Batman the Animated Series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

misskraidridley
This is one of the shows that I grew up with. You may not agree with me but Batman the Animated is one the greatest series ever IMO. I,ve always been impressed with this series. It's not like any other action show I,ve seen. It's dramatic, mature and action packed. The animation is exquisite and exotic.

This series debuted in 1992 and was inspired by Tim Burton's blockbuster Batman. This show is dark. It was the first animated series in years to depict firearms being fired and Batman punching and hiitting the bad guys. The scenes were painted on black paper to help give Gotham City it's darkness.

The producers did an excellent job of bringing the characters to life. Mr. Freeze for example was turned from a cliche mad scientist with a gimmick for cold to a tragic figure whose frigid exterior hides a doomed love. Batman TAS contains all of Batman's famous foes such as Joker, Harley Quin, Two-Face, Peguin, Riddler, Mad Hatter and more. It even had his famous allies Robin, Catwoman, Bat-Girl and Comm. Gordon.

Batman TAS has won Emmy-Awards for it's distinctive animation and mature writing. This show is extremely popular. I myself have all of the DVDs of every season. It ran from 1992 to 1995. In 1997 it became the New Batman Adventures and ran from 1997 to 1999. I love this show.

DarkDethbringer
One of the best series ever!!

sindahouse
I must agree. Batman animated, in the early 90's was da bom. I love how they changed the story of two face. Much more dramatic. Especially with the whole, "big bad harv" split personality. Makes more sense to two face. And the story to Mr Freeze is amazing. I loved it. If I had to choose a favourite episode I'd struggle. But they really are fantastic. Better than any batman movie by far.

DarkDethbringer
yes yes. Big badHarv wasvery entertaining and i plan on incorporatingthat scenerio or t least a similar one intomy scripts

DARKLORDCAEDUS
One of the best Batman cartoons.

DarkDethbringer
THE best batman 'cartoon'

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
THE best batman 'cartoon'

This is true

Devil King
I loved this show. And the animated movie was excellent as well. I stopped really paying attention to it when they changed the animation styles, though.

I do not like Batman Beyond.

DarthLazious
I grew up watching it as a kid and I still watch it cause it is way better then The Batman which is a lame rip off.

DarkDethbringer
The New Animated series sucked, the only good part was that episodewherethey burned Joel Schumacher and when they showed FrankMillersDKR in the formof what a chick thought Batman waslike

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I loved Batman Beyond. As for The Batman, I like that one too.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I loved Batman Beyond. As for The Batman, I like that one too. I like Batman Beyond, but The Batman is lame as hell. Batman: TAS beats the ever loving shit out of it. My favorite animation look of the original Bruce Wayne Batman has to be the JL version.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Spartan ll
I like Batman Beyond, but The Batman is lame as hell. Batman: TAS beats the ever loving shit out of it. My favorite animation look of the original Bruce Wayne Batman has to be the JL version.

I like the JL version also.

DarkDethbringer
Beyond was ok i lost interest, THe Batman isok, JL never got my attention, cpet mayeb alittle, but unlimited is what gotmeitnerested

Mr Parker
Yeah I agree.Batman the animated series was a great show.it went off the air too soon.there should have been more made.Those other two phony reincarnations Batman Beyond and The Batman dont even come close to the greatness Batman the animated series had.Those two suck.I wish they would stop trying to do a different incarnation of batman and stick with what worked great which was batman the animated series.

DarkDethbringer
when they made the New animated series WB had total control so they stripped it of allits values and its god animation andused Superman shows animator

DARKLORDCAEDUS
when they made the New animated series WB had total control so they stripped it of allits values and its god animation andused Superman shows animator

Who said this?

WrathfulDwarf
The series success was based on three things.

First, the artwork and animation. Second, was the voice acting and sounds effects. Finally it was the writing of Paul Dini.

All these three combine deliver what it is one of the best Batman cartoon series.

DarkDethbringer
i think they should brign it back, new episodes same attitude

DARKLORDCAEDUS
i think they should brign it back, new episodes same attitude

I wish they would.

DarkDethbringer
lol all youpeople who say you hate Tim Burtons Batman movies but like the animated series, are full of shit. because this series was based on those movies. base don there soundtrack, based on there image and interperatations so far so if you like this, you have to like the original movies as they have almost the same look.

OB1-adobe
The New Animated series sucked, the only good part was that episodewherethey burned Joel Schumacher and when they showed FrankMillersDKR in the formof what a chick thought Batman waslike

which part did they burn joel schumacher?

Ultimate Hulk43
I loved the old Batman animated series. They hit every character spot on & I don't think any other Batman cartoon will be as good as this one.

SelinaAndBruce
I LOVED Batman the Animated Series but I guess that is no surprise since I loved the Burton movies and they were pretty much the inspiration for the series. It was absolutely amazing and gave us great contributions to the comics such as Mr. Freeze's new back story and the introduction of Harley Quinn

Mr Parker
I loved the animated series as well but man it pains me to have to admit it though that those crapfest Burton movies were what made the series possible.Its true though so have to admit the obvious.

