The Mark of the Beast (666)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
Don't receive the mark of the beast no matter what.

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/Mark_of_the_Beast/Mark_of_the_Beast_666.htm

Strangelove
Um.....okay?

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/Mark_of_the_Beast/Mark_of_the_Beast_666.htm http://www.hjo3.net/orly/gal1/orly_indian.jpg

Shakyamunison

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/Mark_of_the_Beast/Mark_of_the_Beast_666.htm

Do you have a Social Security Number? If yes, then you already have the mark of the beast.

Do you have a debit card or credit card, then you already have the mark of the beast.

Conspiracy threads make me laugh. laughing

Bardock42

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/Mark_of_the_Beast/Mark_of_the_Beast_666.htm Okay

Rogue Jedi
internet explorer cannot open web page.

debbiejo
No, the mark of the Beast is not keeping the Sabbath day. It's breaking the Law of god, The 4th commandment.

Every Sunday keeper has taken the mark. eek!

Boris
LOL! I have 666 wrote on my hand right now... guess I'm ****ed.. hahaha!

It's a ****ing number.... it means nothing.

Deano
no the microchip in mark of the beast

{{QS}}
The mark of the beast is 616.Just thought you'd like to know.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Boris
LOL! I have 666 wrote on my hand right now... guess I'm ****ed.. hahaha!

It's a ****ing number.... it means nothing. you are screwed from birth, actually. you are from Dublin and your name is Boris. stick out tongue

debbiejo
I'm warning you all right now.......Stop keeping Sunday holy! You'll burn forever, and there is no second chance now cause I told you all.... evil face

Jim Reaper
Awwww man... I joined on 6/6/06, i'm screwed!

Violent K
Originally posted by Deano
no the microchip in mark of the beast

Go back to the Conspiracy forum you damn loony.

debbiejo
No, he's right, it's the Mark of the Beast too. Oh my god we're doomed on all fronts. Jumpy

lord xyz

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/Mark_of_the_Beast/Mark_of_the_Beast_666.htm Well, it's impoosible since the devil doesn't exist, so okay.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by lord xyz
Well, it's impoosible since the devil doesn't exist, so okay. I could say the devil does exist. then you will ask me to prove it. so, i ask you. prove he does not exist.

JesusIsAlive

Symmetric Chaos
Do you mean 616?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
internet explorer cannot open web page.

Try it now, I just reposted it.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Do you mean 616?

No, I mean 666.

Bardock42
I could say the devil does exist. then you will ask me to prove it. so, i ask you. prove he does not exist. Then we will ask you whether you know anything of the scientific method. You will say no. We will laugh. You will cry. And then you will again ask in another thread to prove to you that something doesn't exist.

Symmetric Chaos
No, I mean 666.

Then you're protecting yourself from nothing. When the raputure comes you'll be tricked along with all the other idiots.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Then we will ask you whether you know anything of the scientific method. You will say no. We will laugh. You will cry. And then you will again ask in another thread to prove to you that something doesn't exist.
science/religion.....they dont mix, man. what does the scientific method have to do with proving god and/or the devils existence?

Bardock42
science/religion.....they dont mix, man. what does the scientific method have to do with proving god and/or the devils existence?

Well, if he does actually exist then you can prove him scientifically.

JesusIsAlive
Then you're protecting yourself from nothing. When the raputure comes you'll be tricked along with all the other idiots.

Explain.

Rogue Jedi
Well, if he does actually exist then you can prove him scientifically.
reverse that. prove to me via science that he DOES NOT exist.

Symmetric Chaos
Explain.

666 is what people thought was written in Revelation. More recent analysis of the text has lead researches to believe that 616 is what is actually written.

If you really were concerned about this you wouldn't use pop-culture as your basis of the end of the world.

JesusIsAlive
666 is what people thought was written in Revelation. More recent analysis of the text has lead researches to believe that 616 is what is actually written.

If you really were concerned about this you wouldn't use pop-culture as your basis of the end of the world.

