Samus Aran vs Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Ever since the days of Nintendo, the then-novice bounty hunter and the soon-to-be super ninja have been rivals.

And now, 20 years later...

The seasoned bounty hunter and the super ninja face off in a final battle for supremacy. To give neither person the advantage, the battle between these two will take place in Raccoon City.

All bets are off.

Bruce Leeroy
Wow. What an inresting thread. My knowledge about Hayabusa is limited, so I can't say for sure who wins. However, I will say this in Samus' behalf.

Samus

- has superhuman strength
- above human reflexes and agility due to suit
- has super human durability due to power suit
- Has a large array of devastating weapons at her disposal, all of which (I'm pretty sure) have unlimited ammo except for her homing Missles.

Xenogears
Ryu has fought an opponent similar to Samus Aran and owned it with ease.

Ryu wins.

Bruce Leeroy
How are they similar? Who was this person?

StyleTime
I'd like to know who did Hayabusa beat that was like Samus as well.

The fat guy on the airship definitely isn't a good comparison to Samus if that's who you meant.

TricksterPriest
How is this not spite? blink Hayabusa can't do jack to her and she's got more firepower than an army.

simonrob123
man this is dum no mortal can take on a super human (chick) in armed that has guns on it

MadMel
ridley can, and hes mortal roll eyes (sarcastic)
samus owns the hell outta ryu
the varia suit would null any haduken (spelling?) that ryu would fire, and her own firepower would completly obliterate him

Major Snafu
Originally posted by MadMel
ridley can, and hes mortal roll eyes (sarcastic)
samus owns the hell outta ryu
the varia suit would null any haduken (spelling?) that ryu would fire, and her own firepower would completly obliterate him

Wrong Ryu. I'm using Ryu Hayabusa for this match, not Capcom Ryu.

MadMel
oh ok laughing out loud
im still goin for samus

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How is this not spite? blink Hayabusa can't do jack to her and she's got more firepower than an army.

And, he's beaten an entire army before. . .

Superboy Prime
Samus FTW.

Although it all depends if Ryu's TDS could slice Samus's Arm Cannon off. If it can, and he is succesful doing it, Ryu's chances increase, vastly.

However more often than not Samus should win.

StyleTime
I agree. Samus should take this.

Zen2nd
Ryu could take Samus by surprise with some Ninpo attacks like firing giant fireballs at her. Though this all depends on what suit she is wearing too. Ryu would have to be constantly on the run and fire loads of Incendiary Shuriken at her and possible the odd Windmill Shuriken as well.

Ryu could also use his smoke bomb to get out of sticky situations. Though Samus does have infrared it gives Ryu that split second he needs to hide before she activates it.

Though through the whole match Samus has the upper hand.

Xenogears
Ryu slicing through a steel jet with the Dragon Sword.suBFY39P4Ps
Ryu destroying a similar aircraft with an energy attack.tX4JZp9hw1U
Ryu slicing a dragon that originated from magma with the Dragon Sword: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gJE_-Q_erN0

Combat skills.dp0ceBsYVDA
Combat skills.2tzE32lFS9Q
Ryu using the Dragon Sword at full power.2CWN7Lrz950

Ryu's battle against the Holy Vigoor Emperor: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-XQBz5xrRX4

Ryu defeating a cyborg with a fully upgraded plasma saber: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6hWOrZ8Lvfc

Seeing as all bets are off, Ryu can be armed with the Unlabored Flawlessness, the Dark Dragon Blade, or the Plasma Saber MK II.

Technically...if Ryu uses the blade to kill...nah..stick out tongue

And, this is what the Xbox version of the SCII opening would be had Ryu been included as a guest character.qr-FpSE74-w

Bruce Leeroy
That's a lot of videos.

But, whats your point? I mean, I get the videos showing hsi fighting prowess and stuff, but Samus suit is much stronger then steel, and, her suit is powerful enough for her to WALK around in Magma.

Xenogears
Err...Ryu slices enemies who originated from magma with a weakened Dragon Sword. I ask, what's your point?

Also if I recall, Samus's suit does not protect her against plasma-based weapons. The plasma oscillator on the MK II is tuned to the maximum.

Bruce Leeroy
Samus suit protects her from Magma itself.

So, yes. It does protect her from magma based attacks.

Xenogears
That was dumb. Nowhere did I mention magma based attacks in my post.

I pointed out that her suit does not protect her against plasma-based weapons, as she gets wounded by them. That makes sense seeing as plasma is considerably hotter than magma.

Ryu's plasma sword is hotter than an average lightsaber.

StyleTime
The SCII intro with Hayabusa was hilarious. Good shit Xenogears.

Xenogears
Thanks.

Emperor Ashtar
If Hayabusa has the MKII in his hands, he stands a chance.

Superboy Prime
I still think Ryu is the underdog, but he can definitely put up a match. He needs to keep his cool and close in the distance otherwise he will get bombarded with Samus' numerous offensive weapons.

Emperor Ashtar
Ryu's projectiles are useless in this match, there's no way Shurikens of any form are going to pierce Samuses Suit. Ninpo's can act as a very handy subsitution, but I doubt he can use it for prolonged distance fighting. Hayabusa's best intrest is to come in at close range.

Bruce Leeroy
Originally posted by Xenogears
That was dumb. Nowhere did I mention magma based attacks in my post.

yeah, sorry 'bout that. For some reason I read Magma not Plasma. I was tired.

You are correct. But that's irrelevent, really, as Ryu can be hurt by anything Samus has in her aresenal as well.

Proof? A link would be preferable.

Who else?
If Ryu can get in close, he's got this in the bag, Yo.

TricksterPriest
No, he doesn't. This match is spite. Samus's shields take abuse from things that Ryu could never handle. And Ryu can't survive Samus's arsenal.

Who else?
The same can be said for Ryu.

