Could Darkseid or Thanos survive ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FearOfBlood
The heat of the sun? Could they walk and stand on the sun?

just curious confused

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by FearOfBlood

just curious confused Yes, and this has nothing to do with Hulk.

tkitna
I would say yes to both, but Darkseid more so than Thanos if that makes any sense at all.

Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/B33r-Doggie.jpg

His Airness
Yes they could.

Galan007
Darkseid has a greater chance of surviving on the Sun as long as needed IMO

As far as Thanos in concerned, I'm not sure.

I know he could last a while, but I don't know if he could withstand prolonged periods of time.

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007

I know he could last a while, but I don't know if he could withstand prolonged periods of time.
if Thor can Thanos as well can.

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
if Thor can Thanos as well can. When I say "prolonged" periods of time, I mean days upon days.

UniOmni

Why would Darkseid excell where Thanos might not, especially since this plays to Thanos more than Uxas?

Thanos is more physically capable than Darkseid, easily.

His durability and stamina work for him in this case.

Galan007
Originally posted by UniOmni
Why would Darkseid excell where Thanos might not, especially since this plays to Thanos more than Uxas?

His durability and stamina work for him in this case. Well there is that little "protection from death via the Source" clause. smile

UniOmni
That doesn't mean he can't repeatedly be killed and brought back.

People see what happened when the Spectre vaped him right? He died, but the source remade him immediately.

It proves he can be killed, but he doesn't have to stay dead.

Galan007
That doesn't mean he can't repeatedly be killed and brought back.

People see what happened when the Spectre vaped him right? He died, but the source remade him immediately.

It proves he can be killed, but he doesn't have to stay dead. Thus my former statement that DS could withstand something like that for longer IMO.

The dude can't die. smile

Juntai
Spectre>Sun.

UniOmni
Sun> Batman>Batkick>Spectre>Darkseid

Sun>>>>Darkseid?

Juntai
Sun> Batman>Batkick>Spectre>Darkseid

Sun>>>>Darkseid? Spectre>Batman too. A single kick he allowed to connect to his normally invisible and incaporeal form means nothing. Notice no one in the entire 8 issue arc can see or touch him unless he allows it to be so. Thus, it was so for Batman only by his own volition.

However, batman also did threaten to take down Hal as Spectre.

Skeets
Batman wouldn't try that with Corrigan...

Ytse

The heat at the surface? Depends on how long I suppose. I imagine it would certainly weaken them the longer they stayed but at what rate I cannot say.

They couldn't stand or walk on the surface unaided. There is nothing to stand on other than plasma and super-heated gas. Perhaps with some sort of robust technology. Otherwise they'd fall to the center and even for those two it would be very bad for their health after not too long. The heat is amazing there, over 13.5 million degrees celsius. But coupled with the pressure (a million tons per square centimeter!) it's extremely punishing.

golem370
Thanos has survived a black hole

golem370
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/history52.jpg

Ytse
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos has survived a black hole

I've seen a scan where he's being tended to after getting out of the black hole...at least, I think I have. But I'm not sure of the specifics. How did he escape? Did he reach the singularity? How long did he have to endure? Etc.

edit: yes, there that pic is. :-p

golem370
He was abushed by Skrull or somebody not sure of the rest

golem370
He may have been caught in it and then teleported out of it. If thats possible.

Ytse
Originally posted by golem370
He may have been caught in it and then teleported out of it. If thats possible.

Sure, in the comics it is. I'd think reaching the singularity might destroy thanos entirely. Basically you're reduced to single atoms at that point. But I'm not sure how comics handle black holes usually.

TricksterPriest

His durability and stamina work for him in this case.

Darkseid is far stronger and more durable than Thanos.

Thanos could last a while, maybe indefinitely if he has prep and tech.

Darkseid on the other hand, I don't see what the sun would do to him. If a solar sytem (or galaxy, I forget which) destroying blast barely made him flinch, I don't see what the sun will do to him.

golem370
Thanos is superior to Darkseid in strength taking on Thor who was atleast 10 times stronger then normal.

golem370
http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/powers.html

His Airness
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Darkseid is far stronger and more durable than Thanos.

Thanos could last a while, maybe indefinitely if he has prep and tech.

Darkseid on the other hand, I don't see what the sun would do to him. If a solar sytem (or galaxy, I forget which) destroying blast barely made him flinch, I don't see what the sun will do to him.