SelinaAndBruce
Yes MrParker. The Penguin even had the Burton flippers, lol

But his movies were not crap IMO, lol

Ultimate Hulk43
Tim Burton's Batman movies were not crap. I didn't really like how he did the Penguin though. Anyway, his Batman films were great.

dodgetheground
Batman the Animated Series is the greatest! and even though some shows that star batman may suck, batman will live forever, and i choose to remember him from the animated series (as of 1992). batman rocks! hes way better than all other superheros, because unlike them he could be real.

DarthLazious
I say lets all boycott The Batman and write a letter for them to bring back Batman: The Animated Series with new episodes cause it protrays Batman the way he was meant to be.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by DarthLazious
I say lets all boycott The Batman and write a letter for them to bring back Batman: The Animated Series with new episodes cause it protrays Batman the way he was meant to be.
Nah if they bring it back they will make it terrible. It should be a moment in time and be left there I think.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DarthLazious

I have all the Batman The Animated Series on DVD. There are no new episodes of it. The current Batman cartoon is good, but can be better.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, & everything is starting to become rushed. They're introducing the Justice League & Two-Face hasn't even been touched on yet.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, & everything is starting to become rushed. They're introducing the Justice League & Two-Face hasn't even been touched on yet.

That's one thing I don't like about The Batman...

It's an ok show that has an awesome Robin (very well written character) but they haven't introduced at LEAST Harvey Dent yet, and for that I kinda get upset... That and the HORRID Batgirl (everything she says turns out horrible)

Anyway, I really would like at least one more DCAU DTV... Knightfall anyone? I mean, everything is in place, and it could at LEAST be part of the chaotic events of 2009, which I would like to be somewhat like Kingdom Come, which would force Bruce to use the Beyond suit in the struggle, and eventually for the rest of his career...

I think it would fit nicely into the gap between Justice League Unlimited and Batman Beyond, but that's just me...

Any thoughts?

sindahouse
Bring back, batman the animated series.. From 1992.. It was just the bom man.. Everything after that has proven to be second best.

I have them all on DVD.. They just rock..

What would be ur favourite episode??

Ultimate Hulk43
Seriously, there's no chance of the series getting a reboot because it doesn't need one.

DarthLazious
Well I say it is does and as for my favorite episode well it is...All of them.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Look forward to watching The Batman in the fall.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, 'The Batman' is a cool show, I especially like how Bane was done.

MADMAN01
heyy, i was just wondering anyone know where i can get batman tas volume 3 and 4 on region 2 dvd. or does any1 know if i can play them on a lap top or ps2/ x box 360

batman tas rules big grin

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by MADMAN01
heyy, i was just wondering anyone know where i can get batman tas volume 3 and 4 on region 2 dvd. or does any1 know if i can play them on a lap top or ps2/ x box 360

batman tas rules big grin

You can buy them at your local DVD store. They are playable on your laptop and I 'm pretty sure also on PS2 and XBOX 360.

Ultimate Hulk43
Of course. Every DVD should at least be playable on the Xbox 360, I look at DVD's on my 360 all the time.

MADMAN01
but are they region one? coz i cant find them for region 2 anywhere :@ lol.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm really not sure.

Mr Parker
I sure miss that old show.wish they would bring it back again. sad

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Batman: The Animated Series will be showing on Toon Disney real soon.

Mirai Gohan
Really? It should've stayed on Boomerang.

Joker1237
Why Toon Disney?? Did Disney buy the Batman name from Warner Brothers?? They cant do that?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Joker1237
Why Toon Disney?? Did Disney buy the Batman name from Warner Brothers?? They cant do that?

I know this because my nephew watches various shows on Toon Disney and he told me that they were advertising BTAS and the STAS. It should bve shown sometime in the next few weeks.

brainchild81
BTAS was the best. Batman Beyond was very good. The Batman is good

Evil_Ash
Batman has taken over X-Men: The Animated Series!

3sHcHQI6OtI&mode

brainchild81
Fox used to have such a good lineup

Joker1237
For some odd reason that felt pretty nice with Batman owning the X-Man.

That video is PROOF that Batman beat ALL the X-Men right there. When Batman started taking over there TV show, the X-Men had no answer. Not even Mister's X's mind control could stop the Bat.

PS Jugglenot was not running from the X-men, He was running from Batman.

Joker1237
Originally posted by sindahouse
Bring back, batman the animated series.. From 1992.. It was just the bom man.. Everything after that has proven to be second best.

I have them all on DVD.. They just rock..

What would be ur favourite episode??

Perhaps. But I still think Superman TAS, Justice League and JLU were pretty amazing. Darkseid vs Superman in STAS was a amazing smackdown drag out battle that never happen on the old Batman TAS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.