MadMel
Originally posted by Who else?
If Ryu can get in close, he's got this in the bag, Yo. yea right..hes not going to get past samus's grapple beam..even if the voltage doesnt kill him, it'll leave him wide open for missiles, the hyper beam etc..

Who else?
"IF" he gets close he will win though.

Bruce Leeroy
Will he? How do we know any of his things can even penetrate Samus' suit with his weapons?

However, if he gets in then yes, he has a much bigger chance at winning. I give Samus the majoirty, however.

Samus FTW 6/10 times.

MadMel
7.5/10 erm
btw the grapple argument that was dor if he DID get close, as the grapple beam has short range compared to her other weapons no expression

Xenogears
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No, he doesn't. This match is spite. Samus's shields take abuse from things that Ryu could never handle. And Ryu can't survive Samus's arsenal. Considering you know nothing Ryu handled before. laughing out loud

Ryu's energy attacks can obliterate steel aircrafts, so I'm sure those are enough to take down Samus's energy shields, considering the things it takes do that, anyway.

Ryu has already been up against tanks, super-charged blasts of energy from a cyborg, homing helicopter missiles and more. Samus's arsenal is nothing new to him.

Getting close a problem? No. Teleportation, not to mention Ryu's speed. In fact he's so fast that he leaves trails of afterimages behind him. The Plasma Saber Mk.II is the maxed out version of the Plasma Saber, a state-of-the art weapon that uses a magnetic field to contain a stream of superheated plasma. None of Samus's suits protects her against plasma-based weapons in her game.

shin_gear
Wow, wrong thread..

kwon_ji_hae
samus wins hands down her armor is strong as hell and plus she does have a plasma field difusser which gives her protection from plasma based weapons and her visor with all those sensors would allow her to detect ryu anywhere plus her insane amonut of fire power would allow her to own his ass

Csdabest
Ryu has be known to dodge projectiles and homing missles with ease. What makes this any different.

Ryu is crazy fast. Combine with teleportating Ryu would flicker on and off her scanner.Just adds to his mobility on the feild.

Ryu Sucks Sams soul out with the Kietsu. Since Canocaly it sucks out the souls of people around it. The user is voided from the effect witht he bracelet. Which ryu has in his possesson

Ryu shorts out her sheilds with Art of the inazuma shorting out her shields. Second blow killing her

Art of the inferno. Damaging to her sheilds greatly. With flames from the pits

Art of the Fire Wheel. Close range combat with fire base attacks.

Art of the Fire Dragon ball(keep forgetting its name)
Multiple hitting fire ball damaging her sheilds over and over againg breaking through and busting up her armor frying her

Art of the ice storm...Freezes her circuits.

Art of the Hurricane...I beleive she needs oxygen to breathe,. So her sheilds are not stopping the wind. So she gets sliced and diced with Art of the Hurricane

Now lets talk about some other stuff

Art of the Spirit Clone. Multiple "INVICIBLE" copies of ryu just as strong but cant be destroyed. Only until Ryu stamina runs out or Ryu dies. But i think hell die way before his stamina goes. Multiple clone copies beating the hell out of Samus. Multiple attacks from his weaponry.

Samus Sheild doesnt gaurd all. Why because in previous games blood splants on her visor which need to get wiped off. So i think her sheilds only bock energy weapons. So yeah. Back to whats in Ryu Aresnal

EMP Arrows. Short out Samus sheild and suit with an Eletrical Magenetic Pulse arrow.

Explosvie Arrow explosion. Damaging her sheilds and suit

High Explosive arrors. Damaging her suiot and sheilds even more..

Incindary Kunais- more explosion more damage

Kunai,Shurikens, and legendary Windmill shuriken...will possibily byper her sheilds since sheilds mainly block energy. The reason flesh dont go through because it hurts like a biatch...inorganic can pass through sheilds like swords and what not. So why cant his weapons that are none energy base not go through samus sheilds?

Csdabest
Also...Ryu uses Dark Dragon Blade and destroys everything. So yeah

kwon_ji_hae
this all depends on if he can get in close enough plus samus aint a dumbie she will definatly avoid and use couter measures to defeat his ranged weapons like shooting down emp arrows dodging fire balls etc once she gets a beat on this guy with any of her guns hes dead

Superboy Prime
When and where did Hayabusa use this multiple invincible clones technique? Sounds godly.

Csdabest
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword.(Beleive thats the title) Makes invicincible copies that wont basicly wont die till he dies. Or runs out of MP.

Kwon

Ryu Hayabusa is way faster and agile and can easily outmanuver Samus. With ease. Despite the fact he can just teleport behind her and blast her with an EMP arrow. Getting close to Samus is not a issue for Ryu

Blax_Hydralisk
Yes. because as we all know Samus has never fought a fast moving enemy before.

no expression

Violent2Dope
Ryu wins. I have a much greater respect for Ryu's powers now that I have been playing Ninja Gaiden. Flying Swallow ftw.

Csdabest
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

no expression

Yes, because we all know that Ryu has never fought gun weilding people before. dodge homing missles from a chopper, Dodge it gaitling guns, Incinerated chopers just by his chi blast touching a battleship instantly. Havent taken on multiple gun weilding enemies before. He dodge projectiles with utter ease. So Samus weaponry is not an issue. Unlesh she has a nuke. Does she have nuke?

The that case.

Samus Nuke ftw. oh she doesnt

Ryu Flying Swallow ftw

Keollyn

no expression

It's a known fact... Samus' feats don't exist in versus topics.

Blax_Hydralisk
Of course not. She uses a gun. Hence, she's weak. Swords > Guns and you know it Keollyn you silly fanboy/girl.

Csdabest
Ok. fine. tell What she is going to do aginst a group of Ryu hayabusa that cant be killed while Ryubusa is giggeling like an asian school girl off in the distance.?

