The Death star why did it take so long ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Ok the first death star took 20 years to make . If you look at Rotj it happend very quickly (e.g 3 years) so why did it take so long to build the first death star?

queeq
According to Lucas: labour troubles.

exanda kane
And Clerks helps us fill in the gaps. Rebel terrorism. Not good for society.

Other than that, it's a reused plot device.

Tangible God
They had... supply problems of every kind, labour difficulties.

queeq
Lando ran the building project?

coolmovies
I think the empire was stronger with more men

queeq
You sound like Jerjerrod.

coolmovies
just my view

General G
Perhaps they were making them both around the same time, just the second one was started a little later because they saw flaws in the first one.

Or maybe it took longer to build the first one because it was the first one ever made so it had to take more time, but for the second one, it would be easier, because they already know pretty much where everything goes and whatnot.

Tangible God
The first one had design flaws, plus Superlaser problems. By the time the second one went underway, all these had been fixed.

queeq
Sure sure...

General G
It makes sense and you know it.

queeq
Any BS will do to fill up the 20 years.

General G
That's a lot of BS to think of.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by coolmovies
Ok the first death star took 20 years to make . If you look at Rotj it happend very quickly (e.g 3 years) so why did it take so long to build the first death star?

I'm assuming Sidious didn't need the Death Star as much as the second one, since he had Vader to enforce his rules.

General G
So, because he needs it more, that therefore makes the people work about 100x faster?

queeq
laughing out loud

ADarksideJedi

I think it took longer because they were making it stronger.Did not help much since it got blown up once again in the end.I really think they should fire or inleast kill the person who drew the plans for the death star.jm smile

Gideon
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I really think they should fire or inleast kill the person who drew the plans for the death star.jm smile

It's mentioned in a few EU books that Palpatine went apeshit on the guy and tortured him to death, before placing his spirit into the body of a clone, and setting him forth to correct his structural flaws. Palpatine ended up killing him a few times, if I recall.

coolmovies
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I think it took longer because they were making it stronger.Did not help much since it got blown up once again in the end.I really think they should fire or inleast kill the person who drew the plans for the death star.jm smile

If you look at GL story line for ROTJ its says the Empire prepares to crush the rebellion with a more powerful Death star ! So how can the first death star be stronger when it took 20 years to make ?? big grin

General G
Originally posted by Gideon
It's mentioned in a few EU books that Palpatine went apeshit on the guy and tortured him to death, before placing his spirit into the body of a clone, and setting him forth to correct his structural flaws. Palpatine ended up killing him a few times, if I recall.

EU!!! (queeq isn't hear to say it).

King Kandy
Because after the first one they already had the design figured out, and all that was necesary was the construction.

coolmovies
wheres queeq gone ?

queeq
Mesa here. No EU.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Gideon

Never read the books.Well I tryed did not like it. sad But that is pretty interesting.Thanks for letting me know!jm smile

General G
I read some books, mostly the Clone Wars era ones though, can't stand post-ROTJ though.

queeq
NO EU!!! mad

coolmovies
I agree no EU

Count Makashi
No Europe, i didn't know we have so many anti-Europians here.

General G
Expanded Universe, go get your intel chip upgraded.

ESB -1138

They were building a planet destroying weapon...hasn't been done before. They had to go through a lot of trial and error but with the Second Death Star they already had the needed information to construct.

MasterAshenVor
It took so long because Palpatine had to set up a Strip Club on the Death Star befor sending it out

General G
How come? Is that EU?

Tangible God
The thread question can't be answered without mentioning EU.

queeq
THen we'd better close it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.