What someone "thought" and what is actually "written" are two different things entirely. I believe what was written.

Bardock42
reverse that. prove to me via science that he DOES NOT exist.

T-that does not work. Not the scientific method. You have to prove that something exists. How can you prove that scientifically something doesn't exist? Tell me that. Anything. Prove that Unicorns don't exist.

Rogue Jedi
sorry, I have a question for JIA that I must ask. JIA, are you married?

Symmetric Chaos
What someone "thought" and what is actually "written" are two different things entirely. I believe what was written.

Thought as in past tense. They thought it said 666.

Now it's more clear what is actually written.

But sure go ahead and believe that is says 666 just because you went to the movies and saw 666. I'm sure you'll love eternal hellfire wink

Bardock42
What someone "thought" and what is actually "written" are two different things entirely. I believe what was written. Which was 616 apparently.

JesusIsAlive
Thought as in past tense. They thought it said 666.

Now it's more clear what is actually written.

But sure go ahead and believe that is says 666 just because you went to the movies and saw 666. I'm sure you'll love eternal hellfire wink

Revelation 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Like I said, the mark or name of the beast, or the number of his name is 666.

Bardock42
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Like I said, The mark or name of the beast, or the number of his name is 666.

Wait, you care for what someone translated or what was actually written?

JesusIsAlive
sorry, I have a question for JIA that I must ask. JIA, are you married?

Why do you ask?

Boris
It's a pretty cool number, it's no 777 though!!!

Rogue Jedi
Why do you ask?
just curious. are you?

JesusIsAlive
Wait, you care for what someone translated or what was actually written?

This is what was written and translated accurately. The mark or name of the beast, or number of his name is 666 as revealed in the holy Word of God--the Bible.

JesusIsAlive
just curious. are you?

Sorry, my personal life is off limits at this time.

Symmetric Chaos

Like I said, The mark or name of the beast, or the number of his name is 666.

Thats an old and innacurate translation.

Unless you seriously think the Bible was written in English using Arabic numerals.

Bardock42

JesusIsAlive

Rogue Jedi
T-that does not work. Not the scientific method. You have to prove that something exists. How can you prove that scientifically something doesn't exist? Tell me that. Anything. Prove that Unicorns don't exist.
yes, it does work. you can say "I don't BELIEVE the devil exists." but when you say "the devil DOESN'T exist", you are putting yourself in a position where you have to back up your statement with evidence, whether it be scientific or otherwise.

Rogue Jedi
Sorry, my personal life is off limits at this time.
well, let me tell you. if you are not married and have had sex at any time in your life, you are going straight to hell. sorry about that.

Bardock42
yes, it does work. you can say "I don't BELIEVE the devil exists." but when you say "the devil DOESN'T exist", you are putting yourself in a position where you have to back up your statement with evidence, whether it be scientific or otherwise. How does it not go in your head that you can not prove that something does NOT exist?

I assume it doesn't only apply to your faith though, right?

You never once said that Fairies don't exist, that Santa Clause doesn't exist, that Dragons don't exist, that Vishnu doesn't exist, that Darth Vader doesn't exist?

Because, to be fair, the existence of those are just as likely as those of the Devil.

So, did you? Or do you say "I don't believe that the tooth fairy exists"?

Bardock42
well, let me tell you. if you are not married and have had sex at any time in your life, you are going straight to hell. sorry about that. Not really, if he accepts Jesus as his saviour and asks forgiveness for his sins he doesn't.

Well, according to your mythology.

Rogue Jedi
How does it not go in your head that you can not prove that something does NOT exist?

I assume it doesn't only apply to your faith though, right?

You never once said that Fairies don't exist, that Santa Clause doesn't exist, that Dragons don't exist, that Vishnu doesn't exist, that Darth Vader doesn't exist?

Because, to be fair, the existence of those are just as likely as those of the Devil.

So, did you? Or do you say "I don't believe that the tooth fairy exists"?
let me ask you this....WHY do you not believe that the devil exists?

