Are You More DC biast, Marvel Biast, or are you a 3rd Party!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Redatom65
Are you more of a DC fan? Or do you prefer the down to earth 616 MU. Or do you prefer comic companies like Archie, and Image, and Wildstorm(i know it's owned by DC now)

Jebus reborn
Definately Archie bias.

Redatom65
I figured as much, it shows through your sig ermmgay

Evil_Ash
I hate Comics altogether. no expression

Blair Wind
Used to be Marvel, turned DC, and lately Ive just been reading whatever interests me erm. But I gotta say its probably a little more on the DC side of things

King KAM
Marvel Biased...not my fault they have better stories?

Though my 5 favorite books arent all marvel.

Fables,Invcible,Conan,Ultimates,Captain America

TricksterPriest
I admit it. I'm pretty heavily tilted towards DC. I try to be evenhanded, but I grew up with DC comics. srug My dad got me into it. big grin He let me read all his old flash comics. When I was 8, he bought me a 'greatest Flash stories ever told' anthology. So yeah, I've got a DC bias. But I come by it naturally. stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
When I was 8, he bought me a 'greatest Flash stories ever told' anthology.

Last year? ermmnone

guy222
Originally posted by Redatom65
Are you more of a DC fan? Or do you prefer the down to earth 616 MU. Or do you prefer comic companies like Archie, and Image, and Wildstorm(i know it's owned by DC now)

Guy loves Marvel. I have my DC faves

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Last year? ermmnone

I'm 21, bastich. stick out tongue

Creshosk
I created a respect thread for a DC character, but have participated more in one for a Marvel Character.

Technically my favorite comic book character is from Marvel. But I wouldn't say I'm biased. I like my favorite because of her character, not her power.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm 21, bastich. stick out tongue

Your older than me? ermmgay

Creshosk
Your older than me? ermmgay So you're my younger brother?

Nikkolas
I like a select few of DC characters.

Beyond them, I am biased more to Marvel.

tkitna
I like both companies, but I have always bought and owned much more Marvel.

NoFate007
The DCAU puts me over to the DC side if I had to pick. There are things I like and dislike about both sides.

DC Pros:
Batman
Justice League seems to be far more effective and interesting to me than Avengers

DC Cons:
They don't keep up with the times as much
Less gritty and realistic
Sometimes overpowered and more prone to shifty power scales.

Marvel Pros:
Realistic and gritty
Revamping some ideas and changing when necessary

Marvel Cons:
More potential for organization, though less organized, like how the X-Men could be very organized but they have 10000 different teams and line ups.
Lack of "star power", in that a lot of their characters like Thor and Dr. Strange are very "like them or hate them".
Sometimes, not powerful enough, and they have the horrible Class 100 system which is almost useless.

Overall, if they could combine their efforts, that'd be a dream, but that'll never happen, so for now, I'm a little more biased towards DC, and a lot of that has to do with the DCAU. The JLU cartoon alone was able to familiarize a lot of people with more characters than before, like The Question, Vixen, and so forth. Plus if you compare 52 to Civil War, Marvel just took a shot to the face.

Jebus reborn
Your older than me? ermmgay Hard to believe he's older than xmeat...

Martian_mind
Ha.

Endless Mike
Well I like many characters from both companies as well as independent companies

Symmetric Chaos
I tend towards DC. The 616MU has never really facinated me for some reason although I love a lot of the stuff from UltMarvel.

I read some Indie stuff and a bit of Manga but DC is still the majority of the comics I read.

llagrok
Originally posted by tkitna
I like both companies, but I have always bought and owned much more Marvel.

Co-sign.

Big Sexy
I like anything that interests me. I'll buy more of one company if something important is going down. The only comic that I consistently buy is Spawn though. Its been that way for about four years now.

Alfheim
I prefer Marvel but if its good i'll buy it. I think im really street leveler biased I have alot of Batman and some Azrael comics as well part from that I think DC can suck kind hard.

grey fox
Anything that Interests me really...

ExodusCloak
Why does it always have to come to this. Anyway I enjoy good writing, and hate practically everything Chris Claremont wrote recently.

Alfheim
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Why does it always have to come to this. Anyway I enjoy good writing, and hate practically everything Chris Claremont wrote recently.

Because sometimes DC can suck so hard its amazing.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alfheim
Because sometimes DC can suck so hard its amazing.

eek! (DarkCrawler's gay?)

tjcoady
I grew up with Marvel, and most of my most beloved comic book characters are from them (Doc Strange, the Surfer). But DC's Vertigo line (mainly Hellblazer), and, in terms of superheroes, Green Arrow and Batman have always been big draws for me. But Wildstorm, particularly Planetary and the Authority are huge faves too.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
eek! (DarkCrawler's gay?)

