Should there actually be a "KMC Toilet"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schecter
i know the otf is referred to as just that, but i think that there should be a seperate "KMC Toilet" where the completely useless threads go. i mean, what keeps me away from the OTF is the massive amounts of pure crap threads with no point whatsoever. so when you post an off topic thread, it zooms to page 6 at light speed. so i propose a seperate forum for people to post brain farts till their hearts' content.

what do you all think?

Lana
That is the purpose of the OTF already, though. It's where all the pointless junk goes.

Schecter
but my point is that many threads at the otf do have a point, however off topic to the rest of the forum. they just seem swept aside by purely pointless threads. "check out this funny video" vs "dur dur poopy lolz"

{{QS}}
I agree with Schecter there's a difference between off-topic and pointless stuff.Some people make threads in the OTF that are quickly buried due to stuff that has no purpose and has no potential to be a long lasting thread.The only issue is getting people to post in it.

Impediment
The OTF is, for lack of a better word, KMC's toilet. How does one discern what threads are "useless" from the "useful" in a forum that is dedicated to non-topical threads?

You can't. You might as well call the OTF the "Ol' Toilet Forum", seeing as how that's what it is.

Schecter
point: having a topic

pointless: having no topic

Impediment
Originally posted by Schecter
point: having a topic

pointless: having no topic

But the threads of the OTF are, in fact, off topic, seeing as how they have no real relevance. Threads like "Rate the Sig", "What are you wearing", and "Last time you had sex" are just as off topic as threads like "Sex Party", "Cover Me, I'm going in" and "I just farted", not to mention all of the social threads by various members, most of which are devout OTF posters.

I understand that the OTF needs cleaning up, really I do. However if you remove all of the "junk" threads, people will still use those same threads and then they'll make more and more and more. It's like genital warts, you know? You can make 'em go away for a while, but eventually the little b@stards will come back. (Not that I would know personally.......stick out tongue )

Schecter
Originally posted by Impediment
But the threads of the OTF are, in fact, off topic, seeing as how they have no real relevance.

completely incorrect generalization.

just for shits, i'll copy and paste the first few thread titles:
---------------------------------------------------------------

1,000,000th post game

Whats the LAST thing you purchased?

Cover me . . . I'm going in!

Swe_Bum!!!

In love with Wild-Cherry!

What Would You Do?

Rate/Evaluate the Profile of the person above you

The New Official "What do you look like" Thread

Ask the Person BELOW You a Personal Question.

What are you DRINKING right now?

Poll: singing

What time is it...

How much do you tip?

What are you eating right now ?

The Sanctuary and friends thread

Random Comments

Quite possibly the most badass thing I have ever seen......

------------------------------------------

clearly most of these threads have a topic. these are unaltered in their cronology. yes, word games and random comments are retarded threads, but regardless their topic are clearly implied. most of these threads have a clear topic.

you seem to confuse 'off-topic' with 'no-topic'. off topic simply means it has no place in any forum subdirectories.

Threads like "Rate the Sig", "What are you wearing", and "Last time you had sex" are just as off topic as threads like "Sex Party", "Cover Me, I'm going in" and "I just farted", not to mention all of the social threads by various members, most of which are devout OTF posters.

no, the first 3 have a clear topic. just because its silly doesnt make it pointless. there is a topic which theoretically can stick. as for the other 3, i agree they are retarded and should be flushed.

I understand that the OTF needs cleaning up, really I do. However if you remove all of the "junk" threads, people will still use those same threads and then they'll make more and more and more. It's like genital warts, you know? You can make 'em go away for a while, but eventually the little b@stards will come back. (Not that I would know personally.......stick out tongue )

i think you are being to pesimistic on what is "junk"
junk is the lack of a topic. its really simple.

you can respond to "rate the sig" by rating the sig.
respond to "last time i had sex" with the last time you had sex.
and you can brag about what you're wearing in the "what are you wearing" thread.

silly? yes
asinine? yes
pointless? no

§P0oONY
Having a "KMC Toilet" would imply that the OTF wasn't one. Therefor I'm against.

Impediment
clearly most of these threads have a topic. these are unaltered in their cronology. yes, word games and random comments are retarded threads, but regardless their topic are clearly implied. most of these threads have a clear topic.

you seem to confuse 'off-topic' with 'no-topic'. off topic simply means it has no place in any forum subdirectories.

I'll agree that a good portion of the OTF's threads are silly, asinine, and even pointless junk. But does that merit reason to create a whole new sub-forum for "garbage threads"? The "no-topic" threads should just stay where they are with the "off-topic" threads. For one, the Globals have enough on their plates trying to clean up all of the pointless shit in the OTF. Secondly, if a "garbage/toilet" forum were to be created, I'm betting my last two cents that it would lead to even MORE shit threads, in both the OTF and in said garbage bin forum, what with the emphasis on trying to delete/flush away less and undesireable threads.