Art of the Spirit Clone ftw(Phantom copies...gay name but i call it Art of the spirit Clone)

Blax_Hydralisk
To be rank, "invincible" clones sounds like a game mechanic, at best. Nothing is truly "invincible", and if it is it's usually non-threatening. I'd like to see these clones in action.

Csdabest
To be rank, "invincible" clones sounds like a game mechanic, at best. Nothing is truly "invincible", and if it is it's usually non-threatening. I'd like to see these clones in action.

Yes they are invincible. Not a game mechanic. Only way to be destroyed is to kill the real Ryubusa or untill he runs out of stamina and cant sustain them anymore. and Ryubusa Stamina is amazing. Kasumi,Ayane, and Rachel has deemed him. "The Marathon Man"

Blax_Hydralisk
Then show it in action.

Csdabest
Buy me a working SNES, a copy of Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword, all the equipment to record copy and broadcast, and sit with me explaining how to do it all and you got yourself a deal. I cant find no clips of it on youtube. But it is in the game.
And its invicinble. They die when RYu runs out of mp or dies and they die. There is no other source pointing it out.

Blax_Hydralisk
How about get off your lazy arse and search the internet? I'm not going to sit here and mindlessly just accept everything someone says, just because they insist it.

Csdabest
It on wikipedia. type in the game title. So do the same yourself and type it on the internet. Stop facts. Whats in the game is in the game. It has its narrow ways of beating it.

Also I can just as easily say i dont beleive Samus sheilds are as strong, That she can survive Magma. Oh my gosh. I dont even beleive that she has a suit. And she doesnt wear underwhere. Puh. Hell why dont I have to beleive you that her name is even samus. for all i know it could be samuel L. Jackson and you just dont want a game character you been drooling over for years to be a male. So you give him feminine traits and start calling Samuel Samus.

I can just as easily deny anything you say or anybody else. It easy to turn the blind cheek. So why do I have to put in the extra effort in playing and recording the game After i waist my money and time hunting down the stuff i need to show you. Cuz i already told you. Game gootage of the game is extremely rare if not existent. Specialy of one feature.

So accept it or decline it and just go look up the information yourself just to prove yourself wrong.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Csdabest

Also I can just as easily say i dont beleive Samus sheilds are as strong, That she can survive Magma. Oh my gosh. I dont even beleive that she has a suit. And she doesnt wear underwhere. Puh. Hell why dont I have to beleive you that her name is even samus. for all i know it could be samuel L. Jackson and you just dont want a game character you been drooling over for years to be a male. So you give him feminine traits and start calling Samuel Samus.

I can just as easily deny anything you say or anybody else. It easy to turn the blind cheek.
You're right. Feel free to do so, too, and I'll find official sources and information to beat your ass with. Go ahead and do it.

'cuz if you don't I can just call it a game mechanic and deem your entire argument null, unless you can prove it. And Wikipedia isn't a valid source due to the fact that it can be edited by anyone and most of it is written in the author's own interpretation of how things work/seem.

So? That hasn't stopped people before.

The burden of providing proof isn't on me, it's on you. So i don't need to do anything. But if you're not willing to go look for proof to back up your statements then fine. You're whole point is now null and irrelevent until proven otherwise.

Csdabest
It cant be deem just game mechanics since it the only source. Unless you want to pull it out of your "arse" that its simple game mechanics. To simply deny one of his abilities in your favor. He has the ability. It only wears off due to a lack of energy or the Real Ryubusa dies. Unless you want to provide proof proving he does not have the ability and that abilities doesnt have those attributes.

Your wrong and right about wikipedia. Though it can be changed it must have valid information proving the change. Dont beleif me. Go on their,register and account, and try to change some informatioon.

Also are you canadian?

Blax_Hydralisk
It cant be deem just game mechanics since it the only source. Unless you want to pull it out of your "arse" that its simple game mechanics. To simply deny one of his abilities in your favor. He has the ability. It only wears off due to a lack of energy or the Real Ryubusa dies. Unless you want to provide proof proving he does not have the ability and that abilities doesnt have those attributes.

I'm not saying he doesn't have the ability. My point is that "invincible" can mean a lot of things and some attributes of it could be game mechanics. That's why I wanted to see it actually be done.

I didn't say it wasn't valid, rather, said information is being expressed be a fallible third party person's point of view. That's why here on KMC Wikipedia isn't allowed to be used as a valid source of information in debates.

Nah, I'm Black and Mexican. I said "arse" instead of ass because I didn't want you to think I was trying to insult you or anything,

Csdabest
Lol. The Day I cry over name calling is the day I grow femine parts and I bleed for a week and dont die.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a1/Ninja_Gaiden_2_NES_ScreenShot1.png

Meh Cant find game footage, i just found a still pic.

But the description and all descriptons along with personal experience is I have came across Describe it as. The weapons and projectiles simply move through the clone. It basicly a ghost you cant hurt but it can hurt you. The most you can summon is 2. But thats the way the ability was made.The only way to get past it is to kill the Real Ryubusa

Blax_Hydralisk
m'kay, so they're essentially illusions that can become tangible and intangible to the point were they can hurt you but are pretty much impervious to any physical attacks.

That's impressive, but I don't see how that would equate to being able to fend off Samus' abilities. Many of her beams, for example, have special properties to them.

shin_gear
Ryu's speed + teleportation + reaction time + Plasma Saber ftw.

And Hayabusa can resurrect up to three times with Talismans of Rebirth. 13

Blax_Hydralisk
Eh, he can resurrect all he wants.. but he'll just be back with holes in his body super13

shin_gear
He resurrects without holes in his body. Plus he has potions.

Blax_Hydralisk
How does someone carry all that sh*t on there body all at the same time?

shin_gear
They get smaller once they get into his pockets, like how Link carries his swords, potions, bows, dogfood

Blax_Hydralisk
That also makes no sense.