That was actually quite witty. Nice one.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Hard to believe he's older than xmeat...
Made me think of this quote...
Originally posted by harri
shutup you idiot juggs thougt i was 13-14 well im 10 so shutup idiot crylaugh

WrathfulDwarf
All you guys know me by now. I'm 100% bias!

That's right! I complete hate every thing Amalgam Comics produces.

I hate Amalgam comics.

DC Loyalist forever!313

Galan007
Originally posted by Redatom65
Are you more of a DC fan? Or do you prefer the down to earth 616 MU. Or do you prefer comic companies like Archie, and Image, and Wildstorm(i know it's owned by DC now) I like DC a lot more, but I never try to let my DC side get in the way of debates concerning Marvel and DC characters.

I like to stay neutral where that's concerned. smile

Juntai
I like characters in both companies and collect books from both comapnies, so I don't neccisarily consider myself biast towards one, however I have been reading DC longer, and know a lot more about it.

Validus
I would say Wildstorm but I suppose I should pick a company that actually releases comics. sad

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
I would say Wildstorm but I suppose I should pick a company that actually releases comics. sad I collect a couple of those as well. I just hope they get WIldcats rolling soon. In the meantime, I have been collecting Midnighter/Grifter mini.

Grimm22
It depends

I'll become DC Bias when I get really pissed off at Marvel for doing something really stupid, but most of the time i'm a moderate when it comes to the two

Redatom65
Grew up a marvel boy, I was a huge avid fan of The X-men for years. Always taking slight interests intoother MU things, eventually stemming out to Cosmic Marvel. Always read Superman, but I didn't read other DC titles till I became a fan of Captain Atom. So at the moment, and for the last couple years, I've been more DC oriented

jrodslam
Im not biased moreso in one company than i am in another. I did grow up on Marvel though(Spiderman and his amazing friends, Spiderman and Hulk t.v shows). As i got older i got into DC more and came to love many of their characters.

With me mostly, its the characters that are being talked about that i may be biased with moreso than the actual company. Ill say im 50\50.

Grinning Goku
It's 'biased.' Good God! Lemme guess, homeschooling right?

Redatom65
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
It's 'biased.' Good God! Lemme guess, homeschooling right?

it was late when I made this thread embarrasment

Deathstroke
I prefer DC because I grew up watching the cartoons, and I buy about 90% DC. I've only been reading comics for about 3 years though now, and the only time that I don't like Marvel is when I get into an argument with one of my friends who's a big Marvel fanboy.

Just for a little back story, the Deathstroke fight in Identity Crisis, which I know now is PIS, is the reason I started buying comics in the first place.

pr1983
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Just for a little back story, the Deathstroke fight in Identity Crisis, which I know now is PIS, is the reason I started buying comics in the first place.

as bad as it is, i can't help feeling a soft spot for the superman darkseid fight in superman/batman... embarrasment

Alright... i got started in the mid 80s, i was about 5 years old, and my dad bought me a comic called 'The Silver Surfer', which i loved... for several years after that i read X-Men, Iron Man/War Machine, Surfer of course, and a bit of Avengers too...

the only DC comic i read was Batman. I loved the Chris Reeve Superman, but i just thought Batman was soo much cooler...

for a long long time i read 99% marvel and 1% DC, my only actual exposure to DC being the Batman/Superman movies and the Flash/Wonder Woman tv shows...

Nowadays, i do buy a hell of alot more DC than i do Marvel...

The only regular Marvel Comics i buy are Astonishing X-Men and Kabuki... i had bought Uncanny, but that was shit, and with the new Storm arc coming, up, thanks for ruining Storm fanboys... two years ago i'd have bought a Storm arc...

i bought Marvel Zombies, Annihilation, and i'm looking forward to Ultimates Series 2 Book 2...

DC, i buy Superman, Action, All-Star Superman, JLA, JSA, Green Lantern and Flash (only because i want them to bring back Wally). I'm buying Countdown too...

i also buy Shi when it's available, though thats neither Marvel nor DC...

just one thing... i hate this 'Marvel is sooo much more gritty and realistic than DC' sentiment...

