Haven for those who know nothing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
Hi....
It's great that a lot of you in other countries and at sneak peeks and stuff have gotten to see the movie. I really wish I was there because I still have to wait until the 25th, even longer since I'm not seeing it opening day.

Someone on here, and I won't say who, pretty much told me exactly how it ended. Needless to say, I'm pissed. Not because of the ending because I know so little about AWE. I'm pissed people are not putting little words like "Spoiler" in their messages.

Not everyone is all that interested in knowing every single little detail before they see a film. I'm guilty of seeing a few clips. Curiosity, after all. But other than the trailer and the making-of featurette, I've seen maybe 3 clips total. But things like plot twists and endings, I never want to know beforehand. Movies are meant to be seen in one sitting-- continuous with no breaks or discussion in the middle. This is how I want to see the ending: with everything leading up to it shown to me beforehand in the theater. Please, if you're going to communicate with people about something in the movie you didn't like, maybe you should ask them first if they've seen it. If you're going to have a mainstream thread like the Sparrabeth thread be full of spoiler information, have it say "spoiler" across the top. If the ending I heard is true, yeah, I don't find it the best decision for anyone, but T&T have a point: we weren't meant to delve into all this and dissect everything and gather as many spoilers as we could. We were meant to speculate and guess and be surprised by things.

Oh, and if all of you want to know what the surprise endings are to a bunch of other movies you guys haven't seen, PM me again and see what happens.

PirateDiva
Yes Im GOING on Record and saying I DONT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE ENDING I KNOW TO MUCH!!! SO I WANT A LITTLE BIT OF A SURPRISE!!!

So I Agree Lets Put "*Major Spoilers*" when u guys are going to discuss the ending! Please and Thank You....i probably wont come on as much until i see the movie cause some seriously cant help themselves! smile

IheartPocky
Yes, that sucks. I think I may know the ending but it doesn't spoil it for me thankfully hehe cause it will be totally different actually seeing it play out on screen smile for me at least hehe

lovethemtigers
yeah, unfortunately i found out the ending too...oh well...

lovethemtigers
girls...if you don't want to be spoiled..don't read the sparrabeth thread or the thread bloomaholic just started about "i have a feeling" and don't read any others..best if you stay off of the forum and especially from KTTC...i wish i had...

willofthewisp
I'm taking a few days off from the forum except for a few select threads. I thought the sparrabeth thread would be safe. Not true.

PirateDiva
Ya Me too....and thats too bad because the Sparrabeth thread is where i live!

JaehSkywalker
why do people post so much spoilers anyway? some movies i have already refused to watch even though i really did like to watch them because i've like, read what'll happen. now, i never did get around to watching them because i already know the story. what's the point in watching a movie if you already know what'll happen?

stick to the random comments and the what potc character will never say and all those other stuff without much spoilers lol.

katelovespirate
woah... the ending is floating around? praise God I've been too busy to notice... hahahaha. oh gee. see, this is great. I'm pretty much only on the Surrealkatewillomania project thread (cough, surreal POST!, cough wink) so, i don't really want to know, but is this the ending that was floating around as a possibility before, or did someone actually see this film?

JaehSkywalker
I'm not sure if someone did or not.... *shrug*

and, kate, put url tags around your blogspot link on your sig so people can just click it and go.. stick out tongue

IheartPocky
well there are people on kttc that have seen the film and answering everyones questions on every little itsy bitsy detail..

JaehSkywalker
maybe they should just keep their mouths shut and wait until everyone had watched it. erm

Djinn

katelovespirate
well the purpose of this forum is not a "spoiler central" location. it's for discussion and enjoyment. there are forum stipulations which encourage members to label all spoilers.
if people want to know spoilers, thats fine, but it would be good to make a clear label of spoilers and keep them in certain areas in order to be respectful of people who don't want to know.

Jaeh, how do I do the url thingy? smile I'm afraid I'm not hugely technical...

JacksSweet

sewti
well, on whether to be spoiled. I have to admit I think (not sure, mind you) it was this forum where I got spoiled on DMC. I had been googling for clips of DMC and came upon what seemed to be an interesting discussion. The link (from google) didn't say spoilers and this poster came right out and said about Elizabeth handcuffing Jack while kissing him to leave him to be eaten by the Kraken. I wanted to gouge my eyes out. Seriously. Since I wasn't too keen on that (Jack getting eaten by the Kraken, oh well, and not keen on gouging eyes out either smile ) I avoided the forums but did wind up waiting for DMC on DVD.

I am spoiled on AWE (but wanted to be) still undecided about whether to wait for DVD now. I made the right decision (after spoilage) I think with DMC.

Odd thing, I fell asleep on DMC in my ezboy recliner. Just after the cannibal island, I think. I woke up, you guessed it, just as she was handcuffing him to the mast.

I still watch COBP, will occasionally watch DMC. If I watch DMC I want to follow it up with something HAPPY Pirates. So am still undecided.

Oh, the point of my pointless post, sometimes people will come upon links in google or I imagine other search engines. And it really may not be clear there is spoilers (the poster who spoiled me had nothing spoilerage to alert me anyway). So please keep in mind - that there are folks that don't frequent forums but just might be looking for clips, more info, etc and will hit a spoiler.

PirateDiva
OMG Falling Asleep!! That reminds me about a Nightmare I Had!! lol

In my dream i was sooo mad that I had Midnight Screening tickets already when Disney decided to Push up the Premiere to 8 pm...so i drove myself crazy and decided Im going to watch it at 8, i was watching it and i was soooo into it but right when the climatic Battle was about to start i fell asleep and woke up to ppl cheering and clapping!! The Movie was over and I missed the ending!!

so then i was like i still have Midnight tickets so i had another chance to see it...but again when the climatic Battle was about to begin i fell asleep AGAIN!! I woke up to everyone cheering...i remember being terrified that veryone knew the ending except me and i started to cry...lol!!

Weird Dream eh! lol

sewti
wow, that is almost as good as the classic, in front of a whole room of people naked! LOL

The falling asleep part, I know now that I am in good company. Keith Richards nodded off and Johnny understood! LOL

But it was weird that I finally woke up at the "opportune moment" so to speak.

JaehSkywalker
wow... *shakes head* nightmares... all because of spoilers...

kate, here: link

without the spaces happy

what would happen is this: http://theotherkate.blogspot.com

katelovespirate
sweet action, thanks Jaeh! smile

JaehSkywalker
no problem... happy

i have a blog too, prob is i forgot my google e-mail.. and the alternate e-mail to that e-mail.. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.