Where do you get all this "Darkseid is stronger and more durable than Thanos"? Overall more powerful yes, but in physical terms Uxas is lacking.

When did Darkseid take a galaxy destroying blast without flinching?

darthgoober
Either of them could survive as long as was necessary. DS has more than enough durability to survive, and Thanos has a comparable amount PLUS massive energy absorption capabilities.

Galan007
Originally posted by darthgoober
Thanos has a comparable amount PLUS massive energy absorption capabilities. *off-topic*

But do you think Thanos's absorption abilities would enable him to drain an entire star?

FearOfBlood
now i understand why this board is a legend on the net (i heard something about it but i could not believe)

Hulk can't survive and Thanos and Darkseid can laughing

For Christ's Sake...

TricksterPriest
now i understand why this board is a legend on the net (i heard something about it but i could not believe)

For Christ's Sake...

Yeah, funny how we're regarded as one of the best boards around for this kind of thing. And how we don't say BS like Hulk would survive or that Darkseid would have any trouble. roll eyes (sarcastic) Thanos can't survive indefinitely (minus prep and tech), but he'd last far longer than Hulk would.

darthgoober
*off-topic*

But do you think Thanos's absorption abilities would enable him to drain an entire star?
He DID absorb all the power from THOTU, so I'd consider that a definite possibility.

And even if for some reason he wasn't able to absorb the entire sun, I'm sure he'd absorb enough that whatever remained wouldn't be any kind of threat.

And even if we discount absorption all together plenty of beings that have proven to be less durable than Thanos have survived inside a sun, so I've no doubt that Thanos would be up to the task.

D-Block

For Christ's Sake...

Thanos and Darkseid >>> Hulk

and yes they could survive IMO.

Avalonofthewind
He DID absorb all the power from THOTU, so I'd consider that a definite possibility.

And even if for some reason he wasn't able to absorb the entire sun, I'm sure he'd absorb enough that whatever remained wouldn't be any kind of threat.

And even if we discount absorption all together plenty of beings that have proven to be less durable than Thanos have survived inside a sun, so I've no doubt that Thanos would be up to the task.

Can becoming one with the HOTU really be counted as an absorption feat?

Does Thanos have any big absorption feats that would show he can absorb a sun?

TricksterPriest
He was absorbing the Rot. Which was basically destroying the universe. Then he let the energy loose and 'the universe screamed' quote. Next to the HOTU, (which is a huge absorbtion feat) that's his biggest.

Photon009
Thanos and Darkseid could both easily survive going through the core of the Sun much less the surface. Surfer and Drax as well as many others have flown through the center of the sun with no problem. And i think Darkseid is around the same level as them, and Thanos is quite a bit higher.

Galan007
He DID absorb all the power from THOTU, so I'd consider that a definite possibility. He didn't absorb THOTU in the conventional sense, it was more of a merger.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Can becoming one with the HOTU really be counted as an absorption feat?

Does Thanos have any big absorption feats that would show he can absorb a sun?
Actually I just looked at the issue, and it turns out he didn't successfully absorb THOTU. He tried to, but there ended up being to much energy and his body couldn't handle it. But he WAS able to absorb enough energy enable him reach the actual Heart, and gain it's power directly(which is something no one else was able to accomplish).

And as Trick said, he also absorbed the Rot, so yeah he does have the feats to suggest it.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Photon009
Thanos and Darkseid could both easily survive going through the core of the Sun much less the surface. Surfer and Drax as well as many others have flown through the center of the sun with no problem. And i think Darkseid is around the same level as them, and Thanos is quite a bit higher.

Actually, Darkseid is way higher. He could beat all 3 of them easily.

Magee

For Christ's Sake... Relax, go smoke a joint or some thing instead of getting your panties in a twist over some peoples opinion.

Photon009
Actually, Darkseid is way higher. He could beat all 3 of them easily.

Nope, sorry. Darkseid has lost to Superman straight-up, and hurt by BATMAN. Read that again. Hurt. By. Batman. And thats just two of his 10 or so bad showings. Thanos doesnt really have any bad showings like that. Thanos would beat Darkseid into the dirt.

