First Look at The Joker (BB2)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoo
http://i17.tinypic.com/4u1ivb8%20.jpg

This comes from a new marketing campaign from WB: www.ibelieveinharveydent.com and www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com

Looks like he's been on the wrong side of a Chelsea Grin

Il.Mozalini
I think he looks great. I kind of wish it was slightly farther out so we know for sure what his hair will be like.

H. S. 6
Looks awesome. Not for the kiddies, that's for sure.

DarkDethbringer
i have my doubts. but it looks ok i hope eh cleans up a bit and has his hilarious hat on again!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Great pic of Heath.

xNIXSONx
interesting, i think itll look a tad cooler if his mouth had a cut on the side a bit like the main villain in Pan's Labyrinth...but the scars on the side of the released pic here is still cool

king leonidas
damn was just about to post this, oh well. i think he looks great, definately not one for kiddies. which is good.

WrathfulDwarf
It defenetly takes The Joker out of the Comic Book look. I, however, don't think this will get a green light. Way too disturbing and creepy. It almost walks into an "R" rating. WB wants to keep this new franchise within the PG13 line.

A very unique look for The Joker. Nolan is indeed a talented artist. But WB cares about profit. These might eventually clash.

Tattoo
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It defenetly takes The Joker out of the Comic Book look. I, however, don't think this will get a green light. Way too disturbing and creepy. It almost walks into an "R" rating. WB wants to keep this new franchise within the PG13 line.

A very unique look for The Joker. Nolan is indeed a talented artist. But WB cares about profit. These might eventually clash.

WD, this isn't a makeup test, this is released from an online marketing campaign, I'd say it's the final look.

Blind
I'm pretty sure it's already been decided to be a fake guys. I could be wrong, but the site isn't registered with WB and I'm sure we can't forget the last time somebody put up a pic of the "joker" to get a rise out of people.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Blind
I'm pretty sure it's already been decided to be a fake guys. I could be wrong, but the site isn't registered with WB and I'm sure we can't forget the last time somebody put up a pic of the "joker" to get a rise out of people.

For a viral marketing campaign they wouldn't have it registered with WB. They would have outside help. It happens all the time.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Tattoo
WD, this isn't a makeup test, this is released from an online marketing campaign, I'd say it's the final look.

The image looks very sadistic. It's a great image no doubt about it. But from a commercial sales POV...it may not be profitable. Can you picture this Joker's look on an action figure at a local Toys R us?

I'm all for this distubing look. But they may have to tone it down for the kiddies. After all...they bring their parents money to movie tickets and merchandise.

sithsaber408
The image looks very sadistic. It's a great image no doubt about it. But from a commercial sales POV...it may not be profitable. Can you picture this Joker's look on an action figure at a local Toys R us?

I'm all for this distubing look. But they may have to tone it down for the kiddies. After all...they bring their parents money to movie tickets and merchandise.

Aye, but hopefully Nolan will tell the kiddies to go piss themselves.

He told Batman Begins as dark and serious as he wanted it, that wasn't much of a kids film either.

Keeping fingers crossed that this one stays as is.

I've faith in Nolan until I watch the film in it's entirety that it will elevate comic book films to the next level of awesomeness. stick out tongue

Tattoo

Yes I can see it on action figures...especially if Todd McFarlane does them. There are plenty of people out there who buy action figures that are older than 13 years old.

WrathfulDwarf
Yup! I'm one of those over 13 years old.

Todd makes some real good looking figures. I thinking that if they go with these kind of Joker it might actually be done by DC Direct. But we'll see...is still a long way to go.

LousyBoy
Im likin the joker so far. Looks arent everything either. Also, the ibelieveinharvenydenttoo.com site is down, and when you highlight the page you get a bunch of "HaHa hahaHAs"

Tattoo
Originally posted by LousyBoy
Im likin the joker so far. Looks arent everything either. Also, the ibelieveinharvenydenttoo.com site is down, and when you highlight the page you get a bunch of "HaHa hahaHAs"

That's demented. shock I love it.