Symmetric Chaos

You never once said that Fairies don't exist, that Santa Clause doesn't exist, that Dragons don't exist, that Vishnu doesn't exist, that Darth Vader doesn't exist.

Vader exists. There are several documentaries about him and his family. They're called StarWars.

Boris
A big bad book said so!

It's gotta be right!

Bardock42
let me ask you this....WHY do you not believe that the devil exists?

Because it is as unlikely as fairies, dwarfs, hobbits, the easter bunny, martians, unicorns, Superman, dragons and Merlin.

It is just unlikely and there is no piece of evidence.

I don't rule out the possibility on a whole, just I wouldn't do with Ghosts, but I won't let it influence my life and it is so unlikely that it is easier to say I am certain they don't exist, because everything you would think of if I said "maybe they do" is soo far from the real possibility that it will just confuse you.

Why do you believe in him?

Rogue Jedi
Because it is as unlikely as fairies, dwarfs, hobbits, the easter bunny, martians, unicorns, Superman, dragons and Merlin.

I don't rule out the possibility on a whole, just I wouldn't do with Ghosts, but I won't let it influence my life and it is so unlikely that it is easier to say I am certain they don't exist, because everything you would think of if I said "maybe they do" is soo far from the real possibility that it will just confuse you.

Why do you believe in him?
so you are a fence sitter.

Bardock42
so you are a fence sitter.

Answer the question.

And the correct nomenclature would be "skeptic", thanks.

Rogue Jedi
Answer the question.
I choose to believe in the devil because I believe in god, and they og hand in hand. No, I have never seen evidence that either exist, but I still have my faith. You apparently do not believe in either, and I am fine with that. To me, my faith is my evidence.

Boris
LOL!

How the hell can Faith be evidence?

Rogue Jedi
LOL!

I said it was evidence to ME. to ME, not YOU.

Bardock42
I choose to believe in the devil because I believe in god, and they og hand in hand. No, I have never seen evidence that either exist, but I still have my faith. You apparently do not believe in either, and I am fine with that. To me, my faith is my evidence.

Okay, though it is not evidence at all. And as I said, you wouldn't understand it. I believe that the Devil does not exist as strongly as I believe that Gravitation will keep me on earth. As strongly as I believe that my mother exists. If you are able to lie to yourself that is okay. I am not.

JesusIsAlive
LOL!

According to the Bible faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen (because our faith is based squarely on the Word of God).

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Boris
I said it was evidence to ME. to ME, not YOU.

Yes I'm aware of what you said, nevertheless it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Bardock42
According to the Bible faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen (because our faith is based squarely on the Word of God).

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Well, now you just have to prove that the bible is correct and we have a perfect line of reasoning. So far faith is not evidence...but faith.

And does that also go for faith in Nordic Gods? Or Hinduism?

Boris

Can you try and go a few posts without quoting a book of fairytales?

Hydrono

That position is perfectly reasonable.

JesusIsAlive
Yes I'm aware of what you said, nevertheless it still makes no sense whatsoever.

You are absolutely correct! It does not make "sense" because faith is not sense and sense is not faith. Dogs are dogs, cats are cats, sense is sense and faith is faith. Don't try and commingle the two because they are not the same. It does not make sense, it makes faith.

big grin

Rogue Jedi
Okay, though it is not evidence at all. And as I said, you wouldn't understand it. I believe that the Devil does not exist as strongly as I believe that Gravitation will keep me on earth. As strongly as I believe that my mother exists. If you are able to lie to yourself that is okay. I am not.
as I posted earlier, my faith is evidence to ME. I dont expect you to go by it, and I dont expect you to accept it as evidence.

see? you said "if you are able to lie to yourself". right there. you are claiming that there is no doubt in your mind that the devil does not exist, yet you posted earlier that you cannot disprove it. when are you going to make up your mind?