Csdabest
Magic is not suppose to make sense. And what special properties does Samus gun have. Can it shoot nukes. ifc it cant its USLESS>

shin_gear
Samus should win this 6.5-7/10 because she's just too popular....and because she's better. She has more firepower than...AN ARMY.

Csdabest
Ryu pwns Armies for his early morning stretches. Then pwns demonic armies for his trainning. Then pwns Greater fiends for his intense trainning. And kills Devil Incarnate beings when he gets tired of messing around. We havent seen him when he is serious yet. We will in Ninja Gaiden II. And yes...there will be blood MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

shin_gear
Ryu pwns Armies for his early morning stretches.Lmao, loved that one. thumb up

Then pwns demonic armies for his trainning.Yep.

Then pwns Greater fiends for his intense trainning.Perty much.

And kills Devil Incarnate beings when he gets tired of messing around.Yep, he fought the Devil Incarnate twice. 13

We havent seen him when he is serious yet.I think we have. He was pretty serious attacking Doku in the Hayabusa village, and the Emperor's second form, though yeah, he's going to pull off more impressive things in NGII (his ultimate attacks with the new weapons are nasty).

We will in Ninja Gaiden II. And yes...there will be blood MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA And more gore....ya freaking slice people's bodies in two!

Csdabest
Dude i love how you slice limbs. And they still try to kill you. I blushed when i first saw the demo

shin_gear
Didn't see that part....where the FVCK did you see that? eek!

Csdabest
From what I see it happen twice. The first time was in the beginning where he lost that huge chunck of health. He cut of someones leg and then pull out a greade or incindinary kunai tackled you down by the legs and stabbed himself or ryu with it and it exploded killing him taking a huge amount of health.

in the third fight one of the ninja got their arm cut of and was still slicing at ryu for like 5 second then fell over and died from blood loss. It was crazy

Violent2Dope
It on wikipedia. type in the game title. So do the same yourself and type it on the internet. Stop facts. Whats in the game is in the game. It has its narrow ways of beating it.

I can just as easily deny anything you say or anybody else. It easy to turn the blind cheek. So why do I have to put in the extra effort in playing and recording the game After i waist my money and time hunting down the stuff i need to show you. Cuz i already told you. Game gootage of the game is extremely rare if not existent. Specialy of one feature.

So accept it or decline it and just go look up the information yourself just to prove yourself wrong. Lol this was funny. Ryu's TDS can easily kill Samus. Or are Samus' shields>a deity who has existed since the beginning of time, who wields the DDB? Ryu flying swallow ftw. Samus goes down.

Csdabest
Samus is cannon fodder. ALl gun weilders who dont have nukes are canon fodder

Violent2Dope
Samus is cannon fodder. ALl gun weilders who dont have nukes are canon fodder Revolver Ocelot could beat him. yes

Csdabest
Does he have a nuke?

Keollyn
Samus losing to Ryu is something beyond funny. But as I said, Samus doesn't really have any feats while in the midst of a versus topic. She's just a woman in a suit.

Csdabest
^^^ You making that statement not havning any idea how strong and what Ryubusa can do is funny.

Csdabest
Oh and I am a Metroid fan. I still unlike my old school ninja Gaiden games. I still have all of Metroid games there is. Even the Japanese special edition that was never released in the states. And im quite well informed in all of her feats and abilities. Im pretty sude she goes down. hard. Because like I said. Whats to stop her from getting soul sucked out? What is she goig to do aginst two spirit clones that cant be killed. What is she going to do if Ryu uses the Dark Dragon Blade and rips apart the planet as the devil incarnate. Ryu has reversals for just about everythin gsamus can throw at him. HE HA SDODGE JUST ABOUT EVERY PROJECTILE THERE IS. With ease. Of course why. because if canon wise he were to be hit he would be dead.

Dodging aircraft gaitling guns,homing missles, missles, machine gun fire, hand guns fire, Ion/proton/light ray cannons. Kunais, shurikens, arrows, What will be the difference here. Ryu has showed no slowing down in speed. So why wont he dodge Around Samus. Teleport around samus. Ryu will outmanuver and bust through his sheilds. Via Spirit Ball or Kamameha Hadoken blastin his doa ending and promo.

shin_gear
Originally posted by Keollyn
Samus losing to Ryu is something beyond funny. But as I said, Samus doesn't really have any feats while in the midst of a versus topic. She's just a woman in a suit. Samus being unkillable by a Plasma Saber is funny. Also you probably have not played Ninja Gaiden before and saw what Ryu has actually faced. Samus is an opponent Ryu would have beaten in the 8th chapter of a game comprised of 16 chapters.

Keollyn
I'm well aware of who Ryu is, and what he's capable of.

Csdabest
Obviously not. If you think its soo funny

kwon_ji_hae
samus can win she has fuoght fast moving enemies even ones that can teleport amd fly just play metriod prime 1 2 and 3 secondly samus is the galaxies best bounty hunter,if she were to fight him she would most likely use stealth to her advantage being the best bounty hunter ever she would use her cannon to snipe him from long range just 1 direct hit and hes dead

Keollyn
Yeah, I'm a great deal in the know, and still laughing my ass off.

Csdabest
Doubt it. But what ever rides your train.

Keollyn
Good job Oracle. Now can you tell me what lottery number I should play?

Csdabest
That made about as much sense as the war in iraq

shin_gear
Lulz.

Blax_Hydralisk
The war in Iraq makes plenty of sense.

shin_gear
Originally posted by shin_gear
Lulz.

Keollyn
That made about as much sense as the war in iraq

Let me decifer it for you (since coherent sentences are't enough)

"Good job Oracle"

Good job signifies a congratulatory statement denounced from someone doing something well or appreciated.

Oracle is a person with prophetic knowledge. A prophet is someone with divine wisdom, usually treated as a mouthpiece for God.