Bat Dude
I think that it looks kind of kool... very twisted and dark... I hope he looks like that in the movie

Scarecrow756
I think this is a very good look for the Joker strays away from anything that has been done before for the Joker. I think by this image we can see that Chris Nolan is going present us with a very dark Joker that until now has not been quite seen on screen. I am really looking forward to this movie and have faith in Nolan and Co on once again bringing us a brilliant Batman movie.

sindahouse
Tell you all right now. If thats what the joker looks like, I ain;t watchin the second one. That ain't the joker. Its looks like a corspe of one of jokers victoms. But that ain;t no joker. Don't care what anyone says. I'll dispute it till i drop. Better be a fake man. BETTER BE!!!

sindahouse
Thats the joker

Tattoo
Originally posted by sindahouse
Tell you all right now. If thats what the joker looks like, I ain;t watchin the second one. That ain't the joker. Its looks like a corspe of one of jokers victoms. But that ain;t no joker. Don't care what anyone says. I'll dispute it till i drop. Better be a fake man. BETTER BE!!!

So you want someone with a wider than average mouth, teeth that are 2 inches long each, and an over exaggerated chin? Face it, you will not get a 1:1 representation on the silver screen. It's too cartoony to do in a live action movie. Don't go see the movie, I doubt Nolan will care.

roughrider
Are they going with the idea he uses makeup to distort his already f**ked-up mug, rather than a permanent skin dye like the comics?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by roughrider
Are they going with the idea he uses makeup to distort his already f**ked-up mug, rather than a permanent skin dye like the comics?

The Joker is gonna rock.

LousyBoy
I believe i read somewhere, that Ledgers insipiration for this Joker will be the Alex character, and his gang, from A Clockwork Orange. Which just screams sadistic. This movies gonna be somethin alright.

((The_Anomaly))
I don't like it, nor do I like Ledger as the choice for playing the Joker...erm

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I don't like it, nor do I like Ledger as the choice for playing the Joker...erm Well, Ledger doesn't like you, so all is fair. stick out tongue

But, yeah, I like it...Hopefully it'll be a little cleaner in the next picture that comes out.

misskraidridley
I love the Joker!

OB1-adobe
whats with all of the blood on his forehead

DarthLazious
Yeah really.

DarkDethbringer
Mopre imaginative than Burton, though Burtons done abetter 'dark and serious' Batman franchsie so far

roughrider
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
Mopre imaginative than Burton, though Burtons done abetter 'dark and serious' Batman franchsie so far

Hell no. Nolan has done the better, darker & more serious Batman to date.

DarkDethbringer
meh, do i neeedmy after school special speech on opinions again?

But Burtons city andbasic design was better

xNIXSONx
i remember when there was a drawing someone made of one of the Operators in The Matrix as the Joker, and he had like a self carved smile

DarkDethbringer
I kinda remember that

Tattoo
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
whats with all of the blood on his forehead

It's not blood, the site hadn't finished the full unveil on the picture yet so others filled in the missing pixels, the person put the wrong color on the head.

sindahouse
So you want someone with a wider than average mouth, teeth that are 2 inches long each, and an over exaggerated chin? Face it, you will not get a 1:1 representation on the silver screen. It's too cartoony to do in a live action movie. Don't go see the movie, I doubt Nolan will care.

Mate if they can make dinosaurs walk on the big screen, if they can have ppl fight with light sabers and if they can make man fly, than they can do a joker. It a movie, its make belief, so it doesn't bother me if the joker looks a little cartoony. As long as the character is accurate. And as for u and Nolan, u can both go jump, I really dont care stick out tongue

Tattoo
Originally posted by sindahouse
Mate if they can make dinosaurs walk on the big screen, if they can have ppl fight with light sabers and if they can make man fly, than they can do a joker. It a movie, its make belief, so it doesn't bother me if the joker looks a little cartoony. As long as the character is accurate. And as for u and Nolan, u can both go jump, I really dont care stick out tongue

When the rest of the movie is supposed to be planted more firmly in a gritty reality rather than a cartoony comic, an exaggerated Joker would be out of place. It'll be fine once you see it.