If you ask me, I think that the OTF is enough like a toilet and should be left alone.

Schecter
many forums have an OTF as well as a pointless thread graveyard.
i just think with all the cliquishness and mutually accepted/bashed threads its become a great hypocrisy. if one of us makes a thread with no point, we'll get "lolz" "hahahaha" and if a newbie does it, its "GTFO" etc.

i just think that its a group think issue, especially this notion that "its our kmc toilet and we like it that way" which seems to be prevalent. (and i do not declare myself clean of this hypocrisy either) so, while its a grand ol' time for a few, i feel its a stain on the whole community.

there are so many legitimate topics which are buried by nonesense. in fact, KMC is the only forum i've encountered where "off topic" runs synonymous with spammed pointless brainfarts.

Impediment
The OTF Clique factor is very much there, I agree. I'm also not trying to say that I dont lurk around there. Heavens, no.

As far as legitimate topics go, shouldn't they be considered GDF worthy? What is the difference, as far as legitimacy goes, in "What are you wearing right now", as opposed to "Father microwaves his baby"?

Of course, I realize differences in threads such as "Is abortion wrong?" and "Rate the sig of the person above you" and, say, "I ate a baby". I just feel that it'd be pointless to create an exact duplicate of something we already have, and needs to be seriously cleaned up.

§P0oONY
many forums have an OTF as well as a pointless thread graveyard.
i just think with all the cliquishness and mutually accepted/bashed threads its become a great hypocrisy. if one of us makes a thread with no point, we'll get "lolz" "hahahaha" and if a newbie does it, its "GTFO" etc.

i just think that its a group think issue, especially this notion that "its our kmc toilet and we like it that way" which seems to be prevalent. (and i do not declare myself clean of this hypocrisy either) so, while its a grand ol' time for a few, i feel its a stain on the whole community.

there are so many legitimate topics which are buried by nonesense. in fact, KMC is the only forum i've encountered where "off topic" runs synonymous with spammed pointless brainfarts.
Very fine post you have there... Very fine.

I agree with it 100%

Ushgarak
We did actually used to have a more-OTF-than-the-OTF area. Tried that and failed.

Fact of the matetr is, the OTF was never meant as a place of social interaction- but people chose to use it as such. You try and make another OTF+ area, people will just colonise that as well. It just doesn't work.

Nope, it's the dustbin and it stays so- simple and pure.

BackFire
PVS already is the KMC toilet.

masterkit
If they did make a "KMC Toilet" it should have closed threads in it..

Schecter
Originally posted by BackFire
PVS already is the KMC toilet.

hehehehe *spreads*

BackFire
Mmm, that's good eatin'

Schecter
its just such a contradiction though that the most frequented forums are allowed to go completely to shit while the less frequently visited forums are overmanaged/micromanaged to death.

§P0oONY
its just such a contradiction though that the most frequented forums are allowed to go completely to shit while the less frequently visited forums are overmanaged/micromanaged to death. Video games forum is completely smothered.

Schecter
this made me lol:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/452409_1-its-not-just-a-job-its-a-career

gotta make room for the thought provoking threads like "Oh My Gwar! Lyke, Teddiursa lyke totally fails!" or the "1,000,000th post game".
dont know if im more shocked that it was reported or that anyone bothered to close it laughing out loud

sorry otf, didnt mean to piss on the shit stain

Lana
Well, it doesn't matter if it's a pointless/stupid/whatever thread, still doesn't mean duplicates are allowed.

Schecter
thats very hypocritical considering all the threads with no topic, only separated by a different title. by this apparent unwritten rule/exclusion to the rule, its kosher.

so if i made a thread called "lolz im in ur bathroom cloggin ur toiletz" it would be legit. but i should have seached to page 4 (where the thread is...well probably page 5 by now) to keep the forum clean. is there not something bass ackwards about that?

Syren
Bring back Tired Hiker's Pad! oh

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Syren

Best suggestion in this thread. thumb up

Syren
You flatterer, you eyes

§P0oONY
Negative... Tired Hiker's threads are not even funny anymore... The guy lost his touch ages ago.

WrathfulDwarf
You flatterer, you eyes

I was just looking for a chance to quote you. embarrasment

Syren

BackFire
thats very hypocritical considering all the threads with no topic, only separated by a different title. by this apparent unwritten rule/exclusion to the rule, its kosher.

so if i made a thread called "lolz im in ur bathroom cloggin ur toiletz" it would be legit. but i should have seached to page 4 (where the thread is...well probably page 5 by now) to keep the forum clean. is there not something bass ackwards about that?

