesn't she stop Galactus. Obviously she doesn't have that much power" fallacy laughing

Why doesn't Mags fix the ozone layer with his Powers?? If he doesn't, then he really doesn't have complete control over the EM spectrum, cuz I mean.....ya know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Has magneto even made clothes out of NOTHING by munipulating the atom in the air??? Well, I guess that measn he doesn;t have complete control over the EM spectrum then roll eyes (sarcastic)

Such BS sometimes

:smart

Rutog98

Exactly...

I can recall two instances of the top off my head where they label the strength of her winds.

150 Knots = Approx. 173mph During the Roguestorm incident.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2116/uxm147page06wg2.th.jpg

And here during the Proteus incident. 100mph winds.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7876/uncannyxmen12616vu5.th.jpghttp://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8895/uncannyxmen12617xh7.th.jpghttp://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1544/uncannyxmen12701ow5.th.jpghttp://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7780/uncannyxmen12702ac5.th.jpg

Here we can't be sure whether or not she actually does what she says but we have a sense of distance anyway. She says she can travel 90 miles in "minutes" and idiom. But if she travels 300mph(She was desperate to get to her destination really quickly it was a matter of life and death) then if my calculations are correct she'll reach their in approx. 18 minutes. Which is in fact minutes. Anyway she said it....but even here we're not sure whether or not she pulled off what she said.

This is all really silly. LOL! Thanks, I needed the laugh. So what you have are some issues that state her strongest winds are 100 mph. Fine, I have another issue where she can barely stand owing to Sauron draining her powers and she hits him with 200 mph winds which were obviously not her best. Then you have issues where she flies 300 mph.

Can you not see what is going on? When she is pulling massive stunts like lifting a skyscraper (and no, she was not bracing it as she was FLYING in the air while those same winds were holding the skyscraper above her. Those winds were the only thing holding the building up as Torch destroyed the foundation of the ENTIRE buidling. Furthermore, the issue states that her winds can level mountains...nice try, but give the lady her due!), smashing Magneto's force-field, redirecting the full power of Sienna Blaze, flying from the Outback to the Savage Land in Antarctica in no time flat, flying from New Orleans to Ney York in a matter of minutes etc, there is not given an mph for the speed she flies or the winds she is generating. What Marvel is doing is merely giving Storm's winds whatever strength it needs to have in order to pull these stunts. Its no different from a telekinetic lifting a heavy object or Magneto lifting a heavy metallic object.

I don't care how many issues you pull out stating what Storm's strongest winds are as the number are even contradicting themselves. The fact is on this board, we go by feats. In other words, if Storm's strongest winds are stated to be in one issue 75 miles per hour, but in another issue, we see her lifting a skyscraper, the 75 thing beings null and void. In all of Storm's handbook entries in the past, they have said 300 mph, however, they purposely took it out here as when you review what she has done, 300 mph is very silly to put at her max. Namor flies 60 mph according to the official handbook, yet he is given credit for much faster than that on these boards because of feats he has accomplished in canon. Same goes for his strength level. Handbook said 85 tons, yet he displayed class 100 strength stunts. Therefore, on these boards, we give him class 100 strength. Same holds true for Storm.

BTW, in that Rougestorm issue, it was not stated that those her the strongest winds she could generate. She stopped herself way before she reached the height of her power as she had ultimate, infinite power in her grasp. Stop getting desperate.

Rutog98

Thing is she should be MORE powerful than Magneto. Whether Marvel realizes it or not, given the power levels Storm has displayed, she's much stronger than he is. This is why I laugh so hard when you have a Magneto arc and there is Storm sitting on the lineup. I roll my eyes and know that the threat Magneto is going to pose in battle won't be credible. You'll never see Storm written at levels like she was in Hidden Years issue 7 or Uncanny 121 or when she fought Torch, etc in a Magneto arc. Well, in Uncanny 150, she did smash his force-field, so she got some of her due there. He only managed to win because she held and tried to talk him into surrender. Oh yeah, and it was forgotten in that issue that she is supposed to be immune to electricity and she can feel lightning strikes before they happen and she can feel manipulations in the EM fields.

ashroro
So Rutdog98, with all this power do you think Storm could take the Galactus, let alone Silver Sufer?