*jumps* What was that supposed to accomplish?

starlock
Dont like it,and i dont like the idea of joker in a movie,we have seen it allready and batman has some of the greatest villians around,but then again i was not impressed with batman begins at all,but i was happy for a look at scarecrow and ras al gul

tlbauerle
Hmmm...

So what's with the hidden message on the site, "See You In December" mean?

WrathfulDwarf

I'm hoping that's not the case. Would be rather out of character. But if it works..it works.

Tattoo
I hope not either, maybe he'll have it tattoo'd on. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LORDSIDIOUS01
The pic is rockin. Heath Ledger looks cool.

Juntai
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Hmmm...

So what's with the hidden message on the site, "See You In December" mean? Probably when the trailer will hit.

DarkDethbringer
prolly or someother merchandising

Kainreaver
If they wanted a batman movie to appeal to kids, they would have done what they did over a decade ago, and gotten joel Schumacher. The Joker is a Sadist not a kids clown, its only fitting that his physical look depicts the monster he is. The graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns" isnt made for kids. it's mature, and the joker is a monster (He kills kids) I imagine the movie will be dark, as the title the DARK knight eludes to.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Kainreaver
If they wanted a batman movie to appeal to kids, they would have done what they did over a decade ago, and gotten joel Schumacher. The Joker is a Sadist not a kids clown, its only fitting that his physical look depicts the monster he is. The graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns" isnt made for kids. it's mature, and the joker is a monster (He kills kids) I imagine the movie will be dark, as the title the DARK knight eludes to.

true that

Batman Begins was not a kids film, im not sure but there are probably a few people here that think it is or should be for some reason..

DarkDethbringer
Batman isnota kidsthing, though it should also not be too over realistic, gritty fine but keep it real

roughrider
This keeps with the ideas working since Batman Begins. It looks to me like an 'Ultimizing' treatment of Batman, like the Marvel characters in the Ultimateverse for the most part. They want to make everything seem more real, the tech grounded in scientific plausibilty - unlike the Burton/Schumacher films, which put in anything their imaginations thought looked cool. That's why the Scarecrow didn't need to be a walking strawman; a creepy-looking psychiatrist in a suit, using a spooky hood & gas did the job just fine, and seemed real. If this Joker gets messed up in an accident and doesn't look as clean & well-tailored as the comics version, I'll buy that.
And if it's less kid friendly, good. The last one wasn't either, and did just fine at the box office.

Alfheim
The joker rocks. Its not what I expected but I take my hat off to Nolan . Again you can see that Nolan is trying to make Batman more real and gritty.

Damn that Joker is scarey....

Alfheim
edit forget what I posted it was fake.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
I think he looks great. I kind of wish it was slightly farther out so we know for sure what his hair will be like.

yeah it would be nice if we could see the hair.

DarkDethbringer
The onlykkid friendlyBatsy movies have been Batman & Robin, and Forever waskinda kid friendly less though than &Robin but stillkinda

LousyBoy
It still blows my mind that its Heath 'freakin' Ledger playing Joker.

Thorrin
I think Ledger will do good as the joker, and that pic on the first post, is ****ing awesome.

I saw that pic a couple days ago, and I hope the Joker resembles something like that in the movie when it comes out.

FistOfThe North
This Joker doesn't fly with me. I don't like the look at all. He looks distorted. Joker, as ironic as this may sound, always seemed put together, physically. As if he were almost sleek-like

I imagined this Joker in court, with his hands cuffed, with a black on black suit, black slicked back hair, staring the judge dead in the eye. I imagined him sophisticated but in a hilarious insane kinda way and not in the way he looks in that pic.