Avalonofthewind
Actually I just looked at the issue, and it turns out he didn't successfully absorb THOTU. He tried to, but there ended up being to much energy and his body couldn't handle it. But he WAS able to absorb enough energy enable him reach the actual Heart, and gain it's power directly(which is something no one else was able to accomplish).

And as Trick said, he also absorbed the Rot, so yeah he does have the feats to suggest it.

Good to know. What type of energy is the Rot then? Is it like dark matter? Is it a form of cosmic energy?

TricksterPriest
Nope, sorry. Darkseid has lost to Superman straight-up, and hurt by BATMAN. Read that again. Hurt. By. Batman. And thats just two of his 10 or so bad showings. Thanos doesnt really have any bad showings like that. Thanos would beat Darkseid into the dirt.

Stop talking before you dig yourself into a hole. no Darkseid is at least Odin level. He spanks Thanos easily.

Galan007
Nope, sorry. Darkseid has lost to Superman straight-up,DS has also pwned Orion, Firestorm, and Mr. Miracle all at the same time, with a gesture.

and FYI, loosing to Superman isn't a low showing for ANY character in DC. erm
Thanos would beat Darkseid into the dirt. laughing out loud

darthgoober
Good to know. What type of energy is the Rot then? Is it like dark matter? Is it a form of cosmic energy?
I'm not really sure. I'd have to research a bit, but probably.

Juntai
Nope, sorry. Darkseid has lost to Superman straight-up, and hurt by BATMAN. Read that again. Hurt. By. Batman. And thats just two of his 10 or so bad showings. Thanos doesnt really have any bad showings like that. Thanos would beat Darkseid into the dirt. Got scans?

The only time I can recall is during the S/B Supergirl arc, when Batman wearing New God armor and weapons, and a wearing a motherbox.. and all it did was break on Darkseid's skin. Darkseid didn't even make a sound when Batman was hitting him, just listened to him make his spiel about the hellspores. Then said "You dare?" and beat the crap out of him.

What other bad showings do you mean?

Juntai
DS has also pwned Orion, Firestorm, and Mr. Miracle all at the same time, with a gesture.

and FYI, loosing to Superman isn't a low showing for ANY character in DC. erm
laughing out loud Pretty much.

Photon009
Yea, and he's also been damn near killed by Superman, beaten half to death by Doomsday, and hurt by Batman, just to name a few. And losing to Superman IS a bad feat in DC when you're supposed to be his most powerful villain, yet the hero still kicks your ass.

Um, first off let me just state that i dont really care since i dont care for Darkseid as a character im just stating my peace. Now lets compare Darkseid and Thanos. Thanos has KILLED the Silver Surfer in just a small barage of blasts, and has also heavily hurt Galactus with one regular blast. Darkseid's most powerful blast has been deflected by Superman's heat vision, not even been able to knock out the Silver Surfer, and didnt even phase Galactus. And Odin one-shotted Surfer with a casual backhand, Darkseid couldnt even knock Norrin out with the Omega Effect.

darthgoober
Darkseid couldnt even knock Norrin out with the Omega Effect.
Whoa there tiger. I'm all for getting rid of the hype surrounding DS, but he DID take down Norrin it's just that Galactus healed him afterwards.

Photon009
Whoa there tiger. I'm all for getting rid of the hype surrounding DS, but he DID take down Norrin it's just that Galactus healed him afterwards.

I havent read it in a while but didnt Surfer just get knocked down for a little bit but not out, then get up and fight Orion? I thought that's what happenned.

darthgoober
I havent read it in a while but didnt Surfer just get knocked down for a little bit but not out, then get up and fight Orion? I thought that's what happenned.
No he fought Orion first, and then DS blasted him after he won. Surfer was pretty much down and out until Galactus revived him unless I'm mistaken. I could check the issue if you want, but I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.

Galan007
Yea, and he's also been damn near killed by Superman Again, that's not a low showing for any character friend.

. wink

and hurt by Batman, Are you talking about their fight on Apokolips.?

If so, you REALLY need to understand the amount of tech/weaponry Batman had, and the fact the DS still beat his ass.
And losing to Superman IS a bad feat in DC when you're supposed to be his most powerful villain, yet the hero still kicks your ass. Again, loosing to Supes is NOT a "bad feat".

Let's also remember that DS pwned Orion, Firestorm, and Mr. Miracle with a gesture.