This sentence was brought about by the simple fact that Csdabest, the mega illiterate, appears to have this knowledge that I haven't played Ninja Gaiden. Therefore, I congratulate this KMC Oracle for knowing information even I don't know.

"Now can you tell me what lottery number I should play?"

Given that Csdabest is an oracle, this question was derived from the fact that I would love for such a prophet to tell me which numbers I should play in the lotto... in hopes of winning it big.

P.S. How can one who have knowledge from high above not understand a question so... clear. Could it be an inability to read?

Csdabest
Let me decifer it for you (since coherent sentences are't enough)

"Good job Oracle"

Good job signifies a congratulatory statement denounced from someone doing something well or appreciated.

Oracle is a person with prophetic knowledge. A prophet is someone with divine wisdom, usually treated as a mouthpiece for God.

This sentence was brought about by the simple fact that Csdabest, the mega illiterate, appears to have this knowledge that I haven't played Ninja Gaiden. Therefore, I congratulate this KMC Oracle for knowing information even I don't know.

"Now can you tell me what lottery number I should play?"

Given that Csdabest is an oracle, this question was derived from the fact that I would love for such a prophet to tell me which numbers I should play in the lotto... in hopes of winning it big.

P.S. How can one who have knowledge from high above not understand a question so... clear. Could it be an inability to read?

I made my state because you have shown a lack of knowlege not giving no evidence to your claim. Of why Samus would win and why Ryubusa winning is very laughable. You have neglected my previous arguments and have said nothing about my arguments with Ryu techniques beating Samus. You have neglected the fact that Ryu, is far superior in speed and manuvering abilites with teleporting and flat out speed. You have neglected powers of each weapon such as Kietsu sucking out Samus soul. Samus has no defense aginst that what so ever. You have neglected the old Ninja Gaiden titles where evidence comes from. So if neglect almost all arguments and evicdence brought up about a character and just go. Oh im well fluent in the knowlege. Then of course someone will think your BSING the whole I know who he is and what he is Capaable of. That does not translate into actually playing the game and learning from yourself. Thats sound like you hearethe information from another. So if you get your information from another with out confirming. Politicaly speaking and its a proving statement. One is lacking information. Even though he knows the common information. If the person does not check the information and confirm its truth. He does not know much about the subject. Which you obviously do not with the subject being Ryu.

Now. Which brings me too much next subject. Pointing out someone is ilierate on the internet, along with the grammar usage proves nothing but you own ignorance in judging someone by ones actions online. Mainly in an informal enviorment. So bringing up im a iliterate is very ignorant of yourself.

And which brings me to my next point. Thank you for being soo nice to Spell check your paragraphs for me. It makes me feel special. Almost made me blush

kwon_ji_hae
oricals iraq?? lottery?? WTF?? people stay on topic no off topic posting

Cosmic Cube
Samus's true defense is a force-field powered by her energy tanks, not merely the material of the power suit itself.

Ryu's durability should be a big concern for his supporters.

judgement hand
OMG sado has returned!

as for the fight, IT'S IZUNA TIME!!!!!

HAIL IZUNA

Sado-sama
Umm...ok (@ Judgement Hand)

As for Samus' shields...9LpTk6OLV8AConsidering what it takes to take out the shields, Samus' shields should be no problem. Also I'd like to see Samus' suits or shields withstanding plasma swords since most likely she'll not survive the wrath of Ryu's Plasma Saber Mk.II. As shown in the video bullets/missiles are not a problem to this guy. Ryu has remarkable speed and teleportation by the way.

Blax_Hydralisk
Her shields can withstand being bathed in corrosive acid with ease, as well as plasma weapons and the like.

Actually, with fully upgraded armor Samus can stand in one spot and soak up a space pirates attacks for several minutes.

Csdabest
lol When did they stand against plasma. And when it comes to burning capabilities.

Plasma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Acid

And their is different types of acid that burns through different things. I never recalled Acid being able to burn through energy. His fully upgradable plasma sword would dice her. And energy versus chi. Ryubusa chi blast would decimate her with ease. Their is no comparison. If ryu's chi blast doesnt do it. His chi beam would definetly do it.

I would consider Ryubusa chi beam to be like a mini Ion cannon

Blax_Hydralisk
Some of the space pirate's weapons are plasma based. Also, some of her rival hunters have plasma based weapons.

Csdabest
Plasma based does not equal actual Plasma. Plasma is considerabely weaker and not as hot as actual plasma weapons. Its more controllable but not nearly as hot or strong. Ryu weapon is actualy plasma controlled by magnetic fields...there is a different.

Keollyn
Samus would fall asleep and wake back up to find out that Ryu is STILL attempting to hack through her.

Csdabest
Keollyn. I was thinking about running a Gaming Comedy show on Youtube. I want you to have a segment. because the stuff you say Cracks me up

Keollyn
It's not hard to be funny and right at the same time. Even you can do it.

Sado-sama
I seriously hope we're not using gameplay mechanics to prove why Samus would survive getting melted through by a plasma saber while simply lose health points, otherwise Ryu can walk around in lava while losing a few health points at a time. erm

Keollyn
What the hell are you talking about?

Violent2Dope
Ryu wins, that's what I'm talkin bout.

Keollyn
You forgot to add "Ryu wins when Samus forfeits from boredom"

ESB -1138
What Samus are we talking about? Prime? Fusion? Super? Zero Mission? Hunters? Echoes? Corruption?

Keollyn
A rule of thumb is that, unless specified, the current version of the character is to be used.

ESB -1138
So Fusion Samus?

Violent2Dope
You forgot to add "Ryu wins when Samus forfeits from boredom" Ryu can easily cut Samus. With either the Plasma Saber MK. II or the TDS.

Keollyn
Originally posted by ESB -1138
So Fusion Samus?