He Joker looks like he played a role in "Hostel" or "Saw" or some sort of zombie horror movie.

wuTa
So far,I like the look, but I would like to see his wardrobe as well, not just a giant closeup of his face. I also wouldn't be suprised if WD is right, and the WB cockblocked this version of the Joker, but hopefully that won't be the case. Ledger better not **** this up though, an actor could only dream about a role as complex, and great as The Joker's charactor.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This Joker doesn't fly with me. I don't like the look at all. He looks distorted. Joker, as ironic as this may sound, always seemed put together, physically. As if he were almost sleek-like

I imagined this Joker in court, with his hands cuffed, with a black on black suit, black slicked back hair, staring the judge dead in the eye. I imagined him sophisticated but in a hilarious insane kinda way and not in the way he looks in that pic.

He Joker looks like he played a role in "Hostel" or "Saw" or some sort of zombie horror movie.

I agree with you completely. He should have looked more creepy, but in a sophisticated kind of way, he looks like he's from a B-movie horror film in that picture. Very disappointing, I hope they change him considerably.

Gregory
That's excellent. I hope they don't change it at all.

DarkDethbringer
meh i liek it but mayeb hell clean up mid film

Juntai
This keeps with the ideas working since Batman Begins. It looks to me like an 'Ultimizing' treatment of Batman, like the Marvel characters in the Ultimateverse for the most part. They want to make everything seem more real, the tech grounded in scientific plausibilty - unlike the Burton/Schumacher films, which put in anything their imaginations thought looked cool. That's why the Scarecrow didn't need to be a walking strawman; a creepy-looking psychiatrist in a suit, using a spooky hood & gas did the job just fine, and seemed real. If this Joker gets messed up in an accident and doesn't look as clean & well-tailored as the comics version, I'll buy that.
And if it's less kid friendly, good. The last one wasn't either, and did just fine at the box office. DC has been doing good at appealing to adults with it's movies so far. As an adult movie-goer, I tend to appreciate them more-so than most of the comic movies aimed at 5 year olds.

vintageSW77
wheres the dapper twisted ellegance?
he just looks like a thug

xNIXSONx
some of you guys are worried about how Joker looks, but it was probably the same with Scarecrow...his suit and just scarecrow mask

Altar[1stONE]
that picture looks so fake, i dont even buy it. Ive seen a fan picture with a similar concept, and the photoshop work was convincing but not authentic. I still think hes gonna look as someone mentioned. A suit of some sort, with slick hair , possibly like the batman beyond joker movie , if that.

DarkDethbringer
yeah but thsi wason its own website, whowould forkout the money for that? but then again someoen forkedotu for this before

www.Leekspin.com

so yeah

tlbauerle
But its not fake...oy vey.

As for DC doing well with adult audiences...I must bring up CATWOMAN. The possibility for failure is still high. BATMAN BEGINS was stupendous. I certainly hope they keep the flavor.

xNIXSONx
its not about catwoman, its about THE JOKER and why won't anyone believe its a real pic

i mean, ive seen some SHIT photoshopped, but this one is by far the best, and if it is truly real than all the people that thought it was fake, well you'll look really stupid for doubting. But i can see they def. kept the scared face Joker like the concept design

DarkDethbringer
alot of people believeitsreal smepeopledisputeit,iwas hazy but then i sawit on G4 soi believet

Myth
Holy typing problems Batman!

Rafkins_Warning
My god... that is so f*cking emo..... an emo Joker is what we have here people! Run for the hills! The end is definitely nigh!

misskraidridley
He looks disturbing and odd.

atharpina
what's emo about that? i hate how overused that word has become. its like the new word excuse to just insult something

DarkDethbringer
not really, bloody lookin lips, pale face, black, closed eyes

xNIXSONx
if it was emo the Joker would have scars and cut marks on his wrists and hair over one side of his face like when Peter Parker got the 'black suit'

DarkDethbringer
lol the detials i gave made him emo enuf

xNIXSONx
ha, everything is emo these days erm

DarkDethbringer
well weve loweerd our standards on whtu is emo since the 80's so we consider things with minimalemones, emo. lek myself i have long hair so they jsutcall me emoall the time, and by they i usuakky mena stupid people

Il.Mozalini
well weve loweerd our standards on whtu is emo since the 80's so we consider things with minimalemones, emo. lek myself i have long hair so they jsutcall me emoall the time, and by they i usuakky mena stupid people

You should really learn how to spell...that came out ruder than I meant it to. Your posts are just extremely hard to understand.