Could Thanos do something to that degree? Doubtful. erm

Avalonofthewind
Actually, SS beat Orion.... Desaad beat SS (plot device)..then Galactus restored SS. Darkseid was recovering from his fight with Galactus and still 1 shotted SS.

His Airness
Stop talking before you dig yourself into a hole. no Darkseid is at least Odin level. He spanks Thanos easily.

When are you gonna stop the baseless claims? While Uxas is skyfather lv, he almost assuredly isn't Odin lv, and I know Avalon and Juntai are gonna try to destroy me for this, but he simply isn't.

Also, I earlier asked you what supported your claims that physically Uxas is far superior to Thanos. You ignored me, I wanna know why?

darthgoober
Actually, SS beat Orion.... Desaad beat SS (plot device)..then Galactus restored SS. Darkseid was recovering from his fight with Galactus and still 1 shotted SS.
Alright I just checked it out and we were both off a bit.

1. Surfer beat Orion.
2. Desaad snuck up on Surfer and put some gadget on his head that gave him back his memories so he attacked Galactus.
3. Galactus put Surfer down, and then healed him afterwards.
4. DS put down Surfer, but Surfer WAS back up on his own(Galactus didn't heal him again) a couple of pages later.

But the point is, DS DID put Surfer down for at least a couple of pages and could easily do so again. Anyway, the whole damn issue is non cannon so who cares?

His Airness
Yeah, funny how we're regarded as one of the best boards around for this kind of thing. And how we don't say BS like Hulk would survive or that Darkseid would have any trouble. roll eyes (sarcastic) Thanos can't survive indefinitely (minus prep and tech), but he'd last far longer than Hulk would.

Thanos can survive indefinitely within the sun. Thor, a noticeably weaker character did so with little to no signs of strain.

Avalonofthewind
Alright I just checked it out and we were both off a bit.

1. Surfer beat Orion.
2. Desaad snuck up on Surfer and put some gadget on his head that gave him back his memories so he attacked Galactus.
3. Galactus put Surfer down, and then healed him afterwards.
4. DS put down Surfer, but Surfer WAS back up on his own(Galactus didn't heal him again) a couple of pages later.

But the point is, DS DID put Surfer down for at least a couple of pages and could easily do so again. Anyway, the whole damn issue is non cannon so who cares?

SS never got up again. It looked like he attempted to though.

But the rest is on the money..

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by His Airness
Thanos can survive indefinitely within the sun. Thor, a noticeably weaker character did so with little to no signs of strain.

When did Thor survive straight up in the sun?

TricksterPriest
When are you gonna stop the baseless claims? While Uxas is skyfather lv, he almost assuredly isn't Odin lv, and I know Avalon and Juntai are gonna try to destroy me for this, but he simply isn't.

Also, I earlier asked you what supported your claims that physically Uxas is far superior to Thanos. You ignored me, I wanna know why?

Because I don't need to respond to claims by people who are obviously marvel biased and don't recoqnize when someone is more powerful. roll eyes (sarcastic) Darkseid has fought the entire legion of Super heroes and won. Something Thanos could not do. He's fought DD in H2H, he's physically beaten down Superman several times. He's stalemated Highfather physically. He's demolished the JLA with a hologram of his power. He put down the Infinity Man, who would give Thanos a very hard time, if not beat him. He is Odin level. Btw, Wrathful Dwarf is gonna destroy you as well. stick out tongue

Goober: Orion would murder Surfer for one thing. He's more powerful and the AF would seriously hurt Surfer.

His Airness
When did Thor survive straight up in the sun?

When he was talking to his brother Atum. He talked, walked, fought etc.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/atlantisattackspart13thkr8.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/atlantisattackspart13th4ev.jpg

Galan007
When he was talking to his brother Atum. He talked, walked, fought etc.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/atlantisattackspart13thkr8.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/atlantisattackspart13th4ev.jpg Those scans don't depict Thor surviving indefinitely in the Sun,

as one of your previous posts suggested:

His Airness
Because I don't need to respond to claims by people who are obviously marvel biased and don't recoqnize when someone is more powerful. roll eyes (sarcastic) Darkseid has fought the entire legion of Super heroes and won. Something Thanos could not do. He's fought DD in H2H, he's physically beaten down Superman several times. He's stalemated Highfather physically. He's demolished the JLA with a hologram of his power. He put down the Infinity Man, who would give Thanos a very hard time, if not beat him. He is Odin level. Btw, Wrathful Dwarf is gonna destroy you as well. stick out tongue

Goober: Orion would murder Surfer for one thing. He's more powerful and the AF would seriously hurt Surfer.