DC has plenty of realism... Superman having marriage troubles, Flash's wife having a miscarriage, Elongated Man's wife being murdered by Atom's... DC for me (alot of the time) writes relationships as well as if not better than Marvel... the mindwiping for me was a great idea, the killing of max lord too... it showed that heroes do have to make hard decisions sometimes...

Yes Marvel has more street level people, but its the ability of guys like Johns, Busiek, Waid and Austen (when he's on Superman at least) to show these oh-so powerful beings going through the same kind of problems, and ask themselves the same kind of questions that alot of us do in our daily lives, that is pretty real for me...

I don't even prefer one company over the other, but there are alot of people who don't give DC due credit... i'm honestly not pointing a finger, i'm talking generally...

end of rant, sorry...

Deathstroke
Originally posted by pr1983

DC, i buy Superman, Action, All-Star Superman, JLA, JSA, Green Lantern and Flash (only because i want them to bring back Wally). I'm buying Countdown too...

Our DC purchases are practically identical except I buy Aquaman and Teen Titans along with the ones you mentioned.

pr1983
Our DC purchases are practically identical except I buy Aquaman and Teen Titans along with the ones you mentioned.

lol, cool... havent read titans since before the crisis, i like aquaman, but only when he was in jla...

Deathstroke
I'm afraid Aquaman will be canceled shortly anyways. The whole replacement Aquaman thing hasn't been working out very well.

Grimm22
Titans is complete garbage now

Somehow Geoff Johns let his final arc turn out to be sh*t, despite all the hype he put around it

pr1983
I'm afraid Aquaman will be canceled shortly anyways. The whole replacement Aquaman thing hasn't been working out very well.

i didn't think it would to be honest...

Originally posted by Grimm22
Titans is complete garbage now

Somehow Geoff Johns let his final arc turn out to be sh*t, despite all the hype he put around it

i thought johns' pre IC stuff was pretty good...

Grimm22
i didn't think it would to be honest...

i thought johns' pre IC stuff was pretty good...

Everything up to the last issues of Titans-East was great erm

Then he just gave up or something.

Damnit, the Sinestro Corps better be worth it!

pr1983

Damnit, the Sinestro Corps better be worth it!

which one was titans east?

i can't wait to see the sinestro corps in action, i loved those little stories at the end of the GL issues...

that's gonna be some war...

Symmetric Chaos
i can't wait to see the sinestro corps in action, i loved those little stories at the end of the GL issues...

yes

It's like story time. But with tons and tons of evil eek!

It's also nice to see that they're coming up with some really novel characters for the SinestroCorps.

Deathstroke

It's also nice to see that they're coming up with some really novel characters for the SinestroCorps.

Yeah, the member that's like a microbe is a really cool idea.

Avalonofthewind
as bad as it is, i can't help feeling a soft spot for the superman darkseid fight in superman/batman... embarrasment

Alright... i got started in the mid 80s, i was about 5 years old, and my dad bought me a comic called 'The Silver Surfer', which i loved... for several years after that i read X-Men, Iron Man/War Machine, Surfer of course, and a bit of Avengers too...

the only DC comic i read was Batman. I loved the Chris Reeve Superman, but i just thought Batman was soo much cooler...

for a long long time i read 99% marvel and 1% DC, my only actual exposure to DC being the Batman/Superman movies and the Flash/Wonder Woman tv shows...

Nowadays, i do buy a hell of alot more DC than i do Marvel...

The only regular Marvel Comics i buy are Astonishing X-Men and Kabuki... i had bought Uncanny, but that was shit, and with the new Storm arc coming, up, thanks for ruining Storm fanboys... two years ago i'd have bought a Storm arc...

i bought Marvel Zombies, Annihilation, and i'm looking forward to Ultimates Series 2 Book 2...

i also buy Shi when it's available, though thats neither Marvel nor DC...

just one thing... i hate this 'Marvel is sooo much more gritty and realistic than DC' sentiment...

DC has plenty of realism... Superman having marriage troubles, Flash's wife having a miscarriage, Elongated Man's wife being murdered by Atom's... DC for me (alot of the time) writes relationships as well as if not better than Marvel... the mindwiping for me was a great idea, the killing of max lord too... it showed that heroes do have to make hard decisions sometimes...

Yes Marvel has more street level people, but its the ability of guys like Johns, Busiek, Waid and Austen (when he's on Superman at least) to show these oh-so powerful beings going through the same kind of problems, and ask themselves the same kind of questions that alot of us do in our daily lives, that is pretty real for me...

I don't even prefer one company over the other, but there are alot of people who don't give DC due credit... i'm honestly not pointing a finger, i'm talking generally...

end of rant, sorry...