DarkDethbringer
i say learn to read. I just dont feel like spell checking my posts as i dont feel its worth the time, i can unscramble posts that are actually hard to comprehend mine are easy.

xNIXSONx
i dont spell check, i just type properly.

but yeah BB2!

sindahouse
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
ha, everything is emo these days erm

Man I hear that. Ppl need to harden the f**k up.

Il.Mozalini
i say learn to read. I just dont feel like spell checking my posts as i dont feel its worth the time, i can unscramble posts that are actually hard to comprehend mine are easy.

Bravo. Was that so hard?

DarkDethbringer
hehe i see you learned to read? or are you just faking?

Il.Mozalini
Good one.

roughrider
Originally posted by Juntai
DC has been doing good at appealing to adults with it's movies so far. As an adult movie-goer, I tend to appreciate them more-so than most of the comic movies aimed at 5 year olds.

Afetr letting their top two movie franchise characters - Superman & Batman - get run into the ground, DC has learned its lesson. Batman Begins is one of the best since the first Superman, and Superman Returns brings respectability back to the series.

Tattoo
Afetr letting their top two movie franchise characters - Superman & Batman - get run into the ground, DC has learned its lesson. Batman Begins is one of the best since the first Superman, and Superman Returns brings respectability back to the series.

blink Supes Returns may have brought respectability back, but it sure didn't bring a story with it.

Aizen
If I don't see the famous Joker laugh this movie will be so superbad and not worth of my time!

The pic is ugly without style at all....am waitin for tha trailer then I'll add more comments

Tattoo
Originally posted by Aizen
If I don't see the famous Joker laugh this movie will be so superbad and not worth of my time!

The pic is ugly without style at all....am waitin for tha trailer then I'll add more comments

Yes wait for the trailer before saying the movie will be superbad based solely on a still picture of the new villain.

Gannon
Have you guys seen these pics?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/29/the-dark-knight-shoots-for-imax-is-this-the-future-of-cinema/

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Gannon
Have you guys seen these pics?

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/05/29/the-dark-knight-shoots-for-imax-is-this-the-future-of-cinema/

yeah its in the other thread

Devil King
Originally posted by Aizen

I can't speak to Ledger's performance, as I've yet to see it, but I have faith in Nolan to get the performance he wants.

As for the way the character has been handled, I think it's shaping up to be the best and most logical example of how this character should always have been portrayed. The black dahlia type explaination for his smile is brilliant. I don't want a Jack Nicholson Joker, I don't want a Ceasar Romero/'70's Joker. In the comics, I can only think of about 10 stories where the Joker is handled the way he was envisioned by his creators.

If everything I've heard is true, then this movie (much like Batman Begins) will be better than anything Tim Burton could have done.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Devil King
I can't speak to Ledger's performance, as I've yet to see it, but I have faith in Nolan to get the performance he wants.

As for the way the character has been handled, I think it's shaping up to be the best and most logical example of how this character should always have been portrayed. The black dahlia type explaination for his smile is brilliant. I don't want a Jack Nicholson Joker, I don't want a Ceasar Romero/'70's Joker. In the comics, I can only think of about 10 stories where the Joker is handled the way he was envisioned by his creators.

If everything I've heard is true, then this movie (much like Batman Begins) will be better than anything Tim Burton could have done.

Agreed. Everyone should go out and buy Batman: The Killing Joke.

Devil King
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Everyone should go out and buy Batman: The Killing Joke.