Swanky-Tuna
However, I do agree that you raise a good point: If she has all of this power, why doesn't she use it more? The answer is simple: She should be an Avenger or Fantastic Four otherwise the fights would be one-panel fights with Storm.
It kind of shows the threat level of Magneto on account of he is an Avengers and Fantastic Four villain.

I'm not talking about Magneto controlling the weather. I'm talking about the power involved in the other absurd things like lifting 50 thousand ton submarines and screwing with atoms.

Did Magneto have a really mediocre run in Magneto Wars? Either you or 2cloud, or both, love basing things off single showings and it would explain why you keep referencing a single arc in his 40+ span.

Magneto's powers are simply so fast and deadly that I'd give him almost all the win points with Storm on the team. We're talking meteors and volcanoes and stuff. I agree that Phoenix would be too much though.

I see that. I see that the Earth's magnetic field is skewed in such a way that it would backfire on Magneto, but I don't see anything about it causing a reaction that causes an EMP.

You claimed she controlled the full power of each and every one of these stars. Clearly, at best, she's getting Superman-esque boost from the sun's rays. This example shows perfectly what I mean about Storm's power being at a medium level, but exceedingly intricate. Somewhat like Iceman manipulates the "cold", and by extension the heat, but far more skilled and far less extreme.

LMAO@ the "If she has that much power why doesn't she stop Galactus. Obviously she doesn't have that much power" fallacy laughing

Why doesn't Mags fix the ozone layer with his Powers?? If he doesn't, then he really doesn't have complete control over the EM spectrum, cuz I mean.....ya know roll eyes (sarcastic)
You think Magneto cares about the ozone? He'll construct a machine that emits a global forcefield in his sleep if he needs to. Thing is, Galactus flies around exterminating entire races. He doesn't do it to be malicious, he just needs to survive. If Storm can "easily" manipulate millions of suns she can spare billions of lives by providing Galactus with the energy he needs to live. No, Storm does not care. She needs to dazzle an obese man and a guy that jumps around like a frog.

No, but he made a comb. That gets funny points from me for being such an abuse of awesome powers. I don't know if he's done it more than once though so I wouldn't hump it as hard as you are the clothes thing. I'm not a huge fan of one shot moves. Hence why I don't bring up the wormhole thing.

manorastroman
this is getting a little out of hand.

jenny sparks 10/10

magneto 11/10.

(honestly, how many magneto appearances have these people read?)

Swanky-Tuna
It is, and I vote pretty much the same except minus 1 on Magneto. I don't play that game.

I don't think Storm can resist her brain being fried while her brain is being fried.

2damnloud
No she's not. Storm channels and controls more powerful forces through her body CONSTANTLY than Jenny Sparks. One thrunderstorm has the power of severval Hydrogen Bombs. Storm Plays Hop-scotch in them. I'm sure her body can compensate for any energies Jenny can squeak out.

Jenny aint fryin shit.

laughing @ "frying" anything on a woman who's body acts as a battery/condutor for the palnets most powerful electrical and electromagnetic diplays.

And again I laughing

juggernaut66666
One thrunderstorm has the power of severval Hydrogen Bombs.
What the f**k? laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

2damnloud
Oh, my bad.

It was like 13 Nagasaki-style Atomic Bombs.

Storm still does the Dutty Wine all up and through that type of elementHappy Dance. She probably could make it STRONGER if she wanted to.

It can be written that Jenny can't "fry her" for the fact above or Mags can't do anything to her for the fact above.

All it takes is creative writing. The above instances are perfectly palausible given Ororo's power-set, probably more plausible than him grabing her hemoglobineek! *snickers*

Jenny's STILL not fryin a goddamn thinglaughing

juggernaut66666
Oh, my bad.

It was like 13 Nagasaki-style Atomic Bombs.

From where did you get all that BULLSHIT????

Swanky-Tuna
This is stupid. After that "full power of millions of stars" line, I'm convinced these two either believe Storm's average/low level is her highest showings that have been twisted and skewed to their liking or they're joke accounts. Their sign-up dates are only 5 days apart, which really isn't that great of evidence, but it's mildly fishy.

juggernaut66666
BTW shouldn't a force equal to 13 Nagasaki atomic bombs destroy the Earth?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
If it's localized in a small area I imagine it'd tear some Earth up. If it's spread out over thousands of miles like storms like to do, it might not do much at all except rinse down your car down the day after you washed it.