Bardock42
as I posted earlier, my faith is evidence to ME. I dont expect you to go by it, and I dont expect you to accept it as evidence.

see? you said "if you are able to lie to yourself". right there. you are claiming that there is no doubt in your mind that the devil does not exist, yet you posted earlier that you cannot disprove it. when are you going to make up your mind?
Then it is not evidence at all, RJ. It is easy as that. It does not fit the necessary criteria of evidence.

No, I said that I am unable to say that I know anything for certain. Once more you misunderstood what I was saying.

Boris
You are absolutely correct! It does not make "sense" because faith is not sense and sense is not faith. Dogs are dogs, cats are cats, sense is sense and faith is faith. Don't try and commingle the two because they are not the same. It does not make sense, it makes faith.

big grin

Yeah, I'm aware that Faith is totally useless and makes no sense at all, no need to tell me that.

JesusIsAlive
Yeah, I'm aware that Faith is totally useless and makes no sense at all, no need to tell me that.

Hell is real Boris.

Rogue Jedi
Then it is not evidence at all, RJ. It is easy as that. It does not fit the necessary criteria of evidence.

No, I said that I am unable to say that I know anything for certain. Once more you misunderstood what I was saying.
you said you didnt rule out the possibility as a whole. by this, you are saying that MAYBE god and the devil coexist. then you told me I am lying to myself for having faith and accepting it as evidence for god and the devils existence. by insinuating that I am lying, you are claiming that there is no god, no devil. see the contradiction?

I am not a holy roller, I do not preach the gospel, and I sun my ass off. I am not your perfect little chriatian. but I do have a belief structure that I will adhere to for all of my life.

Boris
Is it though?

If it is I sure as HELL (get it?!?!?LOLOLOL) hope I go there!

Hydrono
Is it though?

If it is I sure as HELL (get it?!?!?LOLOLOL) hope I go there!

Yes, lets go worship the 200 gram spider elephants and their beaver woman! Faith Brother! Faith! (at least beavers exist...)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Hydrono
Yes, lets go worship the 200 gram spider elephants and their beaver woman! Faith Brother! Faith! (at least beavers exist...)
beavers.....hehehehe

Boris
Originally posted by Hydrono

Hmmmm.. you're talk of 200g Spider Elephants does seem pretty cool, though I don't think I could ever turn my back on His Holiness The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Pastafarian for life!!!

Bardock42
you said you didnt rule out the possibility as a whole. by this, you are saying that MAYBE god and the devil coexist. then you told me I am lying to myself for having faith and accepting it as evidence for god and the devils existence. by insinuating that I am lying, you are claiming that there is no god, no devil. see the contradiction?

I am not a holy roller, I do not preach the gospel, and I sun my ass off. I am not your perfect little chriatian. but I do have a belief structure that I will adhere to for all of my life. No, your conclusion is wrong. Though I feel that you lie to yourself when you say that you are sure the devil exists, I do not imply that the devil does not exist. It is not that hard of a concept really.

Hydrono
Hmmmm.. you're talk of 200g Spider Elephants does seem pretty cool, though I don't think I could ever turn my back on His Holiness The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Pastafarian for life!!!

laughing ...

I hate doing this sad

Boris
Accept his Noodley goodness.... !

pirate

Hydrono
Accept his Noodley goodness.... !

pirate

Oh my god! Get those noodles away from my mouth!scared

Rogue Jedi
No, your conclusion is wrong. Though I feel that you lie to yourself when you say that you are sure the devil exists, I do not imply that the devil does not exist. It is not that hard of a concept really.
so now you know what goes on in my head? now you are deciding that i am lying to myself? i told you what i believe and why i believe it, as well as why i aacept it as evidence. deal with it and move on. what you are doing now is the same as me trying to convert you to christianity, or preaching the gospel to you.

Willaume

Shakyamunison

JesusIsAlive

Symmetric Chaos

Shakyamunison
It makes faith.

big grin

What makes faith? Nonsense, is that what makes faith?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What makes faith? Nonsense, is that what makes faith?

No, nonsense is nonsense and faith is faith. Keep them separated.