It's a must have for anyone who considers themselves true Batman fans, and even more essential for any fan of the Joker.

Also, everyone needs to read the first several issues in which the Joker makes his initial appearances. This will help everyone figure out how this Joker is going to be different (better) than all the others. (There are a couple of them in The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told, which is where I first read them) There are also some really good Joker stories in the novels and short story compilations. (not the graphic novels, actual novels)

Supreme being

I know and that is awesome the hahas that is.

Supreme being
blink Supes Returns may have brought respectability back, but it sure didn't bring a story with it.

Lack of a decent story, lack of decent action., that film is extremly flawed giving the character has such a large history to draw from.

Darth Martin
The thing about Superman Returns that I didn't like was the casting of Lex Luthor and Lois Lane.

I also think there should be a serious villain who Supes can FIGHT like machines built by Luthor, Doomsday, Darkseid, or General Zod.

In Superman Returns all he did was save people from falling buildings, glass, and other things. Never actually threw down with anyone.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Devil King
It's a must have for anyone who considers themselves true Batman fans, and even more essential for any fan of the Joker.

Also, everyone needs to read the first several issues in which the Joker makes his initial appearances. This will help everyone figure out how this Joker is going to be different (better) than all the others. (There are a couple of them in The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told, which is where I first read them) There are also some really good Joker stories in the novels and short story compilations. (not the graphic novels, actual novels)

I have nearly evry issue of the Joker. Especially Batman:The Killing Joke.

Darth Martin
Picture of Joker's car!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2196 laughing

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Picture of Joker's car!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2196 laughing

Personally, I think the car fits with Joker's persona... He's out there, so he needs a car that's the same...

Darth Martin
I know I can't wait. Reminds me of the animated series.

Eldon
really dissapointing i thought....hopefuly it will get better

Bat Dude
what exactly did you not like about it? The look? The paint job? It's your opinion of course, but I'm just curious as to what you think should be changed...

Il.Mozalini
The link isn't working for me at all. Can someone post it and help me out?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The link isn't working for me at all. Can someone post it and help me out?

What link do you want? Let me know I'll try to find it for you.

peejay88
The iolveharveydenttoo picture of Ledger doesn't really tell u a lot, The pic could be during his transformation into Joker(if the movie shows this) or it could well be the finished article. The Imax picture (behind a mirror during filming or whatever it is) that was released a little later is more encouraging as the image looks more like the Joker (green hair, purple suit, big grin etc). It's definately going to be creepy. I for one am glad that they are not just re-hashing the same old Jokers that we have seen (TAS, Batman 89') but i'm still a little bit underwhelmed by the iloveharveydenttoo Ledger picture as it doesn't feel like the Joker to me.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by peejay88
The iolveharveydenttoo picture of Ledger doesn't really tell u a lot, The pic could be during his transformation into Joker(if the movie shows this) or it could well be the finished article. The Imax picture (behind a mirror during filming or whatever it is) that was released a little later is more encouraging as the image looks more like the Joker (green hair, purple suit, big grin etc). It's definately going to be creepy. I for one am glad that they are not just re-hashing the same old Jokers that we have seen (TAS, Batman 89') but i'm still a little bit underwhelmed by the iloveharveydenttoo Ledger picture as it doesn't feel like the Joker to me.

Naturally, Chris Nolan isn't going let everything out. We all must wait and then a fantastic film.

TH3 D4RK KN!GH7
You guys have to love the glasgow smile they gave him though, the scars are a very nice touch.

Il.Mozalini
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
What link do you want? Let me know I'll try to find it for you.

Oh, I guess I didn't word that correctly. I meant if anyone could post the image.

Mr Parker
they also showed another pic of him that makes him look much better than that one in an issue of USA TODAY about a couple of weeks ago.It was the full body shot,a small pic but he still looked great and it gave you a better idea what he will look like.I am so psyched about this movie.

Tattoo
Oh, I guess I didn't word that correctly. I meant if anyone could post the image.