This pretty much says everything that I would have said.

Good stuff...and you are 100% correct in people not giving DC their due credit.

CasanoVa
Marvel, pretty easily.

I buy a shed loads of DC books aswell, but they just suck because i'm pretty disinterested in the DU. So other than self contained books, stuff like JLA I can never stay with for long, JSA rocks though.

And I love Image, they have probably the best comics out at the minute.

Badabing
I like Marvel and DC evenly.

Dinalfos
Like most people, I read everything that's worth reading. But I will always prefer Marvel to DC. DC's characters can only dream of being as charismatic and compelling as most of Marvel's.

Juntai

Damnit, the Sinestro Corps better be worth it! Johns is doing a Booster Gold ongoing. big grin big grin

His Airness
I'm more playboy biased than anything else. I enjoy the artistic elegance, and lack of complicated and overrated stories playboy provide. Their' books are simple and too the point, catching you attention with every page. never will you lose interest in one of these masterpieces, and you can't say that about every company. ermm

His Airness
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Like most people, I read everything that's worth reading. But I will always prefer Marvel to DC. DC's characters can only dream of being as charismatic and compelling as most of Marvel's.

You mean like Hulk? ermm

Dinalfos
Originally posted by His Airness
You mean like Hulk? ermm

Among others, yes.

Juntai
Well, this thread pretty much clarifies, yet again, that the forum is heavily Marvel biased.

His Airness
Among others, yes.

I must ask you, whats so "charismatic and compelling" about "Hulk smash"? ermm

Juntai
I must ask you, whats so "charismatic and compelling" about "Hulk smash"? ermm The comic says Marvel in the corner, duh.

llagrok
DC or Marvel, it doesn't matter.

Let's unite in our hatred towards Rob Liefeld!

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok
DC or Marvel, it doesn't matter.

Let's unite in our hatred towards Rob Liefeld!

I met Rob years ago. He signed by NM #87

Marvel rocks. DC is good

starlock
Right now i am DC biased,most of my collecting days were marvel biased

When i was a little kid i loved marvel my older brother liked DC,in these days marvel has lost my affection for their titles

His Airness
Originally posted by guy222
I met Rob years ago. He signed by NM #87

Marvel rocks. DC is good

Actually it's been the opposite. As of late, with the exception of Annihilation Marvel has been mediocre while DC on the other hand has been great. ermm

Juntai
Actually it's been the opposite. As of late, with the exception of Annihilation Marvel has been mediocre while DC on the other hand has been great. ermm The creative staff DC has going right now is rediculous.

Big Sexy
Actually it's been the opposite. As of late, with the exception of Annihilation Marvel has been mediocre while DC on the other hand has been great. ermm Not the ultimate universe big grin

His Airness
Originally posted by Juntai
The creative staff DC has going right now is rediculous.

Completely agree. Marvel has the potential for a great year if World War Hulk, Thor's return, and Annihilation Conquest are written well. Otherwise I honestly don't see myself continually picking up Marvel comics.

His Airness
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Not the ultimate universe big grin

Well yes, The Ultimate Universe has been great.

guy222
Completely agree. Marvel has the potential for a great year if World War Hulk, Thor's return, and Annihilation Conquest are written well. Otherwise I honestly don't see myself continually picking up Marvel comics.

I will

His Airness
Originally posted by guy222
I will

Ok? ermm

Juntai
Completely agree. Marvel has the potential for a great year if World War Hulk, Thor's return, and Annihilation Conquest are written well. Otherwise I honestly don't see myself continually picking up Marvel comics. All I'll be collecting is Annihilation. Unless something else gets me interesting, like a random mini, I probably won't collect too much outside of that.

His Airness
All I'll be collecting is Annihilation. Unless something else gets me interesting, like a random mini, I probably won't collect too much outside of that.

You won't be reading Thor's return?

Also, theres supposed to be a Juggernaut, Hulk match up during WWH.

Juntai
You won't be reading Thor's return?

Also, theres supposed to be a Juggernaut, Hulk match up during WWH. I'll wait and see how it rolls first, then may pick up a trade. Tends to be a lot cheaper, usually comes with extras these days, and I'll know if it's garbage or not by the time I pick it up. If not, I'll just keep reading the old Jurgens run.