Shakyamunison
No, nonsense is nonsense and faith is faith. Keep them separated.

But my faith is not blind, and your is blind.

JesusIsAlive
But my faith is not blind, and your is blind.

My faith is based on the Word of God; there is nothing blind about God's Word.

Shakyamunison
My faith is based on the Word of God; there is nothing blind about God's Word.

Are you talking about a book? roll eyes (sarcastic)

JesusIsAlive
Are you talking about a book? roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, I am referring to God's Book.

big grin

Boris
Wrote by Men... yes... "Gods" book.

Shakyamunison
No, I am referring to God's Book.

big grin

The bible is a book.

JesusIsAlive
The bible is a book.

The Bible is the Word of the living God. It is alive, powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. No other book can boast this Truth.

So, the Bible is God's Book (is it still the all-time, number one best seller? Yes it is!).

big grin

JesusIsAlive
Wrote by Men... yes... "Gods" book.

Written by men who were given inspiration by God--yes, God's Book.

big grin

Shakyamunison
The Bible is the Word of the living God. It is alive, powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. No other book can boast this Truth.

So, the Bible is God's Book (is it still the all-time, number one best seller? Yes it is!).

big grin

And where did you get this information from?

JesusIsAlive
And where did you get this information from?

Hebrews 4:12
For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Bible remains the number one best seller of all time in the United States.
--http://www.cybercollege.com/frtv/book1.htm

Boris
Tell me, if the Bible told you to shoot yourself in the head, would you?

Did you ever think or question the Bible, maybe it's wrong? EH?

There we go, you said it yourself, INSPIRATION, not the word of a fictional being. Not to be taking literally, not TRUE!

Shakyamunison
Hebrews 4:12
For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The Bible remains the number one best seller of all time in the United States.
--http://www.cybercollege.com/frtv/book1.htm

So your faith is based on popularity?

Also, I want a source outside of the bible.

JesusIsAlive
Tell me, if the Bible told you to shoot yourself in the head, would you?

Did you ever think or question the Bible, maybe it's wrong? EH?

There we go, you said it yourself, INSPIRATION, not the word of a fictional being. Not to be taking literally, not TRUE!

If the sun turned purple would you think it was Barney? If the moon fell down would you think that it was a ball? If the sky turned inside out would think it was elastic? If, if, if, if.... I don't live my life on ifs Boris.

The word inspiration in the context in which I used it means "God-Breathed." So, the Bible is God-Breathed; hence, the Bible is God's Book.

Boris
If the sun turned purple would you think it was Barney? If the moon fell down would think that it was a ball? If the sky turned inside out would think it was elastic? If, if, if, if.... I don't live my life on ifs Boris.

The word inspiration in the context in which I used it means "God-Breathed." So, the Bible is God-Breathed; hence, the Bible is God's Book.

You see I don't live my life by some book, the question was just to see how much you actually believe in that book. Maybe you should start thinking about.. "What if", you know.. open your mind a bit instead of reciting off passages of that stupid piece of historical trash.

You didn't answer my question, have you ever questioned the Bible or your religion? If not, maybe you should.

JesusIsAlive
So your faith is based on popularity?

Also, I want a source outside of the bible.

Did I say that my faith was based on popularity? No, I did not.

What source, for what?

JesusIsAlive
You see I don't live my life by some book, the question was just to see how much you actually believe in that book. Maybe you should start thinking about.. "What if", you know.. open your mind a bit instead of reciting off passages of that stupid piece of historical trash.

You didn't answer my question, have you ever questioned the Bible or your religion? If not, maybe you should.

Sure, you do, you live your life by all the books that you have read thus far (many of which are full of fiction, mythology, and falsehood).

My mind is not open to deception.

Why are you so hostile towards the Bible? Have you ever questioned why you are so angry towards the Bible? Hasn't that ever made you wonder? The Bible has never done anything to you so why are you so bitter towards it?

Have you ever questioned your atheism? If not, you should have a long time ago.