What image? confused

LousyBoy
What image? confused
The image of the "Jokers Car" on the lot of the set. And since the link takes you to a blank page, we can only assume it was Warner Bros/DC that made them take it down.

Tattoo
The image of the "Jokers Car" on the lot of the set. And since the link takes you to a blank page, we can only assume it was Warner Bros/DC that made them take it down.

No, they said that they received a ton of emails stating that the image was a fake so they removed it.

LousyBoy
Does anyone know/remember the model of that car? What it was exactly? Looked more like a truck actually.

And how would anyone know its fake? Did the faker leave his sig at the bottom or what?

Ultimate Hulk43

This comes from a new marketing campaign from WB: www.ibelieveinharveydent.com and www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com

It looks okay but it could look a lot better. It'll probably be changed a little before the movie is released anyway.

xNIXSONx
i dont think a lot of people have seen the above picture heh, people in the other thread have no idea what im talking about when i mentioned it

SelinaAndBruce
I personally am not excited about the new Joker but I was skeptical about Begins. If he's good I will admit it but I am skeptical just the same.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I personally am not excited about the new Joker but I was skeptical about Begins. If he's good I will admit it but I am skeptical just the same.

JUust waitn and see, You just might like it.

Mindship
http://www.411mania.com/game_screenshots/2014.jpg

Looks like he belongs in a slasher film more than a comic adaptation.

I like these Jokers better...

http://binkythedoormat.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/heathledgerjoker.png
http://www.bigkevsgeekstuff.com/show/images/ep55/8.jpg

Alfheim
BOOOOOO!!!! You suck Mindship. stick out tongue

Madacapa
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Aye, but hopefully Nolan will tell the kiddies to go piss themselves.

He told Batman Begins as dark and serious as he wanted it, that wasn't much of a kids film either.

Keeping fingers crossed that this one stays as is.

I've faith in Nolan until I watch the film in it's entirety that it will elevate comic book films to the next level of awesomeness. stick out tongue

I used to have faith in Sam Raimi until I saw Spiderman III. I am all for a darker Joker, because that is the way he is written in the comics. HOWEVER, if this picture is for real, then Nolan has f**ked it up. He didn't f**k up Batman's look in the first movie. I liked what he did with the Scarecrow and Ras.

BUT, this is The Joker, who is just as much of a cultural icon as The Batman. I believe he has to have a certain look, and this is not it. I will see the movie, but I am preparing for a disappointment. I mean, what the hell is that f-ing picture? I did not like the casting of Heath to begin with (Chris Penn would have been far, far, far better). I was willing to give it a chance, because Nolan did a great job with the first picture, but now...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

Mindship
Originally posted by Alfheim
BOOOOOO!!!! You suck Mindship. stick out tongue
Hey, if he has a good cackling laugh, I'll let it go. surrender

Alfheim
Originally posted by Mindship
Hey, if he has a good cackling laugh, I'll let it go. surrender

Yeah and besides The Joker is supposed to be a pyscho anyway. So maybe theres nothing wrong with him looking like he should be in a slasher flick.

xNIXSONx
the isupportharveydent pic of Joker on the other page (closeup of joker w/messed up scars around the face and red around the mouth is real) if anyone has seen some videos from the set, theres one where Heath is in the joker get-up skateboarding around, he has the giant smile thing across his face, nicholson style joker hair, and like black dress pants and a dark purple tinted dress shirt or somethin

Altar[1stONE]
Originally posted by Madacapa
I did not like the casting of Heath to begin with (Chris Penn would have been far, far, far better).

Umm...Chris Penn? Hes dead man, im sure you ment Sean Penn. wink laughing Cause big boy chris penn as joker is probably worst then Heath ledger.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Altar
Umm...Chris Penn? Hes dead man, im sure you ment Sean Penn. wink laughing Cause big boy chris penn as joker is probably worst then Heath ledger.

Sean Penn turned down being The Joker a long time ago. I, myself will wait and pass judgment about Heath Ledger after I see TDK.