That's the one I'm using. Though it seems a bit overkill...

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Ryu can easily cut Samus. With either the Plasma Saber MK. II or the TDS.

Lol, no he can't. I'm hardpressed to see how he's getting past Space Pirate's armor.. but Samus?

Stop with the joke forum. Samus is not the example of "Women are weak"

kwon_ji_hae
you guys fail to see that samus armor is not some weak metal ok plus her shields give her an added boost in protection just cuase he can cut threw a few inches of aluminum airplane metal doesnt mean he can cut threw a freaking tank or any thing that has armor made to withstand almost any amount of punishment

Blax_Hydralisk
Stop with the joke forum. Samus is not the example of "Women are weak"

Yeah that's what Naruto's for no expression

But seriously I say again the only way Hayabusa's winning is with his nimpo.

Violent2Dope
Lol, no he can't. I'm hardpressed to see how he's getting past Space Pirate's armor.. but Samus?

Stop with the joke forum. Samus is not the example of "Women are weak" He has a friggin lightsaber dude, that's what the Plasma Saber MK. II is. Samus is not invulnerable. The TDS is an ancient sword of immense power that rivals the DEVIL INCARNATE himself. He used it to defeat Vigoor, who could split the planet in half without DDB, and Vigoor while fighting Ryu had the DDB, which made Vigoor the Devil Incarnate.

2. Where did this come from?

Superboy Prime
Hayabusa is now inflicted with the V2D syndrome.

God help us all.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Hayabusa is now inflicted with the V2D syndrome.

God help us all. I spread even faster than AIDS. evil face

Blax_Hydralisk
Shall I break out the "You're a virus and Lana is the cure" speech?

Keollyn
He has a friggin lightsaber dude,

Big, fcuking, woop. Proton sabers are essentially that same crap. That doesn't a damn thing but annoys her now.

Then it's proving quite ineffective.

Of course not. But Ryu isn't at the level needed to make Samus vulnerable. Duh!

Pic of splitting the planet or the relevance of this is quite lost.

I mean, if you seriously are trying to imply planet destroying capabilities in the realm of possibility here, there needs to be proof of this or it's rather damn unnecessary mentioning it.

Sephiroth, Dante, and now Ryu are on the list of people beating Samus. Still haven't gotten how they're doing this, but apparently they can.

Violent2Dope
Ryu cannot bust a planet, no. Also, what is a proton saber again? You do know what plasma is right? It's the shit that makes up the sun. Can Samus survive the sun?

Csdabest
Can someone please Explain to me how Samus is even going to touched Ryubusa with his speed and teleportation. Now one has said anything about how Samus is going to "Shoot" Ryubusa. Which seems damn near impossible witht he stuff he has dodged.

Photon is not Plasama. Photon is light. Plasma is superheated energy. or a superheated liquid that equals the surface temperature of the sun. Only way it can be contaned is by an energy field or a magnetic feild. The plamsa would put Samus Shield to shame.

Ryubusa is way beyond the level of beating samus. With Ninpo and his weapons. D.Blade not ddb but the D.blade can release a huge wave of energy. That woukld take down her sheilds.

The TDS has unfathomble Spiritial energy and power. More enery attacks. takes down her sheild.

Kietsu. Steals peoples souls and drains peoples soul from around it. Canoicly. So what does samus do to stop her from getting her soul sucked out?

Warhammer Sucks.

Virgorian Flais. Maybe hack and beat away at her sheilds with the magicaly exnchanted nunchucks of death.

DDB rips the planet apart and destroys Samus. DDB is basicly a instant win unless facing a cosmic Being. What we have is a weapon that transforms someone basicly into the devil. Giving him the devils powers. if vigorian empeorer ripped the planet apart(segment) and turn it into a living hell w/o the DDB. The DDB powers are said to be beyond that.

TDS is suppose to rival and be more than a match. And I bet Ryubusa didnt even unlock the full potential of the TDSpowers.

Then he has his ninpo. All will damage her shields and maybe her armor. 2 with the power to decimate her completely. Which is the chi ball and beam we saw in DOA 4.

Samus shoots beams, missles, and flame throwers. All ryubusa has dodge. Ryubusa who has never been shot and have dodge things faster than Samus's arsenal. So how is Samus going to shoot Ryubusa.?

Sado-sama
Wow, plasma saber going to prove inneffective against Samus. Let's use similar logic and say none of Samus' arsenal will prove effective against Ryu as he's faced it before and will not get harmed, no matter what the cause. no expression

Fanboys will not accept the fact that their characters do have a chance to die in battles. Instead of complaining why the opposing character has something that could kill your liked character, why don't you state how likely it is for both characters to win and acknowledge the fact that they both have what it takes to kill each other.

My opinion: Ryu 55% at the least with the PSMk.II. Again, just my opinion.

kwon_ji_hae
WTF dude give me proof where the hell ryu hayabusa gets a power to destroy a planet ryu aint that damn strong he is not on the planet killer level wtf?

Sado-sama
Indeed, he does not ever get the power to destroy a planet (I should have mentioned this earlier, but planet busters are technically not stronger than ones who aren't in every case but in a number of cases for obvious reasons. This is almost like the characters who have ki are stronger than ones who don't logic) though with the Dark Dragon Blade, anyone, including Ryu Hayabusa, Zack Fair, Tarzan etc. will tranform into a being that is one with the Dark Dragon (a being who's been increasing in power since the dawn of history, and to put it simply the best demonstrated feat of the Devil Incarnate is literally turning a vast garden into a hellish environment by merely getting on two legs...that all is shown in the scene before Ryu's fight with the Emperor).