Time for the fist.

§P0oONY
Who told you to speak? mad

WD blush2
You know I'm right... Unless you have no sense of humour.

Schecter
Time for the fist.

no. im tired of this shit. every time i make a point you're trying to shove your fist up my ass. where is the decency? where is the sense of priority?

*bends over*

*spreads cheeks*

BackFire
Agruing only makes me harder.

That's right.....you know.....goooood.

WrathfulDwarf
Time for the fist.

YEAH! You go BF!

Knock his....

*reads more carefully*

nvm.

Schecter
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Knock his....

prostate?

WrathfulDwarf
hmm

Sorry, I ran out of things to say.

I go now.

Syren

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
YEAH! You go BF!

Knock his....

*reads more carefully*

nvm.

Don't pretend you aren't at least a little intrigued.

That's how it always starts. You will soon be one of us.

Schecter
umm.....no response to this:

anal ermm

proof that backfire is gay

BackFire
I've made a horrible error and apologize deeply for it.

Bruce Leeroy
If we get a new "shit" forum then we should get a Vs' Everything forum...

Dammit.

Barker
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
If we get a new "shit" forum then we should get a Vs' Everything forum...

Dammit.
Same thing, really.

hysterical2

I make me giggle.

Bruce Leeroy
Ya know, your right.

**** the Toilet forum, just create the "Vs. Anything" forum instead.

Barker
You get shit threads either way, doesn't really matter.

Bruce Leeroy
Exactly. So just make the vs/ forum anyway.

Barker
Or we could call it the OTF Toilet and it'd be the same thing.

Except not as ghey sounding.

Mišt
We should have a Barkermon forum, so we can talk about Barkermon, trade Barkermon, etc jockey

Barker
I agree, and if we don't get one, we'll all revolt, got that, Raz? jockey

BakaXero

Strangelove
The shit threads in the OTF are immediately ridiculed by the more steadfast posters in said forum, so I don't see the need for another toilet. It's just more fun for us, really.

Mišt
Originally posted by BakaXero
This sounds way better then a "KMC toilet" or a "Vs anything" forum. jockey

If one of the other forums are ever made then you must make a barkermon Forum as it would so pwn those other threads 131

And a Barkermon VS forum, for battles etc 131

BakaXero

Schecter
Originally posted by Strangelove
The shit threads in the OTF are immediately ridiculed by the more steadfast posters in said forum, so I don't see the need for another toilet. It's just more fun for us, really.

the majority of shit threads seem to be created by popular/accepted members and go unchecked. again, before the inevitable"ZOMG HYPOCRITE!!1" member chimes in, ill restate that im guilty as well in both the creation and acceptance of shit threads. but lets not be blinded to reality by our own cliquishness.

Barker

Strangelove
the majority of shit threads seem to be created by popular/accepted members and go unchecked. again, before the inevitable"ZOMG HYPOCRITE!!1" member chimes in, ill restate that im guilty as well in both the creation and acceptance of shit threads. but lets not be blinded to reality by our own cliquishness. Duly noted 131

Mišt
Originally posted by Barker
That would be the only good Vs forum in the entire history of forever. Originally posted by BakaXero
yes and it would be full of shit 313

lol pwnt. 131wank

Barker
lol lol

lol wate

lol hai

BakaXero
I'd say problem pretty much solved 131

Spidervlad
Schecter is totally correct. I find it annoying how people treat the Off-Topic Forum. If you want help, say, concerning your pet's health and if you post it anywhere on the forum other then the Off Topic Forum, mods will close it and tell you to post it on the OTF. If you post it there, most replies will either be "Ewwww I accidentaly sat on a piece of crap" or "Omg lolz, I jist gaeve myselfz a wedgiee!!!"

Moderators should make 2 forums, one called a "Pub" which most forums have it called, and the other called "The Off Topic Forum" and for anyone who wishes to ressurect the OTF's randomness to be warned.

Schecter
Originally posted by Spidervlad
If you want help, say, concerning your pet's health and if you post it anywhere on the forum other then the Off Topic Forum, mods will close it and tell you to post it on the OTF. If you post it there, most replies will either be "Ewwww I accidentaly sat on a piece of crap" or "Omg lolz, I jist gaeve myselfz a wedgiee!!!"

THAT is exactly what im talking about. its like a topic is banished and all but erased just because it is not political, philosophical, or religious.
its really a joke, and not the funnyhaha kind

Bruce Leeroy
"Is PVS a sexual Predator?"

My favourite thread 313

Schecter
shut up before i rape your open and willing hole

BackFire
Can it be rape if it's a willing hole?