His Airness
I'll wait and see how it rolls first, then may pick up a trade. Tends to be a lot cheaper, usually comes with extras these days, and I'll know if it's garbage or not by the time I pick it up. If not, I'll just keep reading the old Jurgens run.

thumb up

coolmangoo
ya mu rocks

llagrok
I'm not too satisfied with Ultimate X-men at the moment, but the other Ultimate titles are pretty good.

Dinalfos
I must ask you, whats so "charismatic and compelling" about "Hulk smash"? ermm

That's like asking what's so compelling about "this is a job for Superman!" or "I say thee nay!".

StyleTime
I'm reading mostly DC stuff at the moment although I follow some Marvel titles like Runaways. I do find the number of Marvel fans here a bit overwhelming. It seems like they don't bother to read DC and just say they have lame stories.

My favorite is going to go to Wildstorm. Well it would go to them, if Worldstorm wasn't making me question them.

Did anyone else feel Worldstorm is a bit of a dissappointment? It wasn't really this huge thing like Wildstorm made it out to be. At least not yet.

Also, Dengeki Daioh gets an honorable mention. They put out manga but I like them.

Big Sexy
The comics that I turn to like a crack addict are the Vertigo stuff.

His Airness
That's like asking what's so compelling about "this is a job for Superman!" or "I say thee nay!".

So what exactly is compelling about Hulk?

Dinalfos
So what exactly is compelling about Hulk?

Well, I just like characters rooted in psychology, for starters. Not just psychologically troubled, but a subject of psychology itself. But the Hulk has several layers that interest me. The Hulk you know is imo interesting, because, despite his low level intellect, he has the mind and cunning of a spirited child. He's a bit sad and a bit lonely, but also selfish and sort of unlikable as a person if you don't know him. I also like how he blames everyone else for his own misery, even if it's sometimes justified.

Then there is the fact that the Hulk mentioned above is merely an amplified, distorted character trait of a larger core personality. A personality who has a certain mental disorders (I'm a psychology student) that I find fascinating: DPD or even MPS. Or perhaps a form of autism.

There's also the fact that this particular illness (whatever it is) reflects an extremely complex mind that manifests several (possibly even endless) "mutations" of itself. Some of these were even developed into fully rounded characters with their own emotional growth. And this is still only the Hulk-out aspect of it. There are so many areas to explore.

And let's not forget about the physiological/biochemical aspects. The concepts of fight or flight, adrenaline, strength, muscles etc. are nice to write a fictional super powered character around, because they make for both good physical action feats that look cool AND a personal touch that ties these powers to the essence of his or her being. That's always cool, no matter what type of character you like.

You mentioned "Hulk smash", which, by itself, is understandably interpreted as shallow and stupid. And really, the way the character has been written in the past (as a buffoon who does nothing but smash stuff) by some writers is just plain embarrassing. I can understand why a lot of people don't like Hulk, since he's not an easy character to do right. Plus, most people base their opinion solely on what they have seen from the most well known incarnation. You know, the guy you quoted. Oh well.

Anyway, there's much more, but I don't really feel like explaining it now.

Evil_Ash
Well, I just like characters rooted in psychology, for starters. Not just psychologically troubled, but a subject of psychology itself. But the Hulk has several layers that interest me. The Hulk you know is imo interesting, because, despite his low level intellect, he has the mind and cunning of a spirited child. He's a bit sad and a bit lonely, but also selfish and sort of unlikable as a person if you don't know him. I also like how he blames everyone else for his own misery, even if it's sometimes justified.

Then there is the fact that the Hulk mentioned above is merely an amplified, distorted character trait of a larger core personality. A personality who has a certain mental disorders (I'm a psychology student) that I find fascinating: DPD or even MPS. Or perhaps a form of autism.

There's also the fact that this particular illness (whatever it is) reflects an extremely complex mind that manifests several (possibly even endless) "mutations" of itself. Some of these were even developed into fully rounded characters with their own emotional growth. And this is still only the Hulk-out aspect of it. There are so many areas to explore.

And let's not forget about the physiological/biochemical aspects. The concepts of fight or flight, adrenaline, strength, muscles etc. are nice to write a fictional super powered character around, because they make for both good physical action feats that look cool AND a personal touch that ties these powers to the essence of his or her being. That's always cool, no matter what type of character you like.

You mentioned "Hulk smash", which, by itself, is understandably interpreted as shallow and stupid. And really, the way the character has been written in the past (as a buffoon who does nothing but smash stuff) by some writers is just plain embarrassing. I can understand why a lot of people don't like Hulk, since he's not an easy character to do right. Plus, most people base their opinion solely on what they have seen from the most well known incarnation. You know, the guy you quoted. Oh well.