Although I'm just about sick of saying this I'll say it once more...do not give Ryu the Dark Dragon Blade. It's a pain the ass to argue and it leads to conflicts. Ryu is cool with any other weapon (now if there is a version of Ryu where he's the Devil Incarnate in the game, that would be some tight shit, and that's something I want Team Ninja to consider instead of making Hayabusa appear in that same black Ninja Gaiden costume since 2004. He's probably as smelly as Street Fighter Ryu now).

I've posted my thoughts in this btw. happy

Csdabest
Yeah and If you read every file. You will learn that the Devil Incarnate is a planet buster. He will destroy the planet. Ryu himself does not have the power to destroy the planet. But if he gets the Dark Dragon Blade. He could with the powers of the devil. Hence being turned into The Devil incarnate.

I dont like him having DDB. Because i hate arguing with it aswell.

kwon_ji_hae
i mean if you give ryu the dragon blade all of those ryu vs fourms are useless cuase if he can muster the power to blow up a planet death star style then who the ****s gona stop him from killing anybody

Sado-sama
...The Devil Incarnate can devastate the world, definitely, over time. You consider every region there is in the world and the D.I. can literally turn every region into a raging barren wasteland by being present, but such an ability has not been used on an opponent...though indeed, it does display the power that the D.I. has, who can put that power into use in battles.

But unlike some diehard fans out there, I'm going to post the proof of the D.I. doing just that.hXmi-5LosMA---

The D.I.'s most useful tactics are: beams, teleportation, flight, high durability, and the ability to summon the Dark Dragon from the blade, which, in the blade is a soul, as explained in the intro where it says the blade's evil is made possible by the soul of the Dark Dragon dwelling in it. That soul simply comes and takes your's away if you have one. One blow from the blade disintegrated a human and broke the regular Dragon Sword, and where I said the D.I. turned a vast garden into a barren wasteland, that was directly the result of the power contained in the blade.

As I said Ryu does not have this weapon (screw the topic starter 131) he can use any other weapon.

Csdabest
I wish the regular Ryuken got a dragon spirit that would come out and mess you up.

Sado-sama
I made an edit. lolfox

Keollyn
Ryu cannot bust a planet, no.

So this was rather pointless an addition, eh?

Proton scythes actually. If you don't know what proton is, you might want to make use of google.

Ionized gas.... anyone with basic physics know this.

So is 99% of the universe... your point?

Why? She needs to? Is Ryu throwing a sun at Samus?

Csdabest
I just saw another feat of the True Dragon Blade. It can cut through pure energy emmited from the Vigorian Emperor

Sado-sama
Well right now just for laughs...Ryu Hayabusa vs. Muramasa! laughingk0oHtXeHYgI---

Right now I'm looking for the scan where it shows the PSMk.II on the weapons menu, where it describes in detail what it is.

Sado-sama
Alright, here's the scan. I found it after image googling "plasma saber ninja".

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/482221/images/saber.jpg

Sado-sama
mad

Superboy Prime
*Yawn*

I am beginning to hate Hayabusa.

Csdabest
Meh...you'll hate him even more after Ninja Gaiden II. Since everything gets upgraded and gets a whole bunch of new shit. And gets faster. But yeah.

Violent2Dope
So this was rather pointless an addition, eh?

Proton scythes actually. If you don't know what proton is, you might want to make use of google.

Ionized gas.... anyone with basic physics know this.

So is 99% of the universe... your point?

Why? She needs to? Is Ryu throwing a sun at Samus? 1. Just saying he beat them.

2. Oh, the scythes the pirates use. Yeah dude...Proton is nothing on plasma.

3. Yepperz, burns right thru Samus.

4. It burns thru her.

5. No, he's hacking off he arm with a lightsaber.

Also, what is Samus' best durability feat?

Blax_Hydralisk
Standing in one spot and getting shot continuously by plasma/energy weapons for multiple minutes and not dying?

Violent2Dope
Standing in one spot and getting shot continuously by plasma/energy weapons for multiple minutes and not dying? Gimme a non-GAMEPLAY feat.

Csdabest
I love the gameplay feats. If thats the case. Ryu can take slices from the Dark Dragon Blade a blade that dicintergrates people into nothing.

Sado-sama
Yes, non-gameplay feats is what I asked for, because Link cannot survive getting swiped at the neck just because he can in his little game. crylaugh

Fire Ninja
Samus wins, Hayabusa's chances of getting close to her are slim and she has enough fire power to one shot him.

Csdabest
Again. How is he going to shoot him when Ryubusa has dodge fire faster than what Samus has had in her arsenal

Fire Ninja
Again. How is he going to shoot him when Ryubusa has dodge fire faster than what Samus has had in her arsenal

By constantly firing, It's not like he can dodge forever.

Csdabest
Ryu can teleport. He dodge multiple helicopter gaitling gun fire which is wtf crazyfast. He got in close enough and destroyed them. Whats the difference? And Samus Sheilds wont protect her. Specialy since the Ryuken(True Dragon Sword) cuts through pure energy. The energy emited from A partialy devil incarnated Vig Emperor.

He also dodge turrets through out the entire game from set turrests and tank turrets. whiole dodging machine gun fire from multiple troops. Some Im prettyu sure Ryubusa will have no problem dodging one person shooting and will get closer. Close enough to deal his damage and come out victorious

Fire Ninja
Ryu can teleport.

He has a start up and recovery though. Samus could hit him during that time, his teleport is not like say Kasumi's.

He dodge multiple helicopter gaitling gun fire which is wtf crazyfast. He got in close enough and destroyed them. Whats the difference? And Samus Sheilds wont protect her.

Except that those helicopters do not even come close to the amount of fire power Samus has. Furthermore, Samus has super speed as well, more so then Busa'

Specialy since the Ryuken(True Dragon Sword) cuts through pure energy. The energy emited from A partialy devil incarnated Vig Emperor.

Ryuken is a plot device.