Hmmmmm?

Schecter
he's not willing, but his forever starving hole craves my manhood. and i will not disappoint it. no i wont.

think "romance novel"

Bruce Leeroy
Who said I was unwilling?

]131

Schecter
*goes flacid*

gee thanks alot

Bruce Leeroy
sad

I'll try to be a bit more unwilling in the future, then.

*Clenches hole*

Syren
laughing

Oh, gross.

If there's never going to be an extension of the OTF to hold the completely shit threads, then can't the GDF be a little more relaxed to compensate?

Schecter
relaxed? i think it should be more discriminating. like all these "ZOMG THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!1 DEAD BABIES RAPED AND PUPPIES STOMPED!!11" rabble threads with no room for debate so everyone can say "my heart goes out to..." and "i will pray for..." etc. those imo belong in the OTF.'

now lets make love

Mišt
This thread popped into my head cause I had no idea if I should post a new thread in the GDF or OTF...so Ill post while Im here..

Originally posted by Ushgarak
We did actually used to have a more-OTF-than-the-OTF area. Tried that and failed.

I think that's why it failed, you already had an OTF that everyone was used to, so they really had no reason to move to the newer OTF forum. Also, cleaning up the OTF is a task not worth wasting time on.

Nope, it's the dustbin and it stays so- simple and pure.

I disagree with this statement. There are many threads that should go to the OTF, purely because they dont belong in any other forum but get lost under the rubbish. Example:

Originally posted by Spidervlad
concerning your pet's health

Made in the GDF, it would be lost under all the thought provoking, discussion/debating threads. Moved to OTF, it would get lost under all the nonsense threads. The topic is still legit but it gets pulled under the 'forum toilet' label people like to use for some reason. Despite the amount of shit in there, not all threads are shit. 'Pet's Health' is obviously not as useless as 'Do you wank with your left or right hand?'.

Also, side note, a few useless threads get moved into the OTF as if its a bin.
Duplicate threads like these (not specifically these ones) made in the GDF:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459310.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459008.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459106.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459107.html

Instead of being merged and kept in the GDF, they get tossed over to the OTF....why? They arent going to generate any more discussion, they're as much a waste of space in the OTF as the GDF, so merge and keep in the right forum or close them.

i know the otf is referred to as just that, but i think that there should be a seperate "KMC Toilet" where the completely useless threads go. i mean, what keeps me away from the OTF is the massive amounts of pure crap threads with no point whatsoever. so when you post an off topic thread, it zooms to page 6 at light speed. so i propose a seperate forum for people to post brain farts till their hearts' content.

what do you all think?

In response to this, I dont think a new Junk forum should be made. Instead, I think a new 'Legit Thread' forum should be made (but with a snazzier name raver )

the OTF was never meant as a place of social interaction

The OTF can stay as the OTF with all the nonsense threads, but rename it to something like an offical Social Forum (seeing as thats basically what it is now), so it clearly indicates what the threads will be. All those 'on topic yet still off topic' threads like 'Last Time You Had Sex' or 'Rate the Sig' threads can stay in the Social Forum, while the 'on topic yet not quite GDF/OTF worthy' threads like 'Pet's Health' etc can be made into the newer forum. It would be much easier to keep clean than trying to sort out the OTF in its current state.

The OTFers are happy cause their forum hasnt been renovated, the GDFers are happy cause all those 'non debate worthy but still legit' threads finally have a place to go, and the people complaining about having nowhere to post their relevant threads can post without worrying about it getting buried.

Long post faint

Ushgarak
It's such a fine and opinionated distinction about what would go where in the system you propose that it is really not worth it, and then all three would end up with people trying to use it socially.

Creating yet another area is really not the answer to any issues.

Spidervlad
How about warn all the people in the "Off Topic Forum" that anything completely relevant and without an idea should go to the "Social Forum" and punish anyone who does the opposite the same way you would if you post a pokemon thread in the Star Wars forum. You just need to regulate the rules, and soon people would get used to it and use the forums correctly. It would only recquire for a new collection of moderators for both forums in order to regulate the rules there more strictly.

Ushgarak
Attempting to enforce mod rules like that on the OTF is a recipe for disaster. There is a reason it is a mod-light zone.

Like I saym, the OTF already became a social place by its own momentum. Trying to alter the dynamic is like trying to hold back the tide.

Opening up a dedicated 'social area' and trying to distinguish it from the OTF would be a disaster.

Stella Artois
What?

Clovie

what do you all think?

been there seen that

There was a subforum of OTF. It was called... *thinks* "Tired-Hiker's pad " or something..

and it had more or less a lot of nonsense threads.

It was merged back with otf later on...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.