Boris

Sure, you do, yo live your life by all the books that you have read thus far (many of which are full of fiction, mythology, and falsehood).

My mind is not open to deception.

Why are you so hostile towards the Bible? Have you ever questioned why you are so angry about towards the Bible? Hasn't that ever made you wonder? The Bible has never done anything to you so why are you so bitter towards it?

Have you ever questioned your atheism? If not, you should have a long time ago.

No, no, I do not live my life according to the way any book says I should, I read books for entertainment and knowledge. Books that are up to date and have correct evidence upon evidence to support their claims, unlike you.

Why am I hostile towards the Bible? Simple, it is simply incorrect and spreading faultiest throughout the world. Giving people false hope and incorrect knowledge of the world around us. The Bible has done nothing to me personally, but what about the millions if not billions of people who have died throughout the course of history because of what is written in the book? It was wrote over 2000 years ago, and has no standing in the present.

Yes I have questioned my atheistic beliefs, I do it every day, as there is always new things to learn about the world, new studies, new evidence. While I am a pretty strong Atheist if God where to appear to me I would convert to Christianity or whatever religion in an instant.

Now if it was proven that God did not exist, without a shadow of a doubt tomorrow, would you abandon your beliefs so quick? I doubt it.

Shakyamunison
Did I say that my faith was based on popularity? No, I did not.

What source, for what?

Just something you wrote in one of your posts.

It seems too convenient that you always seem to forget what you posted. Almost like you just cut and paste, and never read it.

ADarksideJedi
He is right about the book being the number one best seller in America I had read that before.Well night.jm

Shakyamunison

JesusIsAlive
Just something you wrote in one of your posts.

It seems too convenient that you always seem to forget what you posted. Almost like you just cut and paste, and never read it.

I simply did not understand what you were talking about.

The Bible is true regardless that it is the number one bestseller. The bestseller fact is just an incidental.

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison
It is amazing how much of your own words that you put in my mouth. I never said that the Bible was true because it is the all-time, number one bestseller. I just mentioned this fact as an incidental (i.e. a by-the-way or a side note).

Well, if you are going to post irrelevant, and incidental things, then you need to expect other people to not understand you.

JesusIsAlive
Well, if you are going to post irrelevant, and incidental things, then you need to expect other people to not understand you.

big grin

Shakyamunison
big grin

Ya, you do it on purpose. When someone has you cornered, you post things that divert from your failure. wink

JesusIsAlive
Ya, you do it on purpose. When someone has you cornered, you post things that divert from your failure. wink

Wrong again. I post what I post to support what I write and occasionally introduce information that is incidental yet still significant.

JesusIsAlive

Dreamt

Shakyamunison
Wrong again. I post what I post to support what I write and occasionally introduce information that is incidental yet still significant.

You dodge is what you do.

JesusIsAlive
You dodge is what you do.

In what way have I dodged?

confused

Shakyamunison
In what way have I dodged?

confused

By asking irrelevant questions like above.

JesusIsAlive
By asking irrelevant questions like above.

What irrelevant questions have I asked?

Shakyamunison
What irrelevant questions have I asked?

eek! Are you playing stupid with me? If you are, you are doing a good job. laughing

JesusIsAlive
eek! Are you playing stupid with me? If you are, you are doing a good job. laughing

Seriously, what irrelevant questions have I asked?

Shakyamunison
Seriously, what irrelevant questions have I asked?

I feel so sorry for you. You just can't put two and two together to understand that I was saying you dodge. Which in a way is dodging. laughing

JesusIsAlive
I feel so sorry for you. You just can't put two and two together to understand that I was saying you dodge. Which in a way is dodging. laughing

Don't feel sorry for me, prove that I dodge.

Shakyamunison

You are one sick puppy. By continuing down this path, you have totally avoided the topic we were on. I have better things to do.

JesusIsAlive
You are one sick puppy. By continuing down this path, you have totally avoided the topic we were on. I have better things to do.