Anyway, there's much more, but I don't really feel like explaining it now.

msn-oh

willRules
I think it goes like this...

Ultimate Marvel >>>>>> 616 Marvel > DC

Although I'm not saying that to discredit DC, I think DC is great, I just generally prefer Marvel yes

Validus
I don't get the Ultimate Marvel love. Outside of Spider-Man which is vastly superior to Amazing, it's rather run of the mill and it's flagship title can't be bothered to ship more than twice a year.

CasanoVa
Ultimate Marvel is crap.

Crap Crap Crap!

Dinalfos
Ultimate Marvel >>>> DC/Vertigo + Wildstorm + Image big grin

Symmetric Chaos
I don't get the Ultimate Marvel love. Outside of Spider-Man which is vastly superior to Amazing, it's rather run of the mill and it's flagship title can't be bothered to ship more than twice a year.

For me it's the reduced amount of continuity.

Dgw2007
superman superman

Dgw2007
1eye

Badabing
Originally posted by Dgw2007
1eye Hmm, interesting smiley choice......durfty

guy222
Originally posted by Badabing
Hmm, interesting smiley choice......durfty

I read Marvel

spiderboy5
They are both great companies in my opinion, but I just like to read Marvel more than DC.

willRules

When Ultimates did come out, it was totally worth the wait. It's worst issue was still a really good read and it's best was probably one of the most enjoyable comics I've ever read yes

I can't wait for Ultimates vol 3 yes

marvelprince

Well even though Ultimates only ships sporadically look how much everyone goes bananas over it. Personally I only read Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimates though. Ultimate FF is rather run of the mill imo and Ultimate X-Men sucks (also imo).

And as far as the companies go both of them are great (I only used to read Marvel until about a few years ago), but even now Marvel just makes more books that I want to read. My current comics list (not including minis like Annihilation, WWH etc)

MARVEL
Ant-Man
Avengers Initative (almost dropped this after the first ish. Glad I didn't)
Captain America
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Heroes For Hire
Mighty Avengers
Moon Knight
New Avengers (loving this)
New Warriors
Spider-Man (all titles)
The Order
Thunderbolts

DC
Atom
Countdown
Green Arrow Year One
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
Outsiders

Wolfie
I've been almost completely Marvel biased since childhood. Then in my teens I became 100% Marvel biased. I've been digging Image a lot lately though.

I'm just anti-DC.

pr1983
yes

It's like story time. But with tons and tons of evil eek!

i know, they're frickin awesome... drool

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
This pretty much says everything that I would have said.

Good stuff...and you are 100% correct in people not giving DC their due credit.

big grin

actually started buying more marvel now... the thor and namor series' i pick up, and astonishing x-men of course...

still buy more dc tho... anything sin corps related, and the new flash...

Solar
This board is very Marvel biased. I spoke to someone today who said theres no one thats not in Marvel and D.C better than Spiderman or Wolverine.

Faceman
I like threesomes, I mean 3 ways, I mean I am 3rd party.

pr1983
Originally posted by Solar
This board is very Marvel biased. I spoke to someone today who said theres no one thats not in Marvel and D.C better than Spiderman or Wolverine.

in a fight, or just in general?

Originally posted by Faceman
I like threesomes, I mean 3 ways, I mean I am 3rd party.

whatnow?

Akuki
Personally I'm a bit biased towards manga characters so long as they're not from DBZ, and after that I prefer Marvel characters.

Solar
in a fight, or just in general?

whatnow? In general.

Seriously with all the thousands of characters out there no one can beat them because they are not from Marvel or D.C. They guy only reads Marvel, and a tiny bit of D.C.

He doesn't want to read anything else because he doesn't want to learn about a whole new universe. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Manga is crap and should stay away from oru comics.

Akuki
Originally posted by Solar
Manga is crap and should stay away from oru comics.
Blasphemy!!chair By the way why the name change?

Wolver1ne
Hmm so far the poll tells us that people like Marvel a lot more than DC. But imo DC is just as great as Marvel...

Hercules
Marvel, tis what I grew up with, I read a little DC but just can't seem to get into it.

Takion
I'm with the Liberals.

Validus
Originally posted by Wolver1ne
Hmm so far the poll tells us that people like Marvel a lot more than DC.
Yeah, pretty shocking I know.*

*Denotes sarcasm

SpearofDestiny
I like Image better than Marvel and DC

Marvel and DC have millions of alternate storylines, and it makes it hard for me to take the primary storylines seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.