Theory for Green Goblins Return in SM4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bruce Leeroy
Now, a lot of people who are speculating on which villain from SM3 will come back are counting out Harry just because we saw him get buried and "die".

I was researching through some old Green Goblin stuff I have and came across the comics showing the first Green Goblins "resurrection" after Norman is killed.

Norman GG is killed by his own Glider ala Spider Man 1, but comes back to life because, while buried under the ground, his regenerative Goblin powers are still active. So he basically regenerates, breaks out of his coffin, and resumes his attempts at killing Spiderman.

Why can't this happen to Harry in Spiderman 4?

it's already been set-up perfectly, Harry is impaled by his own glider and "dies". He is buried in a cemetery and forgotten. It would make perfect sense for him to regenerate and come back to life, true to the Comic Book (Well, almost. Just replace Norman with Harry stick out tongue ). It would also provide an interesting twist in the movie that a lot of people didn't see coming.

Or hell, even if that is scrapped because Harry and Peter have already bonded and the producers wouldn't want to mess that up, they can just have Norman come back to life, which would fit in with the Comics perfectly.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
Now, a lot of people who are speculating on which villain from SM3 will come back are counting out Harry just because we saw him get buried and "die".

I was researching through some old Green Goblin stuff I have and came across the comics showing the first Green Goblins "resurrection" after Norman is killed.

Norman GG is killed by his own Glider ala Spider Man 1, but comes back to life because, while buried under the ground, his regenerative Goblin powers are still active. So he basically regenerates, breaks out of his coffin, and resumes his attempts at killing Spiderman.

it's already been set-up perfectly, Harry is impaled by his own glider and "dies". He is buried in a cemetery and forgotten. It would make perfect sense for him to regenerate and come back to life, true to the Comic Book (Well, almost. Just replace Norman with Harry stick out tongue ). It would also provide an interesting twist in the movie that a lot of people didn't see coming.

Or hell, even if that is scrapped because Harry and Peter have already bonded and the producers wouldn't want to mess that up, they can just have Norman come back to life, which would fit in with the Comics perfectly.

They should wait until SM 5 or 6. to bring back Goblin.

Spiderman_RJ
i dont think theyll reuse a character everyone hated so soon, or ever.

edited: just noticed you were refering to harry.forget it! he is dead as in dead...there wasnt even a girlfriend for him in the 3 movies! no liz allen, nobody at all........if wasnt for mj kiss id say movie harry is gay!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
i dont think theyll reuse a character everyone hated so soon, or ever.

edited: just noticed you were refering to harry.forget it! he is dead as in dead...there wasnt even a girlfriend for him in the 3 movies! no liz allen, nobody at all........if wasnt for mj kiss id say movie harry is gay!

Not many people hated Norman. More poeple loved him than hated him. If you dought it, make a thread with a poll in it.

Micheal_Myers
They arent coming back in Spiderman 4.The next Villain is going to be Lizard, with a SLIGHT chance of Venom's return.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
They arent coming back in Spiderman 4.The next Villain is going to be Lizard, with a SLIGHT chance of Venom's return.

Right on the money

steverules
I reckon the easter bunny will be the next GG

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by steverules
I reckon the easter bunny will be the next GG

laughing laughing

Bruce Leeroy
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers

This has been confirmed?

Menetnashté
This has been confirmed?
no nothing has except someones character will be returning, anything could happen now

ragesRemorse

because Harry realized the error of his ways and repaired his friendship with Peter. Making him a villian AGAIN would be redundant, and the series already suffers to much from redundancy in the story alone.

Spiderman_RJ
i remember the annoying doc ock said molina may return to the franchise in the second movie.
so we have dock ock, sandman,maybe norman osborn, we need more 3,hmmmmmm maybe with lizard kraven can be introduced that makes 4! raimi wanted vulture....5.........who else is missing.ho yeah! spot!
there sinister six! for spiderman 5 or better.spidrman 6 so they can go redudant on the catchy phrase.

spencerspider
I'm having a change of mind..keep Harry dead as long as Venom is kept dead..or just make Venom a cliffhanger. I wouldn't mind seeing Norman come back as long as it is in 5 or 6..and we need a goblin battle so we need Harry or a Hobgoblin for 5 or 6 lol..nm just keep Lizard and Scorpion for 4!

Darth Jello
no more goblins, i think whats been done is enough and the only context in which either norman or harry should be brought back is in symbolic conversations with peter like uncle ben.

Bruce Leeroy
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
because Harry realized the error of his ways and repaired his friendship with Peter.

no expression

I_Like_boobs
it could be....SCORPION....CARNAGE.....VULTURE......MYSTERIO.....RHINO...... LIZARD.

But wouldnt it be cool if they did sort of a cross over with fantastic four?!?

Darth Jello
no.

nice chesticles

Menetnashté
A crossover wouldn't be bad, especially if they make rise of the silver surfer two parter and in the next one it had other heroes come to fight galactus

Arachnid1
Originally posted by I_Like_boobs
it could be....SCORPION....CARNAGE.....VULTURE......MYSTERIO.....RHINO...... LIZARD.

But wouldnt it be cool if they did sort of a cross over with fantastic four?!?

Keeley Hazell? Nice sig.
no expression

sly

You wont last a day here.

Ultimate Hulk43
The Goblin shouldn't be brought back unless it's Norman because Harry & Peter are friends now. Raimi could make it where Harry's still alive but he shouldn't go crazy & try to kill Spider-man again because this time there wouldn't be a true reason behind it. Lastly, if the Goblin returns at all, it should be in the fifth or sixth movie.

Ultimate Hulk43
Lol

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/9/8/customsig_108098_a6.gif

This was just so funny I had to repost it.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

Because they have so many great villains in Spider-man that they should focus on someone knew like the Shocker or Rhino or Scorpion or the Lizard and not worry so much as bringing back villains that already appeared in a film.

lordmohahat
make petition to bring back venom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by lordmohahat
make petition to bring back venom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need for that, Venom is returning.

Yoshi Fanatic
I hope he is. There is no use watching Spiderman 4 unless Venom's in it...

Ultimate Hulk43
Venom doesn't have to be in the movie for it to be good. Spider-Man's universe doesn't revolve around Venom. There are a lot of great villains like the Lizard, Carnage, Hobgoblin, etc.

BlaxicanHydra
Yes, but for some reason Venom is god. he isn't even that cool of a character.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Venom will return in four. Green Goblin however will not.

Yoshi Fanatic
Of course.

Ultimate Hulk43
We'll see what's what when more news is released. Until then, it's not a definite 'yes' that Venom is going to return in Spider-Man 4.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.