He also dodge turrets through out the entire game from set turrests and tank turrets. whiole dodging machine gun fire from multiple troops. Some Im prettyu sure Ryubusa will have no problem dodging one person shooting and will get closer. Close enough to deal his damage and come out victorious

With difficulty though, it's not like he does it easy. Furthermore, Samus has Super Speed as well.

Csdabest
Originally posted by Fire Ninja
He has a start up and recovery though. Samus could hit him during that time, his teleport is not like say Kasumi's.

Except that those helicopters do not even come close to the amount of fire power Samus has. Furthermore, Samus has super speed as well, more so then Busa'

Ryuken is a plot device.

With difficulty though, it's not like he does it easy. Furthermore, Samus has Super Speed as well.

1) game Mechanic to give balance tot he attack.

2)In her Ball form. I havent seen no superspeed from her outside of ball form from her. And I have most if not all Metroid games.

3.)Your point. he still has it. Samus suit is a plot device. And half of her armor feats are plot devices. Ryuken is his sword. He doesnt have to be good at it. Give a sniper a sniper rifle he'll make use of it. Give a baby a sniper rifle. You'll have a comercial of gun saftey with children.

4) If he didnt do it easy. He would have been hit by now. So we can only assume that since he does it easy. That he doesnt get hit. He hasnt been shot yet so we can only assume.

Fire Ninja
1) game Mechanic to give balance tot he attack.

2)In her Ball form. I havent seen no superspeed from her outside of ball form from her. And I have most if not all Metroid games.

3.)Your point. he still has it. Samus suit is a plot device. And half of her armor feats are plot devices. Ryuken is his sword. He doesnt have to be good at it. Give a sniper a sniper rifle he'll make use of it. Give a baby a sniper rifle. You'll have a comercial of gun saftey with children.

4) If he didnt do it easy. He would have been hit by now. So we can only assume that since he does it easy. That he doesnt get hit. He hasnt been shot yet so we can only assume.

1) What is this based on, I have never seen Hayabusa perform a teleport with zero recovery time or start up time. If your claiming it's a game mechanic, I'd like to see some evidence proving so.

2) So, her speed booster is not super speed?

3)My point Samus isn't gonna job for the sake of plot like Vigor did. erm
What exactly does the "True Dragon Sword" do, besides glow?

4) Except that most of your examples are in game, where we can not tell what occured or did not. And, he has been hit by Alma & Doku.

Csdabest
1)Ninja Gaiden's Ending and a few cutscenes. While performing Inzuna Drop in the game. He tosses the person high in the air teleports and grabs slamming them in the ground. I dont see no recovery time.

2)Is that her speed that she can keep up with no rest or recharge time. Or is it just that. a Booster for temperary use.

3)Give emence spiritial Power. An attack difference. New moves. More spirital power. Gives the ability to cut through ghost. It has shown the ability to cut through energy. So Samus sheilds wont stand up aginst that. Able to go toe 2 toe with the Dark Dragon Blade. A Blade with enough power to rip apart the earth and obliterate beings with a slice. And it full potential have not yet been seen. Most likely and hopefully we will se more from it during Dragon Sword and Ninja Gaiden II

4) If you havent realized Doku and Alma Alma especialy are still fast. Close range combat gives you less time to react and counter. Alma is faster than Ryubusa though. Ryu won from pure skill. And we can asume Ryu didnt get hit. Except from the beginning of The game. If Ryu were to get hit. He would most likely be dead. Same goes for bullets. He would be rather severly injured or dead.

Csdabest
Now what is Samus going to do about two spirit clones that are immortal and the only way to kill them is to kill the Real Ryu hayabusa.

Fire Ninja
1)Ninja Gaiden's Ending and a few cutscenes.

Which specific cut scenes are you referencing too, because there are many in Ninja Gaiden? His ending, you mean the one where it takes one whole second if not more to cast the spell too disappear?

While performing Inzuna Drop in the game. He tosses the person high in the air teleports and grabs slamming them in the ground. I dont see no recovery time.

Because it's a follow up attack, what type of recovery would exist if he 's using his momentum to follow up an attack? It has a start up time, though.

2)Is that her speed that she can keep up with no rest or recharge time. Or is it just that. a Booster for temperary use.

It does not have to be permanent, since it will not take long to finish up Hayabusa at that speed. One shot and he's cripple, one more and he's dead.

3)Give emence spiritial Power. An attack difference. New moves. More spirital power. Gives the ability to cut through ghost. It has shown the ability to cut through energy

-"Emence Spiritual power" is Hyperbole.
-None of his new moves are granted because of the blade
-What spiritual power did he have to begin with?
-You can hit "Ghost" with any weapon, it's not a feature exclusive to the "True Dragon Blade"
-What energy did it cut through?

Able to go toe 2 toe with the Dark Dragon Blade. A Blade with enough power to rip apart the earth and obliterate beings with a slice. And it full potential have not yet been seen. Most likely and hopefully we will se more from it during Dragon Sword and Ninja Gaiden II

Because it's a plot device and NES Ninja Gaiden isn't part of the New Ninja Gaidens canon.

4) If you havent realized Doku and Alma Alma especialy are still fast. Close range combat gives you less time to react and counter.

But, Samus with Super Speed will not be able to counter at that range?

Alma is faster than Ryubusa though. Ryu won from pure skill. And we can asume Ryu didnt get hit. Except from the beginning of The game.

If Ryu were to get hit. He would most likely be dead. Same goes for bullets. He would be rather severly injured or dead.

Except, that he was hit by Alma seeing that during their first encounter it was a Stalemate. Busa' was on one knee and the narration stated that there was no winner, So, it's safe to assume that he was hit. He won the rest of their encounters with the plot device blade.

He would be rather severly injured or dead.

Even though he has potions and Tallismen of Rebirths?

Keollyn
I swear.... this is as simple as a power bomb drop and it's done. This is dragging on unnecessarily.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>