Simply because you think a character from one company thinks another might lose, doesn't mean you have a bias against the entire company.

I laugh when people fall back on that weak stance. It's a testament to their weak debating skills.

And the feats you listed above are supposed to prove Darkseid's physical superiority?

I've already dealt with Wrathful Dwarf, he like you brought nothing of Substance or relevance to the discussion. He like you also just claimed DS was Odin lv without any proof, his argument like yours were simply baseless claims.

His Airness
Those scans don't depict Thor surviving indefinitely in the Sun,

as one of your previous posts suggested:

Ok then I'll change my assessment. How Long Thor can stand in the Sun is unknown, however during the time he was in the sun he displayed little to no signs of strains.

Redatom65
this thread's basically turned into yet another thanos v.s Darkseid thread, and it was made by Fearofblood of all users...

Avalonofthewind
Ok then I'll change my assessment. How Long Thor can stand in the Sun is unknown, however during the time he was in the sun he displayed little to no signs of strains.

Good scans...what issue is that?

Galan007
Ok then I'll change my assessment. How Long Thor can stand in the Sun is unknown, however during the time he was in the sun he displayed little to no signs of strains. I agree.

His Airness
Good scans...what issue is that?

I honestly can't remember, Bran might know though. He's the only other avid Thor reader I can think of.

darthgoober
SS never got up again. It looked like he attempted to though.

But the rest is on the money..
Yeah he did, it just took a minute...

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9652/dg48wz3.th.jpg

darthgoober
I never said otherwise, I was just stating the sequence of events in that particular book(I'm not very familiar with Orion). But other than going toe to toe with DS(which Supes has also done) what has Orion accomplished that puts him heads and tails over Surfer in power?

Avalonofthewind
Yeah he did, it just took a minute...

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9652/dg48wz3.th.jpg

Oh...I thought you meant SS got up during the battle....this is after it was all over.

My bad. embarrasment

darthgoober
Oh...I thought you meant SS got up during the battle....this is after it was all over.

My bad. embarrasment
Yeah I meant when everything was said and done, that's why I said it was a couple of pages later.

charlemagne9746
Superman can survive indefinitely at the Sun's core...I don't see why either of these guys can't either.

His Airness
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Superman can survive indefinitely at the Sun's core...I don't see why either of these guys can't either.

That may be because the sun is a battery for Superman.

carver9
That may be because the sun is a battery for Superman.

THANK YOU. Someone finally not using the fact that superman is durable thats why he survive the sun.

Good post and smart answer. Happy Dance

charlemagne9746
Superman still has to be meta durable to handle it though...even if it is just a battery for him. The sun has immense heat and pressure...you'd have to be pretty damn durable to survive it..IMO.

Darkseid is a god anyway...things like that shouldn't hurt a god...but, I know comics are different. Same reasoning with an Eternal like Thanos.

Evil_Ash

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/RichD51/ThanosDarksied-Lim.jpg

TricksterPriest
durfist Darkseid would rape Thanos, despite your artistic rendering depicting events going the other way. stick out tongue

Galan007
Superman can survive indefinitely at the Sun's core.. Based on what?

. erm

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

lol...only in Thanos' favorite wet dreams can he do that.

carver9
Originally posted by Evil_Ash

Evil ash did you draw that.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by carver9
Evil ash did you draw that.

No, it was drawn by Ron Lim.

Galan007
Superman can survive indefinitely at the Sun's core.. Originally posted by Galan007
Based on what?

. erm Next page bump. 313

charlemagne9746
Next page bump. 313

There is no evidence to suggest that he can't survive that long in the sun. IMO...if he's good enough to survive there for a day or two....he's good enough to survive there indefinitely

Galan007
There is no evidence to suggest that he can't survive that long in the sun. IMO...if he's good enough to survive there for a day or two....he's good enough to survive there indefinitely A day or two is much different then 15,000 years. erm

Endless Mike
Surfer and Drax have gone through the sun without being harmed at all, and they are weaker than Thanos. I don't see why Thanos couldn't.

qqqqqqq
can Ds and thanos use their shields?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.