I was not convinced that I had dodged anything, but now you have unknowingly confirmed what I have believed.

AngryManatee

I've asked a certain question to you multiple upon multiples of times without getting an answer.

Edit: where do you get your information from?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by AngryManatee
I've asked a certain question to you multiple upon multiples of times without getting an answer.

Edit: where do you get your information from?

From various sources.

AngryManatee
From various sources.

Oh, I'm sold just from that sentence.

Bardock42
so now you know what goes on in my head? now you are deciding that i am lying to myself? i told you what i believe and why i believe it, as well as why i aacept it as evidence. deal with it and move on. what you are doing now is the same as me trying to convert you to christianity, or preaching the gospel to you.

You are an idiot.

Hydrono

Rogue Jedi
You are an idiot.
an idiot, eh? sounds like you are upset because i caught you contradicting yourself. that, or you are calling me an idiot for having faith in something that you dont. whatever the case, you have no right to call me an idiot for believing in god, or for accepting my faith as the evidence that i need to go on believing. as i said, this evidence i speak of is all I NEED. i dont expect YOU to accept it.

Bardock42
an idiot, eh? sounds like you are upset because i caught you contradicting yourself. that, or you are calling me an idiot for having faith in something that you dont. whatever the case, you have no right to call me an idiot for believing in god, or for accepting my faith as the evidence that i need to go on believing. as i said, this evidence i speak of is all I NEED. i dont expect YOU to accept it. No, I am upset because even after repeated explanation you did not understand what was said. It is irritating.

Rogue Jedi
No, I am upset because even after repeated explanation you did not understand what was said. It is irritating.
tell you what. right here, right now, ask me a straight question and i will give you a straight answer. no pussyfooting, no sugar coating, just extreme blunt honesty.

Bardock42
tell you what. right here, right now, ask me a straight question and i will give you a straight answer. no pussyfooting, no sugar coating, just extreme blunt honesty.

Why are you 100% certain that God exists but also that fairies do not?

ThePittman

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/Mark_of_the_Beast/Mark_of_the_Beast_666.htm Too late, already got it years ago

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000063CML.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Why are you 100% certain that God exists but also that fairies do not?
fairies? well, i have never seen a fairy, but i suppose they could be real. i dont believe in them, but i am not going to say "no way no how are there fairies."

all I have to go on as far as believing in god is my faith. Now I am sure that is not enough for you, but it is more than enough for me.

Bardock42
fairies? well, i have never seen a fairy, but i suppose they could be real. i dont believe in them, but i am not going to say "no way no how are there fairies."

all I have to go on as far as believing in god is my faith. Now I am sure that is not enough for you, but it is more than enough for me.

No, it is perfectly fine for me, if you admit that it is faith, meaning you are not 100% sure, and that you do have doubts whether he exists, even if they are little.

Rogue Jedi
No, it is perfectly fine for me, if you admit that it is faith, meaning you are not 100% sure, and that you do have doubts whether he exists, even if they are little.
i do have my doubts from time to time, but they are minimal and dont usually last longer than a few moments. the usual questions are going through my head at those times. "why is there AIDS? why cancer? homeless people? children raped? hey, WTF with the violence in africa?"

Bardock42
i do have my doubts from time to time, but they are minimal and dont usually last longer than a few moments. the usual questions are going through my head at those times. "why is there AIDS? why cancer? homeless people? children raped? hey, WTF with the violence in africa?"

Exactly, and that's how it is with me and atheism.

Do you understand now?

Like you would say "God exists" I would say "God doesn't exist" besides there being doubts of course.

Rogue Jedi
Exactly, and that's how it is with me and atheism.

Do you understand now?

Like you would say "God exists" I would say "God doesn't exist" besides there being doubts of course.
what in your life made you decide to be an atheist?

Bardock42
what in your life made you decide to be an atheist?

Well, for one the bible is literally ridiculous.

Then I found that many of the morals are harmful to people and not very thought through. Meaning, I feel my set of morals is better than that of this "God"

I never encountered a piece of evidence that implied that God would exist.