2damnloud
"............. the typical amount of energy expended in a single tornado funnel is equivalent to about fifty kilotons of explosives; a single thunderstorm tower exchanges about ten times this much energy during its lifetime; an Atlantic hurricane of moderate size may draw from the sea more than 1,000 megatons of energy................"

2damnloud
laughing at a Thunderstorm bieng "spread over "thousands of miles"

I'm in STITCHESlaughing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Not even close. Bombs with many times that force have been detonated.

Swanky-Tuna
See. Five hundred megatons of energy. Over thousands of miles. And I don't know how many hours. It sounds like a lot but it's really diluted. If it was within the space of a phrisbee and expended in a tenth of a second you'd probably see time and space rip apart.

2damnloud
It doens't expend that much energy on the ground, only a fraction.

It also doesn't expend that much engery at once.

Storm can be in the upper amosphere, in the Super-cell where the explosive energy is paramount, and be chillin like a villain rock

Or she can be in the most violent Hurricanes in the Super-cells and not be affected at all.................

Or, she can just become one with it ALL.

Is the same true for Jenny Sparks or Mags??(real question)

Storm's body acts as a conduit or battery for HUGE amounts of Electrical and Electromagnetic energies much the way the Super-Cells do.

manorastroman
what does it matter that she can sit in the middle of a storm cell? that's her domain.

she would still get fried by a flamethrower, which for those of you keeping track is much, much less than five hundred megatons of energy.

Swanky-Tuna
It doens't expend that much energy on the ground, only a fraction.

It also doesn't expend that much engery at once.

Storm can be in the upper amosphere, in the Super-cell where the explosive energy is paramount, and be chillin like a villain rock

Or she can be in the most violent Hurricanes in the Super-cells and not be affected at all.................

Or, she can just become one with it ALL.

Is the same true for Jenny Sparks or Mags??(real question)

Storm's body acts as a conduit or battery for HUGE amounts of Electrical and Electromagnetic energies much the way the Super-Cells do.
Oh hush you rascal. If I drug blanket around all day I could easily say I put out as much power as a stick of dynamite in a blanket dragging session so long as it was a really big blanket and I drug it around long enough.

And Magneto and Jenny could easily sit around in a storm all day if they wanted to. They probably wouldn't do much of a job controlling it though, specifically because it's not their expertise. And they'd get bored.

Originally posted by manorastroman
what does it matter that she can sit in the middle of a storm cell? that's her domain.

she would still get fried by a flamethrower, which for those of you keeping track is much, much less than five hundred megatons of energy.
How many megatons is it then?

inamilist
2damnloud:

are you saying that when storm controls weather, she is actually manipulating the individual atoms and molecules to cause them to make certain atmospheric effects. Like, she mixes individual air atoms to form water particles that she also controls? more? less?

2damnloud
Yes and no.

She munipulates the Magnetosphere, Electrical, Ionosphere, Temperature, pressure etc. The weather effecs follow.

Water vaper is almost everpresent in the air. She can make rain by munipulating that. Humidity and temperature also come into play.

These forces have to be "mixed" intricately or they won't work. thus, Jenny and Mags cannot munipulate weather.

Rutog98
This is stupid. After that "full power of millions of stars" line, I'm convinced these two either believe Storm's average/low level is her highest showings that have been twisted and skewed to their liking or they're joke accounts. Their sign-up dates are only 5 days apart, which really isn't that great of evidence, but it's mildly fishy.

The issue stated that she summoned the full power of the core. Furthermore, the official handbooks states in that instance that she chanelled all of the steller energies.

2DL and I are two different people we just both realize the truth. big grin

Rutog98
"............. the typical amount of energy expended in a single tornado funnel is equivalent to about fifty kilotons of explosives; a single thunderstorm tower exchanges about ten times this much energy during its lifetime; an Atlantic hurricane of moderate size may draw from the sea more than 1,000 megatons of energy................"

Imagine how much energy Storm was moving when she ended that hurricane that blanketed half the planet! It boggles the mind. wink

Beta Ray Howard
Yes and no.

She munipulates the Magnetosphere, Electrical, Ionosphere, Temperature, pressure etc. The weather effecs follow.

Water vaper is almost everpresent in the air. She can make rain by munipulating that. Humidity and temperature also come into play.