Ultimate Hulk43
I think he'll do fine, it's stupid to make a bad judgement before the film is released.

AstroFan
Well Friday we will hear his laugh and see a little more of him, so we will get a little better idea. I think he will do well, Nolan's casting has been great so far.

steverules
Looks good, scary too

peejay88
I was extremely skeptical after seeing the iloveharveydenttoo picture of Ledger but after seeing him in the set pictures, in the purple etc, he looks like the Joker and is the right build for the character (Cesar Romero anyone?!). Can't wait for the movie to come out now! I am still skeptical though as i wonder if they will introduce Jack Napier into the story and explain why he carved a smile into his face and i wonder also if he'll make many jokes as he doesnt look like a funny kinda guy, Roll on 2008!

xNIXSONx
im sure everyone's skeptical just like Scarecrow being a dude in a suit and tie w/ a potato sack over his head

^im not sure if the Joker carves a smile into his face himself, it looks basically just like facial scaring, rather than an intentional smile. and if youve seen BB, the joker is already on the loose since the end of BB and will show Joker's past through flashbacks...just logical thinking

LousyBoy
I have an inkling that the gas is responsible for his smile and his victims'.

kiddo44
Originally posted by Altar
im sure you ment Sean Penn. wink : good thing, b/c Heath as the Joker is perfect casting.

sithsaber408
BUMP. zorro

New Joker image released through viral campaign today, looks like Rachel's gonna bite it:

xNIXSONx
BUMP. zorro

New Joker image released through viral campaign today, looks like Rachel's gonna bite it:

haha awesome, he's got the right get-up, looks like he's taking in the moment lol

peejay88
BUMP. zorro

Ha WHOA! eek! Ledger looks like Chris Nolan haha, good and creepy, i'm really excited now

xNIXSONx
found this on IGN

http://video.whysoserious.com/TDK_Teaser_HD_Medium_bV78g1K.mov

Joker1237
Batman and Robin ALL over again. This time it stops at film 2. It will flop.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Joker1237

Highly doubtful. The Dark Knight will make two as much as BB and will spawn several Batman movies.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Personally, I think the car fits with Joker's persona... He's out there, so he needs a car that's the same...

WHERE? wheres the pics of the car? I didnt see any pics there at that link.

xNIXSONx

u fkin serious? lol

Joker1237
yep. You dont mess with the Joker's orgin like that.

xNIXSONx
yep. You dont mess with the Joker's orgin like that.

yeah man, i cant believe that did that in Batman 89, i dont think Joker killed bruce's parents, i hate when they do that, like Sandman in Sp3

Joker1237
outside of Joker killing Wayne's parents, he orgin of the toxic bath was pretty well keep to the comics. In this movie, they flip it upside down.

xNIXSONx
outside of Joker killing Wayne's parents, he orgin of the toxic bath was pretty well keep to the comics. In this movie, they flip it upside down.

you dont know that for a fact, what is known as a fact is that, at the end of Batman Begins, the Joker IS on the loose and his origins will be explained through flashbacks, you cant just take big assumptions like that.

if Nolan does change the origin, good for that, anything he does change has made it amazing, thank god he doesn't listen to fans as much as he does

Joker1237
You are being lead blindly when you think eveything he does change is "Good".

batdude123

sick

I hope that's not what he really looks like in the movie.

Joker1237
And its make up.

Get ready for a bummer of a movie in 2008.

atharpina
i really like how he just smears on the red smile over his scarred one...it makes it creepy AND it lets him leave a calling card other than his calling card (smeared smiles!!)

xNIXSONx
You are being lead blindly when you think eveything he does change is "Good".

no its you who is being 'blind'. atleast when i complain about Batman 89, i backed it up with some stuff atleast rather than JUST make big assumptions about a movie that will release literally, a year later from now.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
And its make up.

Get ready for a bummer of a movie in 2008.

Perhaps...But I'm not so sure that it is make up.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>