There are the paradoxons that make God as he is often simplified impossible.

There are theories that state how life came about without a creator and for the most part they are supported by far more evidence than the bible.

There are similar tales in all cultures yet we don't believe in them but in the God of the bible. Why not Vishnu, Zeus or Thor?

Rogue Jedi
Well, for one the bible is literally ridiculous.

Then I found that many of the morals are harmful to people and not very thought through. Meaning, I feel my set of morals is better than that of this "God"

I never encountered a piece of evidence that implied that God would exist.

There are the paradoxons that make God as he is often simplified impossible.

There are theories that state how life came about without a creator and for the most part they are supported by far more evidence than the bible.

There are similar tales in all cultures yet we don't believe in them but in the God of the bible. Why not Vishnu, Zeus or Thor?
so if you die and are being judged by God, would you repent?

Bardock42
so if you die and are being judged by God, would you repent?

Not sure.

Probably not. I would still believe I was right about how people should be treated.

I would probably ask forgiveness for the things I believe I did wrong. Not necessarily those that he thinks are wrong. I would not apologize for believing in Gay rights. For advocating weaker churches because of the harm they do. Not for abortion.

Maybe I would fake it, cause of course I would be horribly scared of Hell, but it would probably not be honest. I don't think I could chose to go against my convictions.

In case it is a sort of tribunal and I would find the strength to overcome my fear I would explain my situation to him and I feel I make some good points for why I behave the way I behave, and assuming it is a good god why wouldn't he understand?

Rogue Jedi
Not sure.

Probably not. I would still believe I was right about how people should be treated.gotta give you credit for going down with the ship.

so you think he would debate with you? you think he would question himself because of what you believe?

there would be no points to be made. he would ***** slap you into the pits of hell. sorry, but if there is a god (and i firmly believe there is one) then this is the way it is.

Bardock42
gotta give you credit for going down with the ship.

so you think he would debate with you? you think he would question himself because of what you believe?

there would be no points to be made. he would ***** slap you into the pits of hell. sorry, but if there is a god (and i firmly believe there is one) then this is the way it is.

It's not my choice really, now is it? I can't just throw my convictions over board. I literally mean I CAN'T!

Maybe, maybe not. If he loves me, why wouldn't he?

Well, that's okay, if you believe that. But call that ******* loving and I will call you a liar.

Rogue Jedi
It's not my choice really, now is it? I can't just throw my convictions over board. I literally mean I CAN'T!

Maybe, maybe not. If he loves me, why wouldn't he?

Well, that's okay, if you believe that. But call that ******* loving and I will call you a liar. all that matters i what we do as mortals in this life, on this earth. once you die, there is no time left to atone for what you have done. thats all i am saying.

Bardock42
all that matters i what we do as mortals in this life, on this earth. once you die, there is no time left to atone for what you have done. thats all i am saying.

He is not loving.

Rogue Jedi
He is not loving. you say that because you are an atheist and do not believe in him.

Shakyamunison
I was not convinced that I had dodged anything, but now you have unknowingly confirmed what I have believed.

You have always been convinced in what you believe, and I have never confirmed anything for you. You write cryptic things like above, just to make yourself feel better.

Rogue Jedi
I must admit that the constant quoting of scripture is a poor debating tactic. To a non believer, it means nothing.

Shakyamunison
I must admit that the constant quoting of scripture is a poor debating tactic. To a non believer, it means nothing.

Every time someone quotes the bible, when I read it, it doesn't mean to me what the person claimed it meant.

Rogue Jedi
this is what I mean. to me, scripture means something, because I am a believer. but to a non believer, it is just babble.

Shakyamunison
this is what I mean. to me, scripture means something, because I am a believer. but to a non believer, it is just babble.

Not always, sometimes a person will take a quote out of context, and or imply their own meaning, when another meaning could fit just as easy.

Rogue Jedi
to me it shows that they have no other angle and are falling back on it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>