These forces have to be "mixed" intricately or they won't work. thus, Jenny and Mags cannot munipulate weather.

But she doesn't have the control over them that anyone along the lines of Thor or Magneto due.

Thus, she dies via Jenny Sparks frying her human body with human durability.

Her "full force storm" couldn't even keep Hulk down. What's it going to do to someone who can move through the EMS and fry her before she even knows what's happening?

and a storm does not have the force of a Nagasaki bomb, let alone 13 of them.

inamilist
Yes and no.

so, when it rains, is storm releasing the droplets from the clouds, or is she just creating the atmospheric conditions for rain?

I don't think mags could "control" weather like Storm could, I doubt that is the debate though. See below, because it is relevant.

Imagine how much energy Storm was moving when she ended that hurricane that blanketed half the planet! It boggles the mind. wink

Yes, while the power Storm showed there was incredible, it is in a much more subtle way than you are expressing.

To look at a weather pattern in terms of force, is really missing the point. While there are devastating effects, it is all based on incredibly subtle variations in specific atmospheric phenomena.

You are suggesting that she is responsible for every drop of rain that a storm produces, or in the case of the above mentioned hurricane, that she literally stopped all of the rain and weather in its tracks through an act of force.

I don't necessarily think that is Storm's character. It makes more sense that she subtly changed certain atmospheric conditions (as 2damnloud listed in his post i quoted above) that resulted in the changing of large scale weather patterns. You have heard of the idea of a butterfly flapping its wings in china, its bunk, but it works allegorically. Very small and subtle changes in atmospheric conditions can have huge results, especially when measured over time (as the measures of power you posted before are).

2damnloud
But she doesn't have the control over them that anyone along the lines of Thor or Magneto due.

Thus, she dies via Jenny Sparks frying her human body with human durability.

Her "full force storm" couldn't even keep Hulk down. What's it going to do to someone who can move through the EMS and fry her before she even knows what's happening?

and a storm does not have the force of a Nagasaki bomb, let alone 13 of them.

My point was that Jenny isn't shit compared to what Storm's body can compensate for hence her being in the midst of a bubbling Super-Cell and not being affected.

Thunderstorms are conduits for Earths electrical/electromagnetic energy. The energies Jenny uses would not/should not be foriegn to Storm, depends on the writer, like when Mags used her lightning against her.

Rutog98
so, when it rains, is storm releasing the droplets from the clouds, or is she just creating the atmospheric conditions for rain?

I don't think mags could "control" weather like Storm could, I doubt that is the debate though. See below, because it is relevant.

Yes, while the power Storm showed there was incredible, it is in a much more subtle way than you are expressing.

To look at a weather pattern in terms of force, is really missing the point. While there are devastating effects, it is all based on incredibly subtle variations in specific atmospheric phenomena.

You are suggesting that she is responsible for every drop of rain that a storm produces, or in the case of the above mentioned hurricane, that she literally stopped all of the rain and weather in its tracks through an act of force.

I don't necessarily think that is Storm's character. It makes more sense that she subtly changed certain atmospheric conditions (as 2damnloud listed in his post i quoted above) that resulted in the changing of large scale weather patterns. You have heard of the idea of a butterfly flapping its wings in china, its bunk, but it works allegorically. Very small and subtle changes in atmospheric conditions can have huge results, especially when measured over time (as the measures of power you posted before are).

What I am asserting for sure is Storm can and does manipulate all of the energies that drive a storm. Uncanny 121 shows this very well as well as Uncanny 151. This is a woman who has focused the full electrical power of a storm cell into a single bolt of lightning. Just look at the kinds of bolts she can toss then. Look at what 2damnloud posted on the power of a mere thunderstorm. It scares me to think of what Ororo can do.

Storm is a much more powerful mutant than Magneto.

Beta Ray Howard
My point was that Jenny isn't shit compared to what Storm's body can compensate for hence her being in the midst of a bubbling Super-Cell and not being affected.

A what? Do you make this stuff up as you go?

Either way, when a person has complete control over the EMS like Jenny Sparks does, Storm can't throw up a barrier she can't get past.

Thunderstorms are conduits for Earths electrical/electromagnetic energy. The energies Jenny uses would not/should not be foriegn to Storm, depends on the writer, like when Mags used her lightning against her.

