XboxLive Modders: BANNED!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schecter
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/05/18/modders-xbox-360s-banned-from-live

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/05/yougotserved.jpg

a little too far? hell no! i think they should up the ante and ban boosters and disconnectors

SaTsuJiN
Heh.. they're probably just banning people for good press right now.. a year after halo 3 is released and people will be up to their old tricks again

but I do hope that wont come true... totally agree about banning boosters.. but disconnecting is a slightly more difficult issue.. as some people dont do it on purpose

Tattoo
Originally posted by Schecter

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2007/05/yougotserved.jpg

a little too far? hell no! i think they should up the ante and ban boosters and disconnectors

I say hooray. smile I'm not paying all this money for Live only to have a sour experience most every time I'm on.

Smasandian
What the **** is a booster?

Impossible to ban disconnectors.

Just the way it is in the online world. PC gaming rarely has the amount of trouble for atleast FPS players because you dont need to start a match every game you play, its on a server and people just join and leave whenever they get the chance.

SaTsuJiN
I think they should put a damper on the smack talk... its really annoying to have some 12 year old call you all kinds of fagz n bitches.. I mean damn...I know its a game and all but they need to have a more mature sense of sportsmanship about them

PC gamers (aside from counter-strike) play the whole game without talking and then only type GG at the end

Schecter
Originally posted by Smasandian
What the **** is a booster?\

boosting is a variety of methods of cheating to reach the top of the ranking system. while methods vary from game to game there is one constant: they are not actually playing the game, but rather using a system which exploits flaws in the game.

like for chromehounds people would set up matches with their friends who would simply sit there and allow themselves to be killed in an instant. done over and over and their rank boosts.

i also disagree about it being impossible to catch and ban disconnectors. keep in mind that people do this habitually as a crybaby copout when losing, so if properly tweaked, the system of player reviews can hilight cheaters. so, while people will alway *****/moan and give bad reviews because they're sore losers, what if someone has HUNDREDS of complaints of disconnecting early?

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I think they should put a damper on the smack talk... its really annoying to have some 12 year old call you all kinds of fagz n bitches.. I mean damn...I know its a game and all but they need to have a more mature sense of sportsmanship about them

PC gamers (aside from counter-strike) play the whole game without talking and then only type GG at the end

smack talk is half the fun. as for the little timmies who call you a f@g, just whoop the shit out of them, and then enjoy the silence in the post game lobby.
its those little pleasures which keep me on live stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
I always get called a 'British f@g' which gets a bit annoying. But, once they say anything of a sort, I give as good as I get.

Bruce Leeroy
I get called an "American Dog" and booted out of games whenever I play on European Servers erm

It's intresting how petty people like that can be. Why does it matter what country you're from?

Smasandian
boosting is a variety of methods of cheating to reach the top of the ranking system. while methods vary from game to game there is one constant: they are not actually playing the game, but rather using a system which exploits flaws in the game.

like for chromehounds people would set up matches with their friends who would simply sit there and allow themselves to be killed in an instant. done over and over and their rank boosts.

i also disagree about it being impossible to catch and ban disconnectors. keep in mind that people do this habitually as a crybaby copout when losing, so if properly tweaked, the system of player reviews can hilight cheaters. so, while people will alway *****/moan and give bad reviews because they're sore losers, what if someone has HUNDREDS of complaints of disconnecting early?

smack talk is half the fun. as for the little timmies who call you a f@g, just whoop the shit out of them, and then enjoy the silence in the post game lobby.
its those little pleasures which keep me on live stick out tongue

Still cant ban disconnectors, even if they have alot of disconnects. The guy can always say his/her cable is ****ed up. It happens to me with BF2 nowadays, I always disconnect. It's ****ing annoying.

The worst part of Live is people always complaining about how shitty people are. It's not like PC at all. PC, people rarely give a shit but somehow on live, its the worst. Just started playing Ghost Recon before, and I had no idea where to go, and I got shot. Just afterthat, the guy disconnected me. Happen to me all the ****ing time. It was annoying as hell. How the hell do I get good when they pull the plug everytime. I understand the need to have the host disconnect powers, buts its shite when its because your not good enough.

To me, PC online is the best and always will be the best.

Xenogears

a little too far? hell no! i think they should up the ante and ban boosters and disconnectors Heh, sweet.

JKozzy
I agree with it on the grounds to get rid of piracy, but to ban consoles instead of live accounts is going to mess people up real bad. Someone gets console banned. Alright, go sell that on ebay to an unsuspecting customer, then go buy a new one. Find a new way to get around M$'s detection, and whammo, back in business. Unless M$ thinks this will sell more consoles, I think their methods might be backfiring soon.

Mišt
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

I played Halo for the first time in years online, and as soon as I joined some guy was copping me out cause my name wasnt in 1337 characters roll eyes (sarcastic) Then they went on to ***** about everyone's moms and so on....didnt bother me, the more they type, the less they're playing, and I ended up owning them all with a sniper rifle srug

Can you turn off chat for X-Live?

IceJaw
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
I get called an "American Dog" and booted out of games whenever I play on European Servers erm

It's intresting how petty people like that can be. Why does it matter what country you're from? Heh, I get called "foreign" constantly by Americans, has it ever occurred to them that they're foreign to me?

And occasionally they go "OH MY GOD! I got killed by a f*cking foreigner, I'm gonna go kill my self" then I reply "Sure, go ahead". What's up with that?

BackFire
Fine with me. The whole point of consoles is that everyone has a fair playground, no one has the inherent advantage of having a faster, better computer than everyone else. Modding the xbox is stupid anyways, especially this early in its lifetime.

PVS <3 big hairy dick.

Schecter
Originally posted by BackFire
PVS <3 big hairy dick.

reported

you're dick is so small, you pee sitting down and when you're done you have to wipe

BackFire
You said you wouldn't tell.

Schecter
well you're the one who blurted out my hairy dick fetish

BackFire
You wanted people to know that.

My clit is private.

Schecter
hahahaha clit. dont flatter yourself

BackFire
You make me feel so worthless.

Touch my face, so I feel pretty again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.