One thing you're not understanding at all is that Storm does not have the level of control and knowledge over spectrums that other comic characters know.

Magneto knows the EMS inside and out. He's an expert.

Storm is learned. It's like comparing a college student to a professor.

Same with weather control. Thor is an expert. Beta Ray Bill is an expert.

Storm is learned.

So, her ability to manipulate them may have more potential, but you need to understand that comic debates are not what the possibilities of the powerset are. That's like using the characters like Pokemon.

We debate on what has been done.

inamilist
What I am asserting for sure is Storm can and does manipulate all of the energies that drive a storm. Uncanny 121 shows this very well as well as Uncanny 151. This is a woman who has focused the full electrical power of a storm cell into a single bolt of lightning. Just look at the kinds of bolts she can toss then. Look at what 2damnloud posted on the power of a mere thunderstorm. It scares me to think of what Ororo can do.

Storm is a much more powerful mutant than Magneto.

my only real point on this is not to confuse the term "energies"

in the vernacular, it generally refers to anything. Really, when people use the term "energy" they normally just are talking about the cause of an event, or are unfortunately speaking more metaphysically.

I think you are using energy in one of these ways, and not in the direct scientific form. Sure, she controls the "energies" of a storm, but there is a massive difference between the "energies" involved that command atmospheric change (ie, manipulate the weather) and the generated molecular energy of the storm itself, and all its parts.

So, energies that drive a storm, could be construed as fundamental forces of nature, but it is likely not, simply because the fundamental forces of nature are too "fine tuned" to really deal with weather phenomena. Not to beat a dead horse, but if she was directly responsible for the molecular energy (the energy that equals an "atomic bomb"wink making the weather is not an effective use of that power. If she is as powerful as i think you are describing, she has a similar capability of Franklin Richards.

And, about her making lighting that is as powerful as a multi nuclear powered storm, all I can say is scan please.

And to rate "power" between magneto and storm is useless. What is more powerful, Einstein or Picasso? "power" isn't a quality that people can be judged by. Magneto beats storm for a variety of reasons on this forum, take it or leave it, but there is probably little room to argue this point with people.

Swanky-Tuna
Regarding Jenny and the fleet of ships; Spaceships usually entail absurd power sources involving fusion, ooorr baby universes, so you can logically assume they are equipped to deal with power surges. Big ones. You just don't build stuff like that without taking care of it. I doubt there are any kind of technical specs on them but I just wanted to point out that the feat wasn't just like frying a bunch of gameboys or washing machines.

2damnloud
my only real point on this is not to confuse the term "energies"

in the vernacular, it generally refers to anything. Really, when people use the term "energy" they normally just are talking about the cause of an event, or are unfortunately speaking more metaphysically.

I think you are using energy in one of these ways, and not in the direct scientific form. 1)Sure, she controls the "energies" of a storm, but there is a massive difference between the "energies" involved that command atmospheric change (ie, manipulate the weather) and the generated molecular energy of the storm itself, and all its parts.

2)So, energies that drive a storm, could be construed as fundamental forces of nature, but it is likely not, simply because the fundamental forces of nature are too "fine tuned" to really deal with weather phenomena. 3)Not to beat a dead horse, but if she was directly responsible for the molecular energy (the energy that equals an "atomic bomb"wink making the weather is not an effective use of that power. If she is as powerful as i think you are describing, she has a similar capability of Franklin Richards.

And, about her making lighting that is as powerful as a multi nuclear powered storm, all I can say is scan please.

And to rate "power" between magneto and storm is useless. What is more powerful, Einstein or Picasso? "power" isn't a quality that people can be judged by. Magneto beats storm for a variety of reasons on this forum, take it or leave it, but there is probably little room to argue this point with people.

1)Explain further

2)This is absurd. The fundemental forces of nature are not too "fine tuned" to deal with weather when it does everyday constantly. Explain further.

3) STUPID broken logic- Character x 'should' be doing this so they are not as powerful as decribed?? ABSURD. If Xavier is a powerful telepath he should be able to commincate with all lifeforms seen and unseen at once with ease. Broken Logic-Your subjective idea of "fully realized" use of ones abilities solidifies the credibility of said powers??

Explain further.

leonidas
please don't give me any of that full-potential crap regarding storm. just as she is most consistently portrayed.

does jenny have a chance?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>